Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #101
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just had a 10-9 friendly win over Jon that took 11 innings. He went up 2-0 through three, then in the bottom of the fourth Zach Duke walked the first three batters he faced to get to Jose Bautista. That...didn't end well.

We tacked on two more in the fifth, gave five back in the top of the sixth, two more in the 7th, then got a 3-run homer from Casey Blake in the bottom of the 8th to tie it.

Bottom of the 11th, Jimmy Rollins drew a leadoff walk, Bautista got plunked, and Adam Lind lined a single to left to win it.

Wild.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #102
samifan24
Pro Starter

This game got a lot easier when I pulled Cliff Lee in a pack. He's helping me dominate the MLB teams now. It doesn't hurt that my lineup has McCutchen, Pedroia, Billy Butler, Carlos Lee, Beltran and Sizemore either.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #103
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Just had a 10-9 friendly win over Jon that took 11 innings. He went up 2-0 through three, then in the bottom of the fourth Zach Duke walked the first three batters he faced to get to Jose Bautista. That...didn't end well.

As long as he does that in exhibition play, it's all good

(He's 4-0 for me as 5th starter in season play so far)
Old 03-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #104
SackAttack
Head Coach

My 5th starter is 3-0 with a .94 ERA so far. Hoping he keeps THAT up.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #105
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'm wondering if it may not have been a smart idea to backload my rotation a bit. I'm assuming that the way the games are being simmed that your #1 will always face the oppositions #1 and so on. Would likely mean that if you offset your rotation by a spot (put your #1 in the #2 slot, #2 in #3 and so forth) that you'd lose the first game of nearly every rotation, but could potentially give you an edge in the other four slots.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #106
kingfc22
Head Coach

I just can't wait to get out of rookie ball so I can actually play some of my talent!
Old 03-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #107
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I'm wondering if it may not have been a smart idea to backload my rotation a bit. I'm assuming that the way the games are being simmed that your #1 will always face the oppositions #1 and so on. Would likely mean that if you offset your rotation by a spot (put your #1 in the #2 slot, #2 in #3 and so forth) that you'd lose the first game of nearly every rotation, but could potentially give you an edge in the other four slots.

That's what I did, albeit unintentionally. My #1 starter is my worst pitcher, King Felix is my #2, and my #3-5 spots are filled with my #2-4 starters, although not necessarily in 2-4 order.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM   #108
PilotMan
Head Coach

Carlos Lee has gone to the land of suckage and won't be back anytime soon. I have Lance Berkman batting 9th, and playing first instead.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #109
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I just can't wait to get out of rookie ball so I can actually play some of my talent!

Must be nice to have some talent.............
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #110
PilotMan
Head Coach

Casey Blake bats 5th, and has 7 HR's and 9 RBI's. Houston, I think we have a problem.

Like Steam?

Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM   #111
bbor
Pro Starter

i could use some friendlies my team name is bbors....surprisingly enough.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #112
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Casey Blake bats 5th, and has 7 HR's and 9 RBI's. Houston, I think we have a problem.

ooh, up to 8 HR's and 10 RBI's now. That's got to be a record. Every HR he has this year has been a solo shot.

Like Steam?

Old 03-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #113
SackAttack
Head Coach

El Caballo = St, St, Pw (St +2, Pw +1)
Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #114
PilotMan
Head Coach

Ah, Ricky Nolasco was player of the day for yesterday. He went 3-0 with a 0.86 ERA and 20 K's. For those interested, it's a 500 point bonus. And we finished yesterday as the top human team, only behind the 2 Sega teams.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-08-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #115
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Boy, condition changes & whatnot can sure screw up a perfectly good batting order.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #116
PilotMan
Head Coach

New special skill:

Iron Heart - cl-cl-st (+2cl/+1st)
Dr. K - Sp/Sp/Ct - (+2sp/+1ct)

I have now max trained all the players on my main roster. For now.

I won 4 of my 5 ranking games today, including beating the #1 team, umbrella.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-08-2011 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #117
Tasan
College Starter

Anyone have some spare 1 cost bench batters they'd like to trade me? I have 3 spots I need to fill up with 1 cost guys, and I can't seem to draw anymore. I'll trade (obviously) higher cost guys for them, or one bigger guy I'm not using for 3 1 costs.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM   #118
Tasan
College Starter

Pitcher Combo:

Break/Speed/Speed = Miss Some Bats +2 Speed, +1 Break

Also, I've beaten all the MLB squads and beat the top 3 ranked teams today. I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #119
SackAttack
Head Coach

The day's regular season games haven't been kind to me so far. I'm 4-3, and got whooped at home in one of them.

Still in 3rd place, but now I'm 3 back of the 2nd place team and 5 back of the Sega team (which is finally starting to lose a few).

Tasan, the difficulty with trades is that if you don't have any 1-cost players to trade, you're not going to be able to acquire any.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #120
heybrad
Norm!!!

Thanks to a 7 game winning streak I'm now 26-11 and have moved into 4th place ahead of the Sega team.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #121
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tasan, the difficulty with trades is that if you don't have any 1-cost players to trade, you're not going to be able to acquire any.

This.

I do have a couple of 1* OF's and a 1* 2B I'd let go if you happen across any 1* Pitchers, but that's probably the best the game is going to let us do.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #122
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, trade question, just wanting to see if anyone has tried this & can confirm:

If you have Player A and trade for a duplicate of him, you do NOT get any skill bump on the original like you would if you got the duplicate via scouting. Right?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #123
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
This.

I do have a couple of 1* OF's and a 1* 2B I'd let go if you happen across any 1* Pitchers, but that's probably the best the game is going to let us do.

I do have some 1* pitchers, if you're willing to do these deals, let me know.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #124
Tasan
College Starter

Ah nevermind on the direct trade. I just put out a world wide offer, we'll see what bites on it. The trade system seems a little out of whack, but who knows. Overall, I'm liking the game.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Ah nevermind on the direct trade. I just put out a world wide offer, we'll see what bites on it. The trade system seems a little out of whack, but who knows. Overall, I'm liking the game.

I'd be interested to find out if you have any luck with that. I got zip from it on a couple of tries to swap junk for junk, decided it probably wasn't worth having them tied up for 2 days when I might be able to swing something on a friend's trade (much like you're asking about here).
Old 03-08-2011, 02:28 PM   #126
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do have some 1* pitchers, if you're willing to do these deals, let me know.

Well crap, wish I'd seen this sooner. No biggie on my end, but I'd have been happy to do it.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #127
Tasan
College Starter

Its up for two days, I'll be happy to swap with you then if it'll let me. The reason I went this way was I tried to set up a friend swap, but it wasn't showing any players from you that fit the criteria, which was odd because I checked your team first. Heck, search for my world wide trade and see if you can do a deal there. I know one of the guys on my wish list was your 1* 2b.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #128
Tasan
College Starter

Followup to my trade stuff: I posted looking for 2B Downs (Astros) or 2B Descalso (StL), willing to move MR Berg (Cubs), MR VandenHurk (Os), or MR Walters (StL). If you post looking for Berg and willing to move Downs, it might match us up. Just a thought.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #129
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Followup to my trade stuff: I posted looking for 2B Downs (Astros) or 2B Descalso (StL), willing to move MR Berg (Cubs), MR VandenHurk (Os), or MR Walters (StL). If you post looking for Berg and willing to move Downs, it might match us up. Just a thought.

On an unrelated note (well, somewhat related I guess), I think you're in the same league as my son's team. Unless they're are two Tasan's, you're the Rancheros, right?

Anyhoo, I put Descalso through for VandenHurk from his team, we'll see if it works I guess.

edit to add: And it just went through

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-08-2011 at 03:08 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #130
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'll have to check how we did today, (we sucked in the first two days, 10-20 overall), but work blocks the site
Old 03-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #131
SackAttack
Head Coach

I can tell you, Foz, you're not doing as poorly as the last-place team in my league. They've lost 18 straight.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #132
Tasan
College Starter

Thanks for the trade Jon. Or rather, thanks to your son. My other trade out there is OF Mather, OF Petersen, or OF Duda for MR Viola, MR McClendon, or MR Poreda, in case anyone is interested.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #133
heybrad
Norm!!!

My winning streak is at 10 games.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:44 PM   #134
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Team is 32-8 now. 2nd place behind SEGA team. Leading the league in ERA. We're a half run ahead of the second best ERA in the league. Seems to be paying big dividends.

BTW.....I see the 'crowns' on the top four teams and then another break in the standings after the top 10. So do the top four teams get promoted or the top ten at the end of the year?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #135
SackAttack
Head Coach

Top four get promoted. Once you get to AA+, bottom four get relegated.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #136
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Do training points go with players when traded? If so I have several trained MR that I would trade for a C rated 2 point defensive SS.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #137
SackAttack
Head Coach

I have a B-rated 3 point shortstop, which might do you some good after the budget increase tonight. I'm not sure if I have you on my friends' list, though, which is full.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #138
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

I have both MIs if you're still interested
Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #139
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I have a team named Grey Dogs owned by Grey Dog.

I'm currently 29-13 (5th place, 1 game behind promotion). This looks like a tough league as team Sega is 21-21.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #140
Arles
Grey Dog Software

My lineup is:
2B Skip Schumaker (6)
OF Colby Rasmus (6)
DH Hideki Matsui (4)
OF Tori Hunter (8)
OF Andre Ethier (7)
1B Michael Cuddyer (7)
3B Neil Walker (6)
C Y Torrealba (6)
SS Ryan Theriot (4)

My bench is 3B Punto (3), OF E Young (2), C Shoppach (2) and 3B Rohlinger (1)

For pitching, I have:
Saunders (5), R Wells (6), Jurrjens (7), J Vargas (6) and A Cook (5)
MR: J Lopez (5), S Marshall (4), P Coke (4), A Arias (3), Jeffries (1)
SU: J Johnson (3), CL: F Francisco (4)

What's interesting is that 7 of my 9 hitters are even or angled down on their arrows - and most are hitting really well. I messed with the batting order to maximize order performance (all the dots are middle or right). For pitching, nearly all my pitchers have up arrows. I have 136 total players and many of my top dollar guys (Bourn, Cl Bailey, SP Danks, Chris Young) don't play.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #141
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I have both MIs if you're still interested

Got the MI already. Need at least 1 1*OF
Old 03-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #142
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Got the MI already. Need at least 1 1*OF

Hit me up. I have several 1* OFs.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:17 PM   #143
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Do training points go with players when traded? If so I have several trained MR that I would trade for a C rated 2 point defensive SS.

IIRC that would be no, they lose all training benefits if traded. At least I think that's what I read in the Help doc about trades.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #144
bbor
Pro Starter

Pulled 2 10 pitchers today in the same pack....too bad i don;t have the points to use them

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.

Last edited by bbor : 03-08-2011 at 07:47 PM.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #145
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Woohoo! Faced the #1 SEGA team with Lincecum. He threw a NO HITTER! 3000 points in one game.

Here's the game key for the game. Not sure if there's a way to check out the box score or not.

MN0692XPBO

For those that are curious, you get 10x points (200 x 10) for a win when it's a no hitter.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-08-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:10 PM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tied for 1st going into the 9pm game, beat the co-leader & took over ... then lost the 10p game to 4th place team & dropped back into a tie for 1st {bangs head on desk}

Reimold #3 in Avg, Morneau #5, Konerko #9
Swisher #3 in RBI, Konerko #6
Konerko #1 in HR (18)
Medlin 9th in ERA, 13th in K's, T3 in Wins (6)
Takahashi 4th in Holds, Franklin T2 in Saves
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #147
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
I have a B-rated 3 point shortstop, which might do you some good after the budget increase tonight. I'm not sure if I have you on my friends' list, though, which is full.

sounds good. send me his name and I will create a trade and see if we can send it through. I can send Matt daley from COL who is a 3MR.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #148
PilotMan
Head Coach

Rickey Nolasco, Player of the Day for the second time in a row. He went 3-0 with 27k's and a 0.79 ERA!

Like Steam?

Old 03-08-2011, 11:21 PM   #149
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Rickey Nolasco, Player of the Day for the second time in a row. He went 3-0 with 27k's and a 0.79 ERA!

He's been incredible for me as well. For the season, Nolasco is 8-0 with a 0.96 ERA.

Lincecum was POTD for me today. Had 3 wins today with a 0.36 ERA.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 AM   #150
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
sounds good. send me his name and I will create a trade and see if we can send it through. I can send Matt daley from COL who is a 3MR.

Ramon Santiago of Detroit.

I pulled Neftali Feliz (9) and Jonathan Papelbon (8) in the same random pack this evening. I don't think I can rock Feliz until after Wednesday's games when I get another bump to the cost cap, but if I can clear one more point somewhere, I can upgrade to Papelbon as my closer.