Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #451
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Now we're getting somewhere...

EANCAAFootball EA NCAA Football
Finally, the effectiveness of the CPU jumping the snap when adjustments were set to aggressive have been tuned down.

51 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Player progression was also tuned to decrease the overall quickness in which players will progress.

This will prevent coaches from becoming “elite” too quickly and easily.

For the tuner pack we have tuned the speed at which coaches in dynasty will achieve both an A rating as well as an A+ rating.

As some of you have already seen, we just released a tuner pack on the XBOX 360 and PS3...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:54 PM   #452
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With everything the patch and tuner reportedly fixed, I can't wait to play this game again.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #453
Ksyrup

No huddle is somewhat broken, I read. And so are custom playbooks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #454
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Custom play books reportedly work if you recreate them from scratch. No huddle only gives a limited number of plays, and is partially broken. I can still enjoy the game despite that issue.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #455
Kodos
Resident Alien

But is your Xbox live working?

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=82246

Last edited by Kodos : 09-09-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #456
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I will test out a game Sunday evening if anyone from here is available.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #457
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Got the patch, started my Mizzou dynasty and beat Miami (OH) 21-17, was a great game.

Going to be a busy football season with Madden and NCAA.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #458
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I will test out a game Sunday evening if anyone from here is available.

I can probably play if the Sunday Night game isn't a good matchup.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #459
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I can probably play if the Sunday Night game isn't a good matchup.

Sounds good. Alternatively, I am up for a game after that game as I am on call and will be up late anyway.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #460
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Just got this from Goozex today. Guess the guy got tired of it just before the patch dropped, sweet.

D'loaded Luvtotha9's roster and plugged in the 60\100 sliders with 100 speed threshold (I know 100 looks dumb but it works well in Madden and also in my first NCAA game) I've been using in Madden and did a play now game, me Iowa vs UCLA. 5 minute qtrs and I lost on the last play of the game 23-21. Great game and stats looked very good.

My biggest problem (I play as DE with no switching) was staying on my feet to pass rush. Any hints from those that have been playing? Is it a timing thing on when to go to the right stick to make a move?

Last edited by Sweed : 09-09-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #461
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Downloading the xbox patch now.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #462
thesloppy
Pro Starter

So, if gameplay issues are being fixed, should I change my sliders back to defaults?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #463
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
So, if gameplay issues are being fixed, should I change my sliders back to defaults?

Historically each patch and/or tuner set will require a new set of sliders as the game will change enough that you will want to re-evaluate where you set each slider.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #464
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

My biggest problem (I play as DE with no switching) was staying on my feet to pass rush. Any hints from those that have been playing? Is it a timing thing on when to go to the right stick to make a move?

Yes, and I think I just figured this out in the game I just played. You need to hit it early enough otherwise the offensive lineman will put you on your face every time. Also for some reason I can time the inside move really nicely, but if I try to go around the edge even with a 94 rated DE I end up getting pushed down every time.

I can usually get at least 1 user controlled sack with an end every game which seems about right to me, now if I could just stop my DT's getting 4-5 every game and maintain realistic stats for my stud DE's that would be great.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #465
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Yes, and I think I just figured this out in the game I just played. You need to hit it early enough otherwise the offensive lineman will put you on your face every time. Also for some reason I can time the inside move really nicely, but if I try to go around the edge even with a 94 rated DE I end up getting pushed down every time.

I can usually get at least 1 user controlled sack with an end every game which seems about right to me, now if I could just stop my DT's getting 4-5 every game and maintain realistic stats for my stud DE's that would be great.

I don't know why but the guards and centers are especially horrid pass blockers in this game. If you have a halfway decent DT, by 5 seconds any guard or center will lose a one on one matchup against a DT, usually allowing the DT to attack the QB at full speed.

Last edited by Tigercat : 09-09-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #466
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm kind of glad I don't really know enough about football to notice the things most people do that makes the game annoying for them. The bad thing is, EA probably needs more people like you all testing and fewer people like me.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:25 PM   #467
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I can't for the life of me get the patch to correct the player tendencies.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #468
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
I don't know why but the guards and centers are especially horrid pass blockers in this game. If you have a halfway decent DT, by 5 seconds any guard or center will lose a one on one matchup against a DT, usually allowing the DT to attack the QB at full speed.

I'd be interested to know if it's that, or the fact that most DT's have superior strength and pass rush strength, and that's just way more effective in-game than a speed rusher is. Certainly seems like speed rushers are not at all effective like in real life. If I had the patience, I'd set up a test and move some DT's to end and see if they overpower the tackles like they do when they play inside. Maybe one day.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 PM   #469
SegRat
High School Varsity

I was patiently waiting for the patch. Figured as long as it is released by about the start of football season and had the bugs worked out, I would be happy. So to ight, loaded up the patch and tuner set, and the damn game freezes. Now I am not happy at all.

One other thing, I tried quick subbing my starting running back, and it would not let me put my backup in. I tried twice, same results. That better not be broke.

Last edited by SegRat : 09-09-2011 at 11:44 PM.
SegRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #470
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I can't for the life of me get the patch to correct the player tendencies.

Here is what I did, apparently I didn't do it right the first time because Franklin was listed as "Balanced" as well as Robinson. Looks correct now..

1. Download rosters from locker (I use FAIRDALE KINGS - or whatever one you want to use.)

2. Delete patch (NOTE: you do so by going into your game in your hard drive memory and delete the title #2 update .

3. Go into game without downloading the patch.

4. Save previously downloaded rosters as a new file with a new name (I named them "rosters"). Delete the "FAIRDALEKINGS" file.

5. Exit and quit game.

6. Download patch and the roster tendencies will now work. Check by looking at Denard Robinson of Michigan and go into "edit" and see if he's listed as a "scrambler". Do this from within you dynasty.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #471
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Finally loaded up the patch, and started my first dynasty in years. Froze up during the first game.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #472
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post

I noticed this as well. I only was able to get one game in last night, because I spent so much time trying to figure how to get the rosters to be fixed and failed. In the game I played my RB on run plays was constantly having to make the DT miss or bounce outside to avoid the DT. The DT also got a ton of pressure by just throwing my C or G to the side. I am on default All-American, overall I liked the gameplay a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Here is what I did, apparently I didn't do it right the first time because Franklin was listed as "Balanced" as well as Robinson. Looks correct now..

1. Download rosters from locker (I use FAIRDALE KINGS - or whatever one you want to use.)

2. Delete patch (NOTE: you do so by going into your game in your hard drive memory and delete the title #2 update .

3. Go into game without downloading the patch.

4. Save previously downloaded rosters as a new file with a new name (I named them "rosters"). Delete the "FAIRDALEKINGS" file.

5. Exit and quit game.

6. Download patch and the roster tendencies will now work. Check by looking at Denard Robinson of Michigan and go into "edit" and see if he's listed as a "scrambler". Do this from within you dynasty.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 PM   #473
Ksyrup

This game is a total piece of shit. I've just froze 3 straight times trying to go into the formation subs screen.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #474
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This game is a total piece of shit. I've just froze 3 straight times trying to go into the formation subs screen.

I have x360 version loaded to the HD and (knock on wood) have never had a freeze.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #475
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I have a 360. I downloaded the patch and then followed the procedures for getting the rosters right. That worked. Then I mad a custom playbook, and it's worked very well. And I haven't noticed an issue with audibles at all. Basically patch 2 didn't make this game playable. It made it incredible. I am having a blast with this game.

That said, I have a question about which team I should be in dynasty. I was going to pick USF in part because of the cool green jerseys and in part in honor of Lee Roy Selmon. But I think they may be a little too good to start with. Anyone know of another team with cool jerseys? especially green ones. I may start with USF anyway, but I'd like to look at options.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #476
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Anyone know of another team with cool jerseys? especially green ones. I may start with USF anyway, but I'd like to look at options.

I started with North Texas.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #477
Ksyrup

There seems to be too much offense post-patch. The game is undeniably smoother, but the game feels like back-and-forth arena ball and hardly any defense. Pre-patch, I actually had a 10-7 game. Now, if it's 10-7 at the end of the 1st quarter it's been a slow game.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #478
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

NCAA Series is great and all but I really think it's time for a break from the console football games.

EA has a hard time getting the little things right, while it looks great - the gameplay has a lot to be desired.

Note: I've purchased every NCAA Game, going back to Bill Walsh's version on genesis. I feel it's time for a break from this series, as it seems EA is going backwards with it.

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 09-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #479
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
There seems to be too much offense post-patch. The game is undeniably smoother, but the game feels like back-and-forth arena ball and hardly any defense. Pre-patch, I actually had a 10-7 game. Now, if it's 10-7 at the end of the 1st quarter it's been a slow game.

I had a 13-3 game Post Patch on default All-American with Toledo against Bowling Green.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #480
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Basically patch 2 didn't make this game playable. It made it incredible. I am having a blast with this game.

Holy divergent opinions, Batman!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:38 PM   #481
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm using a set of sliders that I like, though they were made for Heisman, I'm finding them a lot more tolerable on All-American. I've seen some freezing post-patch, but I didn't know whether to attribute it to the patch or not. And never in-game, only at random times when I'm transitioning between seasons. But then, I sim a lot and play little. So that might be why...but I like them because the players seem to cease with all of the "magic" I used to see in the original set of sliders or when I went to some other one out there. I think it's an acquired taste thing, probably.

SECElite's 2012 Heisman Slider Set Enjoy! - Operation Sports Forums

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-11-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #482
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Holy divergent opinions, Batman!

The gameplay is pretty nice. But if I have to cross my fingers every time I do something that it won't end up frozen, that sucks. I've had mor freezes with this game in a few weeks of playing than I've had on all other games I or my kids have played since we got a 360 combined.

One of the reasons I got this game was the coaching carousel, but the thing I don't like about the way they do it is you don't know what positions you are up for until they come up. So, let's say my contract is up as OC at FSU and I'm looking for a HC job. The game puts up a job at a time that it resolves until all jobs are finished. Well, if the FSU OC job comes up, I've got to make a decision whether to re-up or decline it and hope for something better, But I may not be up for a HC job at all, or one that I want, and I might end up having to take an OC job at another school. It's really stupid. You're making a decision on what job to take without knowing what jobs are available or if you are a candidate for them, So that sucks. I just went from OC of FSU to HC of Arkansas State because I was out of other options.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #483
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Perhaps I've been lucky. We'll see if the freezes come up. But the game plays very smoothly. I never had last year's NCAA, but loved 10. This is better.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #484
Ksyrup

I thought 09 was good, 10 was crap, and last year was great. I played 15+ years in a dynasty. Worse-case, I can always go back to 11.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #485
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've noticed with custom conferences, that you really shouldn't have 4-team leagues. Some team in those leagues will inevitably schedule 5 games against FCS teams/creampuffs and then they end up Top 10 teams as a result. The game doesn't really handle them well, so it seems that you need to just almost keep the conferences balanced out to ensure that doesn't happen.

In my current offline dynasty, I've got some superconferences, but I think I'm going to break them up and balance things out so that I don't see my bottom feeders atop the standings because I keep those teams in crappy leagues precisely because I don't want to see them.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #486
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I had a 13-3 game Post Patch on default All-American with Toledo against Bowling Green.

I had a 13-7 win with USC over Minnesota. I am using only slight sliders to decrease QB accuracy from default all American and a few other minor adjustments.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #487
Ksyrup

I'm going to need to spend some time messing with sliders before I can really start playing, which sucks. I've noticed that the sliders subforum over at OS isn't very active. I think a lot of people are fed up with the game. Usually I piggyback on what others have done, but there isn't much testing going on since the patch. I think a lot of people have moved on.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM   #488
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Only a one game sample but I tried these sliders with the new patch and had a good game. *** SN's All American Sliders *** - Operation Sports Forums

Here is a copy of my post in that thread after playing the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
FWIW and before this gets locked I tried these post patch and had a very good game. I played as Iowa vs Alabama at Iowa City. Been testing different sliders with this match up and have always done way to good as my Hawkeyes. I just lost using the sliders in post 1 34-3 and have never been so happy with a loss.

My only adjustment will be to try Human run blocking at 25 or 30 as Coker could only manage 30 Yds on 19 carries and as team I had -7 yds rushing for the game (due to sacks).

Alabama Crimson Tide at Iowa Hawkeyes
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Alabama Crimson Tide ()0328334
Iowa Hawkeyes ()00033
Team Stats Comparison
ALAIOWA
Total Offense402154
Rushing Yards149-7
Passing Yards253161
First Downs1613
Punt Return Yards385
Kick Return Yards24158
Total Yards464317
Turnovers12
3rd Down Converstion7-144-13
4th Down Conversion1-20
2-Point Conversion00
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-10-1
Penalties7-503-15
Posession Time20:5519:55

Will be trying these for a few more games to see how they hold up.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:51 PM   #489
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Holy smokes.. just had an excellent game vs ASU. Beat them 31-28 and it was one hell of a fun game.

I'm seeing many new animations this year and post patch, I'm liking it quite a bit.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #490
SegRat
High School Varsity

Someone on the easports forum said he deleted everything to do with NCAA and started over. He said the no huddle now works. I am curious as to if it would fix coaching carousel would be fixed also? Coaching carousel is the big reason I went with 12 this year. I guess I will have to try this tomorrow night and see if it works.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #491
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This game is a lot of fun for me now. Just had a classic game between USC and Utah. Best balance of offense and defense that I can remember in many years.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #492
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This game is a lot of fun for me now. Just had a classic game between USC and Utah. Best balance of offense and defense that I can remember in many years.

Just lost to OU, 36-20 but I was down 30-0 at halftime.

When all is said and done, for me NCAA 12 > Madden 12 and with NHL 12, I just don't have the time for 2 football games.

I'm going to trade Madden in on BF 3 as NCAA is going to get a TON of playing time again this year.

Like you said EF, the balance in this game is excellent.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-15-2011 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #493
Ksyrup

On the flipside, I'm having a hard time finding my comfort zone with this game. Have yet to find a set of sliders that makes the game challenging and fun at the same time. I can get competitive games, but then I end up with QBs who complete 30% of their passes and throw a ton of picks. If I bump a couple of things just a little, scoring soars and the game gets too easy. I'm spending too much time trying to make it work and no time playing out a dynasty. I'm going to give it another shot tonight at trying to find the right combination.

I'm working off of SECElite's AA slider set, BTW. Although like many over there, I notice that even he's given up on playing with the patch, so there's no coordinated effort to find a good slider set post-patch. And I also see I'm not the only one struggling, which I guess makes me feel better about how much I suck at this game right now:

Seriousl question, with this slider set, does anyone have a better than 55% completion PCTG? I really am not seeing it, or how it is even possible.

Quote:
I don't know if it's just me, but since the patch I can't pass for ****, the DB's are either jumping all my routes, or the LB's are knocking down passes they have no business touching(Ok, so that much is still the same). Combine that with WR's being by far the dumbest players on the field and I don't know anyone can Pass above, say 60%. I've had to tweak the sliders to account for all this, maybe I just suck now, lol.

The LB thing really annoys me. In previous editions of the game, when I could complete a fair number of passes without much difficulty, the Super LB thing worked as a balance for me - I accepted it because it kept me from running up insane numbers. Now that I can't complete even 50% of my passes, the LB thing is pulling me down below 40%. I hate throwing a deep middle pass and having a guy 7 yards off the LOS knocking it down. It infuriates me.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-16-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:52 AM   #494
Ksyrup

Also - I'm not seeing many fumbles at all.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #495
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree the fumbles numbers are low. I only see about 1 per game. As far as the middle of the field, I've bumped up QB accuracy for the CPU to have them hit the middle of the field a good bit and complete around 55-60% of their passes which is acceptable to me for the teams I've played so far (but about to play Stanford who is our biggest challenge of the year.) I've found it possible for me to work the middle of the field with a nice mixture between a floater and a bullet, although I sometimes mess up and float it too much. I'm working the deep middle of the field the most when I call plays that set it up, such as my WR's going deep on either side and the TE working the deep middle of the field. The biggest challenge is the pass rush which can be ferocious and mess up those plays at times. I can't wait to play that Stanford game sometime this weekend.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #496
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

OU had 2 fumbles last game and I had 1, but I would agree they are on the low side.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #497
Ksyrup

What slider settings are you guys using? Maybe I need to try something completely different.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #498
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What slider settings are you guys using? Maybe I need to try something completely different.

I use AA defaults.. yes CPU rushing is on the low side, but so is mine.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #499
Ksyrup

Hmmm. Maybe I've just been overthinking it this whole time.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #500
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree the fumbles numbers are low. I only see about 1 per game. As far as the middle of the field, I've bumped up QB accuracy for the CPU to have them hit the middle of the field a good bit and complete around 55-60% of their passes which is acceptable to me for the teams I've played so far (but about to play Stanford who is our biggest challenge of the year.) I've found it possible for me to work the middle of the field with a nice mixture between a floater and a bullet, although I sometimes mess up and float it too much. I'm working the deep middle of the field the most when I call plays that set it up, such as my WR's going deep on either side and the TE working the deep middle of the field. The biggest challenge is the pass rush which can be ferocious and mess up those plays at times. I can't wait to play that Stanford game sometime this weekend.

I agree with Ksyrup and whoever I was arguing with earlier in the thread (sorry)... it's either very challenging and complete 30% of passes or knock the sliders down be able to pass for 550 yards with ease by doing what you describe above (setting up the middle of the field)

It's all well and good saying you are going to try and play the game realistically but when you are behind and you really want to win the game, it's either verticals to WR3 or the other verticals play to the TE 3 times and I know I can't be stopped. Game 1 vs Hawaii in my year 2 dynasty I should have lost but they kept blitzing at least one safety late in the game rather than sitting back in zone and I think Barkley had 300 yards passing in the 4th quarter. Now I'm not sure I want to go back to that dynasty because it feels tainted

It's kind of crazy that it's a million times easier to complete a 50 yard pass to a slow TE than a 7 yard out or crossing route, but hey.