Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Lost: Season 1 & 2 Discussions

on tonight espisode , why jack look upset, he had a key in his hand.

i miss the first part of the show

thANKS

Last edited by jbmagic : 09-21-2005 at 09:18 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The key was to the suitcase that had some of the girls personal belongings in it(several 9mm pistols) that her marshall was traveling with. She was afraid that if someone else opened it, that they would also learn about her felony past. www.televisionwithoutpity.com has good summaries if you miss something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Oh thanks Steve. I have to go to that website. I love Lost but haven't been able to watch the last couple of weeks because my mom has to watch West Wing or another stupid show. I need to find a station that shows reruns so i can catch up.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl
Oh thanks Steve. I have to go to that website. I love Lost but haven't been able to watch the last couple of weeks because my mom has to watch West Wing or another stupid show. I need to find a station that shows reruns so i can catch up.

You might actually be in luck. The two weeks before tonight were re-runs. Depending on how many weeks you missed, you might not have missed a thing.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:36 PM   #5
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Tonight was the first new show i missed then. Sweet. But that website didn't help me much. Hopefully i can catch up just by watching next week's show
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:51 PM   #6
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Tonight was the first new show i missed then. Sweet. But that website didn't help me much. Hopefully i can catch up just by watching next week's show

My recap of this week's episode:

*******SPOLIERS!!!!!!***********

The girl (the convict one who's name is escaping me) and the Sawyer (asshole southerner) find some bodies in a waterfall/pool area. She finds a metal suitcase in the water, and they retrieve. Sawyer takes the suitcase (being his usual ass self). She tries stealing it back multiple times unsuccessfully, and is obviously after whatever is in the suitcase.

She eventually enlists Jack's help telling him that their are 4 guns and ammo inside the case, and she's worried he'll eventually get it open (he's been trying throughout the episode). Jack knows there is more in the case than guns, and promises to help her on the condition that they open the case together, because he's tired of her lying.

They have to dig up the body of the marshall to retreive the key (he wasn't burned like the others, but buried by Jack after they were "forced" to kill him earlier in the series). The girl tries to steal the key without Jack noticing, and pretends as if it wasn't on the body. Jack knows she is full of shit, and takes the key.

He gets the case from Sawyer by threatening to stop giving him the medicene to avoid an arm infection (where Sayed stabbed him a few episodes back).

The girls backstory reveals that she was involved in an intricate bank robbery plot and shot (and maybe killed) 2-3 of her co-criminals when one of them went against thier initial plans (not to hurt any employees).

While sort of breaking up the robbery, she forces the manager to open a safe deposit box. She opens the box and their is an envelope inside.

Cut back to the island.

They open the suitcase and there are indeed 4 guns inside, and an envelope labeled 'Personal Effects.' Jack hand over the envelope and she opens it, pulling out a very small toy plane (like die-cast metal or something).

When Jack asks her what it's about she says "It belonged to the man I loved."

When he says shes still lying and keeps asking her she says "It belonged to the man I killed."

She starts cyring, he walks off with the case (and guns), end of episode.

The only minor subplots are Charlie being really depressed about the disappearance of Claire (pregnant girl), and the useless blonde bimbo helping Sayed translate some French on the papers he stole from Russo (the stranded French women who's distress signal is being transmitted). The translation turned out to be basically nonsense, as they were just lyrics to a song.

This was probably one of the most focused episodes, as the subplots were very, very minor. It was all about the girl and her story.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:00 AM   #7
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

What the hell does her brother know anyways? The bimbo would provide me with a ton of entertainment.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:01 AM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
What the hell does her brother know anyways? The bimbo would provide me with a ton of entertainment.

She is worthless though, and a total bitch.

She;d better start working or start getting slutty.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:11 AM   #9
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
She is worthless though, and a total bitch.

She;d better start working or start getting slutty.

Bah, everyone is so fucking uptight there. Haven't you see The Beach? It's all fun and games there - it's "paradise". *cue the techno music*

Wait, I forgot about those two Swedes and the part where those four kids get gunned down by the "farmers" and well.. a whole hell of a lot more.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #10
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, their summary of the last episode of The OC sucked as well.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I still don't know what the hell was up with that plane. My wife thought it was her son's toy plane....not her "boyfriend's" plane.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #12
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My wife watches this religiously, and I've only caught bits and pieces as I surf the net, but I have one question - did Matthew McConnaughey trademark himself, and if so, can he sue the guy who plays Sawyer?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

It is a reality show... they will find out in season two.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:16 AM   #14
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I thought someone had lost their TV...

Last edited by vex : 01-06-2005 at 07:16 AM.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
My wife watches this religiously, and I've only caught bits and pieces as I surf the net, but I have one question - did Matthew McConnaughey trademark himself, and if so, can he sue the guy who plays Sawyer?
I think he looks more like Don Johnson than Matthew McConnaughey.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 01-06-2005 at 08:40 AM. Reason: pix won't show up for some reason
Old 01-06-2005, 08:40 AM   #16
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I think it's the combination of his looks plus his southern stylings.

Although, from the red x pics above, all three look pretty much identical.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #17
jbmagic
Pro Starter

why did they stop looking for the pregnant woman?
Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 AM   #18
moriarty
College Starter

I'm leaning toward Don Johson on this one.

Kinda lame that they didn't even discuss the possibility of looking for the pregnant woman. I mean how big of an island can it be?? Maybe if the doc wasn't so preoccupied with getting into the woman's briefs ... er briefcase.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #19
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

am I the only one who thought "how can this guy lose his TV???"?

FM
Old 01-06-2005, 09:49 AM   #20
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty

Kinda lame that they didn't even discuss the possibility of looking for the pregnant woman. I mean how big of an island can it be?? Maybe if the doc wasn't so preoccupied with getting into the woman's briefs ... er briefcase.

Would you concentrate on bedding a hottie who was WAY into you, or search through a hot jungle for some woman who has little interest in you, and would require way too much effort to have sex with anyway?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #21
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Would you concentrate on bedding a hottie who was WAY into you, or search through a hot jungle for some woman who has little interest in you, and would require way too much effort to have sex with anyway?

I would be after the blonde swimsuit girl who speaks French first.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

DId you miss the part where the bimbo mentioned that the brother and Locke have been out searching for her all-day everyday?
Old 01-06-2005, 12:06 PM   #23
rkmsuf
Head Coach

hope they don't kill off the cheesecake next week. looked like the bimbo gets picked up by the thing

she's purdy
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM   #24
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I hope she does die as she's an incredibly annoying character. The thought of sitting through an episode of her backstory is painful to me.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #25
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I hope she does die as she's an incredibly annoying character. The thought of sitting through an episode of her backstory is painful to me.

I find Kate the most annoying of the whole group. I really can't stand her and could give a crap about her backstory.

The bimbo is annoying as well but maybe not as much since there has been less of her.

She is purdy though.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #26
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
DId you miss the part where the bimbo mentioned that the brother and Locke have been out searching for her all-day everyday?

Nah, saw that. But why wouldn't the Doc be spending his time organizing a search party or something. The last episode he was fenatic about following them even when they threatened to kill someone. And he's always been the 'leader' of any effort.

This episode he was more interested in the briefcase. Didn't really seem to fit his character that he would just leave it up to Locke and that other dork.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:19 PM   #27
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari

Dola,

Good point!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:20 PM   #28
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Supposedly the backstory of the brother and sister is coming up in a couple of weeks and is supposed to be incredibly surprising.

For those of you who missed the show, and have a broadband connection, just hit up one of the torrent sites -- Lost was up within an hour or so of airing.

I've started using my torrent client and an RSS plugin as sort of a mini-DVR. There are a few shows that air at the same time as other shows I TiVo (West Wing gets bumped by Alias, Veronica Mars by Scrubs), so I just grab the torrents. Works pretty well.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #29
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Nah, saw that. But why wouldn't the Doc be spending his time organizing a search party or something. The last episode he was fenatic about following them even when they threatened to kill someone. And he's always been the 'leader' of any effort.

This episode he was more interested in the briefcase. Didn't really seem to fit his character that he would just leave it up to Locke and that other dork.

My theory is that Locke does not want to leave the island at all. He might just lead the search in circles. He can walk now and is living his dream and has nothing to go back to. I can see him wanting things to remain as they are. I can see him sabotaging any rescue or discovery efforts.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #30
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
My theory is that Locke does not want to leave the island at all. He might just lead the search in circles. He can walk now and is living his dream and has nothing to go back to. I can see him wanting things to remain as they are. I can see him sabotaging any rescue or discovery efforts.

Quite possible. He's certainly gained the most on the island.

***potential spoilers***

Also, the preview for next week looks like it has him actively trying to stop the 'brother' from telling the rest of the group about that discovery they made (seemingly some sort of hatch that leads somewhere).
Old 01-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #31
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentralMassHokie
Supposedly the backstory of the brother and sister is coming up in a couple of weeks

Its in the plot summary for next week.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #32
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

great. I'm sure we'll get some shocking explanation for why the girl is such a selfish brat.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #33
CentralMassHokie
High School JV

Quote:
great. I'm sure we'll get some shocking explanation for why the girl is such a selfish brat.

She used to be a man.
CentralMassHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #34
jamesUMD
High School JV

Paris Hilton!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #35
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

so who's watching the o.c. tonight?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:23 PM   #36
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Bah, everyone is so fucking uptight there. Haven't you see The Beach? It's all fun and games there - it's "paradise". *cue the techno music*

Wait, I forgot about those two Swedes and the part where those four kids get gunned down by the "farmers" and well.. a whole hell of a lot more.

not to mention that civilization was only a short ride away.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #37
Kodos
Resident Alien

I haven't read the rest of the thread, but you might want to check behind the couch if your TV is still lost. Or perhaps it was stolen?
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 10:59 PM   #38
jbmagic
Pro Starter

anybody watch tonight episode..

oh what a shocker at the end? Damn Josh for what he did...he cause it

and i cant beleive the sister and brother on the flashback was kissing and doing it ..

were they really brother and sister?

and why did Josh the bald head man tie both of them up ?

and why there not doing a search for the pregant woman?
Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 PM   #39
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
were they really brother and sister?

This was explained when he was talking to the police officer about his sister, they're step brother and sister, their parents married when he was 10 and she was 8.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:49 AM   #40
Pyser
Pro Rookie

my tivo cut off the end, just when he was talking to locke. i know locke said he drugged him...did i miss anything else?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 12:52 AM   #41
jbmagic
Pro Starter

locke ask him how he felt when he tought his half sister was dead, and the brother said he felt relief
Old 01-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #42
rkmsuf
Head Coach

but she's not really dead. cheesecake lives on.

what a little bitch she is on this show.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:29 AM   #43
moriarty
College Starter

That's twice I was hoping someone was really dead and they've 'come back'.

Grrr....
Old 01-13-2005, 01:23 PM   #44
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i just cant believe they stop looking for the pregant woman

and they have not mention or are worry about that man that took her..

Last edited by jbmagic : 01-13-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #45
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i suppose they covered that by almost killing charlie...threatening to kill anyone who tries and finds her.

but yes, it is weak that they just gave up on her like that.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:26 PM   #46
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i just cant believe they stop looking for the pregant woman

It's perfect. Now they don't have to deal with birthing scenes and when they find her...viola, instant kid.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #47
QuikSand
lolzcat

The show clearly has bitten off more than it can comfortably chew here. In the interests of having "enough going on" we now have plot lines that come to a screeching halt (i.e. Claire's disappearance) when they feel they need to move on to something else.

I think it requires a pretty substantial "suspension of disbelief" to stay on board, but most of us seem to be willing to do so. With a show like this, I think you do yourself a disservice to try to connect the "logic" of everything that happens. Sure, we want to care about how things work out, but if the script takes us in unusual directions -- so be it.

Don't worry if every backstory has a crazy twist (which it will). Don't worry if the biggest deal in episode X is basically forgotten by episode X+1 (which it will). Just sit back and enjoy the show. It's television, that's their only goal here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 09:17 AM   #48
moriarty
College Starter

I hear what you're saying, but I've got a bad feeling this is another Twin Peaks. Starts off with alot of mystery and intrigue, leaves you hoping each week that a little more will be revealed.

And then 3 years later, what they have 'revealed' is less than satisfying, the writing becomes stale, and they just cancel the whole big mess and hope you go watch a crappy movie at the theatres to tie things up.

But still ... I'm watching.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #49
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
The show clearly has bitten off more than it can comfortably chew here. In the interests of having "enough going on" we now have plot lines that come to a screeching halt (i.e. Claire's disappearance) when they feel they need to move on to something else.

Totally agree. They only briefly mention the hobbit's drug addiction this week, although that was a pretty big plotline for his back story. The Matrix dude and his kid and dog has not progressed whatsoever (although it looks like it might next week). I also don't like how Jack and Kate are just talking like it's another episode...no ramifications from last week at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I think it requires a pretty substantial "suspension of disbelief" to stay on board, but most of us seem to be willing to do so. With a show like this, I think you do yourself a disservice to try to connect the "logic" of everything that happens. Sure, we want to care about how things work out, but if the script takes us in unusual directions -- so be it.
The "suspension of disbelief" is an understatement. While I like to have unexplained things going on and possible dangling plotlines, I also like things to make sense...or at least make sense or begin to make sense within a couple of episodes. This show is beginning to lose me.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM   #50
Anthony
Banned

i've since substituted Lost for The O.C. as my show of choice to watch with the wife. one thing that dawned on me is that for the most part these actors aren't gonna be able to change their hairstyles all the much. their hair can only get longer from this point out. my wife pointed out they found razors for off the wreckage, which is cool, but eventually razors go dull. these people are gonna have to walk around like wooly mammoths if this show gets to its 3rd year. anyway...

i'm not very thrilled at what the show is evolving into. i thought it would have worked as a modern "Gilligan's Island". the sci-fi element was a nice curve ball, but it seems as if there's a monster on the island. ho-hum. the show has devolved from being about "how are all these people going to survive the island...and each other" to "what the hell is up with the island". i watch now only to find out what the story is with the hatch and the "monster". i think this show will be more about finding out the answers to all the mysteries than wanting it to be one of those shows you just don't want to end, like Sopranos and Friends (not that i watched Friends, i do watch Soprano's).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote