Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #651
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I haven't tried much option at all in '12. I like running out of various ace formations, and also some strong/weak formations with a FB. I usually tweak my playbook one time before the season, every year. I still haven't gotten it completely right.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-15-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #652
lungs
Pro Rookie

I pretty much live with Pistol Trips, Pistol Trio, Pistol Bunch and Pistol Slot. Other stuff is there when I want to mess around but my bread and butter are those formations there. Slams and dives all day with some stretch plays when they bunch in the middle.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #653
Ksyrup

I've only tried one pistol formation and kinda gave up on it, just didn't use it enough. I'll have to experiment some next season.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 12-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #654
Ksyrup

Well, I got destroyed by Oregon in the BCS championship game. I'd never gone up against a 99/99/99 team before, and the difference in speed was incredible. I couldn't stop them. I couldn't run the ball either, so I had to throw a ton of passes, with predictable results - 3 INTs and about 8 sacks. We lost 59-44. It wasn't even that close, from the 2nd quarter on. It was 7-6 afer the 1st, as I managed 2 FGs on my first 2 drives. And then it was on after that. The only times I stopped them were on 3 TOs, 1 of which was returned for a TD and another that put me on their 5. I was constantly battling back from 21-24 point deficits. What an eye opener.

And with that, I decided I have gone as far as I can go with CSU, so I'm off to Washington State - a 1-11, 1 star program, rated 72s across the board. And I get to play Oregon once a year. Fun!

I was hoping for Indiana, but they hired someone else. The one thing I don't like about the coaching carousel is you not only can't see what jobs you're up for before they come up for hiring, but you don't even know which jobs are available. I suppose the job security thing is supposed to give you a hint, and it does, but it's not 100%. And you still don't know if you're a candidate. It basically goes in alphabetical order, so if you've got your eye on Washington State, you might have to pass up a bunch of other jobs hoping (a) it's open, and (b) you're a candidate. Otherwise, you've lost out on any other job.

The only good thing about it is you can just exit the dynasty and start your search over if you end up pasing up jobs you should have taken.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-16-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #655
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I've been playing in a OD with some guys from work and running the triple option with a CAS (cupcake roster). We play on default Heisman, it has been a lot of fun but frustrating. I lost the last game of the season in year 1, 52-0 to Hawaii. Now 2nd game of season 2 and we just lost to USC 7-3 after having a long TD run called back due to holding, they stuffed us at the goalline another drive, and as we were driving late hoping to win it my 3-star freshman RB coughed it up.

I have a 15% security rating so I think the end is near if I don't start winning some of these.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:53 PM   #656
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
And Kodos, my whole fascination with Indiana goes back to my futile efforts to revive the program in FOFC-BBCF

I also failed in that very task in the same league.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #657
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Need to get back into this game and restart my dynasty as well as my franchise in Madden. The USF/Buffalo thing never got me going. Doing my Hoosiers as well....real life is bad enough, so I need to see them succeed somewhere! Now to figure out an NFL to do along with them. Been the Colts for the last few Maddens, so need to think of someone else.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 AM   #658
whomario
Pro Starter

Just restarted and went as a new coach with Ohio after watching last nights bowl game as replay just now, looked to be a fun squad to play as Edited up their Real Life starting QB to a 76 though, yeah i know ...

Any advise on what to do/not to do with a 2 star program ? (haven´t played below 4 ever shamefully)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #659
Ksyrup

Well, my first season with WSU hasn't gone as I thought it would. Six games in, and I've taken 1-11 WSU to 6-0 and bowl-eligible. I don't get it. I shouldn't be this good. I don't know if I've gotten better as a player and have effectively grown out of the slider settings I'm using, or what. I've had a couple of somewhat close games, but I'm now 3-0 in the PAC12 having just beat #18 Oregon State 34-13, in a game where I lost my top RB after 4 rushes.

I'm running all over everyone. My RB is second in the NCAA with 890 yards - and that's with missing nearly the entire 6th game - and first with 12 TDs. He's nothing special though - 78-rated, but with 90 speed. My QB is 79-rated, but is throwing for a better completion percentage than my 90-rated CSU QB from last year.

The big test will come tonight - I take on #3 Stanford, who beat Oregon. If I beat them or come reasonably close, I might have to tweak the sliders. I was hoping for a gradual climb to relevance. As it is, I've gone from preseason #107 to #27 (just outside the top 25 but getting a bunch of votes). I do think I'll struggle more next year once I lose some of the decently-rated seniors that were left on the team I took over. I sure hope so. I wasn't looking to drop CSU for a team that I could win 10+ games with in the first year. I was kinda hoping for 6-7 wins, tops.

I'm not exactly hoping to "Zook" the remainder of the season, but...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-20-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #660
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Need to get back into this game and restart my dynasty as well as my franchise in Madden. The USF/Buffalo thing never got me going. Doing my Hoosiers as well....real life is bad enough, so I need to see them succeed somewhere! Now to figure out an NFL to do along with them. Been the Colts for the last few Maddens, so need to think of someone else.

If you want a team closer to the real life Hoosiers than the default roster, I have a teambuildered version where Roberson is the best QB, Houston is the runningback, etc. It's not perfect, but better than the default roster (in my estimation). It's probably a little homerish in terms of ratings, but not too bad.

You can find it by searching for Kodos For Prez in the Xbox 360 rosters. Here's the teambuilder page: TeamBuilder | NCAA Football | EASports.com

Last edited by Kodos : 12-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #661
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Well, my first season with WSU hasn't gone as I thought it would. Six games in, and I've taken 1-11 WSU to 6-0 and bowl-eligible. I don't get it. I shouldn't be this good. I don't know if I've gotten better as a player and have effectively grown out of the slider settings I'm using, or what. I've had a couple of somewhat close games, but I'm now 3-0 in the PAC12 having just beat #18 Oregon State 34-13, in a game where I lost my top RB after 4 rushes.

I'm running all over everyone. My RB is second in the NCAA with 890 yards - and that's with missing nearly the entire 6th game - and first with 12 TDs. He's nothing special though - 78-rated, but with 90 speed. My QB is 79-rated, but is throwing for a better completion percentage than my 90-rated CSU QB from last year.

The big test will come tonight - I take on #3 Stanford, who beat Oregon. If I beat them or come reasonably close, I might have to tweak the sliders. I was hoping for a gradual climb to relevance. As it is, I've gone from preseason #107 to #27 (just outside the top 25 but getting a bunch of votes). I do think I'll struggle more next year once I lose some of the decently-rated seniors that were left on the team I took over. I sure hope so. I wasn't looking to drop CSU for a team that I could win 10+ games with in the first year. I was kinda hoping for 6-7 wins, tops.

I'm not exactly hoping to "Zook" the remainder of the season, but...

Are you using Jistics sliders? I am having the same issues with BYU in 2012. I last my best 2 linemen (Plus Jake Heaps ) and was still running over folks, so I clicked run defense up 2 and that has helped.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 AM   #662
Ksyrup

I might do that, although I was the one to get run over last night. Stanford - now #1 - beat me 45-11. I threw 6 INTs, and my RB got knocked out with a concussion for the second straight week. Good thing this isn't the NFL. Then I played a decent Arizona squad and barely beat them 19-14. My RB had 115 yards, but on 33 carries.

I'll probably wait until the season is over to decide what sliders to tweak. Last night's games made me feel a little better, although my crappy team is still 7-1.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #663
whomario
Pro Starter

I´ve started the year 2-2 with Ohio, narrowly loosing to Marshall (24-25), hanging in there against LSU due to some TOs forced (14-31) but beating Idaho (38-7) and BYU (28-21).
Recruiting is going a lot smoother than expected, but it might be a sign of me settling a bit for easy targets. But i´ll wait and see.

Has anybody get any advice on actually making moves/making people miss ? Basically i´m super dependant on my blocking when i´m running the ball...
Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #664
Ksyrup

I keep the moves to a minimum, frankly. I thinnk it helps to balance out the weak AI. I'll juke with the right stick every now and then, but I rarely use the spin or hurdle moves. Mostly, I follow my blockers, maybe stiff arm, and cover up the ball quite often, unless I'm in the open field.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-21-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #665
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Will be getting this for the holidays. Can someone be a mensch and give me an update as to the best sliders to use?
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #666
BYU 14
Coordinator

I do the same as Ksyrup. I run a lot of zone plays, so I will usually make one cut and then try and get up field. I cover the ball up on contact and will lower the shoulder. Rarely spin or juke and will only hurdle if the lineman in front of me pancakes his defender. I have taken some wicked hits hurdling though and coughed it up a couple of times.

2012 with BYU I am now 7-1 and getting a nice variety of results.

Lost the opener to Nevada 30-28, but then upset then #5 Boise State 21-13 the next week at home.

Got into a wild shootout with an 0-7 UNLV team winning 63-42, which really scared me going into the TCU game. Luckily I managed to score late and pull out a 27-24 win against the Frogs thanks to 2 straight sacks inside my 30 as the clock ran down.

Up after that was a game against 1-5 Air Force and they gave me fits. Their FB had over 100 yards on only 12 carries and I only led 14-0 at half, thanks to a pick 6 and a blown coverage. They cut it to 14-10 before I put them away in the 4th to win 28-10. It was a sloppy game played in a downpour and not a great showing for the 6 recruits I had in for a visit.

After this season I lose my starting QB (Nelson, since Heaps transferred), 2 offensive linemen butn get everyone else back on offense.

On defense it is worse. I lose 2 of 3 starting defensive linemen, both inside linebackers, both corners and 1 safety. We could be giving up some points next season.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #667
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post
Will be getting this for the holidays. Can someone be a mensch and give me an update as to the best sliders to use?

I am using Jistic's AA sliders right now, working well with a couple of tweaks. (You can google them)

I will post my tweaks later after work.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #668
Ksyrup

Same here. I've tweaked them as well, but haven't touched them in quite awhile so I'm not sure how different they are. I didn't make any major changes, I don't think.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #669
Kodos
Resident Alien

The protect the ball button is the one I use most often. Almost never juke, never spin. Never stiff arm. I try to be patient following blockers.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #670
Ksyrup

Same here. I think I mash the protect button and stiff arm all at once and whichever one wins out is the one my guy goes with. But I protect the ball at all costs - occasionally I'll get one of those animations where the guy is hunched over so long he loses his balance and falls on his face.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #671
whomario
Pro Starter

Simmed a couple games as i wanted to get my recruiting over with for the first season, ended up with only the 68th rated class with no 4 star guy and miles away from my coach goal of 10 Top1000 guys... Season i went 7-5, hope in year 2 i can go 9-3 to get a couple goals completed.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #672
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I thought protect ball and stiff arm were mapped to the same button.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:53 PM   #673
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I thought protect ball and stiff arm were mapped to the same button.

PS3 isn't...R1 is protect and X is stiff arm/switch ball to other hand.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #674
Kodos
Resident Alien

On Xbox, the right bumper is protect the ball. Not sure what stiff arm is. Probably the left bumper.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #675
Balldog
Pro Rookie

A button
Old 12-21-2011, 09:02 PM   #676
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
A button

Obviously, but which one?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #677
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Obviously, but which one?

lol.. I think he means, the "A" button... I thought it was LB.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #678
Ksyrup

No, I think LB might be fake pitch.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:36 PM   #679
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, I think LB might be fake pitch.

You might be right.. I have enough to worry about without using the stiff arm.. lol.. I'm glad speed burst is auto now
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:38 AM   #680
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Yes, I mean the "A" button is stiff arm.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:37 AM   #681
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
You might be right.. I have enough to worry about without using the stiff arm.. lol.. I'm glad speed burst is auto now

Agreed. I like the way that has been auto-incorporated into the game.

Played two more games last night, split them. Lost 21-14 at California. Had a chance to tie with less than a minute inside the 10 and threw a pick on the goal line. Then beat USC 34-8. USC is the Boise State of the PAC12, it seems. Great ratings but a 4-7 record.

I'm at 8-2 with Oregon (9-1) and Washington (2-7) left. Should finish at 9-3.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #682
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Other than the ladder league (with Kodos), I've hardly played the game because I couldn't get a realistic passing percentage and it was bothering me. With Barkley coming back, I want to get another season going in the game. Anyone have good sliders that give realistic passing percentages?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #683
Balldog
Pro Rookie

My 4-year old and I play 2 games a week on Default All-Pro, he uses 1-Button Mode with the Ask Coach calling his plays. He has beat me 4 games in a row, at 6 out of 8. Sigh...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #684
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Anyone have good sliders that give realistic passing percentages?

I've found it damn near impossible on All-Pro. I can get close with my stats but usually the CPU is horrible. On Heisman, I get decent results for both but Heisman does not seem to be real popular. If you are open to playing Heisman I can dig up what I use.

Last edited by Balldog : 12-22-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:17 AM   #685
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh View Post

Here are the sliders I am using

Sliders
AA - 9 minute Quarters
Game speed - Slow
Speed Threshold - 45

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 70 / 75
Pass blk - 75 / 60
WR cat - 75 / 65
RB ability - 60 / 60
Run Blk - 50 / 55
Coverage - 45 / 20
Pass rush - 50 / 30
Int - 25 / 20
Run Def - 40 / 60
Tackling - 40 / 40
FG Pow - 50 / 45
FG acc - 40 / 35
Punt Pow - 55 / 50
Punt acc - 35 / 45
KP - 50 / 50

Penalties
Offsides 90
False Start 90
Holding and Clipping 52
Facemask 50
Off/Def PI and KR int 100
Int grounding 80
RP and RK 55

Now for my fuck Colorado State rant
They upset me in Provo last year and my season went into a tailspin.

This season I go into Fort Collins at 7-1 and ranked 12th in the nation.

The Rams are 3-4, byt turnovers and shitty play by Riley Nelson cause to fall behind 17-0 and trail 20-7 at the half.

I cut it to 26-21 in the 4th, then make the mistake of going for it instead of punting and playing D. They kick a field goal and hold me off to again get the upset 29-21.

Wasted in the effort was a career high 194 yard on 26 carries by Juice Quezada. Riley Nelson killed me going 7-22 with a 1 TD and 1 Pick. While has was hurt James Lark came in and went 4-5 and led a TD drive, I should have stuck with him

I am going to roll them up next season if I can
Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #686
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've found it damn near impossible on All-Pro. I can get close with my stats but usually the CPU is horrible. On Heisman, I get decent results for both but Heisman does not seem to be real popular. If you are open to playing Heisman I can dig up what I use.

Sure, I will give them a spin. Thanks BYU, I will give your set a spin too.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #687
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wyoming paid dearly for Colorado States transgressions, over 500 yard total offense in a 58-7 win.

Lost my starting QB for the season though
Old 12-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #688
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Here are the sliders I am using

Sliders
AA - 9 minute Quarters
Game speed - Slow
Speed Threshold - 45

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 70 / 75
Pass blk - 75 / 60
WR cat - 75 / 65
RB ability - 60 / 60
Run Blk - 50 / 55
Coverage - 45 / 20
Pass rush - 50 / 30
Int - 25 / 20
Run Def - 40 / 60
Tackling - 40 / 40
FG Pow - 50 / 45
FG acc - 40 / 35
Punt Pow - 55 / 50
Punt acc - 35 / 45
KP - 50 / 50

Penalties
Offsides 90
False Start 90
Holding and Clipping 52
Facemask 50
Off/Def PI and KR int 100
Int grounding 80
RP and RK 55

Now for my fuck Colorado State rant
They upset me in Provo last year and my season went into a tailspin.

This season I go into Fort Collins at 7-1 and ranked 12th in the nation.

The Rams are 3-4, byt turnovers and shitty play by Riley Nelson cause to fall behind 17-0 and trail 20-7 at the half.

I cut it to 26-21 in the 4th, then make the mistake of going for it instead of punting and playing D. They kick a field goal and hold me off to again get the upset 29-21.

Wasted in the effort was a career high 194 yard on 26 carries by Juice Quezada. Riley Nelson killed me going 7-22 with a 1 TD and 1 Pick. While has was hurt James Lark came in and went 4-5 and led a TD drive, I should have stuck with him

I am going to roll them up next season if I can

Thanks!
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #689
Ksyrup

I freaking upset Oregon! 34-28, a helluva game. The QB that torched me in the NCG with CSU last year graduated, and his replacement is not a good fit for the read option. He threw the ball pretty well, but couldn't run and we dominated.

Finished up with a solid 27-10 win against 4-8 Washington. They beat Stanford somehow. Finished 2nd in the PAC12 North. Oh, and get this - both TCU and OU lost in week 14, and there are no undefeated teams. For 2021, ladies and gentlemen, your NCG:

UCF vs. Air Force

lol

I get Mizzou in the Holiday Bowl.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-24-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #690
Ksyrup

Beat Mizzou 33-7 and ended 11-2 ranked #18. I checked my sliders against the ones posted and they are virtually identical. I did make a few tweaks to make my D not as effective and tone down my running game. Between that and a significant loss of talent, 2022 should be a big challenge. I'll be stunned if I win 10 games again. But we'll see.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #691
BYU 14
Coordinator

As expected major struggles with all the rebuilding as I start out 2013 by barely squeaking by Idaho on the the road 28-21 (I did move run blocking down to 45 and think that is good, as my retooled line, with a bad RT and a true freshman at RG struggled accordingly at times)

Quezada still had well over 100 yards, but got stuffed more than once as well. Starting a RS Soph QB who was only 13-30 and got knocked out twice. May have to revisit this as his back up (a RS Freshman) was 2-3 and threw a TD pass in his first career attempt. His second completion converted a 3rd and 16 and gave us first and goal leading to the winning TD.

With 3 new starters in the secondary got torched for over 300 yards by their QB who was 18-31 (started 10-13) and threw 3 TD passes. We did manage 3 picks as well, which saved the game. Most of his damage was due to my inablity to generate a pass rush with only 3 or 4 players (again 2 new Defensive line starters) so I had to start bring pressure. Ended uo with 4 sacks, but got burnt a couple of times too.

I go on the road to Hawaii, then host Georgia Tech, so I will see how we are going to be for sure after those 2 games. Still have Boise, TCU, a still tough Nevada team and of course Utah down the road too.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 12-24-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #692
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I am having a strange game happening right now. At halftime, my Memphis team is down to ECU, 38-31. There have been 897 yards of offense in the first half. So strange.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:28 PM   #693
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Took the link Ksyrup provided and ended up making a team named after my fantasy football team, the Lake Iola Ocelots. Cool crimson and grey uniforms. Made a team of average joes and finally have some sliders I seem to like. Now off to start a dynasty.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:40 PM   #694
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

After 3 quarters, I'm now down 66-38 and there have been 1298 yards of total offense. Incredible.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:00 PM   #695
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Final score: 87-45. My defense is absolutely terrible, especially once it starts getting tired. The game ended up with 1596 yards of total offense. ECU had 955 and I had 641. Yikes!
Old 12-25-2011, 02:26 AM   #696
Ksyrup

You're playing the Arena version, aren't you?

I think I like the changes I made to the sliders. Definitely going to struggle on D this year. Just beat Western Michigan 41-38 on a last second FG. Yikes!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #697
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You're playing the Arena version, aren't you?

I think I like the changes I made to the sliders. Definitely going to struggle on D this year. Just beat Western Michigan 41-38 on a last second FG. Yikes!

Can you post exactly what you are using? I plugged in BYU's last night and fired up a Miami (OH) Dynasty and won the first 2 games against Mizzou (23-17) and Minnesota (24-7). Offensively things seem about right, but defensively I don't think the CPU is doing what it should.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #698
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you post exactly what you are using? I plugged in BYU's last night and fired up a Miami (OH) Dynasty and won the first 2 games against Mizzou (23-17) and Minnesota (24-7). Offensively things seem about right, but defensively I don't think the CPU is doing what it should.

I dropped the pass coverage by 5 along with the run blocking as the CPU teams had a lower completetion percentage than I like. I am happy passing wise right now as the CPU will hit 55-60%

Can the CPU run run on you? The CPU run game is one thing that is hard to balance. NCAA 2012 doesn't do the spread option teams any favors IMO, but I formation/power running teams fare much better. One thing I am going to do this season is drop my run D by 5 when playing a spread team and keep it at 40 when playing a power/pro style attack.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 12-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #699
Ksyrup

I'm working off a very small sample size, but WMU's RB went for 225 against me and they had 445 total yards (QB was 13/20). they are rated B/B+, though, better than my team. I held a pretty bad NMSU to 247 yards in my first game, but 100 yards rushing on 13 carries and 16/25 passing. It feels better - I was getting too many sacks and leading the NCAA in run defense year after year. Keep in mind that my team is rated 75/75/73. I expect to struggle some against PAC12 teams - but I should.

The main differences I have are Human Pass Coverage and Rush Defense on 35 and CPU Pass Coverage on 45 and Pass Rush on 40.

Any kind of CPU option offense is horribly implemented in this game and you should be able to shut it down for the most part without trying too hard. I don't try to use sliders to control that, because it is what it is. Air Force was a top 15 team for all 6 years I played CSU and I beat them all 6 years.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #700
Ksyrup

Wow, just played WKU and had one of the most complete, dominating victories I've ever played, 63-0. It was 49-0 at half. I forced 2 fumbles, the second of which on the last play of the half was returned for a TD. My RB went for 215 and 5 TDs. Awesome game.

Those stats will help to balance out the asswhoopin' I'm about to take at the hands of #3 Stanford in my PAC12 opener. They killed me last year.