Grizzled Veteran

catching up, just got home
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #1052
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I don't know. I agree that Lathum's play has been pretty erratic but, you know, that's Lathum. I'd like to see your argument against him in point form and hope that Lathum will respond to it, rather than taking his ball away because he's being persecuted by Chubby.

Narcizo my voting for him has nothing to do with the actual fighting between him and Chubby's on day 1-go back and read the posts I've made about Lathum. What he said he did with when he sent the item to Chubby and the reason for it are contradictory with when he said he sent it (early in the day before Chubby starting fighting with him and made the comment connecting him to J23 which came at the deadline) and the reason for it (to protect someone he thought was a good wolf night kill target) And then voting to lynch someone he thought was a good wolf night kill target)

who knows he may turn out to be a villager-but there are several parts of his story I'm just not believing and I can't let that go by. How foolish would it be if I move my vote and later he turns out to be a wolf? If he is a villager as he claims at least then it won't be as big a loss as taking out a roled player. Can you or anyone else definitely prove he's a villager?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #1053
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Can you or anyone else definitely prove he's a villager?

He's a villager
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #1054
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I may be rusty but I buy that

jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #1055
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
all I ask is you guys vote Chubby tomorrow.

oh noes i better change my vote!

ummm not going to happen.

i'm like 75% wolf on Lathum whereas next person on my list I'd probably say is ntn at 35%, by far Lathum is the most suspicious so why would I vote elsewhere?

This isn't a case of me knowing something I can't share like yesterday, it's just my read on him. Nobody has to agree with me or vote him because I do. I certainly hope you do because I'm pretty sure he's a wolf.

He's either a wolf or playing a horrible (YMMV) villager game. if he's a wolf, i'm 99.9% sure who he is.

If anyone has any outstanding questions for me fire away.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #1056
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm really just not getting all this "oh its just Lathum being Lathum talk so you should just unvote him." Regardless of how he plays, I believe I have a legitimate reason to try to get him lynched. Its fine if you don't agree with my reasons but use that as your reason not to vote for him, not because its how its just the way he plays the game. He'd be acting the same exact way if he was a wolf right?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #1057
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Narcizo my voting for him has nothing to do with the actual fighting between him and Chubby's on day 1-go back and read the posts I've made about Lathum. What he said he did with when he sent the item to Chubby and the reason for it are contradictory with when he said he sent it (early in the day before Chubby starting fighting with him and made the comment connecting him to J23 which came at the deadline) and the reason for it (to protect someone he thought was a good wolf night kill target) And then voting to lynch someone he thought was a good wolf night kill target)

who knows he may turn out to be a villager-but there are several parts of his story I'm just not believing and I can't let that go by. How foolish would it be if I move my vote and later he turns out to be a wolf? If he is a villager as he claims at least then it won't be as big a loss as taking out a roled player. Can you or anyone else definitely prove he's a villager?

I concur with this thinking.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #1058
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I haven't lied about anything. You may not agree with my reasoning but I haven't lied. If you want to lynch me because you disagree with me then that is your perogotive.

so you then sent the item to Chubby then in the few seconds you had before the deadline then?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #1059
Thomkal
Head Coach

okay off to make dinner, be back later.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #1060
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

oh and I want to get this out now:

I'd prefer it if the mistletoe wasn't passed to me. I'd like to avoid any scenarios where I am passed multiple items and the missletoe gets sent to a random person because 2 or more people sent me an item.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:19 PM   #1061
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm really just not getting all this "oh its just Lathum being Lathum talk so you should just unvote him." Regardless of how he plays, I believe I have a legitimate reason to try to get him lynched. Its fine if you don't agree with my reasons but use that as your reason not to vote for him, not because its how its just the way he plays the game. He'd be acting the same exact way if he was a wolf right?

Actually I don't think he'd be acting the same way if he was a wolf. I think his petulant play is far more villager than wolf likely.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #1062
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 3 Voting as of Post 1061:

Lathum 5 - Chubby (934), Thomkal (974), ntndeacon (988), MrBug708 (1012), EagleFan (1035)
Darth Vilus 3 - Narcizo (940), Barkeep49 (1030), mckerney (1049)
Barkeep49 2 - Autumn (957), Racer (966)
ntndeacon 2 - jeheinz72 (942), Zinto (1024)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #1063
Autumn
Head Coach

The problem I have with Lathum is that he keeps avoiding answering straight questions. I've asked him several times to answer a question about the item passing, and he hasn't. I can think of villager reasons for what happened, but I don't understand why he can't just answer the questions and end the discussion.

I would say my suspicion goes 1. barkeep, 2. darth, 3. lathum so I'm fine to have them all in the running, but would rather vote one of the other two rather than Lathum. I suspect he may have a good explanation and is just being stubborn about making it clear.

So I'll try one more time: Lathum, why did you think Chubby was a likely night kill target on night 1?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #1064
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So I'll try one more time: Lathum, why did you think Chubby was a likely night kill target on night 1?

He would have been a good target to set up some other players ina bad light, plus he was hinting at having a role/ info.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1065
J23
College Benchwarmer

Vote Darth Vilus

I'll make it a bit closer and see what happens.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #1066
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
so you then sent the item to Chubby then in the few seconds you had before the deadline then?

I told you I sent it about 1 45 minutes prior to deadline. I'm sorry, but I don't follow your whole line of thinking on this.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #1067
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
He's either a wolf or playing a horrible (YMMV) villager game. if he's a wolf, i'm 99.9% sure who he is.

when I come back villager it will show how horrible you are playing the game. You completely mis read something I said, even though everyone else saw it the way I meant it, then you get tunnel vision and go off on some crusade against me, even though I have given completely legit reasoning why I did the things I did. Not to mention you accuse me of being the duke, then say you are sure I am a wolf, which makes just about no sense.

People who live in glass houses....
Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 PM   #1068
Zinto
College Starter

I am not going to be voting Lathum today since it seems to me everything got blown up over a misunderstanding about an item pass. I really have not been paying the best attention to what has been happening but I am not sure why Lathum would claim to pass an item to you at all Chubby.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #1069
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
when I come back villager it will show how horrible you are playing the game.

I'll be honest, I stopped right there.

Who should be our lynch target and why?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #1070
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not going to be voting Lathum today since it seems to me everything got blown up over a misunderstanding about an item pass. I really have not been paying the best attention to what has been happening but I am not sure why Lathum would claim to pass an item to you at all Chubby.

Chubby has actually over blown 2 things

1. Completely mis understaning me and saying I said I was the duke, which he still has not admitted he misunderstood

2. The item pass.

Either way, I'm done with the discussion about it. I feel like I am banging my head against a briock wall with it and am getting a little frusterated. I also don't really appreciate being told I am playing a horrible villager game by someone who is acting the way Chubby has acted this game.

If I'm a wolf I'll take it all back, but I'm not and I won't be.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM   #1071
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Who should be our lynch target and why?

Me, just so I can enjoy how wrong you will be
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #1072
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote count?
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #1073
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
vote count?
you lead DV by 1
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #1074
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hi danny!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #1075
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Me, just so I can enjoy how wrong you will be
No really. Be a villager and help us find a wolf. Throwing yourself on the alter doesn't do that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #1076
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote DV

this is my last post today. I don't like the general attitude Chubby has had towards me the whole game, especially considering it was he who completely misread a statement that no one else had any trouble understanding.

I'm out for the day because we all know I have a history of bringing a nuke to a knife fight, and I really don't want to get to that point. Those days are behind me. Have fun everyone.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-11-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #1077
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote DV

this is my last post today. I don't like the general attitude Chubby has had towards me the whole game, especially considering it was he who completely misread a statement that no one else had any trouble understanding.

I'm out for the day because we all know I have a history of bringing a nuke to a knife fight, and I really don't want to get to that point. Those days are behind me. Have fun everyone.

Please at least post one more time or your vote won't count.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #1078
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
He would have been a good target to set up some other players in a bad light, plus he was hinting at having a role/ info.

This is what I think Thomkal is trying to get at. Didn't he only start hinting at deadline? I know you said you're not answering questions any more, but this is the question I'm trying to answer. It seems you're saying this based on him commenting that J23 is good, but that supposedly didn't happen until deadline.

I'll just have to look it up myself when I have the time.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #1079
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum - FWIW, I'm pretty sure I can take your "nuke". I'm sure I've been called every name in the book, probably by some in this game. It's WW, it's not going to affect me tomorrow.

Your lack of direct answers, as posted by others, along with my orignal concerns combined with the "i'll take my ball and go home" act screams wolf. Sorry, it does.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #1080
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I know J23 is on our side, I don't know his role but I know he is clear if you knuckleheads duke me

Quote:
I think you are clear and if Lathum dukes to me he is toast when I come up villager

2 hints from Chubby prior to me passing the item

Done for real now

Maybe
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #1081
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Done for real now

Maybe

Those hints came at 10:00. Are you suggesting you passed him the item in the less than 60 seconds after he posted that?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #1082
Autumn
Head Coach

This is the point Thomkal, I think, has been making. You claimed to have sent your passing orders in well before, but those hints happened at 10:00 exactly. These seem to be incompatible statements.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #1083
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

hey, I'd be pissed too if I was a wolf the way the game has been going...
Old 08-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #1084
Autumn
Head Coach

And frankly, if the wolves include Danny, Lathum and Barkeep I feel bad for them, as that's likely to be the first three scans in a werewolf game ;-)
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #1085
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Those hints came at 10:00. Are you suggesting you passed him the item in the less than 60 seconds after he posted that?

i must have looked at the wrong ones when going back. it was 2 days ago and I am at work trying to actually work
Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #1086
Autumn
Head Coach

Okey dokey. I'm not going to vote Lathum right now. His story doesn't make sense to me, and I'm trying to read back through day one to make sense of it. But I also don't know why a wolf would pass the fetters to a villager, so it doesn't seem a strong direction to go right now. Maybe they're not allowed to pass it to each other, or it harms all of them in some way, but we don't have any way to know that.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #1087
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
hey, I'd be pissed too if I was a wolf the way the game has been going...

I'm not pissed. I have a history of having some serious throwdowns in WW games and I really don't want to be that person again. It is a big turn off for everyone involved. So if that means "taking my ball and going home" then fine.

If I am alive tomorrow I'll be an active player again. For today I am done.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #1088
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Okey dokey. I'm not going to vote Lathum right now. His story doesn't make sense to me, and I'm trying to read back through day one to make sense of it. But I also don't know why a wolf would pass the fetters to a villager, so it doesn't seem a strong direction to go right now. Maybe they're not allowed to pass it to each other, or it harms all of them in some way, but we don't have any way to know that.

My guess? Wolves might not be able to pass items amongst themselves.

Yes, this is a pure guess. Do others that have played in games with items remember if similar rules existed in those?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #1089
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
My guess? Wolves might not be able to pass items amongst themselves.

Yes, this is a pure guess. Do others that have played in games with items remember if similar rules existed in those?

It seems a little unfair, but I could see it possibly being the case if they start off with an item. I don't know, it's not a strong enough certainty for me to vote that way right now.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #1090
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It seems a little unfair, but I could see it possibly being the case if they start off with an item. I don't know, it's not a strong enough certainty for me to vote that way right now.

I'm comfortable with the group up for vote. I do NOT want a tie (which we have currently), no reason to risk a random 2nd death
Old 08-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #1091
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm comfortable with the group up for vote. I do NOT want a tie (which we have currently), no reason to risk a random 2nd death

We've got a long time still (I don't know how many votes are out there right now). I will move my vote if necessary to improve things, my order of preference being BK, DV, Lathum. I haven't looked back at the vote to see the case against NTN right now, but I'd sure like to hear from him.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #1092
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We've got a long time still (I don't know how many votes are out there right now). I will move my vote if necessary to improve things, my order of preference being BK, DV, Lathum. I haven't looked back at the vote to see the case against NTN right now, but I'd sure like to hear from him.

for me, it was vote history particularly day 2. i was legitimately asking lathum for a suggestion of who else to look at but still nothing
Old 08-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #1093
Zinto
College Starter

I prefer ntn right now to the other candidates but I will move when we get closer to the deadline if nned be.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #1094
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Done for real now

Maybe

In case you're not done, another reminder that you have to revote. JAG said votes in posts that were edited will not be counted.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #1095
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This is pretty much the only interchange of note involving Darth. Am I stretching things to far to think that this might be a reason why Dubb was offed? In any case DV is going to have to agree that it looks pretty bad for him that he happened to miss out the known wolf in his statement of who were in the mix at the time. Particularly as his own candidate, Chubby, had the same number of votes as Danny before he made his vote. So his statement that the other three had more votes is incorrect.

My PC has been A SCFer today, that's why it's been so long.

I'm pretty sure that my vote info is correct, im gonna double check. And you've guys have played with me for awhile, i'm a smart player. Pnder this, if danny and i were both wolves and he was in the running would i really forget to mention him? That seems like a huge wolf mistake to me, i wouldnt make that. I'll explain why i didnt mention him in a second, i'm gonna try to find that post

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:02 PM   #1096
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote DV
Old 08-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #1097
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Day 1 Voting (as of Post 228):

Chubby 4: Autumn (106), bhlloy (117), EagleFan (164), Lathum (204)
EagleFan 4: Barkeep49 (75), hoopsguy (97), Autumn (174), Racer (222)
Lathum 4: Narcizo (90), Zinto (171), Chubby (195), Thomkal (224)
Danny 3: ntndeacon (80), Telle (205), jeheinz72 (217)
ntndeacon 1: mckerney (94)
Zinto 1: MrBug708 (134)
*Autumn -1:

* - Autumn has -1 to his D1 voting for winning the game-naming contest, narrowly defeating "A Norse is a Norse of course of course"

This was what i was refferring to when i voted. Chubby, EF, and Lathum are all ahead of danny. My info was correct

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #1098
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

And you know how a player will gather votes and then they just lose steam and someone else will be brought to the limelight? I just figured that was happening in this case, i thought the momentum was changing.

If i were a wolf though i would doublecheck every post i made. i wouldnt make these little mistakes. that"s all i can really say on the matter, do with this info as you please

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #1099
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

my hands are tieed right now, i have to

Vote Lathum

Only logical choice right now

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #1100
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This is pretty much the only interchange of note involving Darth. Am I stretching things to far to think that this might be a reason why Dubb was offed? In any case DV is going to have to agree that it looks pretty bad for him that he happened to miss out the known wolf in his statement of who were in the mix at the time. Particularly as his own candidate, Chubby, had the same number of votes as Danny before he made his vote. So his statement that the other three had more votes is incorrect.

So to sum up,

―Darth Plagueis the Wise