Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #701
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

The orange looks too Bengals-y to me.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #702
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Why not flip the colors on the helmet? Make it a brown helmet with orange and white stripes.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #703
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Why not flip the colors on the helmet? Make it a brown helmet with orange and white stripes.

That would take someone with an ounce of creativity.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:54 PM   #704
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Every team eventually wears red or blue it seems.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:16 PM   #705
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Winston seems a lot like Roethlisburger. I'd say Ben has rarely been referred to as a student of the game but has thrived due to athletic ability and inate skills that can't be taught.

Good analogy, even down to the lack of personal maturity.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #706
thesloppy
Pro Starter

anybody got any dirt on the alleged Dez Bryant tape that is supposedly about to be released, and being promoted as "worse than Ray Rice"?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #707
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Report: Browns hosting Josh McCown | ProFootballTalk

The Buccaneers had all those weapons and McCown was a disaster. What do the Browns think they can offer to make his game better? Did they ever hire an offensive coordinator?
Old 02-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #708
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Report: Browns hosting Josh McCown | ProFootballTalk

The Buccaneers had all those weapons and McCown was a disaster. What do the Browns think they can offer to make his game better? Did they ever hire an offensive coordinator?

They were also looking at Glennon earlier. Because the 2014 Bucs were so awesome.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:31 AM   #709
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Everything I've been reading about him screams J Russell to me. $100 million arm, $.10 head. I guess that also qualifies him as a N. LaLoosh clone as well.
I thought it was pretty well established that Russell was an addict, Vince Young was an alcoholic, and Ryan Leaf probably a combination of both. I just don't get that vibe from Winston.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #710
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I thought it was pretty well established that Russell was an addict, Vince Young was an alcoholic, and Ryan Leaf probably a combination of both. I just don't get that vibe from Winston.

I think Winston is simply immature. Can he grow out of it and become the next Manning or Brady? I don't know? But, I hope so. A player of his immense talent is good for the NFL.
Old 02-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #711
Dutch
"Dutch"

He can be whoever he wants to be. Just win, baby. But in the immortal words of Tony Dungy..."Availability is greater than ability".
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #712
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Was Brady, Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Brees immature (as opposed to inexperienced) coming out of college? I don't think so. They had already exhibited the maturity, smarts, work ethic and behaviors that would lead them to become great.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #713
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Was Brady, Manning, Luck, Rodgers, Brees immature (as opposed to inexperienced) coming out of college? I don't think so. They had already exhibited the maturity, smarts, work ethic and behaviors that would lead them to become great.

Just because we weren't privy to indiscretions doesn't mean there weren't any. The NFL has such a dire need for QB's that Winston is probably the first pick regardless of what has happened off the field. I don't think there's much question about Winston's work ethic.

The question is: are the Buccaneers the right organization to help him mature and reach his potential?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 AM   #714
cuervo72
Head Coach

I'm not sure Brady exhibited that much if he was drafted in the 6th round. Ok, maybe he wasn't a screw-up, but I think that could be said of a whole lot of college players who never amounted to anything in the pros.

How mature was Terry Bradshaw early in his career?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #715
Buccaneer
Head Coach

BillJ, no doubt. After all, we saw Manziel drafted in the first round. I wouldn't argue against the need to draft QBs like Winston, young, manziel, etc. but they were/are already starting behind on a tough curve.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #716
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I'm not sure Brady exhibited that much if he was drafted in the 6th round. Ok, maybe he wasn't a screw-up, but I think that could be said of a whole lot of college players who never amounted to anything in the pros.

How mature was Terry Bradshaw early in his career?
Yup. I also don't think we need to compare him to Brady or Manning (or Luck/Elway a.k.a. Generation Talents). Can he be Ben Roethlisberger or Cam Newton? I think most teams would be happy taking one of them at 1.1
Old 02-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #717
Buccaneer
Head Coach

The way some had been talking about blowing up teams incl QB, it's either getting a Brady/manning et al or nothing at all.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #718
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
anybody got any dirt on the alleged Dez Bryant tape that is supposedly about to be released, and being promoted as "worse than Ray Rice"?

Dunno, but I'm going to be regularly refreshing worldstar, blacksportsonline and the likes to find out.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #719
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Well, Manning had the sexual harassment allegations while at Tenn. and prior to him, other NFL MVP QB's such as Marino (coke head), Elway (spoiled brat) and Farve (alcoholic) didn't come out of college so squeaky clean.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #720
Thomkal
Head Coach

Packers release AJ Hawk

A.J. Hawk Released by Packers: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction | Bleacher Report

Bit of a surprise for me, but I don't follow the Packers enough to know how much he has left in the tank. If still in good shape physically, certainly would not mind seeing my beloved Cards going after him-they need to replace Washington pretty badly.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 PM   #721
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Lions released Reggie Bush. It was fun at times, but he hasn't done much the last couple of years and had a hard time staying healthy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #722
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Not really a fan of AP anymore, but I love seeing the NFL get toasted in court.

Last edited by stevew : 02-26-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #723
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dunno, but I'm going to be regularly refreshing worldstar, blacksportsonline and the likes to find out.

NFL Media releases 2011 Wal-Mart incident report involving Dez Bryant | ProFootballTalk
Old 02-27-2015, 07:42 AM   #724
Thomkal
Head Coach

Runaway llamas caught near Phoenix earn 1-year deals with Cardinals - CBSSports.com
Old 02-27-2015, 07:50 AM   #725
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Not really a fan of AP anymore, but I love seeing the NFL get toasted in court.

Yay for child abusers?
Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 AM   #726
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yay for child abusers?

It's certainly a switch in direction
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #727
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nicely played.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #728
Kodos
Resident Alien

It looks like his lawyer is whipping the NFL!
Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 AM   #729
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Lions aren't going to tag Suh (because of his prior salary, the tag would have been almost $27 mil against the cap). Will be interested to see the UFA interest he gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Packers release AJ Hawk

A.J. Hawk Released by Packers: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction | Bleacher Report

Bit of a surprise for me, but I don't follow the Packers enough to know how much he has left in the tank. If still in good shape physically, certainly would not mind seeing my beloved Cards going after him-they need to replace Washington pretty badly.
Hawk has been done physically for a few seasons. He is a very smart player and a great guy, so the Packers kept him last season to give him one more shot. By midseason, a 2nd year undrafted FA (Barrington) beat him out for the starting spot.

I really like the guy and he was always a pro in Green Bay (even after taking a paycut a few years back), but I can't see him being a key component at ILB any longer. He doesn't have the speed to cover, nor the size to be a big hitter.

Last edited by Arles : 03-02-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #730
Suicane75
Coordinator

whats the dealio on the eagles moving up? Really don't want them to mortage heavily on Mariota. Part of me wonders if they're aiming to steal Winston.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #731
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
whats the dealio on the eagles moving up? Really don't want them to mortage heavily on Mariota. Part of me wonders if they're aiming to steal Winston.

Is there a sense that Foles just isn't quite good enough?

When healthy, he put up pretty good numbers in that system. But I've not followed the Eagles closely enough to really have a sense of the situation.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:10 AM   #732
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

As a Giants fan I hope they do.

I think Mariotta is going to be the kind of guy who gets a coach fired.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #733
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Lions aren't going to tag Suh (because of his prior salary, the tag would have been almost $27 mil against the cap). Will be interested to see the UFA interest he gets.

Hawk has been done physically for a few seasons. He is a very smart player and a great guy, so the Packers kept him last season to give him one more shot. By midseason, a 2nd year undrafted FA (Barrington) beat him out for the starting spot.

I really like the guy and he was always a pro in Green Bay (even after taking a paycut a few years back), but I can't see him being a key component at ILB any longer. He doesn't have the speed to cover, nor the size to be a big hitter.

Thanks Arles! Pretty much what I thought, but had hoped there was still a little left in the tank for my beloved Cards to tap out.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #734
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Is there a sense that Foles just isn't quite good enough?

When healthy, he put up pretty good numbers in that system. But I've not followed the Eagles closely enough to really have a sense of the situation.

Dunno man, I'm happy with Foles, but a lot of the talk is that he's not the guy, either in Kellys eyes or the fans eyes. I guess we'll see come draft day. I think he's earned this year at least.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #735
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
As a Giants fan I hope they do.

I think Mariotta is going to be the kind of guy who gets a coach fired.

I'd doubt that, even if he ends up being a massive bust (which I also doubt). The hard-working good guys usually don't lead to that sort of result.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #736
QuikSand
lolzcat

McCown? Really, you're doing this, Browns? Didn't we talk about this?

*shakes head*
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #737
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I know the Chiefs put the tag on Houston, but I'd be shocked if they didn't work out a long-term deal with him. Valuable player and his comments indicate that he's motivated to sign and stay with KC over the long haul.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #738
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'd doubt that, even if he ends up being a massive bust (which I also doubt). The hard-working good guys usually don't lead to that sort of result.

I can easily see a situation where Chip trades up and mortgages the future, Mariotta is a bust, McCoy hits the downward slide, and they are in cap hell with no picks for depth 3 years later and Kelly bolts back to college before getting canned.

A guy can dream? Right?
Old 03-02-2015, 04:36 PM   #739
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I know the Chiefs put the tag on Houston, but I'd be shocked if they didn't work out a long-term deal with him. Valuable player and his comments indicate that he's motivated to sign and stay with KC over the long haul.

Not sure about this anymore since a) he's going to the NFLPA to get reclassified as a DE (for more money), and b) has stated that he won't sign the tag until he has to (game #10).

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 8m8 minutes ago (9:52 am)
Justin Houston will consult with NFLPA to decide whether to file grievance on whether he's a DE not an LB, per source.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 9m9 minutes ago (9:51 am)
Per league source, Justin Houston already is considering waiting until Week 10 to sign franchise tender to stay with Chiefs.

Last edited by Scarecrow : 03-02-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added proof of allegations
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #740
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
McCown? Really, you're doing this, Browns? Didn't we talk about this?

*shakes head*

Hey look at the bright side...they will be a lock to draft another top 10 CB next season.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #741
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ok, if you're the Raiders(or Jags or Browns) and are sitting on 50M+ of cap room, you gotta at least consider tendering a fat offer to Houston, right? After the draft especially.

You have a QB that you can feel comfortable with I'd guess. Maybe you can give up your pick for 2-3 Philly #1s so they get Mariota?

Worst case is you put a division mate in a serious bind.

Last edited by stevew : 03-02-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #742
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Shady McCoy traded to the Bills for Kiko Alonzo
Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM   #743
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Chris Polk getting his shot!
Old 03-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #744
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would love to see the Giants sign Suh then do what it takes to draft Danny Shelton. That would be sick n
Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #745
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Somewhat surprising the Pats franchised Gostkowski over McCourty. That all but assures McCourty will sign elsewhere with the weak safety FA and draft class. Still think Revis is a legitimate toss-up, but really hope we re-sign him. I don't think he'll be the type to take a team discount though, so we'll likely cut him and see what the market offers before deciding whether to match.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM   #746
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Shady McCoy traded to the Bills for Kiko Alonzo

Eagles and Bills swapping Rbs?
I wish.

SPiller would KILL in that Offense.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #747
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Like the Bills getting McCoy. Alonzo is a stud if he can come back healthy. Now where's Spiller off to?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #748
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, snap.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #749
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I would love to see the Giants sign Suh then do what it takes to draft Danny Shelton. That would be sick n

Dont think they have the cap space for Suh. Unless they cut Prince (only substantial salary they could cut without penalty, or JPP I guess).

But I like what I've seen of Hankins so far in the middle. I like guys like Shelton as well but probably have a bigger need to address.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #750
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
Dont think they have the cap space for Suh. Unless they cut Prince (only substantial salary they could cut without penalty, or JPP I guess).

But I like what I've seen of Hankins so far in the middle. I like guys like Shelton as well but probably have a bigger need to address.

Well I am a UW alum.....