Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

ACC/Big Ten Challenge

It actually started last night with Ohio State beating Va Tech. Five games are scheduled with the big one nationally being Illinois going to Chapel Hill to face the Tar Heels. Good test for the young Tar Heels. Of course I will be switching back and forth watching the Hurricanes take on Michigan. Need a bouce back game after getting worn down against Temple.

miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 05:27 PM   #2
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Carolina by 8. Hansbrough puts up 25 and 12.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is Purdue even moderately decent? Because FSU isn't, and they're up by 28 with a minute to go in the 1st half.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:23 PM   #4
Ksyrup

Excuse me. 35 at half.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-29-2005, 08:31 PM   #5
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Excuse me. 35 at half.

I don't know how good Purdue is but I really liked Hamilton during his time at UM. Solid coach
Old 11-29-2005, 08:33 PM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

Purdue was pretty bad last year, and I think pre-season they're rated one of the worst teams in the Big Ten.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
Ksyrup

Yeah, we were stoked to get him here, but last year was really disappointing. Hopefully he can get them back to respectability at least. A few trips to the tournament, even if they get bounced in 1 or 2 rounds, would be great.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #8
miami_fan
Coordinator

Some advice for Dee Brown: You are at your very best going to the glass. Stop shooting threes!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #9
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I am just happy Penn State kept it respectable against Clemson.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:38 PM   #10
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Uh oh.
The announcers on the Terps game (on ESPN2) just said that some of the Terps are recovering from what is believed to be food poisoning.

We've got some good depth this season, and none of the issues we had last season with the team cancer named John Gilchrest, but we don't need our guys to be sick in this.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #11
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Yeah, well the Gophers have seven guys for tonights game. And no Vincent Grier.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:00 PM   #12
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

There's a lot of time left, I know, but the Terps are SUCKING right now.
Must be because I'm no longer a student so can't easily get tickets and it must thusly be because I'm not there.

/tk
Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #13
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
We've got some good depth this season, and none of the issues we had last season with the team cancer named John Gilchrest, but we don't need our guys to be sick in this.

I think we need you to be sick in this.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #14
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

So, I turned the tv off of ESPN2 during halftime of the Terps-Gophers game and sort of forgot to check to see when halftime was over.

I turn it back to ESPN2 to see the Terps had gone on a 10-0 run and that Minnesota's coach got a technical!!!! :o

That's it, I'm not watching anymore of tonight's game, obviously they're doing better when I'm not tuning in.

/tk
Old 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #15
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I've been enjoying hearing the Izzone chant "little Dickey" throughout the MSU/Ga. Tech game
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #16
miami_fan
Coordinator

I have watched more of the MSU-GT game than the Terps game. For all that I have heard about Caner-Medley, I am not overly impressed. I may just be seeing his two worst games of the season the other being against Arkansas. Back to MSU-GT, I really like the improvement by Paul Davis over the last three years. His offensive game has really grown and I liked the way he got a bit "selfish" and just took over the game in the second half tonight.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #17
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
I have watched more of the MSU-GT game than the Terps game. For all that I have heard about Caner-Medley, I am not overly impressed. I may just be seeing his two worst games of the season the other being against Arkansas. Back to MSU-GT, I really like the improvement by Paul Davis over the last three years. His offensive game has really grown and I liked the way he got a bit "selfish" and just took over the game in the second half tonight.
Nik (Caner-Medley) is an alright player. I think he's a little over-hyped; everybody likes to harp on the fact that he was player of the year or whatever from Maine.

He's been sort of hit or miss this season, but tonight is back to his normal "hit" self, or at least he was during the first half (and was the only Terp really on his "A" game in the first half).

The thing about the squad this season (especially as compared to last season) is that they're playing well as a team (in general). With Gilchrest gone, the team seems to be having more fun out there...

/tk
Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 PM   #18
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Was the GT-MSU game as close as the score might suggest?

I bet it was a good game.

I missed the 2nd half of the Terps game (as I said, I shut it off since they were doing better when I wasn't watching, not that it matters, I know, but I've always been slightly superstitious in that respect), but saw that they pulled away nicely in the 2nd half.

Terps really need to stop starting slow...

/tk
Old 11-30-2005, 09:23 PM   #19
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

GT exceeded my expectations against MSU tonight. There's some talent there but it's just a really really inexperienced group, so hanging in til the buzzer against a pretty good Spartan team on the road has to be a good thing for them. They aren't likely to give the Duke's of the world much trouble, but this might help down the road in a tough game at Charlottesville, Raleigh, etc.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #20
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Woohoo! I've got $25 on a parlay of Duke(-5) and State(+6).

Old 11-30-2005, 10:38 PM   #21
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Old 11-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #22
tucker342
Pro Starter

Ugly win for Iowa, but I'll take it.

I was very pleased with the defense. Also, I was very pleased that we didn't panic when NC State went on that little run to go by 4. Seniors stepped up big time at the end of the game.

Good win
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 01:28 AM   #23
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Killingsworth can score 34 points, drain a three, and score the two points that gave IU their first lead. It's a shame he cant make a freethrow.

Was at the game, behind the basket next to the band. Place went crazy when we took the lead. Was a great game, but Redick just wouldn't miss at the end. Saw myself on sportscenter and my friend said i was on espn too

-Aes
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:48 AM   #24
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
Was the GT-MSU game as close as the score might suggest?

/tk

Yes it really was that close. They played really well. They really did not have an answer for Davis as I said before. The matchup between Killingworth and Davis is going to be fun to watch when Indiana plays Michigan State.

Aesyrqwe: Do you think Mike Davis has to make to the Sweet 16 to keep his job this year?
Old 12-01-2005, 09:05 AM   #25
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan
Yes it really was that close. They played really well. They really did not have an answer for Davis as I said before. The matchup between Killingworth and Davis is going to be fun to watch when Indiana plays Michigan State.

Aesyrqwe: Do you think Mike Davis has to make to the Sweet 16 to keep his job this year?

I dont think its a matter of saying he needs to get to the sweet sixteen, what he needs is for the team to play like they are a sweet sixteen team. So far, they are. I think it will be a very succusful, and Davis will be around for a while. I think Darrel Arthur is waiting to see that Davis will coach IU next year, before he commits
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:47 AM   #26
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think IU will be very tough when D.J. White comes back. I thought they played teh number one team in the nation very tough last night. It could've gone the other way if Killingsworth could hit free throws, but it's hard to complain about that when he dominated in every other facet of the game. Still sucks to lose to Duke. Hope we get some revenge (again) in the tourney this March.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 11:52 AM   #27
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker342
Ugly win for Iowa, but I'll take it.

I was very pleased with the defense. Also, I was very pleased that we didn't panic when NC State went on that little run to go by 4. Seniors stepped up big time at the end of the game.

Good win

That was, perhaps, the ugliest, least satisfying win I've ever seen. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to dropkick Henderson and Horner through the nearest window for the continuous "Hey, let's throw a pass to...nobody!!" Argh!

But as you said, a win's a win! Plus, this is the exact type of game Iowa normally loses, so just like you, it made me feel good that when I got that sick feeling in my stomach (I believe my exact quote was, "With the way they're playing, 4 points is like 40!!"), the team actually started to play better. I was amazed.

I still fear the usual Alford 1-3 or 2-5 start of the Big 10 season, though...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #28
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

As a State fan, I must say last night is generally par for the course. We win ugly, we lose uglier. Interestingly, there's been more optimism than I would have thought after such a loss on the State board I read, but more such losses will bring out the longknives again. Even so, most fans have given up ever hoping that there will be a change (either in offensive philosophy or in the coach which will lead to a change in offensive philosophy). Frankly, though, I'm sick and tired of it. We never look good at all whenever I get to see us play on TV. I'm not ready to have heads roll yet, but I think my patience is going to be much shorter this year than it has been.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:53 PM   #29
cody8200
High School Varsity

You should have heard Assembly Hall when IU took that lead...Davis called it "unfreaking believable!". It sure was. 5 years of live games at IU and I've never heard it that loud. Mike Krzyzewski said it was the loudest place he had ever heard in his career, except Cameron.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #30
Aesyrqwe
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200
You should have heard Assembly Hall when IU took that lead...Davis called it "unfreaking believable!". It sure was. 5 years of live games at IU and I've never heard it that loud. Mike Krzyzewski said it was the loudest place he had ever heard in his career, except Cameron.
Yeah like I said the place just went insane. I figured sitting next to the band would be loud, but after that dunk, I couldnt even hear the band playing.

Miami_fan, I've never really been a big Davis fan so I wouldn't mind him losing his job. Some of the decisions hes made in the past have gone against what i would have liked to see. I guess I'm just spoiled because I was able to see Knight coach IU. I don't see anywhere near as good a coach in Davis as Knight was.

-Aes
#8 Grossman
#33 Tillman
Aesyrqwe is offline   Reply With Quote