Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2005, 06:11 AM   #151
Bee
Pro Starter

Now we just need someone that looks like a gay hairdresser...someone ping Cringer.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 06:54 AM   #152
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboJ
Back to the original topic for a second...

Someone needs to explain something to me. Here are two scenarios:

A) Jim doesn't release any information about what he's working on or when it will be released. People start a bunch of threads like this, wondering what Jim is working on and when it will be released, and complaining that he won't give up any information.

B) Jim comes here and posts what he's working on, and gives an approximate release date with the stipulation that it is only an estimate and subject to delay. The release date comes, the game is not ready, so he comes on here and posts that the game has been delayed and may not be ready for another month or two. Maybe two months later, it is still not ready, so he posts again that the game is still not ready, and may be delayed yet another month or two.

Ok, some people are never satisfied, and those people would complain about either of these scenarios. But from Jim's standpoint, how is either one of these worse than the other? If he choses scenario B, and the game is delayed, how does that hurt him? Sure he may lose sales from people who get tired of waiting, but he runs the same risk with scenario A. As has been pointed out, if people at least know the game is coming, they may postpone a purchase from of a competitor.

I think if he choses scenario B, and he at least comes here and gives a brief update every once in a while, I think that will keep at least 90% of us happy. If he choses A, it just leaves people in the dark, and that doesn't make anyone happy.

But what if Jim decideds to change projects mid stream? I remember him doing that once before I believe, Right before FOF4 came out if I remember correctly

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote