Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #101
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I realize I'm a total Moss fanboy at this point, but maybe he had a point.

Actually, I think he probably did have a point, just like you think. I was just pointing out that Moss's thought process was probably much more direct and "in the moment". I doubt as he was getting worked up about not getting the ball there on MNF, that he was thinking full out what Ronnie was saying, "This hurts my future value and my ability to sign a lucrative extension..."

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:37 PM   #102
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
DT is the classic fair weather fan.

That's not true.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #103
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's not true.

I agree, you just see the glass half-empty.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #104
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

To busy to read here, but just wanted to know I accept the large amount of crow I need to eat .

I'm assuming it's been covered that he was both bitching about the offenseive play calling and his teammates(according to Teddy Bruschi) were turning against him.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #105
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I lived in Dallas for a time and absolutely hated it. Was just not my cup of tea, the job I took didn't work out, every girl I dated it didn't work out, I was far from my family, didn't have much money, and generally hated everything about it. Was by far one of lifes worst stretches.

But I hold no grudge against the state of Texas or the city of Dallas, to hold a grudge against a whole section of the country or blame it for your issues is just plain stupid.

And if I were doing so for "my issues" you might have a point. It wasn't me. I had things to do, places to go. Life wasn't hell living there, I simply grew to despise MA and the people(in general) living in it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #106
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
And if I were doing so for "my issues" you might have a point. It wasn't me. I had things to do, places to go. Life wasn't hell living there, I simply grew to despise MA and the people(in general) living in it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #107
ColtCrazy
College Starter

The only way my Colts are making a run is by overpowering them offensively. That said, any reduction of offense by another AFC team is okay in my book. The Pats are obviously looking for the future, and in a way I can't blame the for cutting ties now to get something out of him. Chances are they weren't a Super Bowl team with Moss, so I don't see them hurt much. The Pats have drafted some good players, but seem to keep shifting to young players. Not sure that's the best move with a vet QB.

Still...I can't think of one AFC team that is overpowering the others. Until I see Big Ben light it up, I have doubts about the Steeler and Ravens offenses, the Chargers and Jets consistency, and the Colts and Pats defenses.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #108
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Out of curiosity Render, which towns in Mass did you live in?

I lived in Marlborough the first 2 years, nice enough apartment complex, had great friends living there too. The second two years we moved to a nice place in Hudson MA a few miles up teh road from Marlborough. I worked in Westborough for the USTA regional office there.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #109
RainMaker
General Manager

I am finding this to be one of the most interesting NFL seasons in a long time. It seems like every single team has a major flaw or two. There just aren't any complete teams. In fact, the closest I've seen to complete may be the Jets, and even then I still don't trust Sanchez yet.

Should be fun on a weekly basis.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #110
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Rams vs. Lions gives the "Competitive Detroit Loss"* another chance at getting a win that's within at least some reason. Rams are 2-2, but seem a rather tame 2-2.

* I swear you do not want a drinking game based on hearing the word competitive when the Lions are playing.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-06-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #111
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Man.. the Vikings now have the best WR corps in the league once Rice (hopefully healthy..) comes back.

Harvin doing across the middle, Rice and Moss... on and AD getting the handoffs. I'm no longer too worried about this season for the Vikings.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #112
Arles
Grey Dog Software

In what's been a banner day for Packer fans, starting LB Nick Barnett is now out for the season (along with starting safety Morgan Burnett).
Old 10-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #113
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
In what's been a banner day for Packer fans, starting LB Nick Barnett is now out for the season (along with starting safety Morgan Burnett).

And Chillar can't raise his arm and Collins is probably out this week. Injuries are starting to spin the season down the shitter.

But, hey.. lets expand to 18 games
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #114
stevew
Hall Of Famer

AJ Hawk, please report to the white courtesy phone.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #115
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Clinton Portis is out 4-6 weeks with a groin injury.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #116
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He awkwardly strained his groin putting his foot in his mouth again?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #117
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
AJ Hawk, please report to the white courtesy phone.

And please stay on the phone, it will take him awhile to get there.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM   #118
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Patriots in trade talks to replace Moss.

Vincent Jackson? Nope.
Steve Smith? Please.
Deion Branch? Come on down.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #119
Travis
Pro Rookie

As a Seahawk fan it'll be tough to lose Branch as he's finally contributing after we over paid to acquire him (and is one of the few receivers Hasselbeck has a good level of familiarity with) but assuming they get a 5th or higher (or conditional), then I don't see how they don't take this deal.

It'd still leave them with Mike Williams, Golden Tate, Deon Butler and Brandon Stokley. Not necessarily a lineup to instill dread in defenses but the more reps the young guys get the better and they've got Stokley around to mentor/help groom them.

Suddenly the offense has gotten very young in Seattle and with Whitehurst waiting in the wings for his chance the transformation will likely be complete next year so may as well get a bit of value for Branch now if you can.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #120
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Re: Moss trade
The Vikings next game is vs the NY Jets, the Patriots are on a bye.
Conspiracy theory here: could the Vikings technically trade Moss back to the Patriots for week 6?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #121
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Re: Moss trade
The Vikings next game is vs the NY Jets, the Patriots are on a bye.
Conspiracy theory here: could the Vikings technically trade Moss back to the Patriots for week 6?

I believe week 4 or 5 is always the trade deadline, but I could be mistaken.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:34 PM   #122
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the deadline is the 19th. the idea is dumb.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #123
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Deadline is Oct. 19th this year.

Rex Ryan actually joked about this - "Coach, do you think its gamesmanship by Belichick to trade Moss to a team playing you this week?" "No - but it will be if they trade him back after the game."
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM   #124
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
the deadline is the 19th. the idea is dumb.
Thank you very much, sir.

Now I actually hope the Patriots and Vikings pull it off.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #125
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Jay Cutler will not play this Sunday against the Panthers.

Todd Collins will.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #126
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Jay Cutler will not play this Sunday against the Panthers.

Todd Collins will.

Collins vs. Clausen. Fantastic!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 PM   #127
spleen1015
Coordinator

One thing for Moss fantasy owners, he won't have a bye week this year.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #128
Jughead Spock
High School Varsity

Sure he did, last week.
Jughead Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #129
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead Spock View Post
Sure he did, last week.

Yea, he most certainly did. Asshole cost me a win, all I needed was 1 FREAKING POINT FROM HIM... I'm still very bitter about that loss.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #130
Travis
Pro Rookie

I went into the Monday nighter up 3 thanks in large part to my opponent having Vick at QB. Still thought I was sunk as he had Moss left to play.

I definitely owe him one. Not one but two gifts like that to get a 3 point win, yeah, I completely lucked out on that one and I know it.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #131
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Deadspin released the phone messages of Favre and I guess the pictures of lil' Favre.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #132
Swaggs
Coordinator

How old is Todd Collins? I had no idea he was still around.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #133
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
How old is Todd Collins? I had no idea he was still around.

He's 2 years younger than Papa Favre.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #134
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I find it amazing to note that the biggest underdog this week according to Vegas is in the KC/IND game. Undefeated KC is a 8 or 9 point underdog to Indy.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #135
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I find it amazing to note that the biggest underdog this week according to Vegas is in the KC/IND game. Undefeated KC is a 8 or 9 point underdog to Indy.

Because Kansas City isn't that good of a football team. 2 of their 3 wins were due to incompetence of the other team.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #136
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Because Kansas City isn't that good of a football team. 2 of their 3 wins were due to incompetence of the other team.

Exactly. Not to mention they face a ticked off Colts team that has historically bounced back well after losses. The Chiefs will need to run 50 times to keep control of the clock. I don't think that happens. The Colts are going to load up and invite Cassel to pass.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #137
BishopMVP
Coordinator

They've got a solid D, a good running game, and some special teams that are playing well - especially in the return department. I'm not saying I'd pick against the Colts and Peyton this week, but I don't think they're the pushover you're making them out to be.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #138
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'm not saying they are a pushover, a 10 point win can be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised if it were closer, given the horrible Colts D, but I would expect a Colts victory.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rough year for Haynesworth

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...rother-ki.html
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #140
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-favre-scandal

"The NFL said Friday it would review allegations involving the Vikings’ Brett Favre(notes), who the website Deadspin said sent racy messages and photos to a former game hostess while
he was the Jets’ quarterback in 2008. The league action comes one day after the site posted a video that included below-the-waist photos, said to be of Favre.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #141
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-favre-scandal

"The NFL said Friday it would review allegations involving the Vikings’ Brett Favre(notes), who the website Deadspin said sent racy messages and photos to a former game hostess while
he was the Jets’ quarterback in 2008. The league action comes one day after the site posted a video that included below-the-waist photos, said to be of Favre.

Ok, I can see why you would want to catch her eye, so to speak. But what man really thinks a woman wants to see pictures of his johnson? I think only gay men would really enjoy that. Farve should have sent her a picture of his bank statement.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #142
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Patriots in trade talks to replace Moss.

Vincent Jackson? Nope.
Steve Smith? Please.
Deion Branch? Come on down.

They'd be better off with Lee Evans
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #143
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
They've got a solid D, a good running game, and some special teams that are playing well - especially in the return department. I'm not saying I'd pick against the Colts and Peyton this week, but I don't think they're the pushover you're making them out to be.

FWIW.....KC has been an underdog in every game this year. The players seem to welcome that at this point. But the money has been heavy on KC and caused a two point shift already in the spread, so I'm obviously not the only one wondering about the 9 point starting spread.

KC's defense is very good and they've had a heap of good information from Ryan Lilja about Manning's tendencies when reading the defense. That kind of information is invaluable when setting up game plans.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-08-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #144
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
KC's defense is very good and they've had a heap of good information from Ryan Lilja about Manning's tendencies when reading the defense. That kind of information is invaluable when setting up game plans.

You would think that Jim Sorgi would've been helpful to the Giants D. That wasn't the case.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #145
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
They'd be better off with Lee Evans
I definitely agree with that. You guys offering to trade him? I assume we can get Branch for a 5th or 6th while the prices on other WR's are exorbitant.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #146
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ok, I can see why you would want to catch her eye, so to speak. But what man really thinks a woman wants to see pictures of his johnson? I think only gay men would really enjoy that. Farve should have sent her a picture of his bank statement.

Yeah... that's a bit weird if you ask me...

She is hot..

Last edited by MizzouRah : 10-08-2010 at 08:31 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #147
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Can someone explain why this Brett Favre "news" is only now making it to the mainstream when Deadspin first had this story like 6 months ago? IIRC, Sturger even spoke to Deadspin about it back then. What's changed?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #148
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Can someone explain why this Brett Favre "news" is only now making it to the mainstream when Deadspin first had this story like 6 months ago? IIRC, Sturger even spoke to Deadspin about it back then. What's changed?

It wasn't ripe/valuable enough to report it 6 months ago?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #149
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess the mainstream reporters wanted to wait until Favre was on a team so they could fuck with him about it during the season. But given how everyone is in a rush to break a story first, it just seems odd that this entire story was out several months ago (and Brett was still in the news, with his retirement/unretirement/surgery, etc.) and no one was interested in it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 AM   #150
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Voice mail recordings.