Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2005, 07:34 AM   #1
WrongWay
Banned

Rome Total War: Barbarian Invasion

So, my copy of RTW has now made its way to the bookcase. I haven't played it in at least a month maybe two. Does this expasion pack offer enough to bring the game back from my bookcase and back onto my computer desk?

Wow, with all the RTW talk around here when the game first came out I would of thought that an Expanison Pack to this game would of drawn huge reviews and posts around here. Especially from the RTW fans here.

I am correct in assunming that the Sept 27th release date did happen and this game is now widely available?

Looking for any FOFC Reviews I can get.

Thanks.

WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #2
Anthony
Banned

i play the Rome:Total Realism mod, which is very expansive and more historically accurate in terms of maps, factions and war gear. i haven't looked into the Barbarian expansion pack yet, as i still haven't finished playing my campaign yet. i don't have much more to go, i think i have like less than 10 years to take over 9 more terrirtories and i'll have won the game. right now i'm busy assembling a huge army, pushing north and will try to dominate in about 3 turns.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:14 AM   #3
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I quit playing after the load\siege bug was discovered and have been waiting for a patch to fix that. The 1.3 patch should be coming out shortly for RTW and according to those with BI(1.3 is built into BI) does fix this bug.

I'll just d'load the new 1.3 patch and make up for lost time and then maybe pick up BI when it hits the discount bins.

Most of the reviews at the total war boards have been positive, though as always there are complaints too.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Like HA, I've been playing the Total Realism mod extensively. But the cool new feature that was added to the Barbarian expansion looks to be the ability to have night battles, if you commander has that ability. The flaming arrows should be cool to watch.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:22 AM   #5
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

I've got it and it has fixed some of the issues left over from RTW. And it's a different game in terms of how you start and what you have to do. In RTW, most factions started out more or less even. In BI, the Eastern and Western Empires are already huge, though crumbling - that's your challenge if you play those factions. The other factions, mostly, are much smaller, and some are hanging on for dear life.

But it has the inevitable bugs, so if you are enjoying RTW still, wait for the first patch of BI before getting it.

The added bits are cool enough, but I don't particularly like any of the available factions. I'd probably like a mod that set it later in the Middle Ages. I feel like it's safe to say that'll be coming along shortly, even though I haven't checked yet to see if that's the case.

I wish they'd have let me play the Romano-British. I could have gotten into that. With a mod you can play the Celts, but they are a very limited faction. I've been trying out the Saxons. The shield wall is cool!
Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote