Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #8751
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Here's the thing though I really really really don't care for Trump. I just think this Russia thing is a lot of bitching about nothing, in fact a lot of bitching about what our CIA has done across the world to both foe and friend for years. And this is important because the continued media coverage is emboldening Trump's supporters (and in turn GOP leaning voters) and to be honest they aren't wrong. It is Whitewater, Halliburton, Obama's birth certificate... but some of you guys all so left leaning that you think it's different. It's not. Nothing will come of it, nothing. Why show the magazine cover? Because this is what it is like when we really don't care. This is what it is like when (ironically) Clinton's admin meddles in foreign elections. It's only different because you guys are mad about the election and think Russia (and not a shitty candidate who screwed over Bernie Sanders) is why you lost.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #8752
digamma
Torchbearer

You have a lot of stuff going on in that post. Let me offer a few reactions.

1. On the CIA having done this stuff in other countries. Sure, of course. I think a freeway analogy is best. When I'm in a lane and you're in the lane that merges in to it and you cut me off, I'm going to honk at you because you cut me off. If I'm the one merging and I stay in the merging lane an extra 20 or 30 cars and then merge in, that's just good driving.

2. I think you're creating a false parallel on Whitewater, Haliburton and the birth certificate. Maybe Whitewater is comparable, and I'll get back to that in a second, but in the case of Obama's birth certificate, we didn't have evidence of a meeting with Michelle Obama and an emissary of the Kenyan government talking about how to fix Obama's birth certificate. It was wholly made up. Halliburton too I believe was largely political.

In Whitewater, where there was some evidence of some shady activity, whether it was known to HRC or not, we had hearings and investigations and a special procecutor and ultimately an impeachment based on a lie about an extramarital affair. We're so much beyond that, with more direct evidence of improper behavior, it's silly.

We've already had what 3 plea agreements and more than a dozen indictments in the Mueller investigation. Whether and to what extent people in the Trump campaign knew about what was going on, whether they were just being played too or whether they had bad intent, I think remains very much up in the air. And worth investigating.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #8753
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
We've already had what 3 plea agreements and more than a dozen indictments in the Mueller investigation. Whether and to what extent people in the Trump campaign knew about what was going on, whether they were just being played too or whether they had bad intent, I think remains very much up in the air. And worth investigating.

Indeed. It's far more like, say, Iran Contra than it is to Whitewater or Watergate. It may end up changing nothing as far as who is President, but there is definitely something there.

And I never thought I'd see the day where people would say, well the CIA fucked with other country's elections, so turnabout is fair play. It's almost akin to saying, well the CIA killed folks and helped leaders set up death camps in other countries, so 9/11 is fair play (to be fair, some folks actually did say that and got crucified for it).
Old 02-21-2018, 11:17 AM   #8754
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And I never thought I'd see the day where people would say, well the CIA fucked with other country's elections, so turnabout is fair play. It's almost akin to saying, well the CIA killed folks and helped leaders set up death camps in other countries, so 9/11 is fair play (to be fair, some folks actually did say that and got crucified for it).

Ya, even assuming the U.S. has meddled in elections, I STILL don't want Russians flooding social media with bullshit and trying to rig voting machines. I wasn't personally involved in the former so I think it's OK for me to not be happy with the latter.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #8755
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Nothing will come of it, nothing.

The "it" you are referring to is impeachment/censure? If so, this is such a brilliant statement. It can build the foundation for re-election.

Which I think is the bigger issue. How much damage needs to be done that will trump self interest? The Russia and wiki means, so far, seems to justify Republican being in control end.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #8756
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
I've seen this circulating the internet. To answer your responses ahead of time actually would rather not have foreign governments meddling in our elections and don't think two wrongs make a right but the media clearly has a hard on for Trump. "Hooray USA" [Clinton Administration] "The End of the Free World" [Trump Administration]

I could see if you wanted to discuss how the US is hypocritical in interfering with other elections, but don't want interference in their own. That would be an interesting topic to debate. Instead, as is usual for you, you tried to make this about some hypocritical liberal bias in the media about two things that aren't the same at all. One situation involves interference in another country's election and the other situation involves interference in our own. For your comparison to make any sense, you'd have to come up with evidence of the media not caring that another country helped Obama or Clinton win.

Quote:
I really really really don't care for Trump. I just think this Russia thing is a lot of bitching about nothing, in fact a lot of bitching about what our CIA has done across the world to both foe and friend for years. And this is important because the continued media coverage is emboldening Trump's supporters (and in turn GOP leaning voters) and to be honest they aren't wrong.

Where's your backing for this bolded claim? If anything, there's significant evidence to the contrary.

Quote:
It is Whitewater, Halliburton, Obama's birth certificate... but some of you guys all so left leaning that you think it's different. It's not. Nothing will come of it, nothing. Why show the magazine cover? Because this is what it is like when we really don't care. This is what it is like when (ironically) Clinton's admin meddles in foreign elections. It's only different because you guys are mad about the election and think Russia (and not a shitty candidate who screwed over Bernie Sanders) is why you lost.

I would love to hear the argument about how the birth certificate is similar to the Russian investigation. That's got to be one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever seen on this board. And to top it off, you finish with an ad hominem attack on the reasons why we think it's different.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #8757
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Ya, even assuming the U.S. has meddled in elections, I STILL don't want Russians flooding social media with bullshit and trying to rig voting machines. I wasn't personally involved in the former so I think it's OK for me to not be happy with the latter.

Agreed. I think the proper response to the CIA has meddled is to be against the CIA meddling ever again and apologize for the past, not to say that allows for a free-for-all.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #8758
Atocep
Coordinator

We have spies all over the world and we're still going to get pissed and kick spies out of our country when they're discovered. That's the very nature of foreign policy.

The same goes for elections. We're going to interfere to an extent and we can expect the same. However, there are lines that are crossed when it's extensive enough that you get caught as the Russians did.

I think it's also willful ignorance to claim nothing is coming of the Russian investigation when we've already had more than a dozen indictments, multiple guilty pleas, and it appears at least 4 foreign agents were working for the Trump campaign in some capacity.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #8759
Kodos
Resident Alien

Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (104.9 KB, 226 views)
Old 02-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #8760
Logan
Head Coach

And not that it matters, but how much do you want to bet he didn't even get far enough to see which side of the cleverly-worded "Clinton administration" political advisers fell on who helped Yeltsin win?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #8761
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

From a long piece by Josh Marshall on the Russia investigation:

Quote:
Now, key question: How do I know they knew this? First, they knew because the Russians told them. Explicitly told them. Second, they knew what all of us knew. Remember: from late July through November there was a constant stream of reportage detailing Russian efforts. At the time that was mainly tied to the theft and distribution of emails. But the Russian use of social media bots and sock puppets as well as Russian-state owned English language media were apparent too. A lot was public in the fall of 2016. But the critical thing is this: starting in August, Donald Trump personally, as well as various high-ranking members of his team, were briefed on the Russian interference effort by US intelligence and law enforcement officials. We know this, Mr. Trump and we want to make sure you know.

If hearing it from the Russians themselves wasn’t enough, if seeing the numerous press reports wasn’t enough, the US government’s intelligence leaders telling him certainly should have been. Repeatedly. Notably, they likely included a number of key details we in the public only learned as much as a year later.

He knew. He 100% knew. And yet they continued on with the contacts and clandestine discussions and public policy promises right up to election day and intensified them during the transition. Not once, as far as we know, did anyone associated with the Trump campaign or Trump himself speak to anyone from law enforcement or the intelligence community and say, “Hey, you told us about that interference campaign. This one guy contacted us and we had a few conversations with him. Just wanted you to know.”

Not once.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog...tics-are-wrong
Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #8762
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
And not that it matters, but how much do you want to bet he didn't even get far enough to see which side of the cleverly-worded "Clinton administration" political advisers fell on who helped Yeltsin win?

Part of it was actually Clinton himself using the IMF Fund. Of course this was reported by the very conservative LA Times so maybe I should consider the source?

The U.S. is no stranger to interfering in the elections of other countries

Last edited by panerd : 02-21-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #8763
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I could see if you wanted to discuss how the US is hypocritical in interfering with other elections, but don't want interference in their own. That would be an interesting topic to debate. Instead, as is usual for you, you tried to make this about some hypocritical liberal bias in the media about two things that aren't the same at all. One situation involves interference in another country's election and the other situation involves interference in our own. For your comparison to make any sense, you'd have to come up with evidence of the media not caring that another country helped Obama or Clinton win.

Where's your backing for this bolded claim? If anything, there's significant evidence to the contrary.

I would love to hear the argument about how the birth certificate is similar to the Russian investigation. That's got to be one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever seen on this board. And to top it off, you finish with an ad hominem attack on the reasons why we think it's different.

Geez even when I am on your side you find a way to get mad at my posts. I said this is basically the fire Trump and his supporters thrive on. Ignore all you want, warning signs were ignored leading up to the election also.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #8764
Thomkal
Head Coach

Comservatives are unhappy with twitter after they lose followers due to Twitter banned some bots:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare
Old 02-22-2018, 04:51 AM   #8765
Groundhog
Coordinator

Trump's notes with "I hear you" written on it could only be funnier if Kang or Kodos bust out of him as part of a Simpsons' Halloween special.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:25 AM   #8766
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Comservatives are unhappy with twitter after they lose followers due to Twitter banned some bots:

Attention Required! | Cloudflare

We should all send thoughts and prayers for the loss of those bots.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:12 AM   #8767
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Marco Rubio who I give a lot of credit to for standing up and facing all that mostly negative emotion towards him at the CNN town hall on gun control last night. Pledged to have a more open mind about the issue in the future, etc. Well the future didn't last very long:

Marco Rubio‏Verified account @marcorubio

Banning all semi-auto weapons may have been popular with the audience at #CNNTownHall, but it is a position well outside the mainstream

I hope the mainstream shows him the error of his ways should he run for President again or re-election.

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-22-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:47 AM   #8768
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's only different because you guys are mad about the election and think Russia (and not a shitty candidate who screwed over Bernie Sanders) is why you lost.

I think this is big for several reasons. It's not like the Clinton campaign didn't have talks with the Russians either. If she won, the shoe would be on the other foot (I think the Russians don't care who won, they just want to destabilize us).

A similar situation happened in the 2000 election, people were complaining that Gore would have had enough votes to win had the recounts gone on, but were we supposed to just stop the recounts when Gore had enough votes to win?

If I had to pick between how to react to an election defeat, I would much rather see both parties follow the Republican lead after 2008/12, because if you do not like the obstruction you can vote them out. The Democrat response in 2000 and 2016 I believe is more detrimental in the long term because it weakens our faith in the overall system.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #8769
whomario
Pro Starter

Trump Praises NRA as It Mounts Offensive Against Gun Measures

as usual, his strategy is to agree with everybody. We are likely a day or three from there being "both sides to be blamed" in school shootings.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 02-22-2018 at 10:58 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #8770
digamma
Torchbearer

If I recall correctly, it was the Bush team that appealed to the Supreme Court after the Florida Supreme Court ruled that all votes should be recounted.

Also, I missed when HRC appointed independent counsel from her role as private citizen to investigate Russian involvement in the election as a means of protest.

I also fail to see how these two are comparable in the least.

Last edited by digamma : 02-22-2018 at 11:04 AM.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #8771
PilotMan
Head Coach

Do you honestly believe that the entire investigation into Russian inference in the campaign is all a Democrat response because Trump won?

What about those of us who just want the truth? The how and result of the how? I honestly don't know a single person who thinks the election should be invalidated. 20 years from now if the republicans ever did anything wrong they'll blame the Clintons as their reasoning. Get over them already.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:00 AM   #8772
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Do you honestly believe that the entire investigation into Russian inference in the campaign is all a Democrat response because Trump won?

I think that most of these people actually do. Sometimes I feel we as Americans live in two completely different reality narratives.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #8773
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
If she won, the shoe would be on the other foot (I think the Russians don't care who won, they just want to destabilize us).

That ignores the language in Mueller's indictment which said that the Russian attempts were “operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump.”
Old 02-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #8774
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think that most of these people actually do. Sometimes I feel we as Americans live in two completely different reality narratives.

My point is, and as I said I have been out of the country so I have not read everything, there was smoke on both sides of the Russian issue. I also believe that the Clinton Foundation was a lot of pay to play for when Clinton would get into the White House.

And regarding 20 years from now about going back to the Clintons that is besides the point. The reason their doings are being brought up now is that she was involved with the last election. Their past doings are relevant. I knew a lot from when he was AR governor and nothing Bill did since, or Hillary has either, has caused me to change my opinion that they are crooked and out only for themselves.

Trump was a poor candidate. He is the second worst I can remember. The problem was Hillary was the worst candidate and ran a poor campaign. Everyone speaks to her experience, which I liken to John Fox in the NFL. Yeah, he has coached, yeah he has done some good things, but I have always felt he has underperformed with the roster he was dealt.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #8775
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Do you honestly believe that the entire investigation into Russian interference in the campaign is all a Democrat response because Trump won?

Anybody who believes this is a fucking idiot.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #8776
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
That ignores the language in Mueller's indictment which said that the Russian attempts were “operations primarily intended to communicate derogatory information about Hillary Clinton, to denigrate other candidates such as Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, and to support Bernie Sanders and then-candidate Donald Trump.”

If that is what it was, than how is what they did any different than a political PAC?

I am not endorsing that foreign governments should be involved in our elections, but if that is all this is about, why is this of paramount importance? Anyone with enough money and enough drive could impact it the same way. As someone else said, yes we need to figure out ways to shut this down, but this is not what was previously insinuated which was hacked voting machines, etc.

Looking at this, Rubio blew himself up when he tried to get in the mud with Trump. Cruz had too many enemies and was unlikable. Sanders? That I could see having some impact if he actually won the primary, but most of his support should have swung to Hillary. All that said, once it was down to Trump and Hillary, with the hand Hillary was dealt, she should have won going away.

Another way of looking at this, and talking about different narratives, is this a means of absolving Hillary responsibility for her electoral loss?
Old 02-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #8777
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #8778
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If that is what it was, than how is what they did any different than a political PAC?

Because it's a foreign country? Have we really reached the point where we're ok with foreign countries acting like PACs in our country?

Not to mention that Russia also engaged in hiring individuals to sway Facebook algorithms by spreading fake news (like the actual kind) and hacking DNC and RNC email servers. Which actually would probably be illegal for a PAC to do as well.

Quote:
this is not what was previously insinuated which was hacked voting machines, etc.

Insinuated by who? No one ever asserted this was the Russian government hacking voting machines to alter votes. It has always been that they have been using electronic infiltration to attempt to have an effect our election. This is the issue with biased reporting because some now think that people were asserting that the Russians hacked voting machines, and therefore manipulating algorithms on social media to spread lies and hacking email services is no big deal as a result.

Quote:
Another way of looking at this, and talking about different narratives, is this a means of absolving Hillary responsibility for her electoral loss?

To quote Butter here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Anybody who believes this is a fucking idiot.

I mean Republicans have been blaming Hillary for everything under the sun for a while, so why not use her as a reason not to deal with foreign infiltration into a domestic election? Something that previous Republican administrations would have likely declared war over. I can't imagine Ronald Reagan being like, well we intervened in Iran's election, so fair play to the Soviets for doing it in ours.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 02-22-2018 at 01:31 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #8779
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(I think the Russians don't care who won, they just want to destabilize us).

Our intelligence agencies disagree.

Quote:
During a House Intelligence Committee hearing in early December, the CIA said it was certain of Russia's intent to help Trump.[129] On December 16, 2016, CIA Director John O. Brennan sent a message to his staff saying he had spoken with FBI Director James Comey and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, and that all agreed with the CIA's conclusion that Russia interfered in the presidential election with the motive of supporting Donald Trump's candidacy
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #8780
RainMaker
General Manager

Clinton scared them. What happened in Libya, Egypt, and Syria scare them to death. And her policies helped push those kind of revolutions.

Putin's biggest fear is being dragged out to the streets and killed like Gaddafi. He knows Clinton is a threat to him and Trump is not.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #8781
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Missouri governor has been indicted for Felony Invasion of Privacy.

Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge - KMOV.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:46 PM   #8782
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Family Values!
Old 02-22-2018, 04:49 PM   #8783
mckerney
Coordinator

Ted Cruz said that the Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson, who if I remember The Simpsons correctly was elected president and forced to deal with the massive budget crisis left by President Trump.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:14 PM   #8784
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
The Missouri governor has been indicted for Felony Invasion of Privacy.

Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge - KMOV.com

I expect he's well and truly screwed. I doubt they bring these charges if they don't have the pics and some sort of blackmailing message.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #8785
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Ted Cruz said that the Democrats are the party of Lisa Simpson, who if I remember The Simpsons correctly was elected president and forced to deal with the massive budget crisis left by President Trump.

I though Ted Cruz loved The Simpsons

Ted Cruz Auditions For The Simpsons - YouTube
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:58 PM   #8786
Warhammer
Pro Starter

From a search I just ran:

voting machines hacked 2016 - Google Search

Which one of the top 5 is a alt-right news source? None. All of those were articles written, so yeah there were people talking about voting machines hacked.

Also, I think both campaigns should be investigated not just one, and I have said so for several weeks at least and posted that earlier in the thread. I also do believe the democrats are doing this to weaken Trump. This has been their MO the last two times they lost elections.

Again, I think we do need to prevent foreign powers from influencing the election, but the means these guys did so, we only have ourselves to blame. We need to educate ourselves and not rely on social media for our news sources. How would this be different from someone paying off an editorial writer in the days when print was big?

EDIT: My point about the PAC was, how were they acting any different from a PAC? Sure, they may have hacked the algorithms, but marketing firms try to take advantage of these to get their message across. The difference here was the efficiency, which would not have been effective had we been using our brains.

Last edited by Warhammer : 02-22-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:21 PM   #8787
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From a search I just ran:

voting machines hacked 2016 - Google Search

Which one of the top 5 is a alt-right news source? None. All of those were articles written, so yeah there were people talking about voting machines hacked.

Also, I think both campaigns should be investigated not just one, and I have said so for several weeks at least and posted that earlier in the thread. I also do believe the democrats are doing this to weaken Trump. This has been their MO the last two times they lost elections.

Again, I think we do need to prevent foreign powers from influencing the election, but the means these guys did so, we only have ourselves to blame. We need to educate ourselves and not rely on social media for our news sources. How would this be different from someone paying off an editorial writer in the days when print was big?

EDIT: My point about the PAC was, how were they acting any different from a PAC? Sure, they may have hacked the algorithms, but marketing firms try to take advantage of these to get their message across. The difference here was the efficiency, which would not have been effective had we been using our brains.

Three of those articles are about documented accusations of Russian attempts to infiltrate voting databases at the state level and one was a story proving that there was no hack of electronic voting systems in MI and WI. I'm not sure what your point is here.

Why should both campaigns be investigated when our intelligence agencies all agree that the Russians were trying to help the Trump campaign? What would you want investigated?

Funny you mention paying columnists, as that's exactly what the Bush admin got caught doing on at least three different occasions. But we aren't simply talking about paying opinion influencers. There was just a plea agreement where it was admitted that the Russian hackers were stealing IDs and routing money through those fake accounts. We already know crimes were committed and we aren't close to the end of the investigation.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 PM   #8788
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I mean Republicans have been blaming Hillary for everything under the sun for a while, so why not use her as a reason not to deal with foreign infiltration into a domestic election? Something that previous Republican administrations would have likely declared war over. I can't imagine Ronald Reagan being like, well we intervened in Iran's election, so fair play to the Soviets for doing it in ours.

Hillary Clinton has been the subject of what's basically a sexist Republican smear job since 1992. She never fit the mold of what a first lady should be like. She tried to use political capital to make the health care thing happen. No doubt that she and Bill both got into bed with the wrong people at times to get where they were. R's saw her ambition as a threat to traditional female roles, as she did things that were only reserved for men. Once that target was on her back, it never left.

Then came the NY residency, so she could pursue her own ambitions again. Damn right she wanted to be the first female president. She never would have worked for Obama if she didn't think that the experience wouldn't prepare her for to be President, or the race.

I never liked her, tbh, but I have to respect the efforts that she went to in order to pursue her ambitions. There isn't a single politician who has had to endure the level of political attention, investigation, founded and unfounded attacks, right down to punishment for trying to be like a man in a man's political world.

Any of us would have folded long before then. So instead of pointing to a long list of her (supposed; I'm still seeing meme's on facebook accusing the Clintons of murdering *new* people) transgressions, remember that it's been 23 years of unyielding, political, personal, sometimes sexist attacks from the right so they could keep flinging that dirt around.

If any of us had someone else (or another group) with essentially unlimited money to go around and dig up dirt, publish articles about why we suck, and call the police every time we broke the rules, we'd have given up long, long ago.

Like Steam?

Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #8789
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Why should both campaigns be investigated when our intelligence agencies all agree that the Russians were trying to help the Trump campaign? What would you want investigated?

It's all about the Whataboutisms and making sure to point out there's always wrongdoing and bad people on both sides. Also, since every one of those intelligence agencies make mistakes, that gives you carte blanche to say they are wrong and/or biased whenever you please. The wonderful reality of 2018
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #8790
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
It's all about the Whataboutisms and making sure to point out there's always wrongdoing and bad people on both sides. Also, since every one of those intelligence agencies make mistakes, that gives you carte blanche to say they are wrong and/or biased whenever you please. The wonderful reality of 2018

This exact thing makes all of us who have learned the scientific method in research, written research papers, sent stuff off for review, and ultimately been published freak out over.

It's like a 4th grader yelling at a high schooler that just because they both go to school that the 4th grader should get high school credit because isn't all school pretty much the same thing?

Like Steam?

Old 02-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #8791
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 02-23-2018, 12:35 AM   #8792
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I also do believe the democrats are doing this to weaken Trump. This has been their MO the last two times they lost elections.

Honest question, which Democrats are doing the investigating? It can’t be the senate or congressional committees because they are run by republicans. Is it FBI, and Muller/rosenstien? You would describe them as dems out to get trump? If so, funny how the exact people Hillary blames for costing her election are the same ones fulfilling the dems wishes...

Last edited by AENeuman : 02-23-2018 at 12:37 AM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:53 AM   #8793
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Just like with Patriots fans.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #8794
kingfc22
Head Coach

Trump is aware that these same video games and movies are also played internationally.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:07 PM   #8795
Thomkal
Head Coach

And the on again/off again negotiations with Gates is now on again it seems-at 2pm EST, he's pleading guilty to conspiracy against the US and lying to Mueller's investigation.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #8796
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Trump is aware that these same video games and movies are also played internationally.

Yeah, but they probably have some kind of rating system for them over there.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #8797
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

"We want their best and brightest. Instead they're sending professional Overwatch players!"
Old 02-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #8798
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah, but they probably have some kind of rating system for them over there.

Not sure where you are going with that. All movies here have ratings (G, PG, etc) and so do video games (E, E 10+, T, etc)
Old 02-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #8799
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Not sure where you are going with that. All movies here have ratings (G, PG, etc) and so do video games (E, E 10+, T, etc)

He was making fun of Trump's comments here...

Trump suggests rating system for movies, video games to curb youth violence | EW.com

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #8800
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

I think the sarcasm of my original post didn’t come across which is why I was confused.