Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #101
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
There was a flag on the field (based on Les Miles' comments, anyway). I think if that's true, it was called on the field and verified by replay.

Too many men on field is a penalty that can be called from replay alone, so even if there was no flag there is no problem with calling it that way.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #102
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Video Game numbers

And living in Spartan country I got FB friends already mentioning next week and wondering how Michigan is ranked #19. I say because they haven't played anybody with a defense. Their response is MSU has a defense. Sure, if you consider giving up 24 and 31 at home to the only two teams with a pulse as a defense. It might be a first one to 30/40 kind of game. I honestly shake my head at teams inability to go, "See that guy? Get him." There's no excuse for it when Michigan had two TD drives and the number of plays Robinson wasn't responsible for was two of them. For both drives combined.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
The refs in the UCLA-WSU game might have set a record for most head scratching calls

While I agree with that sentiment, the calls that really irritate me--the PIs--were legit, and the corners and the pass D as a whole need to get their act together. I don't know if Cal's passing game necessarily scares me more than WSU, and Oregon's going to run the heck out of the ball, so it may not matter much there either. But when they play some of the other legit passing attacks on the schedule--essentially the last half of the schedule (ASU, Arizona, OSU, Washington, USC)--they're going to get burned big time unless they find a way to fix those issues.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #105
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Just think that goes too far with replay. I hope that never seeps into the NFL.

I believe they have the same rule, too many men is a reviewable call in the NFL too.

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ike&id=3181388

Referees also can use replay to assess penalties for 12 men on the field, the illegal touching of a pass, the illegal touching of a kick and passing the ball after crossing the line of scrimmage.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-02-2010 at 06:22 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #106
fpres
High School JV

Just two more weeks until the Huskers knock Texas down to 3-3. I wish I could be there for that one.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #107
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I believe they have the same rule, too many men is a reviewable call in the NFL too.

Yes they do. Rex Ryan challenged for a 12 men penalty in the game last Sunday Night.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #108
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
While I agree with that sentiment, the calls that really irritate me--the PIs--were legit, and the corners and the pass D as a whole need to get their act together. I don't know if Cal's passing game necessarily scares me more than WSU, and Oregon's going to run the heck out of the ball, so it may not matter much there either. But when they play some of the other legit passing attacks on the schedule--essentially the last half of the schedule (ASU, Arizona, OSU, Washington, USC)--they're going to get burned big time unless they find a way to fix those issues.

Oh, I;m not saying they called some of them bad, just that one drive was...odd? First they totally miss on the face masking call then after the play went off, tehy called back the missed XP to say that the buzzer went off. It's not like WSU quick snapped it, there was only like 4 seconds left on the play clock
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #109
Cuckoo
College Starter

*phew*

Weird ending for OU/Texas. The Sooners do all they can to keep Texas in it, but a late Longhorns fumble seals it. OU back on the right side of the rivalry. All is good in the world again.
Old 10-02-2010, 06:54 PM   #111
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Saw this comment about Les Miles and LOLed:

"He once confused his own team, just to confuse his opponent. He is the most interesting coach in the world."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #113
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gotta love Comcast DC. TV listings for Baylor/Kansas and Georgia/Colorado both online and in the Fios guide. First game ended up being a replay of a freaking soccer game. Second game is a replay of W&M vs Villanova. Incompetent hacks.

Same thing happening with CS Rocky Mtn (or whatever its called). Noticed because Dish customers were given like two dozen free channels this weekend while Fox Sports South is unavailable due to a rights fee dispute ... which means that UGA-Colorado is unavailable to Dish customers around Atlanta (except for the CS workaround, which didn't work after all) as well as the Braves season finale tomorrow.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gonna be a long day as a Huskies fan
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #115
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Gotta love living in the DC area. ABC picks ND/BC and ESPN2 comes at us with USC/UW leaving ESPN3.com as the only source for Oregon/Stanford. Unbelievable.

Same deal in my part of South Carolina I think.

You can try checking the standard def. ESPN2 channel, here that is showing Stanford-Oregon while ESPN2 HD has USC - Washington.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-02-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #116
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The jump pass just doesn't work like it used to.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Gotta love living in the DC area. ABC picks ND/BC and ESPN2 comes at us with USC/UW leaving ESPN3.com as the only source for Oregon/Stanford. Unbelievable.

I'm a UW alum and that would piss me off.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #118
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Wow, what an answer by the Huskies. 17 straight points after USC walked down the field on their opening possession.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #119
tarcone
Coordinator

I got Iowa/Penn St and Stanford/Oregon.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #120
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

17-0 'Bama.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #121
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Gotta protect the ball Jake.

Sark should definitely challenge where that ball went out of bounds.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #122
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

24-0 'Bama. I would complain about 'Bama always running out of the wildcat, but they finally run it with a WR who has played QB, so they throw it and get the TD.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #123
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wake Forest now warming up their #5 QB. Two injured tonight, their # 2/3 is held out after a concussion last week, now the #4 is banged up.

Oh yeah, Wake leads GT 17-6 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Jackets look like they've moved their inept defensive players to offense tonight, no blocking whatsoever.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #124
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, now this is just getting silly.

GT has given up 2 TD's after turnovers, now we muff the punt snap & end up having it partially blocked for a 10 yd punt so it's Wake ball at the GT 36.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:34 PM   #125
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Oregon is a tough team. Stanford would be lucky to enter the locker room with a lead. Ugh.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #126
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love the way Stanford plays football... oh, and that Ducks team is quite good.

Should be a great second half.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #127
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

LOL, GT & Wake now tied at 17.

edit to add: Nesbit gets a TD pass as two Wake DB's inexplicably get out of position leaving the safety to try to cover 2 receivers at/near the end zone.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-02-2010 at 08:59 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #128
Kodos
Resident Alien

Indiana fans are rarely ever thrown a bone.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #129
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

20-17 Wake leads with 2:20ish to play.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #130
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Announcer said Florida needs to score at the end of the half and again at the beginning of the 2nd half. I thought in my head, "Yeah, but watch it be two field goals." 'Bama 24-6.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #131
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Saw this comment about Les Miles and LOLed:

"He once confused his own team, just to confuse his opponent. He is the most interesting coach in the world."

He really might be the most interesting coach in college football, but mostly for negative reasons. Has there ever been a coach under so much legit heat for a top 10 (top 8 after the weekend?) 5-0, 3-0 conf. start?

Miles can be a good, maybe even great, head coach in the right circumstance. But that circumstance has Miles as a recruiter/lockerroom motivator, with two sideline coordinators that can do there own thing and completely run the play calling show. With Crowton being the passive coach's box type OC, we are far from that situation right now.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #132
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

12:30 to go in Boulder, Colorado clinging to a 29-27 lead over UGA
Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #133
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

TOUCHDOWN GEORGIA TECH !

Unfrigginbelievable. Wake was pretty gassed at the end, Nesbitt did that whole "would not be denied" thing, and is :15 seconds from pulling off a shocking comeback by a team that played dead for every bit of three quarters.

Of course, we still have to survive kicking off.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:38 PM   #134
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Pick 6 by 'Bama go to up 31-6. Florida gets down to the goal line vastly in part due to 'Bama getting penalties and then Florida for the 2nd time in the game turns the ball over while looking at 7 points. If Florida had a clue what kind of offense they want to run they could actually be decent, but they can't get past running the Tebow offense without Tebow.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #135
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wow.. Oregon just took this game over.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 PM   #136
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Colorado leads UGA 29-27 late Q4 but a sack sends 'em out of field goal range & the Buffs miss a 52 yarder. UGA quickly drives into FG range with about 2 minutes left ... and fumbles it away. Colorado runs out the clock and drops Georgia to 1-4 for the first time since 1993
Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM   #137
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I hate to see a 'tackle' like the one that knocked out Stanford's Owusu. The Oregon db made no attempt to use anything but his helmet on that play. I don't see any room in the game for that.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #138
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Holy crap, just saw the replay of the Tenn/LSU finish. Cluster **** doesn't even begin to describe it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #139
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Florida still needs to work on center to QB exchange when in the shotgun. Really surprised it this much of an issue at this point. Brantly gets crunched and might be out for awhile.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #140
Recoil
High School Varsity

CU storms the field after beating 1-4 UGA. Wow.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:54 PM   #141
MJ4H
Coordinator

Fuck Kirk Herbstreit by the way, making a big point out of saying today would be Bama's first real test of the year today on gameday.

Asshole. Fall in a well.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #142
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post

Well it is a little unexpected for them. I mean, the last time they beat a non-conference BCS team looks like 2008 when they knocked off WVU at home. Before that it looks Washington State in 2004 on the road and UCLA in 2003. Not something they've seen very often lately.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post

Well they do play in the SEC so it is like beating an undefeated team from any other conference.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:59 PM   #144
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Fuck Kirk Herbstreit by the way, making a big point out of saying today would be Bama's first real test of the year today on gameday.
Asshole. Fall in a well.

Eh, he's just looking at the Football Frontier poll
Old 10-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #145
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Eh, he's just looking at the Football Frontier poll

hahaha right on
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oregon looks like they're playing the game on fast-forward.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #147
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Well they do play in the SEC so it is like beating an undefeated team from any other conference.

You can't beat that SEC Speed™. Uhh, welp..

Nevada/UNLV looks to be a good game for those looking for some late night football.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #148
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Oregon looks like they're playing the game on fast-forward.

If they can go undefeated, it would be interesting to see if they get past OSU in terms of rankings, and what they would be like against 'Bama.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:26 PM   #149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

HUSKIES!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!1

ITS GOOD TO BE A DAWG!!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #150
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
If they can go undefeated, it would be interesting to see if they get past OSU in terms of rankings, and what they would be like against 'Bama.
I'd love to see 4-5 undefeated teams to show what a joke the system is.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote