Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2005, 07:08 PM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

New Party Poker Set-Up

People over at the 2+2 forums are getting ready to commit suicide over the new Party set-up. They have consolidated from the other skins. It seems they have two different networks now, the “Party” and the “Skins”. It seems people who relied on rakeback to pay the bills are going to have to get real jobs. There are some pretty funny posts over on the 2+2 board.

Party also added new features such as Black Jack and side-pot betting on what color the flop will be. This means that more of fish’s money will go to Party and not to good players. Both of these bets have a negative expected value for the user.

Anyway, I have not relied on rakeback but I always considered a viable option. If your into poker and that sort of thing, head over to the Internet section of the aforementioned forum and listen to rampant speculation.

EDIT: My word processor did not like the word "rakeback" and changed it rake bake.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 10-08-2005 at 07:20 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:23 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Link? Never been to those forums but I have like an hour to kill and can use a laugh.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #3
QuikSand
lolzcat

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...at=&Board=inet
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

Bad news.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:37 PM   #5
MJ4H
Coordinator

i cant believe they didnt see it coming.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:41 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Yeah, i'm one of those ready to jump out the window. I'm really hoping there is just some delay in the software upgrades for the other skins...
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I'm really hoping there is just some delay in the software upgrades for the other skins...

Doesn't look promising:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...5&o=14&fpart=1
Old 10-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Well, it was fun while it lasted anyway.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM   #9
sabotai
General Manager

Could someone explain the situation? I'm not following why it is people are upset over this (since I don't play on PartyPoker or any of the other ones mentioned)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #10
QuikSand
lolzcat

My nutshell:

Many savvy online poker players have found that they can play at the so-called Party "skins" like Empire Poker and EuroBet Poker, and receive a promotional arrangement where they get back a share of the house rake they generate ("rakeback"). If you play a lot, this can add up to hundreds, even thousands a month. And you could play at the same tables as all the thousands of poor players who respond to the Party Poker advertising -- the tables were all commingled.

Now, this announcmeent essentially says that the "skins" sites are going to have their own set of tables, separate from those inhabited by the legions of Party players. Presumably, playing at Empire (where you get your rakeback deal) just got pointless, since you're in there with other rakeback-seeking multitablers, rather than the dummy fish from Party Poker.

And if this includes you, you are sad.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:54 PM   #11
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
And if this includes you, you are sad.
The fish or rakeback-seeking multitablers are sad?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #12
QuikSand
lolzcat

The rakeback-seeking multitablers are very sad. Sorry.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This looked like it might be useful?

Our new Deal Making facility allows you to cut deals at the final tables of a tournament for all or part of the remaining prize pool. Deal Making is part of the automated process that allows players to choose pre-determined deal structures and custom payouts. It is available for most real money multi-table tournaments with a cash-only prize pool.

Then again, it really just depends on how its actually carried out....as in how many people have to agree on the chop, etc.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #14
QuikSand
lolzcat

It appears that you are able to open more than 4 tables at Party now... either 8 or 10 is the new limit, it seems. Good for database-building, also.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:16 PM   #15
QuikSand
lolzcat

hxxp://www.partypoker.com/news/policy.html

Last edited by QuikSand : 10-08-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:35 PM   #16
Subby
lolzcat

I made $1,300 in rakeback last month on Eurobet (a party skin).

You can see how one might be upset.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

well fuck.

With all the 2+2 people threatening to not play on party, will it become even more fishy? Rakeback is great and all, but if party still has 40,000 players online, isn't it still the place to play?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:15 AM   #18
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
well fuck.

With all the 2+2 people threatening to not play on party, will it become even more fishy? Rakeback is great and all, but if party still has 40,000 players online, isn't it still the place to play?
Yeah, it probably will be, but a lot of people just lost a pretty steady rake-back income. it hurts.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Yeah, it probably will be, but a lot of people just lost a pretty steady rake-back income. it hurts.

Absolutely, I'll lose some, about $250/mo. Rakeback isn't nearly as good for someone playing strictly SNGs, but its still a noticible dent.

But I think the kneejerk reaction to say fuck Partypoker is pretty silly. Assuming this does indeed kill the skins(and I can't imagine that it won't), is it smarter to run to one of the many sites all those people said they're quitting for where they can get rakeback, or to stay with party? Depends on the win rate of course, and I'm sure a ton of those people are just mouthing off and won't be going anywhere.

For right now, I have a small bonus offer at party for earning some points, I'll work that off, and I'll probably finish up the latest pokerstars bonus that I hadn't begun yet, while I wait for Eurobet and intertops cashiers to start working again, after that, I'll see where the dust settles, but I'd bet I'll end up at party.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:54 PM   #20
Subby
lolzcat

My rakeback guy seems pretty confident that he can set up something on Party, so I think this isn't going to be the disaster that it was initially thought to be.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 10-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #21
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
My rakeback guy seems pretty confident that he can set up something on Party, so I think this isn't going to be the disaster that it was initially thought to be.

I saw something about that mentioned on 2+2, does he have any info on existing accounts being able to get rakeback? That could actually end up being a better situation I think in the end.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #22
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I got an email saying I could get 22% but you have to open a new account. I am sure the same Neteller ID will be a dead giveaway.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #23
Subby
lolzcat

He said that if your account has been dormant for 60 days he can convert it. Obviously, that won't be the case with most. Probably going to leave mine dark for the two months and play on Stars or maybe just stay at Eurobet and see how the games shake out. After 60 days I'll convert.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #24
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
He said that if your account has been dormant for 60 days he can convert it. Obviously, that won't be the case with most. Probably going to leave mine dark for the two months and play on Stars or maybe just stay at Eurobet and see how the games shake out. After 60 days I'll convert.

My account has been dead for sixty days but I was about to take advantage of the reload. How long will it take from him to convert?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:57 PM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

I of course played on party for 30 minutes last night, I cashed out of Eurobet but I will almost certainly do the pokerstars bonuses before I do anything else and just avoid the party network until I am 100% certain what to do.

The party bad beat jackpot is up to $250,000, damn impressive.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:06 PM   #26
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii

The party bad beat jackpot is up to $250,000, damn impressive.

Flopped Quad 9s tonight on a bbj table - two queens on the board and a guy capping the pot - turned out he only had one queen and figured his boat was good. How I was wishing he had pocket Qs...
Old 10-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #27
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

BTW, this is why I won't leave Party...

***** Hand History for Game 2854001295 *****
$2/$4 Texas Hold'em - Sunday, October 09, 23:31:32 EDT 2005
Table Bad Beat Jackpot #1071836 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Tigpig ( $10 )
Seat 5: collie_dawg ( $107 )
Seat 6: tweetyboid ( $136.50 )
Seat 8: BangNine ( $99 )
Seat 10: foolish_wax ( $119 )
Seat 4: coachg04 ( $90 )
Seat 9: Cinderlike ( $39.50 )
Seat 1: MMAC36 ( $128.50 )
Seat 7: bobsf2001 ( $92 )
Seat 3: diehardmick ( $98 )
tweetyboid posts small blind [$1].
bobsf2001 posts big blind [$2].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to coachg04 [ 7h 7c ]
BangNine folds.
Cinderlike calls [$2].
foolish_wax raises [$4].
MMAC36 calls [$4].
Tigpig folds.
diehardmick calls [$4].
coachg04 calls [$4].
collie_dawg calls [$4].
tweetyboid calls [$3].
bobsf2001 calls [$2].
Cinderlike calls [$2].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, 7s, 5s ]
tweetyboid checks.
bobsf2001 checks.
Cinderlike checks.
foolish_wax bets [$2].
MMAC36 calls [$2].
diehardmick folds.
coachg04 calls [$2].
collie_dawg raises [$4].
tweetyboid calls [$4].
bobsf2001 folds.
Cinderlike calls [$4].
foolish_wax raises [$4].
MMAC36 folds.
coachg04 raises [$6].
collie_dawg calls [$4].
tweetyboid calls [$4].
Cinderlike calls [$4].
foolish_wax calls [$2].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ac ]
tweetyboid checks.
Cinderlike checks.
foolish_wax bets [$4].
coachg04 raises [$8].
collie_dawg calls [$8].
tweetyboid folds.
Cinderlike calls [$8].
foolish_wax calls [$4].
** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
Cinderlike checks.
foolish_wax checks.
coachg04 bets [$4].
collie_dawg calls [$4].
Cinderlike calls [$4].
foolish_wax calls [$4].
coachg04 shows [ 7h, 7c ] a full house, Sevens full of fives.
collie_dawg doesn't show [ 6d, 7d ] two pairs, sevens and fives.
Cinderlike doesn't show [ Ah, 8h ] two pairs, aces and fives.
foolish_wax shows [ Qs, As ] two pairs, aces and fives.
coachg04 wins $118.50 from the main pot with a full house, Sevens full of fives.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:55 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Hah, nice pot.

I just withdrew what little I had left in party, not even enough to play a full round of 8 SNGs like I'm trying to do now. If leaving my account dormant for 60 days will get me rakeback there then i'm more than willing to do that.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #29
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

so how do you know if you get rakeback? i never played on Party but may have to now.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #30
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chubby, the rakeback arrangement arises when you sign up with a poker site through one of their affiliates. The affiliate gets a cut of your rake in exchange for signing you up, and some of them work out a deal where they pass it back to you in order to get you to sign up through them. If you sign up directly with a site like Party, without referencing a particular affiliate when you sign up, you aren't part of it.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #31
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

copied from 2+2:
Quote:
PartyPoker.com does not permit affiliates to promote rakeback (or any other discount schemes) to players. There are rumours that we are offering / endorsing rake back to affiliates. These are false claims and we are taking action against anyone who claims to have "special deals" with us.

If you are in touch with 'high-volume' players seeking incentives, you may let them know that there are multiple special offers for players running on the site right now. Please request your players to log in to their PartyPoker.com accounts and see what offer(s) are available to them. (If they have not received anything yet, they may write to [email protected]).

We now have a team that services the needs of high volume players. Please let us know if you are in touch with any such players and I will be happy to introduce them to this team.

We would love to work with you to get new players and increased revenues on PartyPoker.com.

Which is interesting because I just recieved an email from an affliate who has been nothing but good to me offering a "player reward system" which appears to be exactly like rakeback only not called rakeback. I'm sending off an email inquiring why this affiliate thinks this system will fly. If things look good I'll keep people posted though I suspect that a decent ammount of you are also using this affiliate. BTW, I was finishing off my last empire reload last night and the tables weren't actually all that bad. Not as many but still several good tables, at least at $2/4. If it's party with no rakeback or skins with rakeback it will be a tough call for me at least.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 04:54 PM   #32
Malificent
High School JV

Yes, please keep us in the loop. I have no rakeback at Party and would eventually like to set up something up, so knowing the details would be excellent.
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:35 PM   #33
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Ok good news bad news. My affiate claims this "rewards system" is for real but at a pretty low percent(20% for a MGR less than $2,000) and only for new players. I'm still not sold though so I'm going to wait for verification from others that this is working before I signup(maybe early next week). Once I signup I'll let everyone know if everything works out.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:22 AM   #34
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

bump. Just in case anyone was waiting for more information, both of the offers I got were off the table when I checked my email monday. From reading 2+2 it appears that some affiliates have had their account blocked over this. I'm waiting to hear for a couple more affiliates but no good news to report yet. If I ever get an offer and sign up I'll let everyone know.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #35
Subby
lolzcat

I have a problem since I have deposited to my existing party account with both Neteller and Firepay. Apparently if you create a new account they will expressly forbid you from using previous payment methods. That doesn't leave a lot of options...especially if you want to keep your checking account out of the mix.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #36
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have had four affiliates contact me about getting PP rake-back. Anyway, a guy I talked to offered 20% plus an additional 3% if I go over 3k in rake. It seemed like a pretty good deal. He talked about being more concerned about security than get an actual number players. But then, a reliable rack-back affiliate offered me better percentages for less rake. If I can get $2k in rake they will give me 25%. The trick here is that deposits are made directly into your poker account, which I thought was odd.

Are these numbers consist with what others are hearing?
Old 11-08-2005, 11:37 AM   #37
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

I don't think that's too strange. All the (now recinded) offers I got were going to deposit money directly into my account. Party allows person to person transfers for free so why not? I'm getting my rakeback from eurobet put directly into my eurobet account.