Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #51
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
You're intentionally misreading what I said in the context of the discussion or your just dense. Either way, fuck off.

Let's take a week to rethink this one.

digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #52
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I hate the Yankees and NY Rangers more than I hate some people.

When I think about this in reference to myself, its immature but I can't help but to feel the way I feel.

I have an unhealthy hatred for Tom Brady. Later is his career he's proven to be a viable NFL QB. Early in his career, he was put in a position not to fail. The defense and Adam Vinatieri has more to do with those early SB than he does, yet he gets so much credit. I also have an unhealthy man love for Peyton Manning, who is the best QB in the history of the NFL, no question.

When Jeter got older I appreciated him as a player. When he was younger, I had the same unhealthy hate for him. Several folks here roasted me when I celebrated the time when he dislocated his shoulder early in the season and was going to miss considerable time.

At this same time, I had a good doe of hatred for the Yankees. I still dislike them but its not the same. This generation of the Yankees hasn't signed away Mike Mussina. We'll see after next season when Muchado is a FA.

I say root for who you want and forgot what everyone else thinks. I feel in love with Duke because of Grant Hill. Been a fan ever since. JJ Redick is my favorite basketball player ever. I'm sure when Coach K leaves and they're not what they have been for the last 25 years I'll lose interest.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

In all honesty, I probably get more enjoyment in sports from watching teams I hate lose than I do from my teams winning, because my teams rarely win it all. Sure, I haven't seen IU basketball win it all since I became a fan in 1989, but I've gotten to watch Duke and Kentucky fail many times. And it is always sweet.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 AM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I tend to hate the shirt, I don't really tend to hate players that much. Just the teams they are on. In the era of free agency, it's hard to hate players a lot because he might end up on your favorite club.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 04-13-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:22 AM   #55
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
watch Duke and Kentucky fail many times. And it is always sweet.

Particularly for the latest tournament but also going back years, that is the desired outcome. Anybody but Duke or UK is all that matters.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:00 AM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
your

you're.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #57
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I consider spending $600 on sports programming or tickets as more than enough, even for a decent level sports fan. I don't think anyone who is not willing to spend more than that deserves to be called destitute. Maybe adjust your priorities (or at least your seeming desire to impose them on others).

Indeed. For some people $600 extra on sports is more than excessive and they'd prefer to spend that on something else. For others what that person chooses to spend the $600 is excessive. Think about if someone said if you can't spend $600 on theater tickets/designer clothes/whatever then you have bigger problems.