Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #551
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Congrats to all the Steelers fans. Much prefer to see them in the Super Bowl than Baltimore so good luck there

Good luck to the Cards. No matter what, I'll be rooting for the NFC Champion in the Super Bowl.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #552
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112 View Post
it don't matter. the rings mean as much no matter what the outcome.

Buc...you're a hater and I'm gonna ride you until the Steelers win the big one. Mark it.

Whatever.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #553
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I'll be rooting for the Cards.

Congrats to the eagles, they deserved it, the Giants didn't play like champs.

As dissapointed as I am there won't be anymore Giants football this year, after last year I can't complain to much. It was a fun season but the way they played down the stretch I'm not surprised they lost.

sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Meh. Rather be a graceless winner than a whiny loser.

This is my post after the game ended, show me where I was whiny?

Eaglefan and Sak kid about it but you take joy in bringing it to a personal level, it shows what a fucking tool you are.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:18 PM   #554
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Whatever.

noice! it's like i'm competing with a high schooler!

I've been oblivious to your allegiance to an NFL team. I always thought it was the Tampa Bay team (hence you user name).

Be graceful. Don't be a chump.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #555
Swaggs
Coordinator

I like the Steelers' chances over the Ravens again next week.

I think a "fresh" Willie Parker (since he missed so much time this year) will be big, as will a rookie QB starting an AFC Championship game. Either way, it should be a slugfest.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #556
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is my post after the game ended, show me where I was whiny?

Eaglefan and Sak kid about it but you take joy in bringing it to a personal level, it shows what a fucking tool you are.

Dude, I'm kidding about it too. Take a Valium.

Last edited by RedKingGold : 01-11-2009 at 07:40 PM.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #557
Comey
College Starter

I just got home from the Eagles/Giants game. Absolutely amazing. I got some ridiculous videos (I can wholeheartedly recommend the Panasonic DMC-TZ5 as a result of this).

It got eerily quiet at the end of the third quarter. With eight minutes left in the game, Giants fans started leaving. With four minutes left, it was 80% Eagles fans left. Just amazing.

MOST Giants fans were pleasant enough, and I believe they know that this isn't the end for them, and they're still the defending champs for another three weeks. A few, well...it goes both ways. Such is life in the NFC East.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #558
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I had a great converstation with a Steelers fan today...I was wearing my McNabb Jersey in the bar..

Yinzer: Fuck the Eagles they didnt beat anyone this year...

Me: Um yeah they did they beat the Steelers and the Giants twice. Last time i checked the Giants beat the Steelers.

Yinzer: Well you didnt beat anyone and snuck into the playoffs..

Me: The Eagles beat the Steelers earlier this year...

Yinzer: Well you still suck...

I am moving to Philly for 2 weeks if they play in the super bowl.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #559
Kodos
Resident Alien

Glad to see the Steelers knock out the Chargers. I could be happy with any of the remaining teams winning, as long as Baltimore gets knocked out.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #560
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

What would the state of PA be like if a Eagle/Steeler Super Bowl came to be?

Wouldn't Pittsburgh need it more? Just look at Baseball.. World Series Champs against arguably the worst team in MLB.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #561
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post

Wouldn't Pittsburgh need it more? Just look at Baseball.. World Series Champs against arguably the worst team in MLB.

outside of philadephia its mostly steelers fans. I would say philly needs it more because well the steelers already have 5. Plus philly is definitely more of a football city than a baseball city.

There were riots when they canceled a preseason game versus Baltimore. Cant imagine what will happen if the eagles win. If I still lived in south philly I would park my car back in jersey at my parents.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #562
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesKnight View Post

I'd imagine it would be about 100 times worse than the Pens/Flyers playoff series last year. Two very obnoxious fan bases...would not be fun.

Philly needs it more IMO. No one here cares about the Pirates, but the Steelers are the life blood of the city, another Super Bowl title would just add to the craziness. But since the Eagles have never won a Super Bowl, and the city has had only 1 title in 25 years, I'd say Philly.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #563
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I actually like the Steelers fan base. Passionate, and even the lady fans are pretty knowledgeable across the board it seems.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #564
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I think that the Panthers game won't be close. Then I'm going Chargers, Eagles, and Titans in close games. I'm comfortable with the Chargers pick, but have no freakin clue about the other two.

Panthers over Titans in Super Bowl.

What did I tell you? The Eagles won, didn't they? Sometimes, this game is just too easy to predict. I have no idea how Vegas makes money. Lots of stupid people out there, I guess.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #565
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I am excited to see the Eagles play the Cardinals. I don't watch the game with any pretense of who will beat who, rather I just enjoy the game for what it is. Would I be disappointed if the Eagles lose, sure, but I don't expect any outcome prior to watching, I just watch.

That being said, I'm excited with the Steeler-Raven matchup, that looks brutal hardcore as a game.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 AM   #566
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I actually like the Steelers fan base. Passionate, and even the lady fans are pretty knowledgeable across the board it seems.

Well you are 2000 miles from idiot central.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 AM   #567
Comey
College Starter

Quote:

I've lived in several different places and on both coasts of the country, but I've lived in central PA the longest. I can say that, based on my experience, there are more ignorant Steeler fans than any other team in the country. Perhaps some of it is the Altoona-Johnstown contingent. Unbelievably uninformed and ignorant.

Believe it or not, and this is from my experience here in Connecticut...the Giants fan-base is admirable. This comes from a huge Eagles fan. While there are the idiots that every franchise has, the Giants fans I've come across here are willing to discuss things in a civil, fact-based manner. It's almost refreshing. I still hate the Giants, but, as I said with several Giants fans at the Meadowlands yesterday, I definitely respect them. The team works hard, they don't brag about things...they just try to take care of business.

Overall, the fan base represented them very well yesterday.

The Steelers fans...eh. There are some good ones, sure. But the general fan I'm used to dealing with does not do them any valuable service.

(It should be noted that this doesn't speak for all Steeler fans. Anyone who rushes in here and tries to debate me on my own experience, basing the previous sentence as your argument, runs the risk of falling into the fandom of which I spoke in this post.)

Old 01-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #568
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It would be cool if there were a team that would only accept you as a fan if you pass a general football IQ test and the equivilant of a freshman level class on constructing a logical argument.

I'd apply to root for them.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #569
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

I'm a Saints fan by birth and intend to remain one until I die. But, being objective, there are huge parts of the team's fan base that make me sad to have to root for anything that will make them happy.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #570
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Debating throwing some money down on the two championship games, as I'm in Vegas tomorrow.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #571
Thomkal
Head Coach

Go Cards! I think I may have to repeat that each day till the game.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #572
Kodos
Resident Alien

It would be great to see the Cards win, but I would give them the worst odds of the remaining teams. Still, with Warner playing well and their beastly receiving corps, I certainly wouldn't rule out them winning it all.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #573
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It would be great to see the Cards win, but I would give them the worst odds of the remaining teams. Still, with Warner playing well and their beastly receiving corps, I certainly wouldn't rule out them winning it all.

They've basically had the worst odds since the playoffs began, which I can understand given how they finished the season. They seemed to have embraced that underdog status, but it'll be a tough game against a team with a lot of playoff experience like the Eagles.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #574
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I like the Steelers' chances over the Ravens again next week.

I think a "fresh" Willie Parker (since he missed so much time this year) will be big, as will a rookie QB starting an AFC Championship game. Either way, it should be a slugfest.

Parker ran really well yesterday Which is good, cause i was ready to call for his release this offseason.

Parkers career high vs the Ratbirds is 63 yards. We're in significant trouble this weekend. They have to get to the QB and even then the kid is good enough to make plays when he needs to. The winner of this game is likely to get around 17 points, and i think Flacco is good enough to make a couple plays to get them scores. we have to bring our A game, and be able to put some points on the board. I don't like our chances is a nail biter

Last edited by stevew : 01-12-2009 at 09:59 AM.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #575
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I LOLOLOLed at these

Kissing Suzy Kolber » Blog Archive » LOLNFL: Divisional Playoffs Day 1 | kissingsuzykolber.com

Kissing Suzy Kolber | kissingsuzykolber.com
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #576
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Based on the (many) Steelers fans I've met, male and female, they're passionate and knowledgeable about the Steelers, but they're completely oblivious to the other 31 teams in the NFL. Hell, a lot of these people couldn't name more than 2 players on any other team in the NFL.

I'm not saying they're not real fans or anything, but you can't have football conversations with these people. You can only have Steelers conversations with these people.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:28 PM   #577
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Based on the (many) Steelers fans I've met, male and female, they're passionate and knowledgeable about the Steelers, but they're completely oblivious to the other 31 teams in the NFL. Hell, a lot of these people couldn't name more than 2 players on any other team in the NFL.

I'm not saying they're not real fans or anything, but you can't have football conversations with these people. You can only have Steelers conversations with these people.

I see...
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #578
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

You're just mad they still thought Jason Elam was on Denver.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #579
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not sure if I agree, they still think "Big Ben" actually scored during that Super Bowl against the Seahawks....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #580
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Pumpy nailed it. Alot of Steelers fans have no clue there are other teams out there.

And I think you guys are even being generous with the knowledgeable. Sure there are some (like me ), but the majority just like to spout the cliche crap they hear on the radio (need to run the ball more!! blah blah blah crap crap crap)

They are are rabidly passionate, but i wouldn't always say that equals knowledgeable.

Dr Sak's experience I would think is pretty normal. Rather than having something intelligent to use in an argument, "yinz suck" works alot better. A smart fan would have pointed out we've beat Baltimore twice, who throttled the Eagles.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #581
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I'd imagine it would be about 100 times worse than the Pens/Flyers playoff series last year. Two very obnoxious fan bases...would not be fun.

That's because the Eagles would actually have a slight shot.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #582
Comey
College Starter

I am very glad Pumpy was able to confirm what I stated earlier on the page. ; )

I know, I know, though...it ain't gospel til' Pumpy says it!

Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #583
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Dr Sak's experience I would think is pretty normal. Rather than having something intelligent to use in an argument, "yinz suck" works alot better. A smart fan would have pointed out we've beat Baltimore twice, who throttled the Eagles.

Is this the BCS? Bringing a 3rd team into the mix instead of talking about the head to head matchup? We can talk about Ben laying around on his back all game...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #584
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I am very glad Pumpy was able to confirm what I stated earlier on the page. ; )

I know, I know, though...it ain't gospel til' Pumpy says it!

Sorry, goes back to what my great-grandfather told me on his deathbed: "Listen here, sonny boy. If you do one thing in this life, make sure you never trust anyone that lives in Connecticut."

He was on a lot of medication at that point.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #585
Comey
College Starter

I am not a fan of Connecticut myself. Would rather be back in PA.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #586
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Honestly that would have been a better argument.

Quote:
That's because the Eagles would actually have a slight shot.

Hey how's 10th place treating you?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #587
Thomkal
Head Coach

Go Cards!