Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #701
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmmm this episode is trying to be all beautiful mind but also part of "Frame of Mind" from Star Trek the NExt Generation. With the classic Riker line, "if that isn't a real phaser, what happened to Mavek!"

Oh yeah Total Recall too. I widsh they wouldn't have made this ep. I don't like it when they play with the "is it real/is it not real" question. Cause our answer as an audience is always "Well fuck I don't know. You fucking wrote it, you tell mw!'

Libby being in the mental hospital with him is pretty much saying that. THey are implying heavily this is all Hurley's dream which is as unsatisying as Patrick Duffy not really dying.

Creepy guy and his story of "not really typing in the numbers". Damnit that sucks. JOhn is so easily messed with.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-26-2012 at 01:12 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #702
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Episode 2-19: S.O.S.

So back when Kate was captured and Jack and Sawyer confronted the bearded guy and bearded guy brought forth fire from everywhere. I thought there was something scary and rather odd about that. That there was no harm done to anyone at all. I expected SOMETHING to happen. on both sides. And at the VERY least I would have thought Jack would have asked where walt was at least and why they took him.

THe whole thing seemed odd.

Then Claire finds the fake beard. Hmmm. Make up and theatrics.

So walking home the other day I bump my head lightly on a lamppost and the reason is because I"m thinking about Lost and realize. Hmmm wait! I kow. The weird bugeyed guy in the hatch IS the bearded guy. It totally fits.

His face is all dirty just like the bearded guy's face was dirty. And the beard really didn't seem to match his face but I noticed he had very bugeyes.

So the last episode where Jack and Kate go out to that place again and there's nothing there. Totally fits. A total Wizard of Oz curtain moment. THere's nothing there. There never WERE any guys. Just guy in a beard that is now in their hatch. Granted there WERE two other guys. Fine. BUt definitely doesn't have to be a lot of guys.. Just a few with expert knowledge of the hatches and machinery. He's also messing with Locke way too muych. I think he pressed the button. I'm sure they had to do that before and saw the heiroglyphics.

Then again, John had never seen the glowy map before. That and the blast doors so that's the only difference. But I'm not belieing anything Henry says at this point. I'm pretty convinced he is the bearded guy.

Oh yeah Michael came back so this episode I"m about to watch I can hear him say "Walt!" 20 more times.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 AM   #703
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Episode 2-20: Two for the Road

...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
jaw still dropped wide open!..............................

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-04-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #704
spleen1015
Coordinator

what happened?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #705
cschex
High School Varsity

Based on his comments, he finished the ep after Michael comes back.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #706
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex View Post
Based on his comments, he finished the ep after Michael comes back.

yup. the end of the ep is a real doozy, Michael suddenly kiling both analucia and libby. I know things aren't always what they seem on this show. But that ending was more contrived than any horror movie I've ever seen. They just spent a whole season building up the backstory of 3 new characters which replace 2 other characters they killed off because (theoretically) they weren't interesting enough. and suddenly they just COINCIDENTALLY kill TWO of them off at the SAME TIME???

I'm sorry but I have to call bullshit on JJ and Damon here. While the impact was huge, it was not satisfying in any way shape or form. Granted since this is a magic fairy island there may be some way they aren't dead.

To guess why Michael did that I see two possibilities....
1) Michael is brainwashed to kill those people specifically or was given some comand by the others to kill everyone or let the Other guy go free or whatever. Brainwashing is one of the more overdone (and one of the worst) drama plot devices I've seen especially in these types of shows.
2) Ana and Libby are actually others and Michael found something out about them. Granted then why did he apologize for killing them.

oh yes I forgot 3) Michael is an asshole and just kills them for random "Walt" reasons. They may have told him to do this or else they'd kioll Walt or something. If this is true then the group has ZERO I mean ZERO reasons left to keep Michael around and should point blank execute him with all 18 of sawyers guns! Every episode now Michael hurts someone and/or causes chaos/dissension/trip that gets them injured. Just KILL HIM! End of problem. Sure you can get Walt back but Michael as a character is no longer good.

I'm pretty pissed really. That was just bad.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #707
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You just feel for Hurley after that

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #708
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Episode 2-21: ?

Yeah John. Eko really needs you shouting his name at him repeatedly while he's trying to concentrate on climbing.

Circle marks the spot!

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #709
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

John got another hatch for Christmas...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #710
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ooooh a recliner, TV and video games!
Old 10-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #711
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 10-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #712
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

nice John. So if anybody's at centtral HQ, they know you are in the Pearl because you sent something up through the tube.

So John is no doubt going to spy on Jack Hope he sees Michael being an a-hole.

So looks like the button is indeed a psychological test.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #713
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
You just feel for Hurley after that

SI

well that was their plan yeah. But it was all too contrived for me to feel anything for anyone at this point. It was way too forced Shakespearean. The whole her getting the blankets for their date and walking into gunfire. I find it really annoying that they just kill off the characters they've just introduced and wasted this season bothering to tell us things about them. What is the frickin point? Did they suddenly decide they didn't like an idea they previously had and "decided to go another direction"? The whole thing was very sloppy. I'm beginning to see that one of the big bullet points of this show and its theme is that the more dangerous things are not the unknowns of that which is around you but the dangers lie within the group of people you are with. I mean all their injuries come from them shooting and beating each other up and falling off cliffs and things brought about by themselves. No one else has actually done anything to them.

So now we're down to Kate as the only thing pretty to look at, unless you count Sawyer

Incidently if it were JUST Ana dying by all that I think I would mind this less. But theyve even done the contrived thing of her saying "Michael" and then dying before continuing. There is nothing new here. Seen it a thousand times.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-28-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #714
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I never quite understood the Libby killing. IIRC, the Anna Lucia one was because Michelle Rodriguez couldn't keep from drinking and driving and kept getting arrested.

SI

Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #715
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I never quite understood the Libby killing. IIRC, the Anna Lucia one was because Michelle Rodriguez couldn't keep from drinking and driving and kept getting arrested.

SI

huh? Really? Never knew that
Old 10-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #716
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Sincerely hope that bitch doesn't stay on the series long. IF so this is the beginning of downhill

Sheesh they FINALLY were making headway with the Shannon character and this happens.

I guess I got my wish....
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #717
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:

SI

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #718
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ah, both got caught doing the same. D'oh. I guess I never heard about (um, actress who played Libby) as she was lower profile than Rodriguez. I wasn't watching Lost as it was showing initially except at the very end so I didn't keep with a lot of that

SI

Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #719
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

ha! Wow!

Nice timeline here...

"Lost" Girls Arrested For DUI | The Smoking Gun
Lost's Michelle Rodriguez Goes to Jail - Michelle Rodriguez : People.com
Michelle Rodriguez Booted Out Of Jail Already
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #720
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ana Lucia Cortez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The development paragraph...

"In February 2005, Lost producers began looking for a Latina woman in her mid-thirties who would be the leader of the tail section, and a romantic interest for Jack. Michelle Rodriguez's agent called the producers, informing them Rodriguez was interested in the role, but only for a year. Rodriguez, producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, and Lost creator J. J. Abrams met, and Rodriguez explained she would only be interested in one season because she was a "nomadic spirit", but would like to do one wicked arc."

The writing of how all this went down totally smacks of this. Smacks of a planned ending for this character. Yet I think they shot themselves in the foot by even bothering having her on the show. She wasn't very likable. And there just seems to be an emptiness in having almost all of the tailsection people die so quickly. Makes you thik that there wasn't much of a purpose having them on the show to begin with.

The producers liked her energy, so agreed, with the plan to kill Ana Lucia at the end of the season.[19]

She does have good energy, but again not likable enough. And too "stock character". I found her mother MUCH more interesting to watch.

"Rodriguez felt she had been typecast in tough female roles, so wanted this role to be different. Ana Lucia was planned to start as a tough character, because that is what the audience would expect, then the layers of the character would be gradually peeled back"

Well that's her own fault. It's called n actor's "bag of tricks" and she seemed to have a very limited one. Granted if you keep getting cast as the same, you want to keep working. Thus the catch-22. I do agree that the layers did peel and you saw moments of regret and slowly building of relationships with other characters.

Rodriguez described Ana Lucia as an "animalistic type creature... tamed by the Island. They reconstructed the character slightly to fit what they liked about Rodriguez, such as making her more "street smart" with a "speak-her-mind quality.

All Rodriguez was told about her character was both she and her mother were in the police force. Ana Lucia's style of leadership deliberately contrasts Jack's; Jack is a reluctant leader, whereas Ana Lucia quickly takes charge on her own.

Her relationship with her mother, the police chief, I found fascinating. I didn't feel Ana was a leader though. Just a bully.

"The producers found Ana Lucia to be an unsympathetic character, so Libby was killed at the same time to create an emotional impact."

This is a total horseshit reason to kill off a DIFFERENT character. Absolute doubletalk. You don't remove characters just when they are starting to be interesting unless it's like Charlie Sheen. And I return to what I said before. The killing of both of them at the same time was so contrived that it absolutely had no emotional impact whatsoever to me as far as them dying. The impact was all about Michael suddenly just kiling people.

"The producers also denied she was killed off because of Rodriguez's behaviour on set, saying although they had no interaction with her, they had been told she had been professional. Rodriguez felt comfortable on the series, but was happy to leave as she felt this would help her grow personally, and become a woman. She had mixed feelings about leaving Hawaii, where Lost is filmed; her allergies were hard to deal with, but she loved the scenery."

Poor planning by everyone I think. Rodriguez should have stayed on the show really. I think her character would have gotten better. Already started a separate love triangle between Kate and Sawyer. Well actually a Square now adding Jack.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #721
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to think of characters from the tail section who survived the second season

SI

Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #722
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm trying to think of characters from the tail section who survived the second season

SI

CF, DON'T read this spoiler!!!

Spoiler
Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #723
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I was going to have CF tell me since he'd have a good hand on it.

SI

Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #724
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I was going to have CF tell me since he'd have a good hand on it.

SI

Well I think I have 2 episodes left of the second season but it looks like only Mr Emo and Bernard left. But as I said they still have 2 eps left to pointlessly have someone shoot them. Granted they can always die between seasons and have the characters in season 3 say "oh by the way. Eko ate some bad fish then broke his leg, then fell off a cliff, then Kate accidently shot him in the head yesterday. We buried him already. Let's all be sad."
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #725
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Well I think I have 2 episodes left of the second season but it looks like only Mr Emo and Bernard left. But as I said they still have 2 eps left to pointlessly have someone shoot them. Granted they can always die between seasons and have the characters in season 3 say "oh by the way. Eko ate some bad fish then broke his leg, then fell off a cliff, then Kate accidently shot him in the head yesterday. We buried him already. Let's all be sad."

Which leg? You have it all right if you pick the right one.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #726
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Which leg? You have it all right if you pick the right one.

Actually I should have said he broke his spleen
Old 10-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #727
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Rose and Bernard are a cute couple

SI

Old 10-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #728
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

ha I accidently said Mr Emo instead of Eko above...but....same difference
Old 10-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #729
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Episode 2-22: Three Minutes

FUCK YEAH Sayid! Fuck YEAH Sawyer! Tell Jack to go FUCK himself!
Jack just can't resist walking into traps even when Michael acts as suspicious as he can.

Tell Michael to fuck himself too.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-04-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #730
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think Sayid knows something is up. Sayid is the least stupid person on this island and has the best read on everybody.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #731
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL!!!!!!!!! Vince playing fetch with Heroine Mary! HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #732
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently I bet Harold Perrineau didn't need anyone to help him with his lines.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #733
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Attaway Sayid! Figure things out! I knew you'd do it!

Incidently doesn't Sun have just the prettiest wide eyes you've ever seen?
Old 10-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #734
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Incidently doesn't Sun have just the prettiest wide eyes you've ever seen?

YES!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #735
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Episode 2-23 & 24: Live Together Die Alone Part 1 & 2

Eko has joined my list of totally annoying obnoxious characters.

I really like Desmond especially the Desmond/Locke interactions. Nice to have someone around that knows a little more about what's going on. I'm storming through the 2 part finale. Michael's been exposed.
Gonna be interesting but I can't hope for any other ending than Michael gets shot and Eko blows up at this point.

I think the moral of this whole series is "Stop being such a stubborn asshole and stop holding secrets that might prevent someone from getting hurt."

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-04-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #736
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

HA! OMG the tubes from the Pearl sitting out on the island. I really hope Jack just goes barbarian on their ass. With some Sayid torture too.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:12 AM   #737
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmm expected more from the season 2 finale.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #738
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Glad John finally DIDN'T press the button. Michael has sold his soul. PLEASE someone shoot him. Maybe Walt will do it. Have a slight feeling we won't see Michael and Walt again in season 3. Maybe in a flash forawrd. OH yeah season 3 is next. And that's where I heard this show just goes wrong until it gets back on track.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:34 AM   #739
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well the nice thing is they aren't carrying on with the exact same concepts for the entire show....They muddled about the hatch for a season and then moved on INTO the hatch.

They muddled about the button all of season 2...and now the button is no more. So obviously they will be spending season 3 doing other stuff. Dealing with The Others I guess. I'm surprised they didn't do ANYTHING with Sayid and Jin and SUn doing something. I think that's why the finale just fell down kinda.

Already don't like Madame Cleo. Wanna stuff something in her mouth. Then again she has a good "Disney Evil Queen" vibe to her.

Very interesting btw that Desmond's girlfriend is looking for him. And has found him. The thought that Michael is "gonna get away". Hmmm. I don't think I believe them. Although the other part of me thinks that's just them getting rid of 2 more characters.

Also surprised Walt didn't say ANYthing to Michael about Jack/Sawyer/Kate.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #740
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

IIRC, Season 3 was quite strong with only a couple of clunker episodes but there is some frustration as the curtain is pulled back on the Others. That said, you reach the end of season 3 and in the finale, everything changes.

SI

Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #741
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

just realized reading over the imdb cast list that Analucia's mother was Rachel Ticotin! From Total Recall and Falling Down (and even Gargoyles)!
Nice!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #742
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

There's a name from the past: Gargoyles. Hard to believe that was Disney

SI

Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #743
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Not hard at all considering how cute and fluffy they made even stone statues look. Plus it had Jonathan Frakes and Ernest Borgnine. COme on....how offensive could those two get...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 AM   #744
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Done inserting all season 1 episode labels in place in my posts. Will start the season 2 ones when I"ve had pancakes.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #745
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay all season 2 names and titles attached to the areas I was talking about them. Obviously some eps I didn't have much to say. Maybe I"ll rectify that someday. ANyway for those who were confused where I was and wanted to comment, now you can
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #746
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Incidently is there anyone who has a good interview source as to why certain plots went a certain way and especially why certain characters were SUDDENLY written out of the show? THe 1st and 2nd seasons were FULL of this with Shannon and Boone and MIchael and Walt and the "Tailies". Looking for behind the scenes reasons.