Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #13001
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Or it sounds like an awesome new topping for chili dogs! Want mustard but don't want people to think you're weird for putting it on a chili dog? Sneak it in with the cheese!

SI

Wait, people think it's weird to put mustard on a chilli dog?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #13002
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Made a weekend work trip to Pittsburgh..for my new job.

What did I learn.

I should have moved over to this company 2 yrs ago when I had the chance, I let people I was with "Coerce me into my decisions"

that also leads me to believe I let that same person push negativity into my life.

I realized a lot how much I love this type of job, how fun it is and how helping people change there life has always been a positive impact for me.

Time to shuck the negative thought Processes I have had for a couple of years..also know as flushing the "Buffalonian" out of me...LOL
Old 04-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #13003
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There is a gym in my building. It's nice enough. I try to go there during lunch 2-3 days a week. It's a nice routine.

I manage to have some time Friday, so I hit the gym. I shower start putting my clothes on and realize that I forgot a fresh pair of underwear. So, my options are either to go commando or put the sweaty pair back on. Had I realized that I forgot the extra pair before working out, I could have just gone commando in the gym, but I didn't. So... I choose to put the sweaty pair back on. It was not very comfortable, but since Friday is "jeans day", I could handle it.

So, fast forward to today. I have some time again, hit the gym and... I forgot my extra underwear AGAIN. And didn't notice until AFTER I worked out AGAIN. This time I have dress pants. So, I went to Jos A Bank (which is also in the building) and bought a new pair of underwear. Of course, because it's Jos A. Bank everything in the store is "buy one get one free" so I got two pair. I hit the closest bathroom to change. I use on pair of new underwear as a towel and then put the other on. They aren't that comfortable. A little tighter than I have grown accustomed to, but better than the alternative...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #13004
Kodos
Resident Alien

I could have done without that random thought.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #13005
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Built a gutter garden on the side of the deck for strawberries. Hoping it turns out next summer. Basically the runners all hang over the edge and the fruit is easy to pick.

Also does anyone use any of these mail order garden stores? Was thinking about getting some (good) apple trees and cutting down the shitty apple trees I have. I even see they have some 5 in 1 trees with multiple strands of apples grafted onto the same one. I know it's probably going to be 3-5 years before these yield much fruit, but I will probably be here for awhile.

Last edited by stevew : 04-28-2014 at 02:25 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:26 PM   #13006
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
There is a gym in my building. It's nice enough. I try to go there during lunch 2-3 days a week. It's a nice routine.

I manage to have some time Friday, so I hit the gym. I shower start putting my clothes on and realize that I forgot a fresh pair of underwear. So, my options are either to go commando or put the sweaty pair back on. Had I realized that I forgot the extra pair before working out, I could have just gone commando in the gym, but I didn't. So... I choose to put the sweaty pair back on. It was not very comfortable, but since Friday is "jeans day", I could handle it.

So, fast forward to today. I have some time again, hit the gym and... I forgot my extra underwear AGAIN. And didn't notice until AFTER I worked out AGAIN. This time I have dress pants. So, I went to Jos A Bank (which is also in the building) and bought a new pair of underwear. Of course, because it's Jos A. Bank everything in the store is "buy one get one free" so I got two pair. I hit the closest bathroom to change. I use on pair of new underwear as a towel and then put the other on. They aren't that comfortable. A little tighter than I have grown accustomed to, but better than the alternative...

TMI my friend...TMI.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:12 PM   #13007
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Discovered today that my cheap but serviceable microphone that I've used to record all manner of things for the past couple of decades has died due to a bend/break right at the connector. I think I paid something like just under $20 for it ages & ages ago, pretty sure I got more than my money's worth out of it.

You are ill prepared for when Donald Sterling comes around then.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #13008
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My death star sized lasagna just came out of the oven. Hopefully it can cool off in the next 10-15 minutes so I can have a piece before work.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #13009
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
My death star sized lasagna just came out of the oven. Hopefully it can cool off in the next 10-15 minutes so I can have a piece before work.

I bet you ate it too quick, and now have a weird piece of skin hanging from the blister in your mouth.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #13010
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I bet you ate it too quick, and now have a weird piece of skin hanging from the blister in your mouth.

Luckily it chilled out. I actually only did one layer of Ricotta and a provolone top. Tried to make it more about spinach and ground turkey. I usually make an extra large an freeze about 2/3rds for separate meals.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #13011
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Another work weekend in Pittsburgh.....
Old 04-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #13012
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If I ate myself would I double in size or disappear completely?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #13013
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

About a year and a half ago, I dated this girl briefly...maybe 2 months. While we were dating, she mentioned that she was cursed: everyone she dates goes on to meet their future wife right after they date her. I laughed and mentioned that it had happened to me a time or two before as well. We parted ways, and have spoken maybe once or twice since. Today I get this text message from her:

"Hi Vince. Just wanted to share some good news and say thank you. Your 'curse' has been a total blessing in my life. Adam and I got married in March. Our baby is due in November. Thank you for being the kind person that you are."
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #13014
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bumped this thread from the second page, wonder how often thats happened.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:49 AM   #13015
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I will never understand why anyone puts ketchup on eggs.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:42 PM   #13016
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So last weekend I got on the roof and removed a bird nest from under the eve's of our house. I don't do the roof. This week. Fucking birds rebuild the nest. FUCK YOU BIRDS!!!

Adding baby bird killer to my resume now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #13017
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Adding baby bird killer to my resume now.

Careful - karma's a bitch.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-03-2014 at 04:44 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:55 PM   #13018
Dutch
"Dutch"

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #13019
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Careful - karma's a bitch.

Didn't want to, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #13020
Izulde
Head Coach

Got to meet 1990 NCAA Final Four MVP Anderson Hunt today. Very laid back and chill, very easy guy to talk to.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 06:13 PM   #13021
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know why we learn the names such people as James Garfield(although his death was very interesting IMO) in history class but don't include the guy/gal who invented Margaritas.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #13022
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I was emailing someone at work the other day and his name was Brad. You can be 100% sure I started that email with "Hey Brad"
Old 05-04-2014, 06:05 PM   #13023
mckerney
Coordinator

))<>((
Old 05-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #13024
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I don't know why we learn the names such people as James Garfield(although his death was very interesting IMO) in history class but don't include the guy/gal who invented Margaritas.

Your high school didn't teach you about Jimmy Buffett?
Old 05-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #13025
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

You know, I say the same thing, but I adore a local places' breakfast burrito with salsa on it. And I've put salsa on omelets...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #13026
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'll occasionally use ketchup if there is no hot sauce available
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #13027
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Friday night I sit down and go to plug in my laptop charge in my hotel room, the damn thing literally blew up in my hand, I almost started a fire in my room, I felt the shock....WOW is all I can say..
Old 05-05-2014, 12:58 AM   #13028
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Friday night I sit down and go to plug in my laptop charge in my hotel room, the damn thing literally blew up in my hand, I almost started a fire in my room, I felt the shock....WOW is all I can say..

Similar thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. Heard a strange high-pitched noise I couldn't immediately locate, then saw some smoke coming out. Surely it would have lasted longer with gentler handling, but for something that lasted 5+ years and cost under $10 to replace, the new charger probably has a life of being unceremoniously tossed into backpacks and luggage to look forward to.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #13029
Blackadar
Retired

I'm going to see Brit Floyd, the Pink Floyd tribute band, this Friday. I've seen the real Floyd in concert 4 different times but since they don't tour anymore I'm going with the next best thing. Maybe.

'Cause what happens if I like Brit Floyd better than Pink Floyd?

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-05-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #13030
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So yesterday morning the right side of my vision gets blurry, so if I am reading something I can't really make out the words on the right,, accompanied by blue zig zag flashing lights. Lasts for about 20 minutes. So of course I am worried about a stroke, etc...all goes away and I feel fine.

Call the eye doctor today, I am going to see them later, but they think I had something called an occular migraine. Was really weird.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #13031
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So yesterday morning the right side of my vision gets blurry, so if I am reading something I can't really make out the words on the right,, accompanied by blue zig zag flashing lights. Lasts for about 20 minutes. So of course I am worried about a stroke, etc...all goes away and I feel fine.

Call the eye doctor today, I am going to see them later, but they think I had something called an occular migraine. Was really weird.

Based on your description, and based on what it was like when I got one (twice), that's what I'd guess it is. Such a weird experience.

Hope it's that simple!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:09 PM   #13032
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Based on your description, and based on what it was like when I got one (twice), that's what I'd guess it is. Such a weird experience.

Hope it's that simple!

/tk

Got back from the eye doctor a little while ago, thats exactly what it was.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #13033
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Two women in the hotel across the street, strutting around in front of the windows in lingerie and naked...it looks like they are doing this for the construction workers down on the street, it's pretty comical to watch them..I am going to try and get a picture next time they do it.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM   #13034
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

pics plz k thx
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #13035
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
pics plz k thx

He is in Pittsburgh, this could be a case of be careful what you wish for...
Old 05-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #13036
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
He is in Pittsburgh, this could be a case of be careful what you wish for...

Actually, I am back in Buffalo, but that is not any better. But they weren't bad looking and had great bodies.

I think they got in trouble with the hotel, haven't seen them since.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #13037
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Frustrates the shit out of me when a power plug on a device takes up more than one slot on a power strip. The plug on the new Fire TV is a box and it takes up 3 slots on my power strip. Simply unacceptable.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #13038
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Frustrates the shit out of me when a power plug on a device takes up more than one slot on a power strip. The plug on the new Fire TV is a box and it takes up 3 slots on my power strip. Simply unacceptable.

This! I'd rather the box be further back on the cord if you're going to do that. Nothings more frustrating with planning out your power strips than having a full strip of 6 and only being able to fit 2 or 3 bricks on it and the rest be wasted space.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:27 PM   #13039
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ugh. 4 year old has been up for 2 hours coughing nonstop and showing no signs of stopping.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #13040
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That was a long night.

Finally went into his own bed aroung 12:30, poor little guy was so tired he said he was ready to sleep in his own bed. By 1:00 he was back in ours hacking away, fell asleep by 2 and was up throughout coughing.

He was a trooper, never crying or whining about it, but man, I am exhausted.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #13041
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I bought a few of these 1ft 16AWG Power Extension Cord Cable - SJT 16/3C NEMA 5-15P TO NEMA 5-15R (13A/125V) - Black - Monoprice.com to work around this issue.

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-07-2014 at 07:51 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:56 AM   #13042
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Or this 14inch 16AWG Power Cord Splitter Cable - SJT 16/3 2 NEMA 5-15R TO 1 NEMA 5-15P SP509+SP506x2 - Black - Monoprice.com

Got one of those with 3 ports instead of 2, can't find that specific one now. In any case, no issues with crappy power cables smothering ports.

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-07-2014 at 07:56 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:45 AM   #13043
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Up until a few months ago, I never considered Etsy to be much of anything. As it turns out, it's an excellent place to find some unique and original geekish-type things for gifts.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #13044
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Up until a few months ago, I never considered Etsy to be much of anything. As it turns out, it's an excellent place to find some unique and original geekish-type things for gifts.

Agreed. I was looking for a groomsman gift for my brother-in-law, and he's a guy that any of the traditional gifts wouldn't work for. I ended up getting most of the guys a good, semi-unique bottle of their favorite type of alcohol, but this guy doesn't drink.

Ended up getting him this, as he's a big Phillies fan, in the larger version and framed it on my own. He really liked it for the basement.

Last edited by Logan : 05-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #13045
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Oh that is a damn dangerous site. Between there, Amazon, ThinkGeek and Hammacher I knock off almost all my gift shopping (both for others and myself) every year.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #13046
Logan
Head Coach

It's a site that probably needs to market itself better. I thought it was nothing but artsy/home furnishings/clothing related items aimed at women.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #13047
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
It's a site that probably needs to market itself better. I thought it was nothing but artsy/home furnishings/clothing related items aimed at women.

I dare say that's coming sooner rather than later. Major media push from a Q&A with the CEO over the weekend, WSJ now touting them as being positioned for an IPO ... yeah, I'm pretty sure that we'll be hearing a lot more about them soon.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-07-2014 at 10:08 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #13048
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

That's exactly what I thought of it. One my best friends is turning 40 this year, so I wanted to get him something. He's been obsessed with "Dark Souls" for a whole now, so I wanted to get him something along those lines, did an internet search, found very little, but came across some pint glasses and tumblers that some guy etched in characters/bosses from the game into. They looked great, so I picked up a few.

I have nephew named Bastian - after the kid from "Never Ending Story" - and I found some artist who drew a fantastic drawing of Atreyu and Falkor.

Another friend's birthday is around the corner. The guy loves his zombies, so I picked up a baseball hat with the television station logo from the original "Dawn of the Dead" (been his favorite movie since I've known him - over 25 years) and a Christmas ornament with a tiny diorama of zombies chasing people.

It's been gold!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:36 AM   #13049
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I thought the same
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 AM   #13050
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed. I was looking for a groomsman gift for my brother-in-law, and he's a guy that any of the traditional gifts wouldn't work for. I ended up getting most of the guys a good, semi-unique bottle of their favorite type of alcohol, but this guy doesn't drink.

Ended up getting him this, as he's a big Phillies fan, in the larger version and framed it on my own. He really liked it for the basement.

That's pretty sweet.