Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-01-2018, 09:03 AM   #1001
Thomkal
Head Coach

Two more expected coach firings-John Fox in Chicago and Jim Caldwell in Detroit. I hope this will be the last we see of John Fox as a head coach in the NFL.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #1002
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Two more expected coach firings-John Fox in Chicago and Jim Caldwell in Detroit. I hope this will be the last we see of John Fox as a head coach in the NFL.
Ryan Pace's record is the same as Fox's, so this means nothing if Pace doesn't get let go as well. There is such a dearth of talent on the Bears any replacement HC will be up against it as well. Pace supporters will cite Hicks, Trubisky, Howard, Trevathan, Whitehair, and Cohen as indicators that he can judge talent. I will counter them by citing players like Grasu, White, Glennon (ugh!), Shaheen, Royal, Wheaton, Cooper, Sims, etc... And then there's the entire kicker fiasco. Really? You're going to sign a guy with a known groin issue to replace a guy who can't kick, and then have to sign a third bad kicker? That alone should get him fired. Idiot.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #1003
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So the Lions just fired the coach with the best win percentage in team history since the 1950s (counting coaches who coached at least a full season).

Anyways I always liked Jim Caldwell. Hope he gets a good job somewhere.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #1004
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The Colts are asking to interview Josh McDaniels and Panthers DC Wilks
Old 01-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #1005
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Ryan Pace's record is the same as Fox's, so this means nothing if Pace doesn't get let go as well. There is such a dearth of talent on the Bears any replacement HC will be up against it as well. Pace supporters will cite Hicks, Trubisky, Howard, Trevathan, Whitehair, and Cohen as indicators that he can judge talent. I will counter them by citing players like Grasu, White, Glennon (ugh!), Shaheen, Royal, Wheaton, Cooper, Sims, etc... And then there's the entire kicker fiasco. Really? You're going to sign a guy with a known groin issue to replace a guy who can't kick, and then have to sign a third bad kicker? That alone should get him fired. Idiot.

The Glennon signing should have been enough "evidence" to fire him.
Old 01-01-2018, 01:50 PM   #1006
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
The Colts are asking to interview Josh McDaniels and Panthers DC Wilks

Wilks is probably going to get a lot of interviews-be interested to see where he ends up.

Last edited by Thomkal : 01-01-2018 at 02:34 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #1007
Thomkal
Head Coach

And the "fake" news becomes real news:

Bruce Arians retires after five seasons with Cardinals - NFL.com

Let the rebuild begin

Last edited by Thomkal : 01-01-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #1008
Thomkal
Head Coach

John Elway has told HC Joseph he will be back in 2018.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #1009
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if the Browns are so adamant with they're keeping Hue Jackson cuz the Bengals might end up giving them a 4th or 5th rounder for him.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:24 PM   #1010
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Pace has done a better job drafting than any Bears GM in the last 20 years.

Whitehair should have been a pro bowler last year and dropped off this year largely because of injuries and constantly moving him around on the line.

Cohen was a guy he was questioned for drafting and he had a great rookie year.

Jackson was one of the 2-3 best rookie safeties this year.

Amos is the #2 safety in the NFL by PFF.

Kwiatkoski the #16 linebacker by PFF.

Shaheen, in limited snaps, was the 19th best tight end by football outsiders and Tight Ends usually suck as rookies. It's one of the more difficult transitions from college.

Goldman was pretty good his first two years and dropped off with injuries this year.

Look at it this way. In his first draft he landed starters in Goldman and Amos, 2nd draft Floyd, Whitehair, Kwiatkoski, and Howard, and the last draft Jackson and Trubisky along with Shaheen (who will likely start next year) and Cohen.

In free agency he's hit on Hicks (biggest pro bowl snub this year), Sitton (top 5 guard), Unrein, Amukamara, Trevathan, and Massie is sort of a toss up.

His big misses are Wheaton, Royal, Cooper, and Sims. McPhee and Freeman are misses although largely due to things no one could have seen happening.

Glennon was using house money. They had massive cap space and signed him to a deal they could get out from under after 1 year. He didn't keep the bears from signing anyone and it was money they had to spend anyway. Counting his signing as some colossal miss is short sighted and misses the point.

Pace can release Glennon, McPhee, and Freeman and have nearly $60 million in cap space again this offseason. He's drafted well and positioned the bears well in free agency. Not a hell of a lot more you can ask from a GM, especially one that took over a team that was in the mess it was in when Pace took the job.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:25 PM   #1011
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I wonder if the Browns are so adamant with they're keeping Hue Jackson cuz the Bengals might end up giving them a 4th or 5th rounder for him.

The Browns should have to give up a 1st rounder to get someone to take him off their hands.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #1012
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Maybe they can trade him for McCarron
Old 01-01-2018, 03:35 PM   #1013
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Pace has done a better job drafting than any Bears GM in the last 20 years.

Whitehair should have been a pro bowler last year and dropped off this year largely because of injuries and constantly moving him around on the line.

Cohen was a guy he was questioned for drafting and he had a great rookie year.

Jackson was one of the 2-3 best rookie safeties this year.

Amos is the #2 safety in the NFL by PFF.

Kwiatkoski the #16 linebacker by PFF.

Shaheen, in limited snaps, was the 19th best tight end by football outsiders and Tight Ends usually suck as rookies. It's one of the more difficult transitions from college.

Goldman was pretty good his first two years and dropped off with injuries this year.

Look at it this way. In his first draft he landed starters in Goldman and Amos, 2nd draft Floyd, Whitehair, Kwiatkoski, and Howard, and the last draft Jackson and Trubisky along with Shaheen (who will likely start next year) and Cohen.

In free agency he's hit on Hicks (biggest pro bowl snub this year), Sitton (top 5 guard), Unrein, Amukamara, Trevathan, and Massie is sort of a toss up.

His big misses are Wheaton, Royal, Cooper, and Sims. McPhee and Freeman are misses although largely due to things no one could have seen happening.

Glennon was using house money. They had massive cap space and signed him to a deal they could get out from under after 1 year. He didn't keep the bears from signing anyone and it was money they had to spend anyway. Counting his signing as some colossal miss is short sighted and misses the point.

Pace can release Glennon, McPhee, and Freeman and have nearly $60 million in cap space again this offseason. He's drafted well and positioned the bears well in free agency. Not a hell of a lot more you can ask from a GM, especially one that took over a team that was in the mess it was in when Pace took the job.
You can look at PFF all you want; their ratings shortcomings are well known. If you think that Amos is the #2 safety in the NFL, well, that's enough said right there. Kwiatkoski at 16? Are you effing kidding me? Does anybody at PFF actually watch a football game? Kwiatkoski couldn't cover me on a route! Watch the tape -- half the time he is out of position because he's so slow. #16 my ass.

And if you want to discuss the Glennon money thing...they could have overpaid for someone else at a position of need who could have been on the field for more than four games, kept a guy like Hoyer for a third of the money, sent the Pats a 2nd rounder for Garoppolo to have an actual pro QB and not an iffy prospect, and used their 2017 first rounder for someone else who could have helped - WR, DB, LB, OL. Tell me how that's not better than what Pace did? And if you're comparing his draft prowess with the likes of Angelo and Emery -- shit -- I can draft better than those morons from my couch. (How in the world does a GM draft Dan Bazuin or take a guy like McClellin in the first round?) I'm certainly not going to send 3 picks to move up one spot either, not for a guy with so many question marks and especially for a team that wasn't one player away from being competitive. Pace took a QB prospect to save his job, simple as that. And if you remember the things that he said about Glennon it doesn't give me a warm fuzzy that he can evaluate QB talent. Running backs? Yes, but not sure about any other position.

And just because guys start doesn't make them any good if that's how you're judging Pace's "success". Look at the guys who they were replacing. So you can believe that Pace has drafted well (average at best) and put them in a good position in the FA market. (They have money, yes, but what free agents want to come to the Bears?)
Old 01-01-2018, 03:38 PM   #1014
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
The Glennon signing should have been enough "evidence" to fire him.
Yeah...I thought that one was too obvious to mention.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #1015
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
So the Lions just fired the coach with the best win percentage in team history since the 1950s (counting coaches who coached at least a full season).

Anyways I always liked Jim Caldwell. Hope he gets a good job somewhere.

I think Caldwell may have deserved better too. But:

Lions fire head coach Jim Caldwell; GM says team needs 'a new voice'

I'm not sure I knew he HAD a voice!

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-01-2018 at 04:30 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #1016
PilotMan
Head Coach

Caldwell will get a call somewhere. He's too well thought of and too successful not to.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #1017
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

I find it amazing that a team that goes 1-31 sees magic, but even more amazing someone else could look at Jackson and think: yep, that’s my guy!

The only way that could possibily happen is if the two teams are the Browns and the Bengals. It doesn’t matter which way round.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:25 PM   #1018
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
And the "fake" news becomes real news:

Bruce Arians retires after five seasons with Cardinals - NFL.com

Let the rebuild begin

Arians was a genuine good guy. I know I said bad things about him and blamed him for some the lost years of an in prime Big Ben, but he truly put his stamp on the Cards and turned that organization around. Sad what he's had to go through, too sad that his career ended like it did.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2018, 05:26 PM   #1019
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I find it amazing that a team that goes 1-31 sees magic, but even more amazing someone else could look at Jackson and think: yep, that’s my guy!

The only way that could possibily happen is if the two teams are the Browns and the Bengals. It doesn’t matter which way round.

From what I've heard he's not the new GM's guy, he's the owner's guy.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #1020
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ryan Pace has his contract extended through 2021.

None of the higher ups in the Bears will be fired.

McCaskeys still own the team.

Doomed.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #1021
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
John Elway has told HC Joseph he will be back in 2018.
Why not? He's having the time of his life out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Caldwell will get a call somewhere. He's too well thought of and too successful not to.
Back to Indy?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:29 PM   #1022
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Ryan Pace has his contract extended through 2021.

None of the higher ups in the Bears will be fired.

McCaskeys still own the team.

Doomed.
The most clueless organization in the NFL after the Browns. The only way to stop the bleeding is for fans to stop supporting these owners. Quit going to games, Chicagoland, and you might be able to see a championship again in your lifetime.

Last edited by weegeebored : 01-01-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #1023
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The most clueless organization in the NFL after the Browns. The only way to stop the bleeding is for fans to stop supporting these owners. Quit going to games, Chicagoland, and you might be able to see a championship again in your lifetime.

I never get this. You know the team is going to suck yet people spend hundreds of dollars on tickets.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #1024
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Irsay: Andrew Luck has '107-degree fever' for success - NFL.com

Luckily Jim Irsay has a pill for that
Old 01-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #1025
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
I take that back. Bengals extend Marvin Lewis for two years. They are number 2 on the clueless list.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #1026
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I take that back. Bengals extend Marvin Lewis for two years. They are number 2 on the clueless list.

I think a Mike Brown Realistic Bengals challenge might be fun for FOFC. You can't change your coaching staff no matter what until they retire, and you can't chase any high profile FA in the top 30 FA list. You can only resign your own talent.

That might be fun in a game. In real life?

Good luck with that!

My Jags finally took the corner by building from every direction. They hit on established Vets later in tehri career like CC, they hit on rising stars just as they ascended liek AJ, and even with a few uneven picks, they've had great drafts and unearthed great players after teh 1st round like Telvin Smith, Brandon Linder, Ngakuae, and such while joining my Jalen Ramsey. Can't deny they did it by tieing a hand behind their back.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #1027
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I honestly, can't believe that he's coming back again. It's just so Bengals. This fanbase might just melt down.

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2018, 06:48 PM   #1028
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

wow just wow. Sorry Ohio NFL fans.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #1029
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
wow just wow. Sorry Ohio NFL fans.

That's why God made Ohio State good I suppose. It's karmic balance.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #1030
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I wonder if The Onion is mad that the Bengals preempted their headline.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 PM   #1031
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens among Hall of Fame finalists - NFL.com

Would love to see Edgerrin James get in. He was always fantastic to watch when he was with the Colts. If it wasn't for his injury I've no doubt that he'd be a lock.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #1032
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Randy Moss, Terrell Owens among Hall of Fame finalists - NFL.com

Would love to see Edgerrin James get in. He was always fantastic to watch when he was with the Colts. If it wasn't for his injury I've no doubt that he'd be a lock.

Yay for Boselli! Pleasegetinpleasegetinpleasegetin.

To this day, no player is as popular or beloved that this O Lineman. I can't say that other teams in their 20+ years have an O Line dude as their consensus top guy. Go Jags. Time to get some Pro Bowl love.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 01-02-2018 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #1033
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Getting rid of Marvin will only make the team worse. The problem is Mike Brown, and until he's gone nothing else really matters.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:16 PM   #1034
PilotMan
Head Coach

/Bengals on reddit tonight.

I feel awful for them and giggle at the same time. At least they have a sense of humor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Cincinnati Bengals.jpg (268.7 KB, 168 views)

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #1035
molson
General Manager

Browsing around on reddit, I love how Carson Palmer is a revered Bengals legend despite never winning a playoff game there and literally choosing retirement in his prime rather than continuing to play for them. That fandom comes from a really sad place. It's like a guy continuing to lust after a woman who dumped him 15 years ago, (while understanding and accepting her position that she was too good for him), just because she made him feel alive for a couple of weeks back then. But really, she was never all that, especially during that relationship. Who the hell throws 20 interceptions and then quits because he thinks the team is the problem?

Edit: And then the Bengals got better immediately after Palmer left. While the Bengals were winning and at least getting to the playoffs, Palmer continued to suck for a few more years and still couldn't get to the playoffs until he lucked into a great situation in Arizona. And yet they still love him and hate Lewis.

Last edited by molson : 01-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 05:14 AM   #1036
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Cincinnati really needs lessons in how to have a shitty team. Expiring contracts for Lewis and MIke Brown. Everyone on facebook is moaning and bitching about how the bengals suck and how mike brown sucks and how lewis sucks and they hope they all just move somewhere else and leave and die....
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 AM   #1037
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Yay for Boselli! Pleasegetinpleasegetinpleasegetin.

To this day, no player is as popular or beloved that this O Lineman. I can't say that other teams in their 20+ years have an O Line dude as their consensus top guy. Go Jags. Time to get some Pro Bowl love.
OG John Hannah was the Patriots only HoF'er until the until the Kraft era began. (Though Andre Tippett did eventually get in via the veterans committee iirc)

Btw, 10x All-Pro, All-Decade team for the 70's & 80's, Sporting News named him the 2nd best OL ever after Anthony Munoz - and he was 6'2 265. Unbelievable how much has changed in only a generation.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #1038
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Cincinnati really needs lessons in how to have a shitty team. Expiring contracts for Lewis and MIke Brown. Everyone on facebook is moaning and bitching about how the bengals suck and how mike brown sucks and how lewis sucks and they hope they all just move somewhere else and leave and die....

Heh? Seems to me they're pretty good at being a shitty team.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #1039
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quite surprised Darnold came out, the quarterback evaluation process will be fascinating to watch this year between him, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson and others. Denver may have picked a great season to tank.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:22 PM   #1040
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Really think Darnold and Rosen are overrated after this season. Allen and Mayfield are the top 2 from my POV. Darnold is probably better than Rosen, who I think is a volatile hybrid of Osweiler and Cutler.

I think Jackson gets turned into a WR or RB. He'd make a nice target with his size and slipperiness and could be very useful as a gadget guy.

I'll have to see the Gruden QB camp segments for these guys before I truly know what I think though. I feel like listening to them talk and watching their eyes says a lot about these guys.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 PM   #1041
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Really think Darnold and Rosen are overrated after this season. Allen and Mayfield are the top 2 from my POV. Darnold is probably better than Rosen, who I think is a volatile hybrid of Osweiler and Cutler.

I think Jackson gets turned into a WR or RB. He'd make a nice target with his size and slipperiness and could be very useful as a gadget guy.

I'll have to see the Gruden QB camp segments for these guys before I truly know what I think though. I feel like listening to them talk and watching their eyes says a lot about these guys.

Im sorry but no. Allen is so overrated it is ridiculous. Probably the most overrated college qb since Christian Ponder was taken in the 1st round.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ng-quarterback

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-03-2018 at 11:28 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:34 PM   #1042
PilotMan
Head Coach

Put me on the Allen train. He's going to be first rate. He knows what it takes to be a leader on the field.

Like Steam?

Old 01-03-2018, 11:42 PM   #1043
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm naturally fascinated to see how this Rosen stuff unfolds.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 01-03-2018 at 11:43 PM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 PM   #1044
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I'm naturally fascinated to see how this Rosen stuff unfolds.

I wish him the best. If you are sure thing first rounder, its stupid for you not to go.

Even if he flames out, as an early pick he should be set for life.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:13 AM   #1045
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I wish him the best. If you are sure thing first rounder, its stupid for you not to go.

Even if he flames out, as an early pick he should be set for life.
Plus wanting to be a well rounded individual and have a life outside of football doesn't make me wish I'll on him, it just throws up a huge red flag if you want to make him a franchise quarterback.

It'll definitely be fascinating to see this draft process and the future results play out. Each of the top 5 QB prospects have something you can look at and fall in love with, but all 5 also have big red flags. (And Drew Lock isn't too far off.) It's a year I'm ecstatic not to have a top 5 pick and need to choose between these guys, but also one I'd be very happy with the Patriots grabbing whichever of the 6 falls to the late 1st/2nd round.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:45 AM   #1046
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

I don’t watch college football, so apart from Jackson highlights, I really haven’t seen any of these guys play. Josh Allen’s career completion percentage and interception rate are atrocious. Is there a reason for this and why will it be different at the pro level?
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:22 AM   #1047
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
I don’t watch college football, so apart from Jackson highlights, I really haven’t seen any of these guys play. Josh Allen’s career completion percentage and interception rate are atrocious. Is there a reason for this and why will it be different at the pro level?

Because the geniuses at the pro level will pick him based on his height and strong arm and think they can teach him accuracy and better anticipation. Normally this kind of project fails badly. He is struggling to complete passes in small conference USA so projecting him to be able to adjust to NFL style speed is beyond my comprehension level.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 01-04-2018 at 09:26 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #1048
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
He's an athletic hard working farm boy from a small school with a huge arm and limited tape... He'll totally be Carson Wentz 2.0 and not Jake Locker. Don't question it by actually looking at things like completion percentages and interception rates!
Old 01-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #1049
Suicane75
Coordinator

Allen and Darnold just aren't good enough to be NFL QB's, Rosen is going to get killed trying to play NFL QB. Any GM who takes any of these guys before the 3rd round should be fired. Jackson will be good if someone gives him the chance, he's got the best football IQ and physical talent of all them, by a wide margin.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #1050
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
He's an athletic hard working farm boy from a small school with a huge arm and limited tape... He'll totally be Carson Wentz 2.0 and not Jake Locker. Don't question it by actually looking at things like completion percentages and interception rates!

Hey, he came out of the exact same system that Wentz did, coached by the same guy that recruited and coached Wentz. There's more to the similarity than the numbers.

Like Steam?