Exceeded my expectations 65 62.50%
Generally met my expectations 26 25.00%
Eh, somewhat disappointed 7 6.73%
Trout 6 5.77%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1401
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Just reading all these last entries makes me excited to finish my current game so I can start it again and again. I can't remember a game making me want to do this, despite it's flaws. The Enchantment thing sounds cool. It's my first character and I just picked perks out willy-nilly and am just now seeing the power of enchantments.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #1402
frnk55
High School Varsity

Just got my new pc and now I can play at 1920 1200 and all I can say is this game is beautiful. I was playing at 1200 x 800. So now I'm starting over for the 4th time and I don't mind at all.
This is becoming my all time favorite game.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #1403
BYU 14
Coordinator

Really wanting to start a new game as a magic user seeing some of these recent posts. My stealth/archer build is fun, but I have to be very deliberate sometimes.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 02-18-2012 at 10:16 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #1404
gstelmack
Pro Starter

My character is a mess - heavy armor, stealthy archer, who loves blasting with dual-wielded flames and then pulling out the mace and shield when the guy gets close.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #1405
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Main quest spoiler in my reply

Spoiler

So I finished the main quest and am basically done with the game, i was level 57 I think when I finished. 110ish hours put in, I had some complaints along the way but really an outstanding experience and wonderful game overall.

I ended up with 100 smithing, 100 enchanting, 100 sneak, 98 one handed weapons, ~95 light armor, ~85 archery, ~85 alchemy, ~70 lockpicking. My perks were spent in smithing, sneak(both of those 100% maxxed out), 1 hand weapons, light armor and archery.

Nice work! Yeah, I did the same thing since the Blades didn't amount to anything in the game. Why were they even there?

I ended up with Level 31, 100 destruction, 81 heavy armor (which was funny since I rarely had any on except for gloves and boots), 58 lockpick (made irrelevant once I got the skeleton key) and 77 speech. All the rest were under 30 including nothing in Sneak (which I never saw its purpose).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #1406
Dreghorn2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Thanks for the link, strange i didn't see that go by, should have assumed we'd have a thread on it.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:21 PM   #1407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Just reading all these last entries makes me excited to finish my current game so I can start it again and again. I can't remember a game making me want to do this, despite it's flaws. The Enchantment thing sounds cool. It's my first character and I just picked perks out willy-nilly and am just now seeing the power of enchantments.

Same here. I'm a two-handed Axe, heavy armor, smith type guy. Looking forward to another run through as a mage.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #1408
StLee
High School Varsity

I don't know why exactly I did it because I was enjoying my game and almost ready to plunge headlong into the main quest, but I abandoned my sneaky archer Wood Elf character (Level 40 because of spending lots of time smithing, enchanting, and making potions) and restarted with a Sword and Shield and occasional fire thrower Nord, and I LOVE my new character. Mostly I have been staying in the vicinity of Whiterun since the restart, not having visited any other cities, but I also already went further in the main quest than I did in the first game (right now I have to retrieve a horn for the Graybeards).

The thing that has been the best change, though it may grow old eventually, is the kill cut scene. Last night I had a couple of hours to burn, so I went traipsing through the hot mud springs wilderness and got surprise attacked by a dragon. My follower is a bow-wielding dark elf I picked up in Whiterun, and she kept sniping the dragon. When it landed, I blasted in to close quarters, poured about 10 health potions down my throat, and hacked away. I got final slash on the dragon and I loved the cut scene of jumping on the dragon's head and plunging my sword through his skull. I think I'll be sticking with this character through the end because kills pay off more through the challenge and cut scenes.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #1409
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm guessing you guys recommend the PC version of this? Could you use a 360 controller to play it on PC?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #1410
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I'm guessing you guys recommend the PC version of this? Could you use a 360 controller to play it on PC?

Yes, it has native support for the 360 pad.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #1411
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
My character is a mess - heavy armor, stealthy archer, who loves blasting with dual-wielded flames and then pulling out the mace and shield when the guy gets close.

This sounds exactly like me.

Hey...whatever brings ya joy, ya know?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1412
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

heavy armor AND stealth? huh?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #1413
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
heavy armor AND stealth? huh?

Good stealth lets you move quietly even in heavy armor. I mean, I'm blasting fire from my fingertips, and THIS is what worries you about reality?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #1414
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just finished the game (or so I think) and realized how much I missed from reading some of the spoilers. I never got married among other things. Looking forward to a replay as a Mage. Finished the game at Level 45 with my warrior.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1415
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So finally just broke down and bought it, was tired of waiting for it to go on sale. The game, as we all know, is great.

However I am extremely impressed by the ease of use, integration and content available in the workshop.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #1416
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Awesome.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1417
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You know, I'm not sure I want to save Skyrim from the Dragons. There are some innocents maybe, and so far I'm okay with Dalphine (although I'm waiting for her to backstab me), but seriously:

- The Imperials were ready to behead me at the start.
- The Nords are racist pigs.
- The Companions want me to start my jobs for them by beating some woman to a bloody pulp.
- I have to at least try to steal something to progress the main quest (before I can get into the Rat Warrens).

I feel more like I don't want to join ANY side in the rebellion, but rather find the handful of decent folk and lead them to some other part of the world, away from the dragons and all the nasty people inhabiting the land.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #1418
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I didn't either but the Civil Ware just gave me something new to do (and it definitely was a change of pace). I guess I didn't care about the Nords' attitude since I hated the Elves myself (found most all of them to be arrogant and obnoxious - or whining), so I was happy to kill some of them even though I didn't get a chance to - it was all soldiers.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #1419
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It's not just the Civil War, it seems like nearly eveyone except the loners wants me to do something nasty to someone who just doesn't seem to deserve it. When I finish the main quest line, I may try to run around and kill all the Companions, Imperials, Thalmor, raze Markareth (?), raze Riften, and generally clean the whole place up.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #1420
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I've noticed that change in my gameplay too. I've been killing every pack of Thalmars and Imperials I run into. I trashed Maraketh for fun before I reloaded the save just before I did that. Might go back and do it again once I'm done with the quests.

I have no side I particularly like. I'm becoming more and more like a renegade.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #1421
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
You know, I'm not sure I want to save Skyrim from the Dragons. There are some innocents maybe, and so far I'm okay with Dalphine (although I'm waiting for her to backstab me), but seriously:

- The Imperials were ready to behead me at the start.
- The Nords are racist pigs.
- The Companions want me to start my jobs for them by beating some woman to a bloody pulp.
- I have to at least try to steal something to progress the main quest (before I can get into the Rat Warrens).

I feel more like I don't want to join ANY side in the rebellion, but rather find the handful of decent folk and lead them to some other part of the world, away from the dragons and all the nasty people inhabiting the land.

My first guy was "good" and advanced the quest without stealing. I agree with your general point though. I don't like either side and am being mostly independent on my second play through.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #1422
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
After a few times of starting a character in the game, and getting distracted and losing interest, I finally got into a groove about a month and a half ago. I just finished up the main quest. It was pretty awesome. There are a ton of side quests I need to go back and do. For example, I didn't start any of the Civil War ones. I did finish the Thieves Guild, College of Winterhold, and The Companions side quests. All in all, I'd say the game wildly exceeded my expectation. This was my first foray into the Elder Scrolls universe.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #1423
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

About 50 hours in, probably not even half way through. Tremendous game.

I used to say Fallout 1/2 and Deus Ex(the first) were the best games out there. Nothing came close until Fallout 3 and now I'll definitely put Skyrim in that group. Bethesda is just in a class of their own, they seem to learn from each game and make the next one that much better.

I'm playing an Archer/Conjurer. First time I've gotten into spells at all in a TES game. Real fun.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #1424
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I'm at the fight with Alduin. A bit tedious, just have to consistently avoid the front end when he comes down.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #1425
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Suddenly been reenergized in the game. Using the throw voice shout, using runes now that I can use them 5 times farther away, and detect life....makes for some fun sneaking. Currently taking out Helgen from some bandits, have yet to engage anyone one on one.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #1426
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hooray! I'm finally Skyrimmin!

Woooo! Time to keel things with double fire!

Got a cheap copy on ebay like new.
Nearly half off.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #1427
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've sunk nearly 100 hours into it. Main problem now is I can summon dual Dremora Lords that can pretty much clear out a room full of anything while I watch. If I want to get involved 1-2 arrows will kill pretty much anything(maybe 4 for a Dragon). This is with a mod that's supposed to dial up difficulty in later levels.

Still a lot of fun though and I've gotten way more than my $60 worth out of it.

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-07-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #1428
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Nearly half off.

About freaking time
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #1429
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
About freaking time

I'm patient and cheap . Have to be right now.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #1430
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

Nearly half off.

It's cool to see someone actually playing the game instead of sneaking around all of the time.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #1431
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
It's cool to see someone actually playing the game instead of sneaking around all of the time.

Sneaking around really isn't my style. Not even when playing the "Thief" games hahahaha.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #1432
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Yes Mr Thief. I know I shouldn't be here, but I heard you had the best potatoes and tomatoes to steal in the land? They're right in this barrel over here? I'll just help myself as you seem to be on fire right now.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #1433
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Uh oh....that nordic women said the wrong thing. She said "Just help yourself and make yourself at home!" okay then ....YOINK!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #1434
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I found a leek! Now I can do this! Oh Joy!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #1435
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay I JUST started really and already have more stuff than I know what to do with. Everyone keeps giving me all their stuff and saying I can take anything I want (so of course I do )

Plus I have lots of gold which I don't need to spend.

Already killed a dragon.

King already said I get anything I want.

One thing I'm annoyed about. I don't remember all the deatils of the quest I get when I get it, but in the quest log it seems to leave ZERO details about where I'm supposed to go and what to do and significance of things.

LIke joining the rebels. I just can't figure out how to find that and the guy that told me about it won't say anything anymore.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #1436
cartman
Death Herald

If you click on the item in your quest log to put the arrow to the left of the entry, it should show where you need to go on your map. You might have to scroll around for it, but it will be marked with a down-pointing arrow.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #1437
cartman
Death Herald

Delayed dola,

This sounds friggin' sweet. Bethesda is adding a ton of voice commands to the Xbox 360 version to work with Kinect. So you can actually do the Dragon Shouts yourself.

Bethesda adding over 200 Kinect voice commands to Xbox 360 Skyrim
Old 04-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #1438
Grover
Pro Starter

Is there a sweeter looking helm than the Masque of Clavicus Vile?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #1439
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Why does everyone keep telling me I look terrible? *sniff*
Old 04-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #1440
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why does everyone keep telling me I look terrible? *sniff*

Check your active effects, you might have a disease.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #1441
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Check your active effects, you might have a disease.

awwww I 've got Rock joint. I vaguely remember when that happened. Hmmm no idea how to get rid of it. Perhaps find a doctor.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #1442
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
awwww I 've got Rock joint. I vaguely remember when that happened. Hmmm no idea how to get rid of it. Perhaps find a doctor.

There's a shrine in Whiterun that should cure all diseases. It's in a building near the tree.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #1443
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I don't have time for that. I'm behind in my magic studies at the college, looking up info on an orb I found, testing fellow cat's scrolls, and...am green.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #1444
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't have time for that. I'm behind in my magic studies at the college, looking up info on an orb I found, testing fellow cat's scrolls, and...am green.

Then a Cure Disease potion will do that trick

Old 04-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #1445
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Must steal...I mean must BORROW one of those!
Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #1446
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

actually I'm not even going to TRY stealing in this game. not at ALL. I remember how utterly STUPID and anal morrowind and oblivion were about stealing and how everyone had esp that i stole and what i stole.
ruined the game really. and half the time I wasn't even trying to steal.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-14-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #1447
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I remember that, was part of several amusing sequences
Old 04-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #1448
Buccaneer
Head Coach

If you want said cat (a superb follower), make sure you do the amusing sequences in the correct order.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #1449
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Looks like a big DLC is coming this summer called "Dawnguard". XBox exclusive for now, unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #1450
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

not having a ton of luck. Firstoff Lydica is pissing me off attacking things I don't want and when I need her help she's totally worthless. Second the guards just piss me off. I don't know what I did but getting grief for shit from them. Again if you pick up something by accident you're considered a criminal. If you accidently hit a npc they don't stop attacking you til you kill them. I was mining in a mine and accidently hit one of the miners. Was so pissed he kept attacking me that I killed all the miners. Then I let Lydia go. When I went outside I saw her getting attacked by one of the guards again. Then he came and attacked me. Sigh...