Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2017, 07:59 PM   #1151
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I wish that the media would actually focus on the story--that the President elect has deep ties to a hostile foreign state and the GOP refuses to even investigate them

Here's the thing, seriously:

Russia appears to be less hostile to a halfway tolerable United States than the current (D) / liberal left.

I'd put Putin's ass in the WH over anyone misguided enough to associate themselves with the (D) brand in a heartbeat ... and, push come to shove, so would a LOT of Trump voters. He's at least occasionally sane, something we see far less frequently from the internal enemies.

When people say we don't care, honestly, we really don't.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #1152
tarcone
Coordinator

Wow. This is just amazing.

Are you guys wearing tinfoil hats?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #1153
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

#PEEOTUS
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #1154
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Here's the thing, seriously:

Russia appears to be less hostile to a halfway tolerable United States than the current (D) / liberal left.

I'd put Putin's ass in the WH over anyone misguided enough to associate themselves with the (D) brand in a heartbeat ... and, push come to shove, so would a LOT of Trump voters. He's at least occasionally sane, something we see far less frequently from the internal enemies.

When people say we don't care, honestly, we really don't.

The left is so out of touch with reality it is scary.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #1155
tarcone
Coordinator

The face of the democratic party

Old 01-10-2017, 09:03 PM   #1156
Easy Mac

So what I'm hearing is that R. Kelly still has a shot at being president.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #1157
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
So if it turns out that we don't see tape of Trump getting peed on, then this will all be seen as anti-climatic.

This is a guy who openly lusts after his daughter. Getting peed on by a consenting non-relative adult would be a step up for him.

I wish that the media would actually focus on the story--that the President elect has deep ties to a hostile foreign state and the GOP refuses to even investigate them--instead of whatever weird gross sex thing Trump has going on at the time.

I have stated that I'm not a Trump supporter and that I did not vote for him.

Having said that: Are you really going to talk about media "cover ups" when it comes to Trump after they spent the last 2 years ramming Hillary down Americas throat? Exactly what CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC or NBC anchor supported Trump in this past election? Some of those organizations (CNN, not naming names or anything) have been caught red handed helping Hillary win the nomination.

hell, the media isn't going to cover up any Trump story. The outlets are lined up at the gates waiting for him. I would love to see them catch him in something. (and I for one, hope they do catch him doing something) But to think the media isn't focusing on the Trump flaws? Okily dokily.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:10 PM   #1158
PilotMan
Head Coach

"You know, whether it's believable or not isn't he point, it's that it's possible, and we should totally have a discussion about it as if it was" --- Donald Trump (2008)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #1159
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
The left is so out of touch with reality it is scary.

Coming from guys worshiping Putin and Russia.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #1160
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
The face of the democratic party

Trump thinks vaccines cause autism, Obama was born in Kenya and never attended Columbia, and asbestos is safe. I don't know if these new reports are true or not but I think Trump supporters lost that high ground on conspiracies a long time ago.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #1161
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Coming from guys worshiping Putin and Russia.

Im not sure where you got that I support Russia or Putin. But that statement falls in line with the way democrats think. Make shit up and throw it out there. Truth? Overrated.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #1162
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Im not sure where you got that I support Russia or Putin. But that statement falls in line with the way democrats think. Make shit up and throw it out there. Truth? Overrated.

I'm not a Democrat.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #1163
tarcone
Coordinator

Yes and Hillary lost the election because of Russians And Trump is racist and sexist and a misogynist, who wants to ban people from immigrating.

We can on all day. But the lies from the democratic side are either in greater number or have more mouthpieces to disseminate them. Either way, it is the wrong tact to take. They will continue to lose.

Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 PM   #1164
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not a Democrat.

Im not a Trump supporter

Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #1165
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Yes and Hillary lost the election because of Russians And Trump is racist and sexist and a misogynist, who wants to ban people from immigrating.

We can on all day. But the lies from the democratic side are either in greater number or have more mouthpieces to disseminate them. Either way, it is the wrong tact to take. They will continue to lose.

Everything I said about him and conspiracy theories came from his own mouth. You can find tweets like this easily. Are you saying any of those previous statements are untrue?

I don't believe she lost the election because of Russians. I won't even call Trump a racist, sexist, or misogynist because those words have been so overused they have next to no meaning anymore.

Trump does however have the friendliest foreign policy toward Russia we've likely ever seen in our nation's history (or at least back to the old Russian Empire 100 years ago). His aides and appointments have heavy ties to Russia. His statements on Putin is well documented. So are his stance on NATO and Crimea. Those are not lies, they are words out of his own mouth. These aren't conspiracies at all. You can easily research the backgrounds of the individuals he surrounds himself and read through past speeches and tweets of his own praising pro-Russia policies.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #1166
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

You got it buddy.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:18 PM   #1167
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Andy Borowitz has been killing it today. #trickledowneconomics
Old 01-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #1168
PilotMan
Head Coach

You know, if Streep had gotten up there and talked about "Real Americans" and their love of America by the way they protect the second amendment...and on and on, she would have gotten an entirely different reaction from the right. The fact that she was an citizen with a big platform to speak from would have been seen as a plus instead of a negative.

The tropes would have been how Hollywood could learn a thing or two from her and how more actors and actresses with these views should stand up and talk about it. Instead we're left with arguments that these people shouldn't speak because their platforms are already too big and as single citizens, they shouldn't be allowed to use that to push some kind of agenda.

It's this double sided thinking that undermines the entire argument against her that is being made.

On a different tangent, if any, I mean any Democratic candidate for President had EVER tried to tell a company that they HAD to stay in the US or else, they would have been branded as the most anti-american, anti-capitalist, enemy of the state that has ever existed in American political history. So the idea that somehow the Republicans are going slip this past the public as something they came up with, for the betterment of the country is really beyond me.

Like Steam?

Old 01-11-2017, 08:08 AM   #1169
tarcone
Coordinator

Wow. Are you kidding me?
If Streep had gotten up and said what you are saying, she would have been kicked out of Hollywood. And no sheep is going to do that. Oh wait, no entertainers are performing at Trumps inauguration because they will lose work. Liberals promoting free speech.

I could care less what entertainers say. Entertainers make a living pretending to be someone else. Let them look stupid. Most are, and, like you, have blinders on.
By the way, when are all these Hollywood types leaving the country? I havent seen the mass exodus promised. Too bad.

Next tangent:

Or ELSE what? They get more taxes levied? Kind of like what happens if you dont buy insurance, right?

Old 01-11-2017, 08:21 AM   #1170
RainMaker
General Manager

Why Did BuzzFeed Publish the Trump Dossier? - The Atlantic
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #1171
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh wait, no entertainers are performing at Trumps inauguration because they will lose work. Liberals promoting free speech.

Yeah, the Dixie Chicks weren't hurt at all by their GWB comments, right?

Also, Target boycotts? Bitching about Starbucks and their "holiday" cups? Kellogg's? If speaking out against those with your wallet is fair game, same goes for liberals turning their backs on some performers.

Hell, we're seeing the backlash against Streep from the right right now!
Old 01-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #1172
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Those last 3 paragraphs are spot on.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:51 AM   #1173
tarcone
Coordinator

"When serious and conscientious outlets publish information for whose veracity they cannot vouch"

I pulled this. Remember Watergate. What if those guys had not done their jobs and actually investigated and got sources before they started printing stuff?

I know it is a different time and the goal is to get "news" out before the other guy. But that led to this whole "fake news" problem, right?

Old 01-11-2017, 08:58 AM   #1174
Easy Mac

I dont get it, hasn't trump been asking for transparency and for people to release alleged Clinton emails, but releasing this for public review is somehow wrong?
Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #1175
Easy Mac

Quote:
"When serious and conscientious outlets publish information for whose veracity they cannot vouch"

I pulled this. Remember Watergate. What if those guys had not done their jobs and actually investigated and got sources before they started printing stuff?

I know it is a different time and the goal is to get "news" out before the other guy. But that led to this whole "fake news" problem, right?

It didn't lead to fake news. Fake news is literally just making up shit and publishing it for your echo chamber to consume. What led to fake news is people not wanting to believe news that doesn't confirm to how they want the world to be.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #1176
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
By the way, when are all these Hollywood types leaving the country? I havent seen the mass exodus promised. Too bad.

Maybe there is still a line of right wing nuts waiting to leave the country due to Obama being re-elected in 2012, then the left wing nuts will join them? Hell, maybe all the extremists from both sides can start their own country.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #1177
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Maybe there is still a line of right wing nuts waiting to leave the country due to Obama being re-elected in 2012, then the left wing nuts will join them? Hell, maybe all the extremists from both sides can start their own country.

Arent those called California and Texas?

Old 01-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #1178
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
I could care less what entertainers say. Entertainers make a living pretending to be someone else. Let them look stupid

Pretty funny comment considering who you're defending.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:33 AM   #1179
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Arent those called California and Texas?

Texas says fuck you
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #1180
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If Streep had gotten up and said what you are saying, she would have been kicked out of Hollywood.

Because, you know, Clint Eastwood has never been heard from again since the 2012 election... aside from directing "Jersey Boys", "American Sniper", "Sully", and in rumored to be hired on "The Ballad of Richard Jewel".

But facts were never your strong suit.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #1181
Gaelic Hill
n00b

Quote:
Wow. Are you kidding me?
If Streep had gotten up and said what you are saying, she would have been kicked out of Hollywood. And no sheep is going to do that. Oh wait, no entertainers are performing at Trumps inauguration because they will lose work. Liberals promoting free speech.

I could care less what entertainers say. Entertainers make a living pretending to be someone else. Let them look stupid. Most are, and, like you, have blinders on.

Next tangent:

Or ELSE what? They get more taxes levied? Kind of like what happens if you dont buy insurance, right?

The thing I've come to learn about white liberals is that, in general, their number one priority is their own image. "We love everybody!" (well, we love your votes anyway). Come across our borders and run to our Sanctuary Shities. Don't worry about committing crimes, we will protect you, and if that fails, we will work to pardon you. You lovable radicalized muslims, go ahead and commit terrorist acts, we will send you back to the middle east for more training. It will also give us another chance to call Republicans racist.

And then it is dark, and liberals gather to make their plans. Don't worry about the upcoming debate, we have somebody in place to steal the questions. Let's blow up some local Republican election centers. Let's call Scott Baio with a death threat. Let's go undercover at a Trump rally and try to start fights. Let's chase Trump rallyers down the street and beat the shit out of them. If that doesn't work, pull white guys out of their cars. And if you know any white handicapped people, torture them. If a white kills a black, get Spike Lee to twitter out his home address.

It is light now. The liberals put on their day face and walk among us.
Gaelic Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #1182
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Because, you know, Clint Eastwood has never been heard from again since the 2012 election... aside from directing "Jersey Boys", "American Sniper", "Sully", and in rumored to be hired on "The Ballad of Richard Jewel".

Or Jon Voight or Kelsey Grammer or Tom Selleck or Vince Vaughn or Geralrd Mcraney or Sylvester Stallone or Bruce Willis or...
Old 01-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #1183
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelic Hill View Post
The thing I've come to learn about white liberals is that, in general, their number one priority is their own image. "We love everybody!" (well, we love your votes anyway). Come across our borders and run to our Sanctuary Shities. Don't worry about committing crimes, we will protect you, and if that fails, we will work to pardon you. You lovable radicalized muslims, go ahead and commit terrorist acts, we will send you back to the middle east for more training. It will also give us another chance to call Republicans racist.

And then it is dark, and liberals gather to make their plans. Don't worry about the upcoming debate, we have somebody in place to steal the questions. Let's blow up some local Republican election centers. Let's call Scott Baio with a death threat. Let's go undercover at a Trump rally and try to start fights. Let's chase Trump rallyers down the street and beat the shit out of them. If that doesn't work, pull white guys out of their cars. And if you know any white handicapped people, torture them. If a white kills a black, get Spike Lee to twitter out his home address.

It is light now. The liberals put on their day face and walk among us.

Bubbawheels?
Old 01-11-2017, 09:51 AM   #1184
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Who isnt going tohire Eastwood? He is the most succesful actor/director/producer in Hollywood.

While Streep has been successful, she only acts and can be replaced easily.

Last edited by tarcone : 01-11-2017 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #1185
tarcone
Coordinator

Have those guys made a political speech at a awards presentation? On national tv?

Im not sure. If so, then Im wrong. if not, you know why.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:12 AM   #1186
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Wow. Are you kidding me?

Next tangent:

Or else the US government will interfere with your ability to operate in the market. The US government will purposely work to hurt your bottom line through both the use of tax punishments and public propaganda.

So you're saying then that it wouldn't be considered un-American (ie free market capitalism) for the US government to tell a company how they should or how they will operate?

Because you're full of shit if you think that would have flown at all the last 16 years or longer.

And no, I've got no blinders on brotha. I hit the nail on the head squarely. You may not care what they have to say, then don't pay attention and don't complain, but don't support those who do use their social position to push an agenda you support, otherwise you simply come off looking like a hypocrite.

Like Steam?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #1187
PilotMan
Head Coach

Didn't Trump just run an entire campaign based on lies and subjective based arguments that might not be true, but they could be, so we leave it up to the public to decide whether or not it is?

Now he's railing against the same tactic?

Like Steam?

Old 01-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #1188
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Bubbawheels?

I've been trying to figure out who he is too.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #1189
Gaelic Hill
n00b

OMG, I hope I don't sound like someone named Bubba. I guess I could also not be a "he". But no, it's just me. I put my issue list in an earlier post. Let me know if that list matches this Bubba person.

EDIT: page 22

Last edited by Gaelic Hill : 01-11-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Gaelic Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #1190
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who isnt going tohire Eastwood? He is the most succesful actor/director/producer in Hollywood.

While Streep has been successful, she only acts and can be replaced easily.

... There is just so much wrong with this post it is insane. The world you live in is quite strange and scary - I much prefer reality.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:08 AM   #1191
kingfc22
Head Coach

Still no details. All rambling. Dodge and deflect any question and then spout nonsense for 5 minutes.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #1192
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Re: Streep I couldn't care less if she gives her speech and haven't searched it out, but the anti-sports part I have heard seems pretty dumb. First the implication that football is for neanderthals who don't also enjoy art and culture, and then for including MMA when it's a very international sport. It isn't a liberal vs conservative narrative so much as condescending artist assuming they're all dumb jocks. (Yes, I realize it's likely that Mixed Martial Arts were included because they have art in the name, but it's a cute turn of phrase the facts don't support.)

Re: Trump it's an oppo research dossier from a retired intel officer full of unverified (and apparently in many cases unverifiable) rumors & innuendo. There's definitely some true stuff in there, but also some false stuff when you throw that much shit at the wall. I make it a general rule not to trust them or buzzfeed, but the golden shower part is definitely something 4chan would do, and unfortunately the attention on that part will both be used to gloss over many other allegations contained & be used to discredit future allegations as Fake News.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:59 PM   #1193
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Or else the US government will interfere with your ability to operate in the market. The US government will purposely work to hurt your bottom line through both the use of tax punishments and public propaganda.

So you're saying then that it wouldn't be considered un-American (ie free market capitalism) for the US government to tell a company how they should or how they will operate?

Because you're full of shit if you think that would have flown at all the last 16 years or longer.

And no, I've got no blinders on brotha. I hit the nail on the head squarely. You may not care what they have to say, then don't pay attention and don't complain, but don't support those who do use their social position to push an agenda you support, otherwise you simply come off looking like a hypocrite.

Are you serious? The US government will purposely work to hurt your bottom line through both the use of tax punishments and public propaganda. That is exactly what they did with Obamacare. Taxed you if you didnt comply. And forced business to offer health insurance. Even if they couldnt afford it.

"So you're saying then that it wouldn't be considered un-American (ie free market capitalism) for the US government to tell a company how they should or how they will operate?"
Have you been in country the last 8 years? How many small businesses closed due to Obamacare? And were there not businesses being told what type of things they had to cover. And people they had do business with?
So the government was telling companies how to do business.

And I dont listen to any entertainer. Be it a football player or an actor. They are not in tune enough to listen too. So, you go ahead and let Meryl Streep (hahahaha) be your mouth piece.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #1194
tarcone
Coordinator

And the assumption I back Trump is funny also. I didnt vote for him in either the primary or the general.

Im just tired of the liberal BS.

Im tired of the lies and the rambling and the doging and the deflection.

Im tired of the GOP as well.

I hate some of the appointees that Trump has thrown out there. But what can you do? Cry and bitch and moan like the Alt left?

Old 01-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #1195
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Still no details. All rambling. Dodge and deflect any question and then spout nonsense for 5 minutes.

But enough about this thread.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #1196
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Did you know that the government MAKES companies contribute to unemployment insurance? AND Social Security? AND they have a minimum wage? AND they tax goods and services!

Imagine how much better the bottom line would be without that!
Old 01-11-2017, 03:35 PM   #1197
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Are you serious? The US government will purposely work to hurt your bottom line through both the use of tax punishments and public propaganda. That is exactly what they did with Obamacare. Taxed you if you didnt comply. And forced business to offer health insurance. Even if they couldnt afford it.

Health insurance is a passthrough cost to the employee. Doesn't affect the bottom line. Same with unemployment insurance, social security, etc that businesses are forced to comply with. Same goes for federal income tax withholding. There is a reason you didn't hear much from smart, successful businesses about this.

As for hurting the bottom lines of businesses, where are the results of that? Markets are the highest they've ever been and we're nearing full employment.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #1198
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
As for hurting the bottom lines of businesses, where are the results of that? Markets are the highest they've ever been and we're nearing full employment.

The labor force participation rate is lower than the 50 year average and down significantly from the early 2000s. According to the CBO only half of the drop since Obama took office is due to aging out.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:26 PM   #1199
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
The labor force participation rate is lower than the 50 year average and down significantly from the early 2000s. According to the CBO only half of the drop since Obama took office is due to aging out.

As you mention half of that is baby boomers. We'll likely never reach the peaks we saw in the 80's and 90's when the baby boomers were in their prime years. The decline has also coincided with increase in attending college. If you look at those same numbers for prime working years of 25-54, the numbers have been steadily getting better.

It's an interesting puzzle though. I know a lot of economists disagree on reasons for the remaining drop. Some say it's all about the economy. Some thing it's more complex and might include secondary earners who are only willing to go back to work if the right situation appeared.

Regardless, it doesn't have anything to do with Obamacare hurting actual business bottom lines as tarcone implied. Businesses are thriving even if you conclude that there are many people out of work.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:58 PM   #1200
tarcone
Coordinator

It’s Time to Blame Obamacare for Losing So Many Full-Time Jobs | The Fiscal Times