Kodos
Resident Alien

Pa's gonna be upset.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #1153
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
(Sanders = PS4 Sanders Supporters = MBBF)

I love this.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #1154
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2644307

Yeah, I know. But it's a pretty good argument on what I don't like about the whole DNC setup. I don't know how Obama managed to beat it, but the party does strike me as a machine for the Clintons.

(I really do wonder what Obama's legacy and influence within the Democratic Party will be, or if he will be completely overshadowed by Bill and Hillary's folks.)
Yeah, Shaun King is ... well, you know.

Sanders is doing the exact same thing Obama did. He raised a ton of money from small donors and tried to win every caucus out there. The problem is that there is no one with any political savvy or expertise running his campaign and building an organization. Obama had brilliant political strategists at the top of their game.

Clinton and her organizers got outfoxed again at caucuses, but not as badly as in 2008. They learned their lesson about how to mitigate the damage and make the caucuses a draw. It was Obama in 2008 who game the system to pick up delegates here and there that made the difference.

Obama beat Clinton by 102 pledged delegates. That's less than two deletes per state/territory that if Clinton had flipped she'd have been the nominee.

Bernie's down 272 and it isn't getting closer.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #1156
bronconick
College Starter

So a debate where both sides slam an absent Hillary for two hours.

Thanks, Bernie.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #1157
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hopefully Bernie spends more time slamming Trump.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:59 AM   #1158
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
So a debate where both sides slam an absent Hillary for two hours.

Thanks, Bernie.
HRC backed out of a planned debate with Sanders. (Evidently she doesn't understand that only Trump can get away with that. ) I think that could have been a pretty big blunder. You've got the nomination all sewn up now, Hillary. Get on stage, play kissy-face with Bernie, talk about what a great race it has been and how he has shaped you, blah blah blah, and as such, make a strong move to win over his supporters. And oh, by the way, it's two Democrats on stage getting to blast Trump when he can't respond. Why turn that down???

EDIT: Not to mention that you've opened the door for Trump to get on stage with all the Bernie anti-establishment folks watching and rant about how rotten the system is and how unfairly it has treated Bernie.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-26-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #1159
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Clinton and Obama should do a joint interview on Colbert or Fallon the same day.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #1160
molson
General Manager

Maybe Clinton should debate John Kasich or Ted Cruz. I think there's some sports leagues that use a playoff format like that - the winner of one division faces the wild card from the other division. And then maybe we can have a "first four" style debate with Jim Webb v. George Pataki

Last edited by molson : 05-26-2016 at 10:52 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #1161
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

LOL at Jim Gilmore not even being able to make molson's parody First Four debate.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #1162
wustin
College Prospect

It's a good move for Trump since he has the nomination. Not sure why Bernie wants to do this.

I expect riots in the audience from both sides.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM   #1163
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
Not sure why Bernie wants to do this.

There will be cameras there. He gets to rant and rave in front of them.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #1164
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I hope he secretly sends Larry David instead. I bet no one would notice.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #1165
molson
General Manager

So will Sanders drop out on Tuesday after Clinton clinches the nomination, or will he still try to cause problems at the convention?

And how much will it suck for Clinton if she loses California? She's going to look really week if she only wins New Jersey.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #1166
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
So will Sanders drop out on Tuesday after Clinton clinches the nomination, or will he still try to cause problems at the convention?

And how much will it suck for Clinton if she loses California? She's going to look really week if she only wins New Jersey.

If she loses California, it's likely to be a 51-49 thing. Sanders is not going to romp.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 06:03 AM   #1167
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Media calls the nomination for Clinton, using a combo of pledged and superdelegates (which has been their tradition).

Of course, by calling it the literal day before the California primary, they give the Bernie folks ammunition--"The Media illegally called the race and suppressed Bernie's turnout before the California primary"--to keep their delusions and conspiracy theories going and going and going. (Note, I am not talking about folks that voted for Bernie. I am talking about the ones that refuse to admit that he is losing and keep coming up with more and more outlandish theories to explain the results that show otherwise).

It is almost as if the Media has an interest in keeping the chaos going until the convention.

I know that this ship sailed a long time ago, but I still miss a world where the media felt some obligation to anything other than collecting eyeballs.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #1168
molson
General Manager

Remember when Sanders said that super-delegates should vote for whoever won their state primary?

Sanders: I'm Still In The Race | The Daily Caller

Now he's going to spend the next few months trying to override the will of the voters and campaign super-delegates to change allegiances.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #1169
Atocep
Coordinator

Pretty sure if there wasn't so much widespread election fraud Bernie would have taken every single delegate in this election on both the democratic and republican sides.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:02 PM   #1170
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I care sooo much about the issues Bernie stands for that I hope Donald Trump is elected President.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:01 AM   #1171
Edward64
Head Coach

Haven't heard much from Bernie. Guess he's hit the acceptance phase.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:23 AM   #1172
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Within the past hour: Bernie Sanders Says He Will Vote for Hillary Clinton - NBC News

Quote:
Asked on MSNBC's Morning Joe whether he will vote for Clinton in November, Sanders responded "Yes."

The Vermont senator, who has not yet formally ended his 2016 campaign, said that stopping Donald Trump from becoming president must be an overarching goal.

"I think the issue right here is I'm gonna do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump," he said.

But Sanders also dismissed the idea that he should withdraw from the Democratic race now that Clinton has secured the nomination.

"Why would I want to do that when I want to fight to make sure that we have the best platform that we possibly can, that we win the most delegates that we can?" he said.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:25 AM   #1173
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm still holding out hope that what this means is that on the 1st or 2nd day of the convention they give him a primetime speaking slot where he a) fires up his supporters again and then b) makes a strong case to his supporters to vote for Clinton while endorsing her himself.

He'll repair a lot of bridges if he does that.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:07 AM   #1174
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I'm still holding out hope that what this means is that on the 1st or 2nd day of the convention they give him a primetime speaking slot where he a) fires up his supporters again and then b) makes a strong case to his supporters to vote for Clinton while endorsing her himself.

He'll repair a lot of bridges if he does that.

I think this is what happens and kinda already signalling with his saying he will vote for Hillary. Let's face it, he got more support than most anybody thought he would including himself. He probably deserves that speaking slot at the convention given how many voted for him.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-24-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #1175
wustin
College Prospect

I'm sure the heads of the DNC had a good long talk with him about what he needed to tell his supporters. I know most of us saw this coming and I hope his diehard supporters realizes this was the inevitable outcome. All of those anti-establishment talking points can go out the window now.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:50 AM   #1176
Dutch
"Dutch"

DNC is lucky. Meanwhile, I have to tie my vote to crack-head Trump...or not.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote