Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #1201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Barstool has one, too. Looks fake. How'd he get the massive gash on his side?

Haven't looked, not really planning too but that could easily be consistent with the shrapnel wounds & blast injuries that the doctors reported he suffered.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #1202
digamma
Torchbearer

Haven't seen the picture, but I did read an article earlier today that mentioned officers had viewed the photos and the description included the fact that doctors had cut into a large portion of his side during the initial treatment of him.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #1203
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Barstool has one, too. Looks fake. How'd he get the massive gash on his side?

Possibly surgeons after he'd been brought to the hospital or the medical examiner.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #1204
molson
General Manager

I haven't seen it, and it's probably fake, but photos of the body were passed around law enforcement today, so I guess it could have gotten out

Viewing photo of dead suspect cathartic for some law enforcement officers - Boston.com
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #1205
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

This one isn't so much "pathetic" as "wow." For context, I've never seen this guy post anything controversial, be it political, social, cultural, or whatever. I checked his wall to see if I was just missing something, and found that I wasn't. Infrequent posts, and all of them about his kids, other general life stuff, commenting on sporting events, etc. In other words, this guy is far from your run-of-the-mill FB ranter, which makes this rant even more "wow" to me:

Quote:
I'm so excited to read, for what seems like the hundredth time, about this fat, uncool chic and her personal war on Ambercrombie and Fitch's dickhead CEO. Yeah, it sucks to be picked on for being fat. As a person who constantly fights the battle of the bulge, I can empathize. But Christ almighty, your contradicting, woe is me rant is tiresome. At least Mike Jeffries has the balls to be exclusionary "out in the open"! I personally enjoyed the rallying cry to equate Jeffries' douchebaggery to a hate crime. The last time I checked, a person has no control of their sexuality or race. A person does, however, have complete control over their body weight. Now, I know there is a group of people out there that will cry foul at that statement. "Chris, what about people with glandular problems?" "But I have bad genetics..."... Blah blah blah. Fact is, if you consume less calories than you burn in a day, you WILL lose weight! I hate this helpless attitude and victim mentality. Pissed because dickhead Mike called you fat? Lose weight! It can be done. Work your cottage cheese ass off until you can squeeze in to those A&F chinos! The alternative? Shut up and shop at Old Navy! Don't even get me started about the "cool kid" thing! Last time I checked, it wasn't the kids winning senior superlatives that walk into their high school and shoot the place up! I miss the old days.... When being the best was something people aspired to. Children were encouraged to succeed, not just participate. Frankly, it's this chubby girl's defeatist, whiny attitude that sickens me. Try hard, America! Stop being a victim and determine what you are for yourself! I'm not sorry for my "hate filled" speech!

And for clarity, he's overweight himself. *shurg*
Old 07-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #1207
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Leaving aside the fact that the Gregorian calendar repeats every 400 years, and
Leaving aside the fact that fitting 7 distinct calendar days into a 31-day month makes several days repeating five times a requirement and not a rariety, and
Leaving aside the fact that most societies tend not to build legends around events that happen around once every thousand years, and
Leaving aside the fact that most "Ancient Chinese Legends" do not involve Western calendar conventions developed in the 1500s, and
Leaving aside the fact that said Gregorian calendar has not even been around for 823 years, and
Leaving aside the fact re-posting things on Facebook does not make you money,
Wouldn't the fact that we all see this stupid Moneybags thing every three fucking months or so clue you into the fact that it probably overstates the case a little to say that it only repeats every 823 years?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #1208
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Leaving aside the fact that the Gregorian calendar repeats every 400 years, and
Leaving aside the fact that fitting 7 distinct calendar days into a 31-day month makes several days repeating five times a requirement and not a rariety, and
Leaving aside the fact that most societies tend not to build legends around events that happen around once every thousand years, and
Leaving aside the fact that most "Ancient Chinese Legends" do not involve Western calendar conventions developed in the 1500s, and
Leaving aside the fact that said Gregorian calendar has not even been around for 823 years, and
Leaving aside the fact re-posting things on Facebook does not make you money,
Wouldn't the fact that we all see this stupid Moneybags thing every three fucking months or so clue you into the fact that it probably overstates the case a little to say that it only repeats every 823 years?

Hahaha. I feel compelled to work through the arithmetic behind this with some of my relations every several months. Come on, guys...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #1209
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

it's a mystery!

Quote:
I would love to know why an educated woman like myself with 2 college diplomas cant find gainful employment in this town. I truly would like to know why. There is no intensive for anyone to move here or to remain in this town if you cant find employment. I have a family that needs to be supported and my husband is the only one working in this home and has been the only one for a while. I am qualified to do so much yet there is no work . why why why .
Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #1210
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would love to see her resume.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #1211
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Seems as though the local businesses might just need to be properly intensivized.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #1212
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

The author of this (posted as written) is in his mid 40's

Quote:
already planning a trip to Chicago n Milwaukee. My question here is how the hell do you figure how many hours takes when crossing into a new time zone. Do I add travel time?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #1213
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #1214
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

While scary in its working, this isn't a horrible question for someone that doesn't travel a lot. Departure and arrival times use the local time zone, so it makes a person think about actual travel time.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #1215
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
While scary in its working, this isn't a horrible question for someone that doesn't travel a lot. Departure and arrival times use the local time zone, so it makes a person think about actual travel time.

While I am presuming a little in saying this, I feel pretty safe saying this is a driving trip, no flights.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #1216
molson
General Manager

Aside from all that, aren't Chicago and Milwaukee in the same time zone?

Edit: Oh wait, he's going from somewhere else TO Chicago and Milwaukee.

Last edited by molson : 08-14-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #1217
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
it's a mystery!

What did she major in?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #1218
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Not a particular post, but a category of posts that gets under my skin. I have one cousin whose a super busy-body. Likes to gossip, likes knowing "secret" things, likes to vaguebook about her ex, etc. (My personal theory is that she must have had a really kick-ass time in 6th grade and just decided never to leave that state mentally).

Anyway, whenever anyone in my family announces anything (sickness, pregnancy, upcoming vacation plans, etc.), she always has to post with some comment indicating that she was one of the cool insiders who was in-the-know before it was made public.

Random Family Member Post: "We're pregnant!"

Cousin [about 2.4 seconds later because she's also one of those people who lives on facebook]: "Oh, can we talk about this now? I wasn't sure if y'all were still keeping it secret or not."

Random Family Member Post: "Boss is riding me hard at work. Not sure about this new job."

Cousin: "Is it still that bad? I know when we talked about it last night, you were hoping it would be better today. PM me."

I imagine that people like this have always existed, but darn if facebook does not constantly throw them in your face.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-16-2016 at 03:42 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #1219
Suicane75
Coordinator

I had a friend who broke up with a girl, because while on a business trip from Philly to Pittsburgh, when talking to her on the phone, she asked him what time it was there.

And the only thing I ever learned from my cousins facebook was how illiterate he is, which makes it a bit clearer on why he can't hold down a job. Well that and the meth.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #1220
Thomkal
Head Coach

Dear God,

Please save me from all the political posts from my friends and family since the shutdown started.

Thank you that is all.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1221
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Dear God,

Please save me from all the political posts from my friends and family since the shutdown started.

Thank you that is all.

It's an awkward day in Pittsburgh, trying to keep straight what I'm supposed to blame on Obama and what I'm to blame on Tomlin.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1222
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
It's an awkward day in Pittsburgh, trying to keep straight what I'm supposed to blame on Obama and what I'm to blame on Tomlin.

Everything on Tomlin no doubt
Old 10-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #1223
korme
Go Reds

Josh Lusby These days I feel like I know nothing about sports. Cardinals loose there manager and best player and still are killing it. Browns trade off there best player and were using a rookie qb and they are in first. I feel clueless. I do have faith in jockety.
----

I want to tell this guy he knows nothing about something else as well.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #1224
Kodos
Resident Alien

"Jockety"?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #1225
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Every time I pop into this thread I am not only amused, but I do realize how relatively "clean" my Facebook feeds, friends or whatever you call them, actually are.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #1226
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Every time I pop into this thread I am not only amused, but I do realize how relatively "clean" my Facebook feeds, friends or whatever you call them, actually are.

Ya, I actually would like to spice up my feed with some crazies.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #1227
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'd trade in some crazies if I could trade out the all-political or all-Jesus posters. I love my sister-in-law, but I grow tired of hearing about the wonder of Jesus all the time.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #1228
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'd trade in some crazies if I could trade out the all-political or all-Jesus posters. I love my sister-in-law, but I grow tired of hearing about the wonder of Jesus all the time.

Now that I think of it, I have taken steps to actively avoid some crazies. For example, my former assistant posted waaay too much information on Facebook. I didn't want nor need to know a lot of it. So, I blocked her posts.

An old friend is a big time 2nd Amendment guy, I got tired of his constant pro-gun posts, blocked him.

My Uncle's brother - who is actually best friends with Kevin Costner - is also a crazy conservative who always makes political posts, blocked him.

I can handle the social drama, but there's only so much religion/politics I can take on that thing.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #1229
korme
Go Reds

This one guy who routinely used to smash beers all the time gave it up for the good guy upstairs. And he reminds Facebook about every other day the joys of it. It's so cool, man, everyone loves hearing about it.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #1230
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

Seeing the hilarity here makes me wonder if I purged my friends list too much. I added anyone I recognized from high school when I first joined facebook and removed about 75% of them once it became clear they were completely insane. Maybe I should add a couple back for entertainment purposes.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #1231
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I like the occasional crazy post. I still miss the guy who absolutely threw a nutty after the last election.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #1232
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I've got 20 people on my do not see feed list... one of them I will never unblock, he talked about working out every day and about how his diet is soooo hard and about "awesome" video work outs.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #1233
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Did someone declare today as "Let Me Prove I'm An Idiot" Day on Facebook?

Good Lord, it's like the best argument for culling people from my visible posts EVER. And with bi-partisan participation at that.

edit to add: I find myself saying "remember, you're adopted ... you're adopted ... you're adopted" a lot more often since the advent of Facebook.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-14-2013 at 06:20 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #1234
PilotMan
Head Coach

This one has been popping up on my feed today.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #1235
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, except those of us who have credit. I'm (well, my family) actually a lot less responsible about money now that I have (or rather, get paid) more of it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #1236
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

These all from one poster:

Initial post a link re: debt ceiling increase with the comment--

Quote:
Guess the jerk got what he wanted!

some back and forth with another poster revealed these two gems-

Quote:
I can't really comment on that. I have no clue about anything except I know I don't like him but I can't even really give an intelligent reason why

followed by

Quote:
LOL...I haven't liked him since before he was elected. However, since I am not even registered to vote, my voice is silent!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #1237
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah, except those of us who have credit. I'm (well, my family) actually a lot less responsible about money now that I have (or rather, get paid) more of it.

QFT
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #1238
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

A girl posted some pics of nearly or clearly naked dudes. The one that got me was three fully naked dudes lined up in a row and bent over as if they were having sex. Um no, that's not something I want to be seeing in my feed.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #1239
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

So true
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #1240
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I wanna slap the shit outta Vaguebookers.

"Best news ever love you guys"

When questioned she doesn't reply. What's funny is that people "like" the status but also have no idea why.

Vaguebookers need to be bitchslapped.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #1241
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

Vaguebookers need to be bitchslapped.

In an ironic way, this totally needs to be your status.

Like Steam?

Old 11-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #1242
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Not a particular post, but a category of posts that gets under my skin. I have one cousin whose a super busy-body. Likes to gossip, likes knowing "secret" things, likes to vaguebook about her ex, etc. (My personal theory is that she must have had a really kick-ass time in 6th grade and just decided never to leave that state mentally).

Anyway, whenever anyone in my family announces anything (sickness, pregnancy, upcoming vacation plans, etc.), she always has to post with some comment indicating that she was one of the cool insiders who was in-the-know before it was made public.

Random Family Member Post: "We're pregnant!"

Cousin [about 2.4 seconds later because she's also one of those people who lives on facebook]: "Oh, can we talk about this now? I wasn't sure if y'all were still keeping it secret or not."

Random Family Member Post: "Boss is riding me hard at work. Not sure about this new job."

Cousin: "Is it still that bad? I know when we talked about it last night, you were hoping it would be better today. PM me."

I imagine that people like this always exists, but darn if facebook does not constantly throw them in your face.

This reminds me of a real life friend of mine (who i see every 2-3 years at this point) who would always.... ALWAYS... tell me he already knew something if i mentioned it and he did in fact already know it. He was apparently oblivious to the 2,000 times me and other friends just sat there and shook our heads or said "yeah" when hearing something from him we'd already heard about just to keep the conversation flowing.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #1243
heybrad
Norm!!!

Maybe I'm not getting some joke here, but here's an odd one from someone who is consistently crazy.

Quote:
Anyone know where I can buy a used pencil?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #1244
PilotMan
Head Coach

Like Steam?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #1245
Izulde
Head Coach

Guilty as charged on the Envy-Inducing World Traveler.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #1246
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Have you guys checked out my travel blog yet?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #1247
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay I'm already VERY sick of all the posts about the Duck Dynasty guy.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #1248
molson
General Manager

The only thing I feel like I can post on facebook is humorous ironic insincere nonsense. Everything else is either like bragging, or stuff that I can't imagine enough people would give a fuck about.

Last edited by molson : 12-19-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #1249
Easy Mac

"_______ killed his first deer on his birthday...8 point buck!"
The pic is then shown below.

I appreciate that your kid killed an animal by standing very far away from it and hiding, but I don't need to see the pick of a bloody deer and your kid twisting it by its antlers.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #1250
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
"_______ killed his first deer on his birthday...8 point buck!"
The pic is then shown below.

I appreciate that your kid killed an animal by standing very far away from it and hiding, but I don't need to see the pick of a bloody deer and your kid twisting it by its antlers.

My feed would horrify you.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote