Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #51
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
The one that got torched for 467 yards and 33 pts vs. an Indiana team that didn't crack 400 against the 3 MAC teams and 490 yards/34 pts by an ND team that was killing itself with penalties? Kurt Cousins and Keith Nichols might not have the hype or the moxie of the Michigan duo, but they've led Michigan St to 21st in total offense this year. Michigan might very well win in a shootout, but they're not going to be stopping MSU or anyone with a good passing attack as long as they're starting 3 at DL and Boubacar Cissoko at corner.

I agree with this. Mark Dell and Blair White should devour Michigan's secondary. I think both offenses are better than the other team's defense, but given the fact that this is the first road game for the two freshmen QB's Michigan is starting there is more potential for error on their part which tilts the favor towards State.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #52
Balldog
Pro Rookie

It should be a shootout, how dinged up is Forcier? MSU's secondary has been pretty bad too.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #53
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
It should be a shootout, how dinged up is Forcier? MSU's secondary has been pretty bad too.

They say he'll play, but who knows how the injury will affect his ability to throw. It's also entirely likely he'll re-injure it on the opening drive given how recklessly he plays.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #54
wade moore
lolzcat

For those interested, good article about W&M @ Villanova and the CAA:

Colonial Athletic Association football flexes muscles - USATODAY.com

Quote:
After spending the first month of the season knocking off Bowl Subdivision opponents and hijacking the top of the national polls, the Colonial Athletic Association begins a stretch of in-conference showdowns this weekend when second-ranked Villanova hosts No. 5 William & Mary.
It will be the first nationally televised CAA game (Versus, 3:30 ET), further strengthening the reach and cachet of what has become the premier Championship Subdivision conference in the country.
"Players like to perform in front of people and the big crowd, and television will just add to the attention, excitement and exposure," said W&M coach Jimmye Laycock. "The national exposure is good for us, good for Villanova, good for the league."
Defending national champion Richmond is ranked first in the latest coaches' poll with James Madison sixth and New Hampshire seventh. No. 16 Massachusetts gives the CAA six schools in the top 16. Their combined record is 20-2 with the losses coming on the road to FBS teams by a total of seven points.
"It's a pretty scary thing," Villanova coach Andy Talley said of the conference's strength. "It's very difficult. This is one of the better teams we've had at Villanova, but we could easily be out of the (NCAA) playoff picture."
The CAA sent five schools to the 16-team NCAA tournament field last year and has won three national titles since 2003. A year ago Richmond earned an at-large berth despite finishing third in its conference division and went on to win the title.
The jockeying for tournament position begins in earnest Saturday.
"To me this is a playoff game, and that's how we're approaching it," Talley said. "(The CAA) is one of those leagues where you can be left out with a very, very good team."
The Wildcats carry a four-game winning streak against the Tribe and have averaged 43 points in those victories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 09-30-2009 at 12:53 PM.
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #55
MJ4H
Coordinator

Is tonight's game on TV?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #56
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Is tonight's game on TV?

Yep, ESPN2 at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #57
MJ4H
Coordinator

Thanks, couldn't find it for the life of me. Today is my first day with espn 360 though so I wouldn't have hated watching via that.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #58
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

For those complaining that the replay official in the Indiana/Michigan game made the wrong call...I quote the NCAA Case Book.

Quote:
"First and 10 on the A-20. A22 carries to the A-25 and fumbles. A80 and B45 both dive for the ball and possibly recover it simultaneously in the middle of the field. Officials gave the ball to Team B. RULING: Not reviewable."--2009-10 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations, page FI-100

Once the call of interception was made on the field, the review was interception vs. incompletion. The call was incorrect on the field, however, the replay official was correct.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:06 PM   #59
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Can you (or someone) explain to me the logic behind making certain aspects reviewable vs. non-reviewable? I can understand why you don't want judgment calls like PI and Holding up for review, but why can we judge whether the receiver had possession vs. the ground, but not vs. another player?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

I can tell you that as an IU fan, that provides me with exactly zero solace.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #61
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I can tell you that as an IU fan, that provides me with exactly zero solace.

I understand completely. It just irks me that some fans (mostly Penn State I'll admit it) think there is some grand conspiracy against their team. But what some PSU fans don't realize is that a fellow PSU alum was reffing the game last Saturday against Iowa.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #62
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Somebody must have put some oil on those WVU footballs tonight.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #63
tarcone
Coordinator

GO BUFFS!

Fave Big 12 team

Iowa hosts Arkansas State. Better put up 50.

Last edited by tarcone : 10-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #64
MJ4H
Coordinator

Just secured tickets to Jerry's World for Arkansas vs Texas A&M. Gotta leave out early Saturday morning.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:45 PM   #65
Swaggs
Coordinator

WVU plays ugly, but a win is a win, I guess. And, at least it was against a BCS conference team, although Colorado is one of the worst so far this season.

Noel Devine was awesome (22 for 220 yards) and that was about it.

14 turnovers in the past 3 games is pretty hard to believe. If we can get our shit together, I think we have top 15 talent this year (not that it means much in what looks like a pretty weak year).
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Can you (or someone) explain to me the logic behind making certain aspects reviewable vs. non-reviewable? I can understand why you don't want judgment calls like PI and Holding up for review, but why can we judge whether the receiver had possession vs. the ground, but not vs. another player?

Sorry, didn't mean to take this long to answer this but I dont really study the section on replay since D3 doesn't have it . But below is a link to the 2009-10 Rule book and if you check out Rule 12 Article 1, it talks about the plays that are allowed to be reviewed.

http://www.oficiales.org/A_2009/ncaa...ule%20Book.pdf
Old 10-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #67
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Finding it hard to believe that Hawkins will last any further than this season in Colorado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #68
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
WVU plays ugly, but a win is a win, I guess. And, at least it was against a BCS conference team, although Colorado is one of the worst so far this season.

Noel Devine was awesome (22 for 220 yards) and that was about it.

14 turnovers in the past 3 games is pretty hard to believe. If we can get our shit together, I think we have top 15 talent this year (not that it means much in what looks like a pretty weak year).

Yep. The new offense is turning into a pleasant surprise. JB is still really indecisive at times and makes horrible decisions at others, but he's still a first year starter. I do think we have more than enough talent to take the Big East if the basic mistakes get corrected, especially if the offensive line continues to improve, but we're thin in some spots and just not very good at CB.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #69
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh ESPN

"Stanford Cardinals will get it done" - Did they move from St. Louis or Arizona?

"I don't think Kevin prince will get it done" - Ya, I would imagine that broken jaw will cause some issue
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #70
tarcone
Coordinator

O baby.

Iowa has their starting O Line healthy.
An oustanding defense.

A 55-0 win today will vault Iowa into the top 10. Im thinking 8th.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #71
tarcone
Coordinator

This is just pure domination.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #72
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
O baby.

Iowa has their starting O Line healthy.
An oustanding defense.

A 55-0 win today will vault Iowa into the top 10. Im thinking 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
This is just pure domination.

You do know this is Arkansas State, right? Just asking.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #73
larrymcg421
Head Coach

This UNC- Virginia game is painful to watch.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #74
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

10-6 MSU at the half. Not exactly the shootout I was expecting, and Michigan's offense can't seem to get out of its own way right now.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 12:22 PM   #75
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
You do know this is Arkansas State, right? Just asking.

I know. But I want that UNI game to be a distant memory. This will help. Hopefully after a slow 2nd quarter.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #76
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
10-6 MSU at the half. Not exactly the shootout I was expecting, and Michigan's offense can't seem to get out of its own way right now.

To be down 4 is amazing considering UM has -4 yards rushing. Let's hope Robinson makes his second half adjustments we have been accustomed to, and we can mount some offense.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #77
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Michigan's offense can't seem to get out of its own way right now.

MSU's too.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:48 PM   #78
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

A couple of surprises underway in the ACC

Maryland over Clemson 17-13 at the half
Virginia over UNC 6-0 at the half ... Carolina with 9 yds rushing on 13 carries & just 58 yds passing
Old 10-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #79
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am going to assume that awful fake punt from our 10 was on Mesko as I know he has the option on the rugby kicks. If not, then wowza.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I am going to assume that awful fake punt from our 10 was on Mesko as I know he has the option on the rugby kicks. If not, then wowza.

Either way.. wowza. That was horrible, but a nice defensive stand there by Michigan.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #81
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

He never even looked to punt and if it was the punters option I think Rich Rod would've reemed him a new one like he has a bunch of guys today. Rich Rod thought he was playing on the XBOX 360 or something.

Wow. WTF.

Last edited by Balldog : 10-03-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:57 PM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
A couple of surprises underway in the ACC

Maryland over Clemson 17-13 at the half
Virginia over UNC 6-0 at the half ... Carolina with 9 yds rushing on 13 carries & just 58 yds passing

Don't forget Virginia Tech only up 17-13 on Duke.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #83
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Winston got a little shot to the jaw, bet that hockey player he sucker punched enjoyed seeing that one.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #84
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I'm not getting the MSU game... but can't Sparty do anything in the red zone? To have a yardage advantage of 200 yards (260 to 60) and only have a 1 TD lead has to be a bit scary for them.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #85
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I'm not getting the MSU game... but can't Sparty do anything in the red zone? To have a yardage advantage of 200 yards (260 to 60) and only have a 1 TD lead has to be a bit scary for them.

Brandon Graham made one hell of a play to stop them that last time, otherwise it looked like he would've scored. Big time play.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #86
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Don't forget Virginia Tech only up 17-13 on Duke.

I started to mention that but I can't conceive any way possible that Duke actually wins that game unlike the other two. I'm not even sure a massive lightning strike that took out 40 Hokies would be enough for Duke to win that one.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #87
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Hating to put it on one guy but without Molk at center, our reshuffled line is a far cry from our line that started the season. Not writing this one off yet but it's not looking good. Credit goes to MSU D so far, making a ton of plays, but UM is certainly helping them out.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #88
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

You jinxed them.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

MSU goes up by 2 TD's now. 20-6.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #90
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
You jinxed them.

Not me. It's the players letting down the Genius. He needs his kind of players in place and everything will be fine.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #91
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good to see Brandon Graham get his 1st sack of the year, causing a fumble no less. He has been our best player by far but hasn't had it show up on the stat sheets.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #92
Balldog
Pro Rookie

MSU is doing just enough to leave Michigan hang in the game.

Horrible late hit call.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 PM   #93
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I still think Michigan is a year or two away, this year has been nice (until today obviously), but anything better than 7-8 wins would be unrealistic I think.

Quote:
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #94
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I still think Michigan is a year or two away, this year has been nice (until today obviously), but anything better than 7-8 wins would be unrealistic I think.

Agreed 100%.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #95
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Wow, Michigan fumbles it right back.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #96
DeToxRox
Head Coach

And a terrible fumble by Stonum gives it right back.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #97
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Michigan is playing like a young team, first road game. Michigan State is finally playing like its capable.

Rich Rod just wasted a timeout, wasn't even close.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #98
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Still unbelievable to me Nichol keeps seeing PT. Cousins is a legit QB, Nichol is not.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #99
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm delayed here watching on Tivo, but that late hit was a bad call.

Oh, and as I'm writing this, the Spartans get the fumble recovery!!! That makes up for it!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #100
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola, it should be noted that a lot of rumors are out there that Dantonio wants Nichol to win the job because he made a ton of promises of PT and such to get him at MSU from Oklahoma.