Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1401
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Can we try and sort out the business with the fake hammer. I got no information about Mjolnir being fake. I'm betting Telle will say the same. Unless the wolves are given more information about the fake hammer when they receive it then Hoops handing it to Chubby means that I trust Hoops more. Now we know that the (presumably) real hammer is out there I don't see anything sinister in the fake hammer at all. I think it is probably the item that isn't listed at the start and it was supposed to act as a slight bonus for the wolves. I can imagine people voting others for being liars if someone said that they had the Hammer on day two.

Personally I think J23 was the night kill target for night two and night three. Blocked on night two and killed night three.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1402
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 4 Voting as of post 1401:

Autumn 2 - hoopsguy (1395), Barkeep49 (1399)
Barkeep49 1 - Autumn (1348)
Thomkal 1 - Narcizo (1349)
hoopsguy 1 - EagleFan (1374)

Day 5 deadline votes:
3 for Monday
0 for Sunday

Just an FYI the D5 deadlines votes don't have to be in official format.

Last edited by JAG : 08-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #1403
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well, with (presumably) three votes out there on Autumn I'm happy enough leaving my vote where it is - don't want to pile on. I think mau and Bug deserve consideration as well.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #1404
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Can we try and sort out the business with the fake hammer. I got no information about Mjolnir being fake. I'm betting Telle will say the same. Unless the wolves are given more information about the fake hammer when they receive it then Hoops handing it to Chubby means that I trust Hoops more. Now we know that the (presumably) real hammer is out there I don't see anything sinister in the fake hammer at all. I think it is probably the item that isn't listed at the start and it was supposed to act as a slight bonus for the wolves. I can imagine people voting others for being liars if someone said that they had the Hammer on day two.

Personally I think J23 was the night kill target for night two and night three. Blocked on night two and killed night three.
Hmm. Because of telle letting the hammer be randomly distributed don't we have issues with tracking which hammer came from where? Can we source the fake hammer back to telle? Cause if so I think that's pretty damning.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 PM   #1405
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote Autumn
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #1406
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thank you. Waiting to see who would jump along with me.

unvote hoops

vote BK
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #1407
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thank you. Waiting to see who would jump along with me.

unvote hoops

vote BK
You realize I've already switched off him, yes? And part of the reason I looked his way that he was suggesting YOU might be a wolf...

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #1408
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You realize I've already switched off him, yes? And part of the reason I looked his way that he was suggesting YOU might be a wolf...

I've been suspicious of you since early in the game to be honest. Yes, you backed off your vote after it was called out. That's not exactly something to hang one's hat on.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #1409
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: And he said I may be a wolf on day one. Not since then? Someone always calls me a wolf on day one but that doesn't always make that person a wolf.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #1410
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Finishing up lunch, will check back in later tonight. Not sure exactly when but probably not until after 8. Taking the daughter to the pool tonight.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:55 PM   #1411
Telle
College Starter

I agree that we should put a little effort into tracking down the two hammers. Did they both exist from the beginning? With there being two hammers, I honestly don't know if the one Narcizo received and passed is the one I originally had or not.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #1412
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: And he said I may be a wolf on day one. Not since then? Someone always calls me a wolf on day one but that doesn't always make that person a wolf.
Actually he implies you've been converted in the same post I voted in. And just to be clear you think I'm a wolf despite having been strongly anti-Danny and the second vote on DV, and a vote which I never really considered moving?
Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #1413
Zinto
College Starter

I think I am going to throw down a vote on Thomkal. He has a not so great voting record and more often then not Narcizo provides good analysis regardless of being a wolf or a villager. I have not been able to get my head around the game thus far and I am probably going to spend sometime today at least rereading day one so this may be just a place holder vote.

Vote Thomkal
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #1414
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Actually he implies you've been converted in the same post I voted in. And just to be clear you think I'm a wolf despite having been strongly anti-Danny and the second vote on DV, and a vote which I never really considered moving?

No, I'm just suggesting that until we have knowledge of there actually being a block (or wolves not submitting an action, I suppose) that the idea of conversation at the conclusion of Day 2 has to be considered.

If there was a conversion, it sure would make sense for EF and/or Chubby (probably in that order) to have been targets. But I also said that I don't think we need to go down that path just yet. For now, I'm happy to let our roled players give us information about block/no-block when they see fit.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #1415
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Thomkal has been hittin the radar for me for awhile now, so I'll add to that one. Of course so has Autumn, but I don't see the benefit to doing that. Additionally, I've been trusting of (and yes, I know, following) Narcizo for awhile now. Ergo

Vote Thomkal
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #1416
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'd just like to say something about the way everyone seems to bandy around the fact that they're vanilla villagers nilly-willy. Can we cut that out please. Don't think it particularly matters at the moment because the major roles have gone but otherwise aren't you just helping the wolves find the roles? I realise that it's part of the culture to lie about it even if you have a role but I don't like the way people come out saying they're vanilla after a couple of votes have been thrown at them.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #1417
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Stop blaming me for voting Thomkal. It makes me very jittery.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #1418
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narcizo, it sounds like you are sliding into an elevated WW paranoia level just in time for the weekend.

Deep breaths, it will be OK. You can do this. This isn't the chess game.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:34 PM   #1419
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Also I think we have a lot to gain if anyone who has had any dealings with the "other" hammer comes out and says so. I've just thought of something. What if it was Darth who had the "real" hammer and when he was lynched it wound up with Racer? So my initial idea of the wolves creating a fake hammer and keeping hold onto the real hammer could hold true.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:35 PM   #1420
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Which would lead me back to being suspicious of Telle.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #1421
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, does the person that get lynched see their item assigned randomly? Or do they have any opportunity to pass items prior to the lynch?

I think I know the answer to this, but figured it was worth asking.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #1422
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm kind of skeptical of there having been another hammer earlier - just seems like we would have had some conflict around the lines of "what do you mean you passed the hammer to Player X? I had the hammer and passed it to Player Y!" We've had a couple of days for that to happen but I can't recall any conflict like that.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #1423
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've looked back and there's no mention of an unlisted item - I got it mixed up with the unlisted role.

Hoops, if the wolves have been holding onto the hammer then that conflict wouldn't have occured.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #1424
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Telle is the only one to have mentioned having the hammer until now so I'm not sure that there would have been a conflict. Dunno really.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #1425
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I've looked back and there's no mention of an unlisted item - I got it mixed up with the unlisted role.

Hoops, if the wolves have been holding onto the hammer then that conflict wouldn't have occured.

Agreed, that could have taken place. And there was no real reason, that I can see, for them to have been worried about what DV might have been holding based on previous day.

Of course, if he did have that kind of item then they would likely have had a little more incentive to try and keep DV alive yesterday. Making it more reckless for us to vote on the people early to the DV party ...

Do you consider it more likely that the item came into the game after the "fake" disappeared or that the wolves started with it and have kept it close?

Finally, do you (Narc) or anyone have records of people claiming items throughout the first few days? If we think the wolves are keeping a tight lid on their items, then maybe publicly declaring items becomes a small data point for trust. Certainly not a substantial one, but perhaps a tie-breaker for close calls.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #1426
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
JAG, does the person that get lynched see their item assigned randomly? Or do they have any opportunity to pass items prior to the lynch?

I think I know the answer to this, but figured it was worth asking.

This circumstance would be covered under Item Rule 3.:

Quote:
3. If you have an item and either you or the target you pass the item to is killed, or you fail to inform me to whom you're passing the item, the item will be distributed randomly.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #1427
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Stop blaming me for voting Thomkal. It makes me very jittery.

Oh, didn't mean to blame. I take full responsibility for my own votes
Old 08-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #1428
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'd just like to say something about the way everyone seems to bandy around the fact that they're vanilla villagers nilly-willy. Can we cut that out please. Don't think it particularly matters at the moment because the major roles have gone but otherwise aren't you just helping the wolves find the roles? I realise that it's part of the culture to lie about it even if you have a role but I don't like the way people come out saying they're vanilla after a couple of votes have been thrown at them.

Doesn't it basically behoove all 3 classes of people (VV's, Roled V's and Wolves) to claim vanilla, unless it's an actual/fake reveal situation?

I guess what I'm saying is, I can say I'm a vanilla villager until i'm blue in the face, but no one is going to buy that beyond the status quo, be they wolves or villager.

Ultimately, ones' play is going to be the sway of opinion
Old 08-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #1429
hoopsguy
General Manager

Working on a research post, trying to accumulate a bunch of info in one place. Hopefully people can help fill in the blanks over the weekend after it is up. Will be keeping up with game while compiling, but probably not actively brainstorming in the thread.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #1430
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Doesn't it basically behoove all 3 classes of people (VV's, Roled V's and Wolves) to claim vanilla, unless it's an actual/fake reveal situation?

I guess what I'm saying is, I can say I'm a vanilla villager until i'm blue in the face, but no one is going to buy that beyond the status quo, be they wolves or villager.

Ultimately, ones' play is going to be the sway of opinion
I agree with this. To me it's all in the game, even when you throw it out there regarding whether you're going to be lynched or not.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #1431
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Day 4 Voting as of post 1430:

Autumn 3 - hoopsguy (1395), Barkeep49 (1399), Lathum (1405)
Thomkal 3 - Narcizo (1349), Zinto (1413), jeheinz72 (1415)
Barkeep49 2 - Autumn (1348), EagleFan (1406)

Day 5 deadline votes:
3 for Monday
0 for Sunday

Last edited by JAG : 08-12-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #1432
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Almost forgot - Monday deadline please.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #1433
hoopsguy
General Manager

Items questions:
1.) Has anyone admitted to having the mistletoe today? It would have moved randomly when J23 was night-killed. I'm hoping that someone will admit to having it. Silence suggests that the wolves got it and can now "weaponize" it.
2.) Does anyone want to admit to having possessed Freyr's Magic Sword before today? I'm curious how it would have made its way to me, as I've had people admit to passing the first two items I obtained.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #1434
Thomkal
Head Coach

planned activites cancelled due to storms in the area. Catching up now.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #1435
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't think that's really true Barkeep. I think Lathum spent most of the day with his vote on Darth. It was only when Darth seemed to be losing momentum that he shifted to you. And the votes on you only really started to fizzle out when he moved his vote back to Darth.

God, if Lathum turns out to be a wolf I'm going to be so pissed off.

I won't after finding that stuff on him.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #1436
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Day 4 Voting as of post 1401:

Autumn 2 - hoopsguy (1395), Barkeep49 (1399)
Barkeep49 1 - Autumn (1348)
Thomkal 1 - Narcizo (1349)
hoopsguy 1 - EagleFan (1374)

Day 5 deadline votes:
3 for Monday
0 for Sunday

I voted Sunday, and not bold so maybe they should be in bold since you missed it
Old 08-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #1437
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Looks like the deadline will be Monday, but I am ok with either day. I leave for vacation tonight so I will be around regardless.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #1438
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Items questions:
1.) Has anyone admitted to having the mistletoe today? It would have moved randomly when J23 was night-killed. I'm hoping that someone will admit to having it. Silence suggests that the wolves got it and can now "weaponize" it.
2.) Does anyone want to admit to having possessed Freyr's Magic Sword before today? I'm curious how it would have made its way to me, as I've had people admit to passing the first two items I obtained.

1) Bug said that he received it 1314. Thinking about this, given that it could have wound up with anyone and we wouldn't know if it landed with a wolf I think this gives me decent trust for Bug.

2) I'm starting to think that we should take stock of all item movement up to day two or three at least. I can imagine that there might be some drawbacks to this but I'm curious about how the real hammer seemed to drop out of nowhere into Racer's hands. (Not implying suspicion of Racer here). The longer we go on the more people are going to die and the less full information we're going to be able to colate.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #1439
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I started the game with Odin's Spear. I handed it to J23. I think chances are it disappeared once Dubb was killed but I don't know.

Start of day two I got the (fake) Hammer. I passed the hammer to Hoops.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #1440
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
1) Bug said that he received it 1314. Thinking about this, given that it could have wound up with anyone and we wouldn't know if it landed with a wolf I think this gives me decent trust for Bug.

2) I'm starting to think that we should take stock of all item movement up to day two or three at least. I can imagine that there might be some drawbacks to this but I'm curious about how the real hammer seemed to drop out of nowhere into Racer's hands. (Not implying suspicion of Racer here). The longer we go on the more people are going to die and the less full information we're going to be able to colate.
I agree. I've had a very hard time getting a grasp on items this game but they seem really important and being able to track them equally important.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #1441
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Looking at the vote history, Thomkol's looks pretty awful (maybe to awful). I know I was gun ho yesterday about knocking out Barkeep, but his doesn't look that bad. Autumn's doesn't look to good either, but not quite as bad as Thomkol. Therefore,

Vote Thomkol

Vote Sunday deadline

I'll look at things some more later.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #1442
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I voted Monday deadline but I'm fine with a Sunday deadline. So perhaps I shouldn't have voted at all
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #1443
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Wish I could hang around to see where some of the other people on my suspect list are voting. There seems to have been a big run on Thomkal, which makes me antsy, even if it is people I have some trust for. I'm hoping we don't get a two-horse race too early.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #1444
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I voted Sunday, and not bold so maybe they should be in bold since you missed it

Heh, alright, I'll go back and take a better look to be sure I didn't miss anything else. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #1445
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've been getting a weird vibe off of mau - I don't think I've seen him address anyone so much as he's been talking to me. I'm wondering if the whole hammer thing was to set me up and mau has been laying the groundwork for that. I have a tough time getting a read on Telle because I don't think I've been in a game with her as a wolf. The whole hammer thing has me considering switching to her to get her involved in the voting. Thomkal's votes has legs so it's not like I'd be pulling the rug out from that candidate.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #1446
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I nearly voted Telle but, perversely, the fact that she didn't vote Danny day two makes me a bit less willing to pull the trigger on that. If it turns out no-one has seen the hammer before Racer then I think we have to look at her again.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #1447
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

I think I'm in agreement with you there Narcizo. I was going over your vote counts from each day, and I was reminded of two votes for J23 that I thought were mildly suspicious at the time and maybe more so given what we now know about J23 and Chubby. Would you look back to what Racer and Zinto said when they voted him on day 2, and see how you feel about their votes and comments then based on our knowledge now? I'm not exactly trusting my deductive reasoning skills right now and don't want to put attention on something I very well might be wrong about and take away focus from finding wolves.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #1448
Thomkal
Head Coach

and I come back to find the two people I mentioned in the post to be voting for me now. Maybe I'm feeling better about my thoughts on them.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #1449
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thomkal, build the case. The two you mention have been people I've spent a fair amount of time looking at in my little "research project" this afternoon. Lets see how the conclusions match up for you, me, Narcizo, and whoever else feels like taking a stab at this.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #1450
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FWIW, both those two have pinged my radar at some point too. I was voting Racer early in the game. Zinto has just made some off comments/votes

I held back because well, we don't need me tossing out some crazy idea