Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #451
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Great. Will be grabbing that shortly for the 360. Thanks for the heads up, mckerney.

Looks like you may have to wait, I'd seen Valve's announcement for it and thought it was out or coming out soon, but now saw this and it appears that Cold Stream is delayed a bit for 360.

Microsoft delays Left 4 Dead 2 DLC for Xbox – Malta Gamers
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #452
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
The Cold Stream DLC unlocks an entirely new campaign for single player and co-op (“Cold Stream”), four campaigns from the first Left 4 Dead (“Crash Course”, “Death Toll”, “Dead Air” and “Blood Harvest”), and gives free access to all Mutations. With so many long-awaited features fans are understandably furious at this discrepancy in treatment. Not only has Cold Stream been delayed indefinitely, but it will also be priced at 560pt ($7) while being completely free to download on Steam.

Furious? Really? I'm just happy there's going to be more stuff to play soon.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #453
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Do not underestimate the power of Nerd Rage.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #454
whomario
Pro Starter

Does anybody know of another editor for PCM12 than the "lacchi Editor" (which doesn´t work one bit for me=

Or can explain the official editor to me ? Every edited DB means the game crashes when starting a career ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-27-2012 at 01:37 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #455
mckerney
Coordinator

Castle Story launched a Kickstarter today and made their funding goal in about 5 hours, they're currently sitting at $100k. It looks very interesting as a lighter and more accessible Dwarf Fortress style game.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #456
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

WTF is Endless Space

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #457
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Orcs Must Die 2!!

This is a game I almost feel guilty paying full price for. I'd pay so much more than $15. Loved the first one.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #458
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Anybody interested in splitting a two pack for Orcs Must Die 2? Be $12.50 a piece. Posted elsewhere so whoever bites first..

Steam Community :: ID :: CancerStick

Found a partner

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #459
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Orcs Must Die 2!!

This is a game I almost feel guilty paying full price for. I'd pay so much more than $15. Loved the first one.

This! I've only played three levels so far and I'm already drowning in awesomeness.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #460
mckerney
Coordinator

It's official: SWTOR is going free-to-play | Massively

Just a matter of time I suppose.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-31-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #461
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just picked up Darksiders due to Darksiders 2 coming out in a couple of weeks.

What an excellent game!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #462
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Looks like I'll be picking up this one..

Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #463
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Stunning really. Once WoW goes F2P and I think it does when it hits 100 levels, I just don't see MMOs being sub based ever again.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #464
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Stunning really. Once WoW goes F2P and I think it does when it hits 100 levels, I just don't see MMOs being sub based ever again.

I still can't believe that EA thought it would be a good idea to put $200+ million into the development of an MMO when they did. It really wasn't a time when MMOs other than WoW were doing well, and even WoW was falling off a bit. I don't see how they thought they'd get a good return on that investment. I'm even more surprised that from what I had read TOR was missing basic features for an MMO at launch.

I still think there's room for MMOs that are mostly subscription based, but I can't see them being wildly successful or worth putting huge dollar amounts into development.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-31-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #465
Mota
College Benchwarmer

It's hard to go back. As a new game it's tough for them to implement everything that we're used to having in our modern MMO's, comparing to WoW and the size of the Blizzard staff and how many years they've been working on the game.

I jumped into SWTOR and wanted to do some of these flashpoints and experience the full game, but when there wasn't any LFG tool and I was forced to use Everquest 1 type channel spamming, it was one indication that the game wasn't for me.

And no that's not the only reason, but it is indicative of the game working much better as a single player story-based game and the actual MMO aspects of it falling far short.

I went back to Rift and while it didn't have a major license behind it, the actual MMO part (PvP, grouping, etc) is far superior in my opinion. I'm sure that SWTOR will add a lot of the features that we're used to having, but it was too late for me at least.

Last edited by Mota : 07-31-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: clarity
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #466
mckerney
Coordinator

Natural Selection 2 looks very interesting, will have to keep an eye on it.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #467
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The PES 2013 demo is fantastic.. there is a bit of slowdowns on the x360 version, but I'm assuming that will be cleaned up by the December release.

I can't get into FIFA, but PES 2013 has been really fun as far as gameplay goes.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #468
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
The PES 2013 demo is fantastic.. there is a bit of slowdowns on the x360 version, but I'm assuming that will be cleaned up by the December release.

I can't get into FIFA, but PES 2013 has been really fun as far as gameplay goes.

I thought last year's version of FIFA was great, but I'm equal-opportunity so I'll check out the PES demo.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #469
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Rumors of an Endless Space patch coming out this week!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #470
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I thought last year's version of FIFA was great, but I'm equal-opportunity so I'll check out the PES demo.

Let me know what you think.. I'm having lots of fun.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #471
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

BGG had a list of best war games from 2011 and listed Total War: Shogun 2 for the best PC game. Decided to check it out as it looked insanely epic, but I wasn't sure if the game play would be too much for my crappy RTS playing self. I grabbed the demo from Steam. Graphics push my system just enough to where some better hardware would be nice. Definitely put it on my wishlist as someday I'll break down and get it.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #472
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I played the PC version of the PES demo, it does seem better than the last few years. I like how shooting feels. FIFA might not be such an automatic choice this year (although part of the problem is that I only like playing these games vs. other humans and more people I know will wind up getting FIFA instead of PES).

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #473
mckerney
Coordinator

The end of the beginning | DAYZ

Day Z is going to be developed as a standalone game with the creator joining up with ARMA developer Bohemia Interactive.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #474
mckerney
Coordinator

Was thinking of picking up Hero Academy today, but the release was pushed back a week.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #475
Grover
Pro Starter

EA Sues Zynga for their Copycat of The Sims Social

Zynga deserves this.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #476
spleen1015
Coordinator

This looks interesting.

Legends of Pegasus
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #477
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This looks interesting.

Legends of Pegasus

Oh boy.. very interesting.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #478
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Ugh. Must have forgotten my Origin password because it isn't working, nor are any of the other combo's I assumed it to be. Clicked to have a password reset emailed to me and still haven't received it an hour later.

Not the end of the world obviously, but I should be able to play god damn FIFA 2012 single player.

/firstworldproblems
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #479
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Reminder for anyone still playing the Wii, one of the last great games for it will be out within the week in The Last Story (jRPG)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #480
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Space, nice patch released.. don't think it's up on Steam yet.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #481
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Let me know what you think.. I'm having lots of fun.

Need to play more with it - the different controls from FIFA are understandably confusing...LOL
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #482
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Need to play more with it - the different controls from FIFA are understandably confusing...LOL

I didn't play FIFA all that much, so PES seems normal to me.. lol
Old 08-10-2012, 03:10 AM   #483
whomario
Pro Starter

Hope PES is good again, allways prefered it to FIFA since the career mode and playing against the CPU actually was fun (up until a few years ago at least). It wasn´t a realistic manager/career mode, but it was fun and i´ll take a fantasy-type mode that is logical within tself over FIFA´s bugged version of reality any time.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #484
mckerney
Coordinator

From the look of it PES doesn't release a digital download version, or on PC in the US.

The good news is Hero Academy is being released tomorrow now.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #485
mckerney
Coordinator

Paradox has announced that "Project Truman" is Europa Universalis 4.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #486
mckerney
Coordinator

News: Paradox reveals Europa Universalis IV for Q3 2013 - Strategy Informer

Quote:
- Take your own decisions: Nation building is flexible: decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
- Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your spread of choices is influence by the caliber of the man you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
- Experience history coming to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, with unique different flavor depending on the country you play. Have more than a thousand historical leaders and over 4000 historical Monarchs at your disposal.
- The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay in a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
- Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
- Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay, with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Introducing unilateral opinions, a country may dislike you, but you can be neutral towards them.
- Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation for up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking server andsupport for a standalone server.
- Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #487
mckerney
Coordinator

Launch trailer for Sleeping Dogs with release in 4 days. I was happy to read that the PC version is well done, including HD texture pack on release.

Last edited by mckerney : 08-10-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:01 PM   #488
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Goddamn I'm getting tired of waiting for Torchlight II.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #489
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Goddamn I'm getting tired of waiting for Torchlight II.

Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #490
mckerney
Coordinator

I am as well, especially since Diablo 3 failed to hold my interest/was usually unplayable due to lag (for a fucking single player game )
Old 08-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #491
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 08-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #492
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This looks interesting.

Legends of Pegasus

Kalypso sent me a review copy of that last night. I'm still trying to figure out wtf I'm doing.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #493
mckerney
Coordinator

Counter Strike: Global Offensive is out, so now Counter Strike is 3 of the top 6 played games on Steam.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:53 AM   #494
bhlloy
Coordinator

So far I have to say I'm hooked on Sleeping Dogs, feels like a much more gritty GTA but I'd be hard pushed to find any place they didn't knock it out of the park. Driving feels good (and difficult at speed), love the split RPG elements and the fact that you can't destroy everything in your path or you will get knocked for it at the end of the mission, missions are solid, story is great... best part is the combat. A ton of fun, very strategic and the interaction with the environment means you are rewarded for moving around and planning out how you are going to take on a big group.

I guess from reading reviews it's not quite as epic or as big a map as GTA, but in terms of game experience it's a huge step up. Could easily be one of my top 5 console games ever, at least to the point where I am in the game.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:45 AM   #495
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So far I have to say I'm hooked on Sleeping Dogs, feels like a much more gritty GTA but I'd be hard pushed to find any place they didn't knock it out of the park. Driving feels good (and difficult at speed), love the split RPG elements and the fact that you can't destroy everything in your path or you will get knocked for it at the end of the mission, missions are solid, story is great... best part is the combat. A ton of fun, very strategic and the interaction with the environment means you are rewarded for moving around and planning out how you are going to take on a big group.

I guess from reading reviews it's not quite as epic or as big a map as GTA, but in terms of game experience it's a huge step up. Could easily be one of my top 5 console games ever, at least to the point where I am in the game.

I really enjoyed it too. The story was good and it was a great atmosphere for a GTA style game. It doesn't do anything new or revolutionary in the genre except for maybe it's focus on hand to hand combat rather than gun play but it's really solid at everything it does. The radio stations were a bit disappointing compared to games like GTA or Saints Row, though I thought the voice acting was very well done. The way they did the friends leaderboard was a nice touch too.

On another note, the PC version was really well done. It had HD textures on launch with good video options, and a big thing for me was seamless switching between using a gamepad and keyboard which I like to do for this sort of game when going from driving to on foot.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #496
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm not sure about that, the combat interaction with surroundings is pretty revolutionary I thought. Other than that, yeah it's mostly just a spiritual GTA successor.

Agreed on the radio stations, they suck... however you are supposed to be in Hong Kong so I guess they sacrificed what would sound good to an American market for realism. And now I know that Hong Kong radio sucks
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #497
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The new screenshots from GTA V are stunning.

News: GTA 5: Third new batch of screenshots capture police chase - ComputerAndVideoGames.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #498
Atocep
Coordinator

Thumbs up on Dark Souls PC. It's not the best looking game out there (although it looks like the mod to fix that is progressing nicely), but it feels exactly like the console version. It's obviously not a game that's for everyone, but if you're on the fence about picking it up it definitely feels like Dark Souls.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #499
mckerney
Coordinator

GameSpy: Borderlands 2 PC Menu Screenshots: A Good PC Version in a Storm of Bad Ports? - Page 1

Very good to see from the Borderlands 2 options menu, especially after the FOV in the original was such a pain to deal with.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #500
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Thumbs up on Dark Souls PC. It's not the best looking game out there (although it looks like the mod to fix that is progressing nicely), but it feels exactly like the console version. It's obviously not a game that's for everyone, but if you're on the fence about picking it up it definitely feels like Dark Souls.

I've played a few hours and love the gameplay even though I'm completely terrible at it so far. The graphics out of the box are terrible, but the graphics fix does indeed make things a lot better.

DSfix 0.3 | metaclassofnilblog