Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who will take the White House?
Obama 151 68.95%
McCain 63 28.77%
Surprise? (Maybe Mr. Trout?) 5 2.28%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2008, 01:45 PM   #8801
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Pennsylvania does not have early voting. McCain is targeting it b/c that makes it the most likely to move from the current poll numbers.

And it isn't like he really has anywhere else to target.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #8802
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what would Huckabee think of Pentacostalists? I wonder...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM   #8803
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
for you to even insinuate that Biden is as intellectually-stunted and ill-informed as Palin is just sheer lunacy. Really I could pull out numerous examples to counter this, but it's a waste of time, because if you honestly believe that then no amount of examples will convince you, your head is buried in the sand. The guy has been a senior Senator for years, has authored landmark legislation and bills, and has been a senior member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Comparing his intellect to Palin's intellect is like saying a tricycle could beat a Ferrari in a drag-race.

Biden is a disaster. I'm not sure that arguing that he's better than Palin is a good tactic to use. If his speeches and goof-ups were implanted into a female candidate, he'd be laughed off the public stage as being inept and ill-informed. FWIW.....the Democrats knew he'd make a lot of stupid mistakes during the campaign, so at least they knew what they were getting into in this case.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #8804
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Interesting question a friend of mine asked me while we were drinking a couple of nights ago:

If Obama wins the presidency, what do you think the chances are of him being assasinated by an American during his term as president?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #8805
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Biden is a disaster. I'm not sure that arguing that he's better than Palin is a good tactic to use. If his speeches and goof-ups were implanted into a female candidate, he'd be laughed off the public stage as being inept and ill-informed. FWIW.....the Democrats knew he'd make a lot of stupid mistakes during the campaign, so at least they knew what they were getting into in this case.

Regardless of his shortcomings on the campaign trail (which have been well documented) - you can't seriously be arguing that Sarah Palin is as intelligent as Joe Biden. You really can't be...can you?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #8806
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Racists. You forgot racists.

Doc, will you be on the ground at your local PA polling site giving live reports to FOFC?

I can sit on my front porch and watch. My voting place is across the street from me at the local community college.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #8807
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Regardless of his shortcomings on the campaign trail (which have been well documented) - you can't seriously be arguing that Sarah Palin is as intelligent as Joe Biden. You really can't be...can you?

I'm not sure that we can fully know. I do know he has a lot more experience in government affairs and that she gets the nod in regards to executive experience. I think she's been severely restrained during this election, which has lead to that perception. If you watch the Alaska debates, she's much more forceful and comes across as being very intelligent. The campaign handlers have done a wonderful job of turning her into a robot, which obviously was a poor choice.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:59 PM   #8808
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
From everything I can tell, Palin's qualifications are:

1. She's a woman
2. She's charming
3. She's very conservative

I honestly can not see much more than that.

She was the CEO of one of the 50 states. That's not a qualification?

I'm not going to make her out to be the be-all, end-all of candidates, but she's more than just a pretty and religious person.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #8809
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure that we can fully know. I do know he has a lot more experience in government affairs and that she gets the nod in regards to executive experience. I think she's been severely restrained during this election, which has lead to that perception. If you watch the Alaska debates, she's much more forceful and comes across as being very intelligent. The campaign handlers have done a wonderful job of turning her into a robot, which obviously was a poor choice.

Executive experience?

Would that be as mayor of a town that has fewer people than fit in your average baseball stadium (or hockey rink for that matter)? Or her brief experience running the largest welfare state in the country (during which time it appears she couldn't even keep her own hands clean: Troopergate, travel expenses, "first husband", etc). Frankly if that's the kind of executive experience you are touting, I'd rather do without it.

I also think executive experience is very overblown. The president is so surrounded by "executives" and other functionaries that he really doesn't need to have any executive experience himself - that's what his Chief of Staff is for, for example.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #8810
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Interesting question a friend of mine asked me while we were drinking a couple of nights ago:

If Obama wins the presidency, what do you think the chances are of him being assasinated by an American during his term as president?

Low. Anything can happen, but we've gotten a lot better at protecting the President since the 60s. I mean, anyone can run up with a gun (Hinkley-Regan), but it isn't what you would call a common event.

I guess if I had to pick a number, I'd say that there's a .5% chance of it happening.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:13 PM   #8811
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Executive experience?

Would that be as mayor of a town that has fewer people than fit in your average baseball stadium (or hockey rink for that matter)? Or her brief experience running the largest welfare state in the country (during which time it appears she couldn't even keep her own hands clean: Troopergate, travel expenses, "first husband", etc). Frankly if that's the kind of executive experience you are touting, I'd rather do without it.

I also think executive experience is very overblown. The president is so surrounded by "executives" and other functionaries that he really doesn't need to have any executive experience himself - that's what his Chief of Staff is for, for example.

So in other words, you're ready to downplay the size or importance while playing up the experience of a man in one of the smallest states in the union who hasn't lead a single company and has a job where he never has to be the person solely responsible for the ramifications of his decisions?

I think a much fairer point to be made is that Joe Biden is just as likeable as Palin from a personal standpoint and it's blatently obvious that both of them are where they are at this juncture politically because they are legitimately good people.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:14 PM   #8812
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Low. Anything can happen, but we've gotten a lot better at protecting the President since the 60s. I mean, anyone can run up with a gun (Hinkley-Regan), but it isn't what you would call a common event.

I guess if I had to pick a number, I'd say that there's a .5% chance of it happening.

I think this is a bad topic on so many levels, especially from a karma standpoint. Probably best to stick to the issues.

Just ask Mustang.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-29-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #8813
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Be honest - if a Democrat were running for President after being the Governor of Alaska for 2 years, would you have the deference to refer to them as "the CEO of one of the 50 states"?

Do you really think that her experience up there is worth all that much?

I would, though I could see your argument that others would not. I've seen big impacts in my own life from the actions of a couple of governors in Missouri. They are in a position to do a lot of good for thousands or millions of people.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #8814
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wow. I am honestly shocked here. Not that someone's going this low, with a week to go till the election, but who it is.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dole’s ‘Godless’ ad causes stir « - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — The already-contentious North Carolina Senate race took a brutal turn Wednesday after incumbent Sen. Elizabeth Dole released a television ad suggesting challenger Kay Hagan is "Godless."

“A leader of the Godless Americans PAC recently held a secret fundraiser for Kay Hagan,” the 30-second ad says before showing clips from members of the group declaring God and Jesus do not exist.

“Godless Americans and Kay Hagan. She hid from cameras. Took godless money,” the ad's narrator also says. “What did Kay Hagan promise in return?”

The ad ends with an unidentified female voice declaring, "There is no God."

The Dole campaign says it's basing its charge on Hagan's attendance at a fundraiser that was in the home of an advisor to the Godless Americans’ political action committee, a group that promotes rights for atheists.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Hagan said she has never heard of the Godless PAC and said the fundraiser in question had more than 40 hosts, including Sen. John Kerry. She also said she has contacted her lawyers to issue a cease-and-desist order on the commercial.

"I am absolutely appalled at Elizabeth Dole's vile tactics," Hagan said. “This is politics of the worst kind, and I know it has been rejected by North Carolinians at every level. It is so unbecoming of a woman like Elizabeth Dole. This is a fabricated, pathetic ad."
Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM   #8815
Butter
Coordinator

The problem with Palin's experience is that Alaska is SO different from all the other states, it's ridiculous. Alaska has no income tax, and actually gives its residents rebates every year due to the state's oil wealth. It also is one of the least diverse states in the union, and one of the least populated.

Her main problem right now is that up until a couple of months ago, she had no interest in anything going on outside her state. You could see in the VP debate that she had plenty to say on energy and oil... because that is what her state is involved in. If she can get motivated to learn about the rest of the world and the economy over the next 4 years, I honestly think she could be a force in 4 years.

But there are a lot of people that will never get over their first impressions of her, and I think that is what will ultimately keep her out of the spotlight, and as a historical footnote once this race is all over.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM   #8816
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
The problem with Palin's experience is that Alaska is SO different from all the other states, it's ridiculous. Alaska has no income tax, and actually gives its residents rebates every year due to the state's oil wealth. It also is one of the least diverse states in the union, and one of the least populated.

I thought it was neatly summed up when some pundit said (paraphrasing here): "The hardest decision Sarah Palin has had to make as governor of Alaska was how big a check to give Alaskan citizens from the oil windfall profits tax."

She had no problem cutting the whole state a check but in her stump speeches she says Obama's three percent increase on income taxes for the highest earners will reduce all motivation for anyone to work and put us on the road to a Marxist dictatorship. Outstanding logic.

And LOL @ the Elizabeth Dole ad, especially the ending.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #8817
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dole's ad is so over the top that Hagan's people have sent her a cease and desist letter about it.

Basically, Dole is a bad senator who figured that her name recognition and NC's ruby red status in national politics would let her coast to victory until she decided to give up the seat. That's why, I expect, she was so much more involved in national GOP politics than in keeping the people happy back home.*

Now that Hagan's giving her a run for her money, she is running around like a chicken with her head cut off. She had NO IDEA that she might have to actually work to keep her seat.

*She should have paid more attention. Y'all know Jesse Helms as a national conservative figure. But in NC, he was known for his constituent services. Stories abound down here of people trying to get things done through some federal agency or other and spending weeks and months on letters and phone calls, until someone says "why don't you call Jesse?" and the problem is solved, like, that afternoon. People got used to that. And they don't like Senator Dole spending her time rubbing elbows with the national GOP and ignoring us little folk. She should have learned from the master.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #8818
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Wow. I am honestly shocked here. Not that someone's going this low, with a week to go till the election, but who it is.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Dole’s ‘Godless’ ad causes stir « - Blogs from CNN.com

(CNN) — The already-contentious North Carolina Senate race took a brutal turn Wednesday after incumbent Sen. Elizabeth Dole released a television ad suggesting challenger Kay Hagan is "Godless."

“A leader of the Godless Americans PAC recently held a secret fundraiser for Kay Hagan,” the 30-second ad says before showing clips from members of the group declaring God and Jesus do not exist.

“Godless Americans and Kay Hagan. She hid from cameras. Took godless money,” the ad's narrator also says. “What did Kay Hagan promise in return?”

The ad ends with an unidentified female voice declaring, "There is no God."

The Dole campaign says it's basing its charge on Hagan's attendance at a fundraiser that was in the home of an advisor to the Godless Americans’ political action committee, a group that promotes rights for atheists.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Hagan said she has never heard of the Godless PAC and said the fundraiser in question had more than 40 hosts, including Sen. John Kerry. She also said she has contacted her lawyers to issue a cease-and-desist order on the commercial.

"I am absolutely appalled at Elizabeth Dole's vile tactics," Hagan said. “This is politics of the worst kind, and I know it has been rejected by North Carolinians at every level. It is so unbecoming of a woman like Elizabeth Dole. This is a fabricated, pathetic ad."

2 things;

1) I hate it that we live in time and a country in which the term "Godless" is basically a slur. If she really was godless, it would make her a more attractive candidate in my book (though of course she'd never be elected).

2) This sounds even more fabricated than the "Obama pals around with terrorists" claim. Can't republicans win a race without making shit up?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #8819
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Be honest here...how many of you democrats masturbate while reading this thread. I've never seen so many people get off over stupid shit in my life. This is like a dems circle jerk.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #8820
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Be honest here...how many of you democrats masturbate while reading this thread. I've never seen so many people get off over stupid shit in my life. This is like a dems circle jerk.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:50 PM   #8821
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Be honest here, you're trolling. Apparently Arlie, Cam, MBBF, Jon and others are part of a Dems Circle Jerk? Talk about missing the target here.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #8822
Butter
Coordinator

Nothing better than going home and rubbing one out to some MBBF poll analysis.

Mmmmmmmmm.

Sorry, had a moment there. I'll be back in about 4 minutes.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #8823
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Be honest here, you're trolling. Apparently Arlie, Cam, MBBF, Jon and others are part of a Dems Circle Jerk? Talk about missing the target here.

You are so blinded by your views that you cannot even begin to understand what I am saying.

When I see that you were the last one posted in the thread...I can predict what your post is about without even reading it. It's hilarious.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 10-29-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:55 PM   #8824
Butter
Coordinator

I'm back. Couldn't even wait to get to the bathroom here at work. I just hid under my coat.

I feel better. A LOT better.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #8825
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

A masturbation post by a guy named Dr Sak.

Imagine that.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #8826
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You ain't Manfred Mann and I'm not "Blinded by the Light". I think the problem is you're speaking the Trollish language here.

So, apparently it's a circle jerk when people make fun of a Democrat having multiple mistresses and basically pimping her out at political gatherings?

We're not Anti-Republican. We're anti STUPID. Is it our fault that most of the stupid things this election have had a big R next to them? If the D's stand for Dumb instead of Democrat, then we make fun of them too,.

Admit it, you're just upset that your "side" is about to take its second straight shellacking at the polls and lashing out.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-29-2008 at 02:57 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #8827
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So, apparently it's a circle jerk when people make fun of a Democrat having multiple mistresses and basically pimping her out at political gatherings?

Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #8828
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

From a post I made on the 24th in this very thread:

ABC News: New Allegations in Mahoney Sex Scandal

This Mahoney thing is getting uglier and uglier. Mahoney still hasn't dropped out of the re-election campaign, but pulled out of tonight's debate.. saying that he didn't want to be a nationally televised circus. Why, you may ask?

"a) Calling Allen (his Mistress) late in the evenings and demanding "phone sex;"
b) Demanding that Allen answer his calls or face termination;

c) Demanding that Allen attend fundraisers and "tease c-ck" to bring in more donations from the male members of the public;

d) Demanding that Allen engage in sexual conduct with another woman for his enjoyment."

Current and former staffers told ABC News the allegations contained in the "demand letter" sent to Mahoney were backed up by tape recordings of phone calls between the Congressman and Allen.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #8829
Kodos
Resident Alien

These poll weightings are off! Excuse me for a minute, folks...
Old 10-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #8830
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

Yawn. I'm getting tired of this complaint. Sorry that Republicans are outnumbered here, but that's the way it is. Not sure what you want us to do about it. It's certainly reversed in other places. You can always go there.

I even offered to have a separate thread opened where I was the only liberal that would post, so all the conservatives could gang up on me. Put up or shut up.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #8831
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm back!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #8832
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
c) Demanding that Allen attend fundraisers and "tease c-ck" to bring in more donations from the male members of the public

This gets me every time

He should have found a hotter mistress IMO.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:32 PM   #8833
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
From a post I made on the 24th in this very thread:

ABC News: New Allegations in Mahoney Sex Scandal

aaaah, must have missed that. Dude sounds like an idiot.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-29-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #8834
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

You got a little on your sleeve there, Kodos.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #8835
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I do wonder how many prospective game buyers have been put off enough to decide that buying your games is no longer something they want to do.

If Hitler created a good Football sim, I'd buy it. Why the hell would anybody care the political persuasion of a game designer?
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #8836
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
If Hitler created a good Football sim, I'd buy it. Why the hell would anybody care the political persuasion of a game designer?

Bingo! Plus Arlie, like Jon.. is a good guy to talk to.. just you need to know what hot buttons to avoid in conversation. I think the saying goes "I don't hold his affiliation against him, he doesn't hold my affiliation against me.. what's the big deal?"
Old 10-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #8837
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

As for the actual circle-jerkiness of it all... I think what happens is when a conservative poster says something, there are going to be six or seven responses from non-conservatives. That can certainly make someone feel like they're being ganged up on, though I don't think that's the intent.

Of course the tone of some the comments leaves much to be desired... but that's hardly the fault of one side. It's just with one sided over-represented, they're going to have more assholes posting.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #8838
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
Of course the tone of some the comments leaves much to be desired... but that's hardly the fault of one side. It's just with one sided over-represented, they're going to have more assholes posting.

Nah. I think it's about equal.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #8839
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I know that posting in these threads may upset some. But, my thinking is as long as I am somewhat respectful, it won't be that many. I don't rely on revenue from my games to live and make them for the same reason I post here - I enjoy it. So, if some people decide not to play a game I make because of postings on FOFC, they will just be missing out on a fun game

But, I have to actually finish the game before I can start worrying about losing sales

Last edited by Arles : 10-29-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #8840
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
She was the CEO of one of the 50 states. That's not a qualification?

I'm not going to make her out to be the be-all, end-all of candidates, but she's more than just a pretty and religious person.

Mizz,

Seriously? She is a moron. I believe she it took her 6 years and four colleges for her finally graduate?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #8841
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Nah. I think it's about equal.

And if it's not, the poll weighting is definitely to blame.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #8842
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Well I agree up to a point. I think someone's views could go far enough to make me avoid their products no matter what. Hitler would certainly fall in that category. Arlie would not.

My favorite BBQ place is Williamson Brothers. They are big time Republican supporters, but as long as they keep cooking some good pig, I don't care. I would avoid Goebbels BBQ.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #8843
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
I'm much more upset with how powerful Arizona was made in CAD than anything you could post in here.
Yeah, well, with the max exodus in recruits because of Lute stepping down, those days may be gone for a while
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #8844
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You ain't Manfred Mann and I'm not "Blinded by the Light". I think the problem is you're speaking the Trollish language here.

We're not Anti-Republican. We're anti STUPID. Is it our fault that most of the stupid things this election have had a big R next to them? If the D's stand for Dumb instead of Democrat, then we make fun of them too,.

Admit it, you're just upset that your "side" is about to take its second straight shellacking at the polls and lashing out.

I'll admit I am a troll when you admit you are so blinded by your views that you couldn't see you feet if they were right in front of your face. This doesn't just apply to politics, it applies to everything about your views...from sports on. You only see one side Foz. If you can't see that, there are probably 100 threads (I am underestimating) that any one of us could point to as proof.

I am not upset that "my side is taking a shellacking". I want what is best for the country. I don't think Obama is it, but if he wins he can prove me wrong. I'm not going to throw a fit like a lot of democrats did when Bush won in 04. I am not going to threaten to move to Canada. I'm hear for the long haul and will make the best of my life no matter who is President.

There are issues I side with Obama but for the majority I side with McCain. You see I can admit things like this...you can't. I bet you are one of those people that walks up to the voting booth and pulls the lever next to Democrats, and walks away.

Quote:
If that's how you really feel, then its good to see that you're comfortable lowering yourself to everyone else's standards and posting discussion-expanding material like this.

Personally, I like to argue about politics, and as someone who has argued on both sides here in the past, there are people on both sides who like to discuss politics, some from a higher level and some from a lower one.

You aren't the one I am talking about.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 10-29-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #8845
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Mizz,

Seriously? She is a moron. I believe she it took her 6 years and four colleges for her finally graduate?

Yes, I was right and in fact even worse than I thought she went to 5 "colleges" in 6 years. Now that is impressive . Now on second thought, you are right she is qualified to be Vice President of the United States of America if not president.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-29-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #8846
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't think it's the political affiliaton as much as the manner in which he posts his opinions. He can be very condescending. I dunno. If I were a game designer posting on a forum with prospective customers, I would make sure not to get involved in threads where stating my opinions might offend customers.

I'm not saying that this has happened. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if it has in some cases. I know if I find someone distasteful, I will do my best not to do anything that would benefit them. Just sayin'.

That said, I'd still be playing BBCF if the gamelogs were more like Solevision. But that's a topic for a different thread.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-29-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #8847
Galaril
Pro Starter

One thing I have noticed that sure can't be any poll bias stuff is that fact that no matter which poll you trust they are all showing McCain up by only single digits in Arizona and CNN has it at 4 points. I am not sure whsat that is all about but it sure is telling of the direction McCain's campaign is going.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #8848
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Having BTDT, I think I can comment.

It's about not being comfortable directly putting money into the pocket of the enemy ... or alternately just a general asshat. This is just one of the personal things that can color your feelings about a transaction - same as with getting unwarranted attitude from a sales clerk or annoying telemarketing calls from a company,etc.

Unfortunate reality is that it's easier to tolerate pyschologically when there's more degrees of separation between your dollar & the end recipient so it's tougher for the small developer's, but that runs both ways since a lot of us can probably identify cases where we've spent more with someone we liked than we might have otherwise.

edit to add: I think I must have largely skipped over some drama here, as I'm only vaguely following what this has to do with this thread (I think I got it now, I didn't until the last page or so), so consider my answer to be entirely general in nature.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-29-2008 at 03:50 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #8849
Kodos
Resident Alien

I hope that Brady injury works out okay!

No, really!

No, I'm not being sarcastic!

Cross my heart, I hope he comes back from it as good as new!

Really!

Last edited by Kodos : 10-29-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:59 PM   #8850
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I avoid eating Mongolian BBQ cause of their ties to Ghengis Khan.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote