Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM   #5001
TroyF
Coordinator

They need to walk Reynolds off the field right now. He's either being paid off or he's blind.

What a joke. At least they'll reverse this one.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 PM   #5002
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Good thing there are 6 umpires on the field to get these home run calls right.

what a joke.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #5003
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Its not going to matter if Hunter doesnt start getting the ball down in the zone.

Hes thrown meatballs to ARod, Cano, and Berkman already.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-19-2010 at 07:43 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM   #5004
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Its not going to matter if Hunter doesnt start getting the ball down in the zone.

Hes thrown meatballs to ARod, Cano, and Berkman already.

What matters is they get the calls right. If he keeps throwing meatballs, the Yankees will hit them out and win the game 12-0. Good for them. You win a game fair and square, you win it.

They TRIED to give the Yankees two runs that inning. The first one wasn't reviewed for some unknown reason. They probably wouldn't have overturned it anyway saying not enough evidence, which is bullshit. The fans arms were over the wall and hit the glove. Guess what, that's an out. It's actually a pretty simple rule.

The second one they at least looked at. The only good thing about these type of plays is that it will force MLB to get more replay in the game and fix the damned system. You have six umpires on the field and they blew two calls in about three minutes. That's comical.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #5005
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Could they call fan interference after reviewing it, or would they be limited to making sure the ball went over the fence? I don't think they could, since they are not allowed to review for the interference rule just boundary calls on the HR.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #5006
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
What matters is they get the calls right. If he keeps throwing meatballs, the Yankees will hit them out and win the game 12-0. Good for them. You win a game fair and square, you win it.

They TRIED to give the Yankees two runs that inning. The first one wasn't reviewed for some unknown reason. They probably wouldn't have overturned it anyway saying not enough evidence, which is bullshit. The fans arms were over the wall and hit the glove. Guess what, that's an out. It's actually a pretty simple rule.

The second one they at least looked at. The only good thing about these type of plays is that it will force MLB to get more replay in the game and fix the damned system. You have six umpires on the field and they blew two calls in about three minutes. That's comical.

As far as I know fan interference is a judgement call and cant be reviewed kind of like pass interference in the NFL.

I dunno that ball looked out to me and if its in the stands you cant call fan interference. Cruz's arm was wacked but it looked like it was after the ball was already in the stands.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-19-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #5007
Ksyrup

C'mon AJ being AJ!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #5008
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Will the real AJ Burnett please stand up.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:53 PM   #5009
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
As far as I know fan interference is a judgement call and cant be reviewed kind of like pass interference in the NFL.

I dunno that ball looked out to me and if its in the stands you cant call fan interference. Cruz's arm was wacked but it looked like it was after the ball was already in the stands.

I agree they couldn't review for that, and that the ball hit on the top of the wall and bounced over, but I think the fan interfered before the ball was out and he could have gotten his glove on it. But it's a moot point now. That kid reacted to the OFer like I imagine HA reacts to most posts on this board.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #5010
Ksyrup

I don't agree with sacrificing in a game that could be high scoring on both sides and against a pitcher that is prone to blow-ups. Why give him an automatic out this early in the game? You really think 2 runs is going to win it?
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #5011
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I agree they couldn't review for that, and that the ball hit on the top of the wall and bounced over, but I think the fan interfered before the ball was out and he could have gotten his glove on it. But it's a moot point now. That kid reacted to the OFer like I imagine HA reacts to most posts on this board.

That kid is your stereotypical douche bag Yankee fan. I began to be surrounded by them starting right around 1996, go figure.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #5012
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Haha

Yeah the more I think about it you are right. They kept him from getting to the ball while the other guy took a swipe at his arm. Im thinking that call is different in Texas.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #5013
Ksyrup

Yay-Rod!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #5014
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't agree with sacrificing in a game that could be high scoring on both sides and against a pitcher that is prone to blow-ups. Why give him an automatic out this early in the game? You really think 2 runs is going to win it?

I thought the same thing, not a great play. Especially the way the Rangers have put together big innings early in the series.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #5015
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I thought the same thing, not a great play. Especially the way the Rangers have put together big innings early in the series.

And especially because you're starting Moreland because of the platoon advantage against the RH pitcher. Then you have him bunt in the 3rd inning. Huh?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #5016
Ksyrup

Shoulda brought Lee back on 21 hours rest.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #5017
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Rangers better get the pen going.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #5018
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sac bunting is appropriate under so few conditions. And like almost never in the AL.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #5019
Ksyrup

But it's the playoffs! It's what smart managers do.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:40 PM   #5020
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Holy shit that was amazing - the park was as loud as I've ever seen it, and just an amazing atmosphere. IMO, Playoff baseball >> playoff football.

That was an amazing game to be at. Loved every minute of it. Such a great experience!
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #5021
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Dola, the Philly fan in our section had a "Rauuuuuuul" t-shirt. Utley, I get. Howard, I get. Even Werth, I get - but Raul Ibanez?

Philavania is home to a ton of shirts regarding Philly sports (can be found on Facebook). Really, and this comes from someone displaced from PA now, the most popular player on the team is Ruiz. Chooch embodies that team, to me.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 PM   #5022
Ksyrup

This game is playing out exactly as Girardi expected it to. Starting AJ is OK because he wouldn't need a great start to win this game if Hunter & the bullpen pitches as expected, so why "waste" CC on a game that was winnable with a lesser pitcher? Could still blow up in his face, but this has to be what he hoped/expected to happen.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #5023
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Holy shit that was amazing - the park was as loud as I've ever seen it, and just an amazing atmosphere. IMO, Playoff baseball >> playoff football.

Yes, and TV is why. Live football (ie NFL) isn't as much fun because there's too much standing around waiting, you know? I know that there's a ton of standing around waiting in baseball, but that's in anticipation of a play. In football, it's because of the commercial.

Now, you want a really amazing atmosphere? Should the Giants win this series, and go on to win the World Series...wait for the parade. I went to the Philly parade in 2008. Happiest day of my life. I have *never* seen anything like that. Just the greatest thing ever.

Should the Eagles ever win one in my lifetime...holy crap. As much as Philly loves the Phillies, that is admittedly a recent thing. That has always been, and always will be, an Eagles town.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:51 PM   #5024
Ksyrup

What can Brown do for me? Pull this fucking Logistics ad before I kill someone.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #5025
Ksyrup

YEAH! Molina can be as slow as he wants when he's trotting.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 PM   #5026
PilotMan
Head Coach

BOOOM! YES!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #5027
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

AJ Burnett sucks huge balls. Worst pitcher the Yanks have ever signed.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #5028
Ksyrup

Ed Whitson Part II
Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #5029
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Name That Molina!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #5030
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #5031
Ksyrup

Was he about to do the universal Jack-Off symbol before an astute producer switched cameras?

"Oh shit, it's a Yankee Douchebag Fan, ABORT TO CAMERA 5, ABORT TO CAMERA 5 OR WE'RE ALL GONNA GET CANNED!!!"
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #5032
Senator

Read the lips of slim shady right behind him.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 10-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #5033
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I love the guy on the left. He looks like he doesn't know if he wants to fist pump, clap hands, or give a high five so he kind of does each one.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #5034
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

And the guy next to him.

All we need is a hoagie and a condom and one of those guys is HA.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #5035
Senator

I visualize that guy being HA for some reason.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #5036
Ksyrup

That's exactly what I posted right after it happened.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #5037
Ksyrup

Quote:
This game is playing out exactly as Girardi expected it to. Starting AJ is OK because he wouldn't need a great start to win this game if Hunter & the bullpen pitches as expected, so why "waste" CC on a game that was winnable with a lesser pitcher? Could still blow up in his face, but this has to be what he hoped/expected to happen.

OK, so maybe not EXACTLY as Girardi expected.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #5038
Ksyrup

It's like the Yankees lost their mojo on Tex's hamstring injury.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #5039
TroyF
Coordinator

Just too bad that ball didn't drill the d-bag Yankee fan on the head. Good try Josh.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #5040
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Memo to the Steinbrenners: spend your money on good pitching, not shitty pitchers hiding behind one or two good seasons.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #5041
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well those clowns can start going to Jets and Giants games soon as the Yanks won't be around much longer.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #5042
Senator

Damn, dad would be loving this.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #5043
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Memo to the Steinbrenners: spend your money on good pitching, not shitty pitchers hiding behind one or two good seasons.

Actually, Burnett has been an above average pitcher for his first 8 full seasons. He was only bad this year.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #5044
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

He seems very angry...

That clip summed up pretty much every assclown Yankee fan. People always ask me if I hate the Yankees and I say not at all, I hate their fans.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-19-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #5045
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's better than another year of LaRussa? LaRussa and no Dave Duncan. There are rumors that letting go the bullpen guy is possibly the first move toward Duncan not returning.

Without Duncan, we finish behind the Pirates.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #5046
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
This means Rasmus has to be traded, doesn't it? A 24 year old hitter with his talent level should draw some major interest I would think.

I hope not, but he's not a veteran, so probably.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:14 PM   #5047
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Batting the Pitcher 8th is the correct move.

For whom, a third grade team?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #5048
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Go Rangers.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #5049
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Without Duncan, we finish behind the Pirates.

Just read that Duncan wants a multi-year deal to stay.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #5050
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I hope not, but he's not a veteran, so probably.

I feel for you guys - I can't for the life of me understood why the 2nd best hitter on the team is sitting so that LaRussa can play whatever hustling-telegenic scrub caught his eye this week. Man, the Colby Rasmus trade derby is going to be fun for the rest of us.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote