Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 7:

Edwards pitches for Colorado (0-1 12.27 ERA this postseason)
vs
Rodgers for Edmonton (1-0 5.40 ERA this postseason)

Rodgers was the best pitcher in baseball in 2036, but has not quite looked like it thus far in the postseason. Edmonton desperately needs a clutch performance from the 28 year old here.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #52
Tasan
College Starter

This better be over soon because I can't hold my breath long!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 PM   #53
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dave Long comes through in the first, hitting a sacrifice fly to put the first run across the board for Edmonton. Blatherwick hits a solo home run to left field in the second that barely scrapes over the fence to make it a 2-0 game. Will it be enough for Rodgers?

Colorado gets one of the runs back in the 3rd when Matos drives home one on a RBI single, but Edmonton puts two more across the board the next inning, and that is all they need.

Rodgers gives up 11 hits and strikes out only 5 in 9 innings, but the important number in this one is 1. The 1 run that he gives up helps lead Edmonton to a win and keeps the Edge in the series for another game.

Edmonton 5, Colorado 1

Colorado leads the series 4 games to 3.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #54
Tasan
College Starter

Come on Robles!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 8:

Martin pitches for Edmonton (2-0 3.00 ERA this postseason)
vs
Robles for Colorado (1-2 6.61 ERA this postseason)

The series returns to Colorado but the Rancheros put up their worst pitcher vs Edmonton's best pitcher thus far this postseason. The Edge still need all the help they can get as one loss and it is over for them.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Colorado gets on the board first, a Hou Chen RBI single in the third, his 16th RBI of this postseason gives the Rancheros a 1-0 lead.

In the top of the 6th, Edmonton finally breaks through themselves. Dan Broomhead hits a double to the wall, driving home a single run for the Edge and ties up the game 1-1!

Colorado responds immediately, in the bottom of the inning Matos hits a triple that scores 2 runs and gives them a 4-1 lead.

Robles gets the monkey off of his back as he strikes out 8 in 7 innings, and gives up just 1 earned run on 3 hits to clinch the series for Colorado!

Colorado 4, Edmonton 2

The Colorado Rancheros win their first FOOL title in 31 years! They are the 2036 FOOL Champions!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The file will not be up for another hour or so most likely. I have to prepare it for expansion. Sorry for those who are waiting on it! Everyone remember there is a sim tomorrow night 9pm ET. The only thing due from everyone tomorrow night is Arbitration and last minute Contract extensions.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Wednesday, October 1st, 2036
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed CF F. García to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $17,497,500.
Apex Assassins: Signed SP G. Croft to a minor league contract extension.
Chico Rebels: Signed C T. Jones to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $38,600,000.
Apex Assassins: Signed SS W. Walker to a minor league contract extension.
Apex Assassins: Signed 1B J. Rivera to a minor league contract extension.

Tuesday, September 30th, 2036
Colorado Rancheros: Signed 1B N. Matos to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,015,000.
Monday, September 29th, 2036
Boston Settlers: Signed MR T. Dodson to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $12,200,000.
Apex Assassins: Signed 3B Á. Quiñones to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $39,990,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed LF A. Núñez to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,990,000.
Sunday, September 28th, 2036
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed RF H. Okamoto to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $11,580,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed SS J. Soto to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $3,817,500.
Saturday, September 27th, 2036
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent LF F. Padilla to a minor league contract.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent 3B D. Kim to a minor league contract.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent SP R. Hernández to a 1-year contract worth a total of $1,142,500.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR J. Trevino to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $5,320,000.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 PM   #59
Tasan
College Starter

My wife just looked at me funny as I threw my arms up in celebration!

RANCHEROS!!!

Congrats on a good season Eric! That series was great!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 PM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

A couple of the game's greats retire this offseason..

Thursday, October 16th, 2036
Apex Assassins: 1B E. Galló has executed his last optional contract year.
Hammersmith Hooligans: C J. Garza has executed his last optional contract year.
Colorado Rancheros: SP G. Edwards has executed his last optional contract year.
Ann Arbor Winged Lingerines: CL J. Wright retires.
New York Heroes: RF B. Keyte retires.
Tokyo Cyclones: MR J. Brooks retires.
Hammersmith Hooligans: MR J. González retires.
Napa Valley Winemakers: 2B O. Whittingham retires.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #61
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Colorado gets on the board first, a Hou Chen RBI single in the third, his 16th RBI of this postseason gives the Rancheros a 1-0 lead.

In the top of the 6th, Edmonton finally breaks through themselves. Dan Broomhead hits a double to the wall, driving home a single run for the Edge and ties up the game 1-1!

Colorado responds immediately, in the bottom of the inning Matos hits a triple that scores 2 runs and gives them a 4-1 lead.

Robles gets the monkey off of his back as he strikes out 8 in 7 innings, and gives up just 1 earned run on 3 hits to clinch the series for Colorado!

Colorado 4, Edmonton 2

The Colorado Rancheros win their first FOOL title in 31 years! They are the 2036 FOOL Champions!

YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! YAY yay yay!!! You can't yell at me for being excited for you ever again. So there! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You most definitely deserve that and a million more just like it.

Last edited by TeachEnEspanol : 09-15-2009 at 10:04 PM.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Reminder, the draft is not until a little later this week for this season. This year's draft order will be:

1) Tokyo Cyclones
2) Hartford Harpooners
3) Apex Assassins
4) New York Heroes
5) Ann Arbor Winged Ligerines**
6) Boston Settlers**
7) Hyannis Patriots
8) Newark Terriers
9) Hammersmith Hooligans
10) Baltimore Charm
11) Napa Valley Winemakers
12) Chico Rebels
13) Edmonton Edge
14) Colorado Rancheros

** - Ann Arbor and Boston both ended up with the same record, the game chose whatever tiebreaker it uses to determine that Ann Arbor pitcks before Boston.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM   #63
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
My wife just looked at me funny as I threw my arms up in celebration!

RANCHEROS!!!

Congrats on a good season Eric! That series was great!

Thats awesome!!!!

Congrats on the title Dave!!!!

Heck of a nice playoff sim. Im sorry I was late to the party. Work didnt exactly go normal today.

Congrats to the playoff teams for making it, and once again for a nice couple of series.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #64
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Any chance we could get a basic rundown on how the expansion protection rules will go? Might make a difference in how I handle my remaining extensions and options.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 09-15-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #65
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up!

**Next Sim is tomorrow night (Wednesday) 9pm ET **

Only thing being simmed tomorrow is Arbitration.

Thursday night: Expansion protection lists will be due in game (You can't enter them in yet, but you can start thinking of the 25 people you want to protect. You do not need to protect players that will become free agents).

Friday night: Live Expansion Draft , Amateur Draft and Free Agency day 1.

Saturday night: Free Agency day 2, Spring Training

Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Any chance we could get a basic rundown on how the expansion protection rules will go? Might make a difference in how I handle my remaining extensions and options.

No problem at all. Everyone is free to PM or post here any questions they have about the expansion draft. We haven't done this often so this is new for most people.

Quote:
- The expansion draft will be done within game with each team submitting their protection list within the game. Each team will be allowed to submit 25 players to protect from the draft. The expansion draft will last 35 rounds (total of 70 players chosen.) No team will be allowed to lose more than 6 players in the draft. (I will manually make sure that happens).

- The expansion teams will have to submit to me their expansion draft order manually via PM as the game does not have that available within the game. I will manually execute the draft using those picks.

That is the basics of it. In a nutshell, everyone has only 25 spots to protect players from their entire organization (including prospects in the minor league).

Any player that is taken in the draft, their contract is solely the responsibility of the new team, so you can float players with very bad contracts and hope they are selected if you want.

You do not have to protect pending free agents, as the expansion draft takes place the day free agents file, any free agents will not be included in the draft at all.

You will protect players with an expansion protection list in game that is included with your export. (You can't see it yet in tonight's file. It won't show up until after tomorrow's sim).

Expansion teams have to submit their draft lists to me via PM. I will go into more details in a PM to them, but the basics of it are that no team can lose more than 6 players in the draft. The expansion teams will be allowed to send me conditional draft lists if they want (ie: don't select three catchers or whatever).

If there are more questions, feel free to shoot them up here!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #67
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So when is the amateur draft being held. I assume after the expansion draft, so Friday, with free agency?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:39 PM   #68
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So when is the amateur draft being held. I assume after the expansion draft, so Friday, with free agency?

It actually runs the same night as the expansion draft (Friday night), but you are correct that it runs after the expansion draft is done. You don't need to worry about saving protection spots for those 5 players. They are "free protected".

Old 09-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #69
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It actually runs the same night as the expansion draft (Friday night), but you are correct that it runs after the expansion draft is done. You don't need to worry about saving protection spots for those 5 players. They are "free protected".

I thought the expansion draft was Thursday night? Just checking to be sure I got the days straight.

Arbitration/extensions tomorrow night. Expansion draft is added to game, so we can do protections. We turn in protections for Thursday night, and the expansion draft is held that night. Friday night first day of free agency, Saturday night spring training, right?

Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #70
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought the expansion draft was Thursday night? Just checking to be sure I got the days straight.

Arbitration/extensions tomorrow night. Expansion draft is added to game, so we can do protections. We turn in protections for Thursday night, and the expansion draft is held that night. Friday night first day of free agency, Saturday night spring training, right?

I think most of what you said there is correct. The expansion draft runs friday night though:

Wednesday night: Arbitrations/extentions. (after sim, expansion teams are added)

Thursday night: All teams must submit expansion protection lists for this sim. That is all that is due this evening. (You can bid on Free Agents at this point, but we'll only sim two days so no one will sign. So you might as well wait.)

Friday night: The expansion draft will run. Amateur Draft lists are due for this night as well, as the Amateur Draft will also run. First day of free agency also runs this evening.

Saturday night: Back on schedule, Free Agency day 2, Spring Training.

------

I know that puts a ton on Friday night, but this is a busy week for us.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:44 PM   #71
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think most of what you said there is correct. The expansion draft runs friday night though:

Wednesday night: Arbitrations/extentions. (after sim, expansion teams are added)

Thursday night: All teams must submit expansion protection lists for this sim. That is all that is due this evening. (You can bid on Free Agents at this point, but we'll only sim two days so no one will sign. So you might as well wait.)

Friday night: The expansion draft will run. Amateur Draft lists are due for this night as well, as the Amateur Draft will also run. First day of free agency also runs this evening.

Saturday night: Back on schedule, Free Agency day 2, Spring Training.

------

I know that puts a ton on Friday night, but this is a busy week for us.

At first, I thought, "Why can't we run the expansion draft on Thursday?", but then my brain caught up with me and informed me that TimGuru and DC would appreciate a little study time for what players will be available.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #72
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At first, I thought, "Why can't we run the expansion draft on Thursday?", but then my brain caught up with me and informed me that TimGuru and DC would appreciate a little study time for what players will be available.

Yeah, I went through that same train of thought originally myself

Old 09-16-2009, 06:22 AM   #73
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

This might be a dumb question, but do we have to protect all 25? What if we have less than that that we're really concerned about?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #74
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
This might be a dumb question, but do we have to protect all 25? What if we have less than that that we're really concerned about?

I'd think its up to 25 players. I'd find at least some fringe prospects at least to finish up your 25. Yes you do have a few left lol.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #75
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Normally I would say that you don't have to protect all 25, but I know the game absolutely has fits if someone does not submit a list I don't know if it has issues with the list not being complete. It might force me to finish up your list.

I would say if you finish with 22 and can't find 3 more guys you want to keep just choose prospects that might not be worth much but don't make any money. You can always cut them at no cost later.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:42 AM   #76
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Way to go Tasan. Many seasons of hard work and effort finally pay off.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #77
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Colorado is added to Champion's Row!

I just realized when doing so that ekcut and Tasan faced off in the championship for two different FOOL leagues within the last week.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #78
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Normally I would say that you don't have to protect all 25, but I know the game absolutely has fits if someone does not submit a list I don't know if it has issues with the list not being complete. It might force me to finish up your list.

I would say if you finish with 22 and can't find 3 more guys you want to keep just choose prospects that might not be worth much but don't make any money. You can always cut them at no cost later.

So if I actually WANT them to take on guys with higher contracts then I should protects pointless guys in single A that will never amount to anything but will round the number out to 25?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #79
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachEnEspanol View Post
So if I actually WANT them to take on guys with higher contracts then I should protects pointless guys in single A that will never amount to anything but will round the number out to 25?

Yep! There is no promise though that they will take overpaid contracts though. It is entirely up to them who they decide to go for.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #80
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:
Yep! There is no promise though that they will take overpaid contracts though. It is entirely up to them who they decide to go for.

But it doesn't hurt to tryyyyy.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #81
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Quote:

Plus, I didn't say "overpaid."

I was talking about making room for my own overpaid contract by getting rid of fair and reasonable contracts actually. (That's right, two times in a row...it's gonna be a very mature morning.)
Old 09-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #82
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Colorado is added to Champion's Row!

I just realized when doing so that ekcut and Tasan faced off in the championship for two different FOOL leagues within the last week.

Yep, I was thinking about this as I went to bed (yep, no life!). One of us could have had the title for both FOOL and FOOL-X at the same time. If only Eric would have had the decency to lose to me in FOOL-X!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #83
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yep, I was thinking about this as I went to bed (yep, no life!). One of us could have had the title for both FOOL and FOOL-X at the same time. If only Eric would have had the decency to lose to me in FOOL-X!

I was hoping for the triple crown myself...but you were being extremly difficult in FOOL, and Alan was his typical pain in the butt in FOOLH and you both ruined my plans!

Congrats on the FOOL title! I fear the Rancheroo's!

The RL cant get lucky so many times in a row...I'm beginning to think those cats might actually know a thing or two about running a ball team!!!

Oh man...I almost said that with a straight face!!!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:01 PM   #84
Tasan
College Starter

Is the amateur draft list going to "assert itself" and be visible before the expansion draft? All I see now in the draft pool are players for the expansion draft.

*edit
Also, I can't make a draft list, it says that functionality is for expansion teams right now. The amateur draft is currently scheduled to run immediately after the expansion draft. I'm a little concerned.

Last edited by Tasan : 09-16-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #85
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Is the amateur draft list going to "assert itself" and be visible before the expansion draft? All I see now in the draft pool are players for the expansion draft.

*edit
Also, I can't make a draft list, it says that functionality is for expansion teams right now. The amateur draft is currently scheduled to run immediately after the expansion draft. I'm a little concerned.

Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - FOOL 2037 Offseason
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #86
Tasan
College Starter

Yeah, I read that, but it doesn't answer the question as to how we're supposed to be able to set an amateur draft list. I don't see how we're even going to be able to see the available players in that draft if the expansion stuff is going to be in the way right up until the amateur draft.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #87
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Yeah, I read that, but it doesn't answer the question as to how we're supposed to be able to set an amateur draft list. I don't see how we're even going to be able to see the available players in that draft if the expansion stuff is going to be in the way right up until the amateur draft.

I see the confusion now.

From what it seems, his schedule is going to have to be altered because of this quirk and everything will get pushed back a day with the draft being Saturday instead of Friday if the game won't allow anything draft related until after the expansion draft is completed.

But he probably forgot to mention that both wouldn't be able to happen that night as originally planned as a result.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #88
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, sorry about that. This is the old issue where you can't have two drafts going at once. Same thing occurs if you have the Rule 5 draft at the same time as the Amateur Draft. I logged a bug for this long ago, but the response back was that it was too difficult to be fixed and instead people just should not do this.

I guess I never learned that lesson!

We'll just have to schedule another extra sim this week so everyone will have the opportunity to be able to pick players in the amateur draft.