Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2023, 01:07 PM   #751
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
many will be surprised with russell wilson's stats this season. go check it.

how do you play with that OL? he's been sacked 55 times last season and is on pace for 50+ again.

A lot of his stats have been padded in garage time at end of games.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 01:12 PM   #752
thesloppy
Pro Starter

He's got a 12-4 TD to INT ratio and a 99 rating, but they've lost 5 out of 6 games they've played.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 01:14 PM   #753
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Or down 50 points.

The OL might not be great, but a lot of the sacks are totally on him. Or, he gets sacked but compounds it with a fumble or throwing the ball up for an INT.

Like on the 4th down on their first drive last night, he scrambled out to the right... where no routes were being run and he's lost 5 steps so that was a sack because he couldn't even think fast enough to just throw the ball down field to save a couple yards of field position.

He sucks. He has lost 75% of what made him great. I can't answer why he seemingly lost it overnight in connection with the trade, but it's some simple stuff. Not getting plays in on time. We all laughed at Hackett for not being an in-game manager, well guess what? Payton is having some of the same problems. There's one common denominator.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 01:28 PM   #754
Jstraub
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Or down 50 points.

The OL might not be great, but a lot of the sacks are totally on him. Or, he gets sacked but compounds it with a fumble or throwing the ball up for an INT.

Like on the 4th down on their first drive last night, he scrambled out to the right... where no routes were being run and he's lost 5 steps so that was a sack because he couldn't even think fast enough to just throw the ball down field to save a couple yards of field position.

He sucks. He has lost 75% of what made him great. I can't answer why he seemingly lost it overnight in connection with the trade, but it's some simple stuff. Not getting plays in on time. We all laughed at Hackett for not being an in-game manager, well guess what? Payton is having some of the same problems. There's one common denominator.

Pete Carrol must be a helluva coach

Frankly, I've always thought Wilson overachieved, for an extended period of time, in Seattle. He is finally showing what I thought he was from the time he came out of Wisconsin. A short QB that cant make all the throws.

But now his prior success has himself and all around him believing that he is something he is not.

QB decline usually ( TB notwithstanding) happens fast. Perhaps faster with guys who relied on their legs and agility.
Jstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 02:10 PM   #755
Ksyrup

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-13-2023, 02:32 PM   #756
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
More than sucksmit is 84 million which they can spread over two years. Overcap shows they are already 12.5 million over the cap for 2024 season so they will need to find $55 million. A new shiny QB is not going to do it. They should have been drafting lineman the past 8 years and fix this line.

How much better off would they be if they had drafted Josh Allen when they had a chance? 3 first round picks they wouldn't have had to waste on Russell and Payton.

If they lose to Green Bay, maybe even if they win, there is a good chance they blow it up. Hitting rock bottom and starting over isn't the worst idea for them at this point.
Old 10-13-2023, 03:43 PM   #757
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
How much better off would they be if they had drafted Josh Allen when they had a chance? 3 first round picks they wouldn't have had to waste on Russell and Payton.

If they lose to Green Bay, maybe even if they win, there is a good chance they blow it up. Hitting rock bottom and starting over isn't the worst idea for them at this point.

Well if we are playing that game if they hadn’t been dumb and gone after Tebow and instead had drafted Mahomes. Allen would have been killed behind their line. Justin Fields too. They,would have been better keeping all their draft picks instead of getting Russ and Payton. Also Broncos aren’t a team Caleb Williams wants to play for. He had a list or his Dad did that listed 6 teams.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-13-2023 at 03:45 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 09:45 AM   #758
Ksyrup

Titans suck. If the Bengals turn it around, that blowout loss is going to haunt them. Tannehill's had way longer a career than anyone would have thought, but this is the end, you have to think.
Old 10-15-2023, 10:15 AM   #759
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Heading to the Falcons game. I really need Washington to play poorly so it will be a good time. This will be my wife's first ever NFL game.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 10:44 AM   #760
Ksyrup

On the flipside, Ravens are disappointing. Titans D is good but yeesh.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:07 AM   #761
bronconick
College Starter

Willis over Levis when Tannehill got hurt. Interesting.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 11:17 AM   #762
Ksyrup

Eh. Fourth quarter of a winnable game against a very good defense. I'd take the guy with NFL experience and mobility in this situation. I also thought I didn't hear very good things about Levis during training camp, but I don't recall if that's correct.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:23 AM   #763
bronconick
College Starter

Levis must be awful, because Willis was dogshit last season.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:37 AM   #764
Ksyrup

You are right because Willis is not only not good but he has no game sense. Like, multiple negative plays (some negated by penalties) that could have easily been avoided.
Old 10-15-2023, 11:39 AM   #765
tzach
High School JV

malik willis is a sense rush = 0 QB lol
tzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #766
Ksyrup

I don't know how you give the guy another NFL snap, honestly. If they had recovered the onsides kick I would have put Levis in (if that's allowed under the new rule).

I get trying to make something happen, but throw the ball away. And also the play on the sideline where instead of going out he fought for 2 more meaningless yards in bounds was inexcusable. Even if it was negated by penalty.
Old 10-15-2023, 12:21 PM   #767
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I get trying to make something happen, but throw the ball away. And also the play on the sideline where instead of going out he fought for 2 more meaningless yards in bounds was inexcusable. Even if it was negated by penalty.

This play was so bad. Quarterbacks in particular are generally expected to have this kind of situational awareness. Also, it wouldn't have been negated by penalty if he just went out of bounds. That penalty came very late in that play.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 01:50 PM   #768
Atocep
Coordinator

Fields back to looking like hot garbage against a defense that isn't in the bottom 2.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 01:59 PM   #769
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Stroud looking more mature than a rookie

Saints offense looking like garbage. O-line is horrible, and everything flows from that.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 02:10 PM   #770
Atocep
Coordinator

Fields is out and Tyson Bagent is in. He had a fumble returned for a TD on a play where he was hit as he tried to step up and throw. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to react to a QB that doesn't run around for 5+ seconds and then take a sack on nearly every play.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:15 PM   #771
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I thought Nate Peterman was the backup
Old 10-15-2023, 02:18 PM   #772
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I thought Nate Peterman was the backup

Peterman lost his job in the preseason. Bagent has been the backup since week 1. He's an interesting qb. Undrafted kid from Shepherd U in WV that broke all sorts of records. Average arm, but quick decision maker and an accurate arm. The jump in competition though is steep as a rookie though.

EDIT: The original plan was to stash him on the practice squad this year, but he played well enough in the preseason that there was no way he was making it to the practice squad without someone picking him up.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-15-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:22 PM   #773
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"Average arm but quick decision maker" is the new hotness in the NFL
Old 10-15-2023, 02:37 PM   #774
Atocep
Coordinator

It took Bagent less than a quarter of play to throw for more yards, have more 1st downs, and score more points than Fields had in 2+ quarters today.
Old 10-15-2023, 02:52 PM   #775
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
It took Bagent less than a quarter of play to throw for more yards, have more 1st downs, and score more points than Fields had in 2+ quarters today.

And right as I was about to be impressed, he throws a terrible pick.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 02:57 PM   #776
bhlloy
Coordinator

Not sure it’s possible to be as anti-clutch as Ridder has been in the last few minutes here.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 02:57 PM   #777
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
And right as I was about to be impressed, he throws a terrible pick.

I'm still impressed considering he's a D2 guy getting his first NFL action. That throw was probably the right decision, given the situation, and that matchup on the outside. That throw was ugly though.

Getsy clearly looks more comfortable calling plays for Bagent and the ball actually moved down the field rather than just stalling repeatedly.

Still need to draft the best option between Williams and Maye.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-15-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2023, 03:01 PM   #778
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

seriously neither the bengals nor the seahawks deserve to have 3 wins and whichever makes it to the playoffs will be a nonfactor
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 03:02 PM   #779
GrantDawg

Of the course the game I am at is the one the Falcons are going to find special ways to suck.

Old 10-15-2023, 03:04 PM   #780
Ksyrup

I had 5 winnable games in my salary cap league and Seahawks, Falcons, and Saints all had multiple chances to tie or win and couldn't do either.
Old 10-15-2023, 03:05 PM   #781
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I had 5 winnable games in my salary cap league and Seahawks, Falcons, and Saints all had multiple chances to tie or win and couldn't do either.

I really swore seattle was going to win that game multiple times over. It takes a special kind of bad to fail that much
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 03:12 PM   #782
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Oof. Terrible call extending that Browns drive.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 03:44 PM   #783
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm still impressed considering he's a D2 guy getting his first NFL action. That throw was probably the right decision, given the situation, and that matchup on the outside. That throw was ugly though.

Getsy clearly looks more comfortable calling plays for Bagent and the ball actually moved down the field rather than just stalling repeatedly.

Still need to draft the best option between Williams and Maye.
Quick observations:
  1. Getsy is still a bad play caller.
  2. It doesn't look like Bagent has a good NFL arm. Makes decent reads but I've seen enough. Reminds me too much of Steve Walsh.
  3. Lucas Patrick has been taking lessons from Whitehead on snapping from the shotgun.
  4. Fields is Fields. Just a slow processor, like a Pentium I in a world of Ryzen 9s.
  5. NO MORE QBs from UNC.
  6. Jury is in on Poles -- FA signings terrible; 2023 draft might be ok, but not great. Should have taken a center instead of the D-line projects. Don't really trust him going forward.
Old 10-15-2023, 04:17 PM   #784
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Bucs creamsicles are super sweet, and they should go back to them fulltime
Old 10-15-2023, 05:06 PM   #785
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Lions run those little WR bubbles so well.
Old 10-15-2023, 05:54 PM   #786
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Down by 14
10 minutes left
4th and short

And the Bucs punt

I hate coaching to lose by less
Old 10-15-2023, 06:23 PM   #787
GrantDawg

The things I learned at the Falcons game were that Mr. T and Emmanuel Lewis are still alive

Old 10-15-2023, 06:31 PM   #788
Ksyrup

What a terrible pass by Hurts but why would the Jets score that quickly? Sit down at the 2. They gave you the TD because they wanted the ball as quickly as possible.
Old 10-15-2023, 06:37 PM   #789
Jas_lov
College Starter

That was one of the dumbest interceptions I've ever seen. If Hurts just slides they'd only have about a minute to get in fg range.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 06:38 PM   #790
stevew
Hall Of Famer

First time jets have beat the eagles….ever?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 06:50 PM   #791
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Def did not expect the Jets to win that one
Old 10-15-2023, 06:56 PM   #792
Kodos
Resident Alien

The Jets definitely tried to give away the gift victory from Hurts.
Old 10-15-2023, 06:57 PM   #793
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Hurts pick and then the inability to make yards afterwards cost me a fantasy win this week.

Wheee.
Old 10-15-2023, 07:00 PM   #794
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
First time jets have beat the eagles….ever?

Yeah that seems hard to believe, and I definitely would have not picked them or the team with the 3rd string QB to be the ones to knock out the last of the undefeated teams. Been a wacky season so far,
Old 10-15-2023, 07:09 PM   #795
Atocep
Coordinator

Did Eli Manning make the prime time schedule for the NFL this year?
Old 10-15-2023, 08:03 PM   #796
miami_fan
Coordinator

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2023, 08:29 PM   #797
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Tyrod playing like this really makes you wonder if paying Daniel Jones $40 million/year ever made sense.

Like Jones is probably better. But not so much better that you cripple your cap to pay him that.
Old 10-15-2023, 08:50 PM   #798
bronconick
College Starter

Justin Pugh getting signed to the practice squad, then starting tonight at Guard. His intro for the SNF lineup-

“Justin Pugh: Straight off the couch.”

Old 10-15-2023, 09:01 PM   #799
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Tyrod playing like this really makes you wonder if paying Daniel Jones $40 million/year ever made sense.

Like Jones is probably better. But not so much better that you cripple your cap to pay him that.

I'm not really sure he's better. Tyrod, throughout his career, has been a statistically better qb in nearly every way and just watching this game they're able to open the offense up a bit because Taylor can push the ball down the field when needed.
Old 10-15-2023, 09:04 PM   #800
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That was embarrassing