Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #1251
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I guess I need to be more obvious then, or forget about clues to my identity altogthere, lol

I think clues are good so when you reveal you can then go back and point them out.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #1252
Telle
College Starter

I passed my Charm of Protection Against Shapeshifters to the Adept.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #1253
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I did get an item that last night for what it is worth. It sucks that such a game was destroyed. Abe thanks for running it. I hope we get this game again in the future. After Dungeon 2 of course lol
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1254
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well that sucks a whole lot, that game was a lot of fun Abe.

I was the exorcist, annoyed that I didn't pick up any of the converts, but oh well.

Went with hoops n1, danny n2, dubb n3 (was he unexorcisable?), and kwhit n4 (which was a tossup with telle, damn!).

I have faith that Abe will continue to produce awesome game themes like this, but this is a real shame.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #1255
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I did get an item that last night for what it is worth. It sucks that such a game was destroyed. Abe thanks for running it. I hope we get this game again in the future. After Dungeon 2 of course lol

I'm hoping to run a dungeon-type game before long.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #1256
J23
College Benchwarmer

I gave my charm of protection against detection to the adept on n1.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM   #1257
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Your clues gave credit to your reveal, which was nice. I don't know that you want your clues to be obvious to where the wolves nail you

So (hey I'm the detective!) wouldn't work?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #1258
KWhit
Coordinator

So I guess the Village wins this one?

Yay us! We rock.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #1259
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So (hey I'm the detective!) wouldn't work?

Maybe you could say something subtle like this:

Quote:
I detect I've got some catching up to do in this thread.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #1260
hoopsguy
General Manager

We had two bad guys down, and I don't think BK was in a great spot.

I think the Village would have won this one, but there was a long way to go.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 AM   #1261
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, it would have hinged on how well Dubb's "hey, I was exorcised and followed, I must be good" bit stood up.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #1262
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Yeah, it would have hinged on how well Dubb's "hey, I was exorcised and followed, I must be good" bit stood up.

I mentioned this earlier, but in a game like this where wolves get to convert players as soon as I learned Poli was a wolf I would have voted Dubb the next day.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:15 AM   #1263
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Wow...

Okay, lemme update the BLACKBALLED list:

Blade
Poli

Take a hiker, loser.

i realize i havent played alot in a long time, but it is really sad that we even have to have a list like this, and whats even more unfortunate is that for me, there are alot more players than just these 2 on the list, and on alot of other peoples lists

Abe, i am real sorry about your game, i wanted to play it, your games are always great, but the second i saw Poli on the signup board it was an absolute no.

I don't know that I will ever play WW again because of garbage like this, and it isnt just Poli. At this point i dont care if after i am done here no one wants me in their game either.

Crimsonfox has been here for 3 or 4 months and calls people "douchebags" for voting him...NEWS FLASH!!!! thats the point of the game, it happens almost every game, and you, CF, are the douchebag!

Poli throws a rod because and accuses lathum of trying to ruin his game and then proceeds to ruin everyone elses game because he got beat...the only words i can come up with are PATHETIC LOSER.

other people that i have always genuinely liked but have had differences with like Dubb, Render, and Schmidty who explode in anger at people who have the temerity to question them, ....do you even realize that people HAVE QUIT FOREVER BECAUSE OF YOUR ANTICS.

and before anyone says "oh, heres saldana calling people out but not saying anything about his BFF"...i have told Lathum more than once that he has acted like a first class asshat, and I have said it in threads and PMs to other people, and have actually not played certain games because he has pissed me off in past ones.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE....this is a game that is based on lying, cheating and deceiving...acting like someone just raped your sister because they dared say you might be a wolf has NO PLACE HERE

and if that is the way you want to act, all i can say is GET THE F$@# OUT!!!!!

have you ever even stopped to wonder where some of the people like EaglesFan27 have gone....let me illuminate you....they QUIT because you are IDIOTS

it just pisses me off that someone can pretend to be "friends", even over the internet, with someone, but then pull shit like Poli just did....this place used to be so much fun with Neon, Wednesday, SnDvls, Alan, Pass, Bug...the list of people that were once regulars and are now gone is longer than the list of players, and I can't believe that it is all because of other things pulling them away....its because it wasnt fun anymore.

im know at points i got wound up at what was happening in game, but use your freaking brains before you type, get up and go watch TV for half an hour

i have always tried to play by one simple rule...if you dont like what someone says attack the idea...attack the play...attack the logic....dont attack the person, and if that is the only way you CAN play, do the rest of us a favor.....DONT!

you have no idea what everyone else in this game does all day long...i know after the stress of real life, the last thing i want is some immature prick behind a keyboard taking potshots at my actual character.

and yes, i know i am calling people out, and calling people names, but sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade and as far as i am concerned, these people have earned it.

sal out
[/rant]
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #1264
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, I quit WW for a few months because of lame blowups like Poli's.

I'm glad I came back, because I do enjoy it, but I totally understand the people that just don't want to put up with it.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #1265
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Abe, i am real sorry about your game, i wanted to play it, your games are always great, but the second i saw Poli on the signup board it was an absolute no.

Weird. I thought it was because you saw I signed up and you couldn't handle the sexual tension between us.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #1266
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Like I said earlier I will be the first to admit I have been an ass in the past. When I realized how I was acting I took a few months off and tried to come back a better player.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #1267
Danny
Head Coach

I have looked over things. This type of action is clearly not acceptable under any circumstance and very unfair to the people involved in this game.

As of now Poli will not be allowed to play in any games of Werewolf going forward.

I personally am not and don't believe we should seek actions of banning him. He clearly lost it today, in a way that affects his WW status for good. However judging by the fact that he deleted his posts, he is remorseful and I do not believe involving the other mods would be helpful to us in the long run.

Further, I believe Poli will realize the consequences of his actions from not being allowed to play in games and if given that opportunity, will not be detrimental to the community. And again, involving the main mods should be a last resort.

Last edited by Danny : 03-26-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #1268
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

sal, I want you in my game (not for this rant, I am referring to you saying no one wants you in their game).

Maybe we need to add a couple "civility" mods, a couple even minded players who very rarely get mad and who play in enough games to always have one around who would have mod powers to delete posts or lock users out from a thread (if that's possible).

I mean, I would like to think we as a community can make a concerted effort to take to heart some of what sal posted (most of which I agree with, calling people out aside), but let's face it, there's no community on Earth, live or on Internet that doesn't lose touch with things like this over time, or in which there aren't at least a few individuals who just don't give a damn. Those are the situations for which a civility mod would be useful.

And let's face it, this is a game that by its nature makes us antagonistic. If there's a place at FOFC to have moderators like that, this is it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #1269
KWhit
Coordinator

Personally, I would prefer that he be perma-banned from at least this sub-forum so that he didn't even have the opportunity to shit all over another game like he has at least twice now.

But I suppose if he isn't allowed to play in any more games then he won't have any inside knowledge to out-and-out ruin another one like he has this one.

So, thanks Danny for dealing with this crappy situation, and I respect your decision.

I look forward to my next asshat-free game.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #1270
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree with everything kwhit said.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #1271
Danny
Head Coach

On a separate note, Abe is once again on the top of the GM list and will be able to run a game whenever he is ready/wants.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:20 PM   #1272
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
other people that i have always genuinely liked but have had differences with like Dubb, Render, and Schmidty who explode in anger at people who have the temerity to question them, ....do you even realize that people HAVE QUIT FOREVER BECAUSE OF YOUR ANTICS.

I don't think I've eploded at anyone other than Lathum that one time (Which is over), in like 4-5 years. I think people can attest to that.

WW just isn't worth getting really worked up anymore. Guess I'm just getting old.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #1273
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Alright, I need to get a vote in and, as much as I hate when this happens, I want some info from yesterday's lynch. Because of that, I'll

vote ntn

I will, however, be doing more reading up on the CR argument since that seems to be where we are going.

Quote:
Did my vote break a 3-3 tie?

Quote:
Each time I recall a two-man run off in the past, you've oftentimes argued to lynch the other candidate afterwards to get info. Why the change here?

Quote:
Putting aside then ntn, I re-read the arguments against CR and see a little of the Henry case but I have a better feel for:

vote CR

Quote:
That is a very good question from a timing stand point. My guess is he attempted to use it at night but I'll be watching for this answer as well.

Damn, sorry to see this happen, but I was particularly proud of the above run of posts. Plus, either he mistyped and I was giving him too much credit or Hoops caught it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, based on a very quick read the two guys that have given me the worst vibe over the past 36 hours are Thomkal and PurdueBrade, in that order. I'm guessing I won't have time to do post dredging today to back those assertions and move votes, but if it was wide open I would go for one of these guys.

Now, has someone been keeping a vote count? If not, I'll try to put one together but I'll be starting from ground zero.

Quote:
Hoops, is your suspicion of me because I've been more of a pt player this game? Spring Break is keeping me pretty limited as we've been busy.

I was fishing above to see if he figured it out because I was surprised, out of the blue, for him to name me as a suspect.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 PM   #1274
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
On a separate note, Abe is once again on the top of the GM list and will be able to run a game whenever he is ready/wants.

GREAT call, I love Abe games and am sorry to see this happen.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #1275
henry296
College Starter

If I had been saved the night DV was killed, dubb did a great job of setting me up for the next night.

As I was thinking through the game that afternoon, I was likely to switch to DV because the only case against me was protecting DV.

As for the the rest of my story, completely the truth.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #1276
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

While I applaud the overall message sent by this decision, I think as a practical matter, it probably will require modifying, unless we want to wait a bit.

The first obstacle to get over is: is Abe willing to immediately run another game? It would be understandable if this one left a bad taste in his mouth.

The second obstacle is that Abe doubtless doesn't have another game just ready to go. He states here in this thread that he put in some 25-30 hours setting this game up, and from my past experience with his games, my guess is this time frame is a similar requirement for all of his games. I would also presume that that's 25-30 hours done in spaces in his daily schedule across a time period of perhaps weeks, but at the very least some days.

In other words, if Abe is willing and we stick with Abe starting up a game, it could be a week or two before we get another game.

I would suggest we allow whoever is next to go, and give Abe the option to stick his name in on the current list at whatever point by which he feels he can have a game ready or be inclined to run a game.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #1277
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
While I applaud the overall message sent by this decision, I think as a practical matter, it probably will require modifying, unless we want to wait a bit.

The first obstacle to get over is: is Abe willing to immediately run another game? It would be understandable if this one left a bad taste in his mouth.

The second obstacle is that Abe doubtless doesn't have another game just ready to go. He states here in this thread that he put in some 25-30 hours setting this game up, and from my past experience with his games, my guess is this time frame is a similar requirement for all of his games. I would also presume that that's 25-30 hours done in spaces in his daily schedule across a time period of perhaps weeks, but at the very least some days.

In other words, if Abe is willing and we stick with Abe starting up a game, it could be a week or two before we get another game.

I would suggest we allow whoever is next to go, and give Abe the option to stick his name in on the current list at whatever point by which he feels he can have a game ready or be inclined to run a game.

Yes, all of this is fine. Hopefully we hear from Abe on this and assuming he doesn't want to immediately run another game, we'll go to the next on the list. I just want to give him that opportunity.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM   #1278
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I passed my Charm of Protection Against Shapeshifters to the Adept.

And I thank you for it! I also received the one that avoided detection, whoever sent that one.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #1279
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

OH, and I did receive Jackal's mistletoe. We never came back to it but I asked Abe via PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #1280
Autumn
Head Coach

Thomkal, I think your level of hints were good. You don't really want anything more obvious than that. Raider's Army hinted at his role and got himself killed. Unfortunately you just can't make it obvious, but i'ts good to have something confirming what you say so we can see it wasn't off the cuff fake.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #1281
Danny
Head Coach

I had a mistletoe and lantern of substance, no idea what to do with either, so I just hung onto them hoping I would learn more at some point.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #1282
Telle
College Starter

Oh I forgot about the mistletoe. What was the purpose of that one?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #1283
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
ITEMS

Sprig of Mistletoe – If you would be corrupted by the failure of a spell, instead this is spoiled, and you are not corrupted. This time.

Here you go Telle
Old 03-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #1284
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow, looks like i missed alot.... too bad all the good stuff is gone

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #1285
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Alos, as someone who doesn't play (and has no intention of returning), i cant imagine anything that would cause me to ban someone from a forum... its one thing to say he cant play, but to ban him from the forum is ridiculous. but no one really cares what i think :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #1286
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

See what happens when I get voted out early...

Trying to figure out what happened but I am guessing that the game was blown up by posts (which have been deleted). On that note, thank you for voting me out day one so I didn't have much time invested prior to the blow up...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #1287
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
Alos, as someone who doesn't play (and has no intention of returning), i cant imagine anything that would cause me to ban someone from a forum... its one thing to say he cant play, but to ban him from the forum is ridiculous. but no one really cares what i think :P

Who cares what you think....

Sorry, couldn't resist.

There could be reasons to ban someone from a forum but I don't know if this would be it. If someone was a constant troll that could be a reason. I don't think this meets that definition though.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:36 PM   #1288
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
So I guess the Village wins this one?

Yay us! We rock.

Everyone wins except Poli! I didn;t want to put that in the thread title though

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #1289
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, all of this is fine. Hopefully we hear from Abe on this and assuming he doesn't want to immediately run another game, we'll go to the next on the list. I just want to give him that opportunity.

Yeah, I just pm'd Danny that I'll need a bit We should go ahead and start playing other games.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #1290
Danny
Head Coach

I think those who were already dead win.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #1291
Danny
Head Coach

We'll have news about the next game by the end of the day most likely.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #1292
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thanks for the well-wishing on the job front. That was indeed a depressing day. I had a great interview. Within the hour I was told by the recruiter I had the job. Then I had to hop a bus to a movie theater to retrieve my phone that I left there. When I got back I was told that there was a message saying I didn't get the job after all. Not a minute later, I scrolled down to see that I was out of the game so suddenly. So wow what a depressing day. They did bring me in for another interview. It turns out that was just kind of a technicality and I did get the job anyway. A little anticlimactic but at least I have work now.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #1293
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Clearly, this game needs this now more than ever

jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #1294
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Thanks for the well-wishing on the job front. That was indeed a depressing day. I had a great interview. Within the hour I was told by the recruiter I had the job. Then I had to hop a bus to a movie theater to retrieve my phone that I left there. When I got back I was told that there was a message saying I didn't get the job after all. Not a minute later, I scrolled down to see that I was out of the game so suddenly. So wow what a depressing day. They did bring me in for another interview. It turns out that was just kind of a technicality and I did get the job anyway. A little anticlimactic but at least I have work now.
congrats!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #1295
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Seriously though, that really sucks what went down.

Bright side though, having not even come to this forum in forever, reading even a half-discussion on a game gives me the itch to play again.

That oughta more than make up for the injustices that occured.
Old 03-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #1296
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I for one will welcome you back with open arms
Old 03-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #1297
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Seriously though, that really sucks what went down.

Bright side though, having not even come to this forum in forever, reading even a half-discussion on a game gives me the itch to play again.

That oughta more than make up for the injustices that occured.

Welcome back Heinz! I know of a game that is about to start...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:58 PM   #1298
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Man, you know that scene in Major League where Corbin Bernsen puts the red ticket on Charlie Sheen's locker to make him think he's cut, leading to the manager saying, "I think someone's having a little fun with you, son"?

Yeah, I think that's what your new employees are doing, screwing with your head. You should go find your new boss and punch him out like Wild Thing Vaughn.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #1299
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I for one will welcome you back with open arms

Yeah but what about if I play WW again?

We should take our private matters to PM, no?

Old 03-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #1300
Telle
College Starter

So you did get the job then CF? Congrats!!