Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #1351
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
No time to analyse now.

Thor's Hammer turning out to be an illusion makes me suspicious of Hoops or Telle I must say. I'm sure it makes them suspicious of me as well. Presuming no-one else comes out and says that they have had Thor's Hammer (which is absolutely in the game, according to the rules) then it seems the wolves have taken it and created an illusion of it to create the chain. From what I can tell:
Telle -> Narcizo -> Hoops -> Chubby

I received it last night and then passed it to Chubby. So I was the one who passed what turned out to be a fake hammer to Chubby.

Last edited by Racer : 08-12-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Was multi quoting till I saw this.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #1352
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wait, so hoops and Racer both passed what they thought was Thor's hammer, to Chubby, and Chubby got the fake one?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #1353
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Wait, so hoops and Racer both passed what they thought was Thor's hammer, to Chubby, and Chubby got the fake one?

I got mine at the end of the day. Then passed it a bit later. Then a couple minutes later Chubby came out and said he had the hammer and it turned to dust. I assume he got mine.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #1354
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Can you be more specific as to "end of the day" and "a bit later"

I'm also then curious on the timing of hoops passing his hammer
Old 08-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #1355
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I believe item moving occurs after the lynch but before the night kill - and if two items and handed over to one person that person receives one of them at random and the other is dished out at random. Which means that someone should have the hammer.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #1356
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I received it last night and then passed it to Chubby. So I was the one who passed what turned out to be a fake hammer to Chubby.

THis is confusing? Did you pass it a second time in one night?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #1357
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Yeah - my understanding is that you get the item at the start of the day.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #1358
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It's not certain that yours was the fake but this makes me feel a bit better about Telle.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #1359
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
often I'll be around so I'm just throwing out a vote. I have no idea who's going to be garnering votes today, and i don't have time to look up vote histories, so I'm just going back to Barkeep who I still have a strong feeling is a wolf. With any luck I'll have a chance to move my vote around before deadline.

vote barkeep49

I just find it hard to believe that you would think voting Barkeep makes sense at this stage. Are you Chubby? This just seems like you're keeping your options open to move your vote to potentially save a wolf buddy later in the day. But I can't imagine you thinking that voting Barkeep makes sense if you're a wolf either. I just can't make head or tails of this.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #1360
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle - a few questions if you don't mind. Were you informed that you had the Hammer in your initial PM? And why did you vote Danny on day one?

Yes, I was informed that I had the Hammer in my initial PM. As for Danny.. it was time to consolidate. As I recall the votes were REALLY spread out. Out of the available people who already had at least one vote, he was the most appealing since he ticked me off going on and on about how horrible my Autumn vote was.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #1361
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
You congratulate each other on your successful killing of another one of Loki's agents. However, in all the excitement, you have lost track of J23. You find him 30 minutes later, slain with a dagger protruding from his shoulder blades. You note that he is a young man and a powerful looking warrior.

J23 was Magni

Day 4 now begins

Quote:
Chubby, would you like an item? Otherwise, I'll have to think more on who to pass it to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
perhaps, is it listed in the rules?

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
with J23's death I'll state the obvious.

I am Thor.

Quote:
yes I got my Hammer, or what appeared to be my Hammer. It turned to dust as soon as I got it which makes me think it was an illusion of Loki's.

Hence why I am very interested in the "non-listed" item that hoops now has.

Quote:

I'm also then curious on the timing of hoops passing his hammer

I received a pm at 10:29 pm last night that I had received Thor's hammer. Hence why I then I asked if he wanted my item (knowing he was either Thor or Modi). I was debating it until Chubby came out at 10:58 pm proclaiming to be Thor. Looking back at my sent PMs, I sent an action to JAG at 11:01 pm to send Thor's Hammer to Chubby. At 11:02 pm, Chubby said he had Thor's hammer. Until this morning, I didn't realize he had said it turned to dust. I still thought it was the hammer that I sent him. However, now that I've written this, it seems unlikely given the time frame. JAG would have had to PM Chubby and Chubby would have had to come out and say he had the hammer in a time frame of 1 to 2 minutes.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #1362
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I understand that. My point was about why Telle might have revealed having the hammer, or a fake hammer, on day one, when no one knew who Thor was.

I didn't reveal that on Day 1. I revealed on Day 2 that I had had the hammer on Day 1, and that I let it go random. Other people were revealing items they had and what they did with them, so I thought it was prudent to be open about my dealings with an item.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #1363
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Racer I think you probably still have the Hammer. I think it was handed to you at the start of today and you've asked for it to be handed to Chubby tonight. Ask JAG if you still have the Hammer in your possession.

Which means that "our" Hammer is the fake.

I think. Although it's making my head hurt.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #1364
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway, this makes me think that the game probably started with the fake hammer. To add confusion.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #1365
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh I forgot

Vote Monday, Day Five
Old 08-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #1366
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
I got mine at the end of the day. Then passed it a bit later. Then a couple minutes later Chubby came out and said he had the hammer and it turned to dust. I assume he got mine.

Catching up, but I got my notification on the hammer within 30 minutes of the deadline, just as I did for all of the other items I have received so far this game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #1367
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As long as we're in a day cycle over the weekend as I hate being in a night cycle where there can be basically no weekend activity

Vote Monday
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:05 AM   #1368
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Racer I think you probably still have the Hammer. I think it was handed to you at the start of today and you've asked for it to be handed to Chubby tonight. Ask JAG if you still have the Hammer in your possession.

Which means that "our" Hammer is the fake.

I think. Although it's making my head hurt.

Agree with this, after tracking down the posts Racer referenced.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #1369
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Catching up, but I got my notification on the hammer within 30 minutes of the deadline, just as I did for all of the other items I have received so far this game.

You mean 30 minutes after deadline right?

So you got yours Wednesday night, and passed it to Chubby, passing which happened last night?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #1370
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Which would then mean Racer has the real hammer, now, and can pass to Chubster tonight.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #1371
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
You mean 30 minutes after deadline right?

So you got yours Wednesday night, and passed it to Chubby, passing which happened last night?

Yeah, here is my items timeline:
Start of D2 (Wednesday): got mistletoe, passed to J23, who confirmed receiving it
Start of D3 (yesterday): got hammer, passed to Chubby, who had hammer turn to dust
Start of D4 (today): got dancing sword, have not yet decided where to pass it
Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1372
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
As long as we're in a day cycle over the weekend as I hate being in a night cycle where there can be basically no weekend activity

Vote Monday

Day 4 will fully process and Day 5 will begin sometime post-deadline tonight. (another way of saying, I agree with you)
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:28 AM   #1373
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
The chart is supposed to show each person's vote in terms of the voting record at the time of their vote.

Based on my incomprehensible chart I feel good about Heinz. While Telle's vote got Danny past the joke-vote stage I think she could reasonably expect Lathum, Eagle and Chubby to garner the most votes for the rest of the day. Heinz, on the other hand, put Danny on a level footing with the rest of the day one candidates.

I think Thomkal and Bug are the best candidates in terms of pure voting history. Both of their second day votes were so late that they didn't matter. I didn't like the way Bug was voting Lathum because he trusted Chubby - perfect excuse if Lathum turns up villager. Thomkal was pushing at Lathum. While I recognise that he had a decent case he has to accept that his reasoning left him pushing an unknown over a wolf.

Autumn getting blinkers on Barkeep and those blinkers apparently leading him to vote Lathum over Darth Vilus looks really bad. Seems like he was using any excuse to defend DV - despite claiming to be after him for two days. I give him a smidgeon of trust over the way he corralled voters onto Danny day two - but I think he would recognise that Danny was a lost cause and understood Chubby's reveal. He did vote DV in the stage between reveals on day two but moved to Heinz. Which seems odd as that was Danny's candidate.

If you recognise that Chubby was revealing as Thor then mau putting the fifth vote on Danny is pretty irrelevant. Other than that he put Chubby in the lead when 4-4-4-4 on day one and chased after Barkeep day three.

I think there are a number of good candidates. Not sure who's the best one though.

Just a quick jump in here to comment on this and to let you know I'm mostly going to be away from my computer for a good chunk of the afternoon.

I have no real defense against what Narcizo said about me here. I moved late on Danny and I can understand why people would think its a wolf move. My hesitation on voting for Danny stemmed more from the Day 1 debacle in the Dark Knight game where Danny pulled something similar, I helped support him wanting to be lynched, he turned out to be the Joker, and it was basically game over for the village (so like Chubby I was happy to choose the right way this time over the guy who got me in that game).

I really thought I was on the right track with Lathum and I still may be despite last night's results. I would find it surprising that wolves would push DV over a fellow wolf in Lathum, as there was still going to be suspicion on him. And frankly if I changed late to Darth, it would have made me look even more like a wolf. After feeling so strongly about Lathum being a wolf, I just couldn't see backing off him even at the end.

So vote me if you feel you must, but I really am just a villager with a bad voting record.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM   #1374
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote hoops

Not a fan of his voting record. Will jump on later to try to explain more. Heading to yet another meeting so no time at the moment.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #1375
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote hoops

Not a fan of his voting record. Will jump on later to try to explain more. Heading to yet another meeting so no time at the moment.
I certainly have a raised eyebrow myself. I can't quite decide what to make of his voting history which I think is very strong, but not quite as bulletproof as he does.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #1376
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
vote hoops

I find that very odd. You think his voting record is worse than Thomkal, Bug or Autumn's?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #1377
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I had my worries about Hoops with this business with the Hammer being a fake but with a decent explanation for that I can't see any way he deserves a vote over the likes of, well, a lot of people out there. There's also the fact that he's been perfectly transparent in his dealings with items when there's a chance he might have been able to grab the mistletoe.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #1378
hoopsguy
General Manager

Look, you guys can vote for me if you want - I'm a vanilla villager and no great loss to the group. But I think you are certifiably insane if you think that I'm the best choice for a vote based on a number of items.

1.) I had the mistletoe and passed it to J23, who confirmed receiving it. I was public with this knowledge and made sure to coordinate with EagleFan on how this should be distributed.
2.) I put down what I consider key votes on both Danny and Darth the last two days. No moving around (didn't have time to do so, based on availability) and both were wolves in tight races at the time I cast the votes.

You can argue that the wolves will always have the opportunity to have great voting records, and that is true. But from time to time villagers get stuff right as well and I've been fortunate with that this game. Danny I was pretty darn sure was a wolf, but I was mildly surprised DV was one. That was a case of good fortune on the vote rather than any kind of penetrating insight.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #1379
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

On the other hand Hoops

How come you're still alive on day four?

Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 AM   #1380
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

I really thought I was on the right track with Lathum and I still may be despite last night's results. I would find it surprising that wolves would push DV over a fellow wolf in Lathum, as there was still going to be suspicion on him. And frankly if I changed late to Darth, it would have made me look even more like a wolf. After feeling so strongly about Lathum being a wolf, I just couldn't see backing off him even at the end.

If DV and I are both wolves why would we vote for each other? It would have been perfectly logical for us both to vote BK and play it off that we made self defense votes.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #1381
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm thinking about hopping my vote over to Autumn because I find it strange that he's still willing to chase Barkeep (well, that and other stuff). But Eagle's vote has left me wondering if it's me who's gone mad.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #1382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh - just lucky, I guess?

Seriously, I would like to better understand what happened the night we have no kill. We've assumed that Chubby/Thor (or maybe EF/Balder, but more doubtful) has the bodyguard role, but I don't think there has been any explanation at all offered up in the thread as to what happened. The wolves will know, so right now the villagers are operating at a disadvantage in terms of interpreting that (non)result.

The reasons I could see for keeping it quiet is that roles aren't spelled out, so maybe our identified role players are more comfortable with keeping their abilities to themselves. But I'll admit I'm starting to ask the question of why they haven't been touched. Killing J23 makes sense for last night, but those two players would be the most likely conversion targets.

It isn't a path I want to pursue too much, but it is something that I thought about in the "why still alive" school of thought.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #1383
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If DV and I are both wolves why would we vote for each other? It would have been perfectly logical for us both to vote BK and play it off that we made self defense votes.
Except that both you DID have your votes on me until the vote on me fizzled.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1384
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I don't think that's really true Barkeep. I think Lathum spent most of the day with his vote on Darth. It was only when Darth seemed to be losing momentum that he shifted to you. And the votes on you only really started to fizzle out when he moved his vote back to Darth.

God, if Lathum turns out to be a wolf I'm going to be so pissed off.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #1385
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Heh - just lucky, I guess?

Seriously, I would like to better understand what happened the night we have no kill. We've assumed that Chubby/Thor (or maybe EF/Balder, but more doubtful) has the bodyguard role, but I don't think there has been any explanation at all offered up in the thread as to what happened. The wolves will know, so right now the villagers are operating at a disadvantage in terms of interpreting that (non)result.

The reasons I could see for keeping it quiet is that roles aren't spelled out, so maybe our identified role players are more comfortable with keeping their abilities to themselves. But I'll admit I'm starting to ask the question of why they haven't been touched. Killing J23 makes sense for last night, but those two players would be the most likely conversion targets.

It isn't a path I want to pursue too much, but it is something that I thought about in the "why still alive" school of thought.
Vote hoops

My case against him is thus:

His voting record while solid is frequently solid only once the decision is clear
He passed a fake object to Thor. This fake object passing could explain why the wolves killed J23 rather than Chubby (perhaps hoping the fake hammer would do damage/fool Chubby).
He is trying to undermine our circle of trust after two consecutive days of wolves. Way to early to start asking the "why aren't they dead" question.

There are people with worse voting records than hoops, but his posting record pushes me over the edge.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #1386
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, can you please go and find what the vote tally was for Danny on D2 and DV on D3 when I cast the votes? I'll look them up as well, but I'm quite sure I was not remotely piling on in either case.

I'm not trying to undermine any circle of trust. But if people don't wonder what happened on the night with no kill, they aren't paying attention. I haven't commented on it until now and it was only in the context of Narcizo's (I assume) joking post.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #1387
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't think that's really true Barkeep. I think Lathum spent most of the day with his vote on Darth. It was only when Darth seemed to be losing momentum that he shifted to you. And the votes on you only really started to fizzle out when he moved his vote back to Darth.

God, if Lathum turns out to be a wolf I'm going to be so pissed off.
I've long thought Lathum is a villager. His threats to take his ball and go home and then coming back gives me some pause (would feel more of an obligation to not screw over a team of wolves through unavailability), but I'm not suggesting he's a wolf.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #1388
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

If DV and Lathum both kept their vote on you I think it's very likely that you would have been lynched.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:52 AM   #1389
hoopsguy
General Manager

From post #1323 by Narcizo:
"#743 18:05 Hoops votes Danny (6)"

This made the vote 6-5 Danny over Chubby

From post #1324 by Narcizo:
"#1200 21:42 Hoops votes Darth Vilus (7)"

This made the vote 7-5-4 CV over Lathum over Barkeep
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #1390
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola, CV clearly stands for Darth Vilus.

No editing, no by this Norseman.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #1391
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Now I know the world's gone mad. WTF BK?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #1392
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

not true, when I switched back to him the vote was very close still
Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #1393
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If DV and Lathum both kept their vote on you I think it's very likely that you would have been lynched.
I don't think this is true. But I will grant you that Lathum was pretty intent on voting DV and went back to DV at the first opportunity.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #1394
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So halfway through day four and three of the four votes out there are on people who voted to lynch Darth? Way to keep things simple.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #1395
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to go with one of the guys that I've been the most suspicious of so far this game. Could probably flip a coin between him and Thomkal, with Telle in the team photo but I'll go with the guy who I think I learn the most from based on volume of posts.

VOTE AUTUMN
Old 08-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #1396
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- it was 5-5-4 when I switch to BK, once NTN comes in and votes DV, I switch back to DV. Things were very much in question still at that point
Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #1397
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Autumn

His vote last night seels it for me, I would also be open to voting Telle
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #1398
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
dola- it was 5-5-4 when I switch to BK, once NTN comes in and votes DV, I switch back to DV. Things were very much in question still at that point
Right. That was my point why I don't think I was at risk if you two had stayed. But I do 100% agree that you were eager to vote for DV. That confirms my general good impression of you rather than taking away from it.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 PM   #1399
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Since he's pinging other people with his crusade, and Narc who has been on a very similar wave length to me thinks I'm crazy voting for hoops, I'm going to go ahead switch to Autumn.

Unvote Hoops
Vote Autumn
Old 08-12-2011, 12:32 PM   #1400
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Vote Autumn

His vote last night seels it for me, I would also be open to voting Telle

You have to bold it n00b!