Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-11-2014, 07:03 PM   #101
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I'll post a pic soon, is there a good app or way to block texts.....she texted me earlier saying it was my fault he's in jail and that she's alone and then asked if I knew where she could get 750 to bail him out.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:07 PM   #102
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
I'll post a pic soon, is there a good app or way to block texts.....she texted me earlier saying it was my fault he's in jail and that she's alone and then asked if I knew where she could get 750 to bail him out.

WTF, wow, that is some nerve, damn you for putting your eye in the way of his fist.

I don't know what provider you have, but with Verizon you can do it on their website, also some phones have the ability to, on the Iphone you can select the number and scroll down and there is the option to block.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 PM   #103
miked
College Starter

Get a restraining order against both. Use her texts against her.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #104
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Get a restraining order against both. Use her texts against her.

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #105
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's posts like is the reason I never try hard to get a date.

If only prostitution was legal everywhere.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #106
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
It's posts like is the reason I never try hard to get a date.

If only prostitution was legal everywhere.

Ping Izulde
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #107
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I tried to attach a pic...we'll see if it posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140811-193429.jpg (81.3 KB, 435 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #108
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Fuck man
Old 08-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #109
Flasch186
Coordinator

dayum

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #110
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Holy balls. That's beyond a shiner.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:54 AM   #111
JediKooter
Coordinator

She can not be serious. Make sure she doesn't have any keys to your place or all of your shit might be gone and all of a sudden she has 750 dollars in bail money.

She's doing some serious mental gymnastics and I would get a restraining order against her and her super hero of a boyfriend like miked suggested. Something tells me that him getting thrown in jail is not a deterrent to change his behavior and I wouldn't be surprised if he tried something again.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #112
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
She can not be serious. Make sure she doesn't have any keys to your place or all of your shit might be gone and all of a sudden she has 750 dollars in bail money.

She's doing some serious mental gymnastics and I would get a restraining order against her and her super hero of a boyfriend like miked suggested. Something tells me that him getting thrown in jail is not a deterrent to change his behavior and I wouldn't be surprised if he tried something again.

What Jedi said. All of it. Seriously...this time...listen to the wiser voices of the internet.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 AM   #113
Kodos
Resident Alien

At the very least, carry some pepper spray or something like that with you.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #114
MacroGuru
Coordinator

If he was in prison before, chances are he just violated probation. I would push this one to the fullest extent AND a restraining order.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - I'd have to imagine assault would be an automatic probation violation. Straight back to the pokey.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:28 PM   #116
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

At the 2nd court date the judge lowered his bail despite the States Attorney listing off all his previous failure to appears and crimes. It was odd seeing the girl I spent the last few years of my life loving in his corner to say the least. She took out a title loan on her car and got him out a few days ago and then texted me asking if she could borrow 30 for gas because she had no money in her account later that night. I told her to ask her new boyfriend for it. So he is out, apparently he wasn't on probation. Next court date is September 2nd. I would assume he'll plead guilty since he and his friends bragged about it to the police in their statement but you never know. I'm working on my statement for before the sentencing whenever that takes place as I really wanna see them throw the book at this guy.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #117
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

At least you'll never have doubts about whether she was the one. She should receive a prize for worst girlfriend ever.

Is there ever a need to respond to any of her texts ever again? Can you just tell her never to contact you again and block her?

You have to wonder what she told this guy about you. Not only that this assault seems bizarre, but that she's still in his corner. People do numerous mental gymnastics to justify infidelity. Be careful.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #118
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Yeah I've wondered that too if maybe she told this guy something false about me to get him fired up. I honestly don't know.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #119
SegRat
High School Varsity

It's terrible what she is doing. Good luck.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #120
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Sounds like they are perfect for each other; they are the Maximum Football of human beings.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #121
MrBug708
Head Coach

You should have met up with her with 30 dollars of monopoly money
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #122
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
At the 2nd court date the judge lowered his bail despite the States Attorney listing off all his previous failure to appears and crimes.

Can't beat the Judges in this state. They wonder why crime is so bad in Chicago. Seems like every day I read about some guy being arrested for a violent crime and it turns out he had 10+ run-ins with the law and a judge let him out easy.

I also think you should avoid contact with her. Don't bother responding to texts. Probably tempting to be mean but it's better that you just act like she is yesterday's news. Maybe even have her number blocked. I'd also push for the restraining order against the guy if you haven't already. That's quite a shiner.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #123
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - if you keep up with contact with her it's just going to end up with another shiner for you, or worse.

Restraining order on both of them (or at least him) and move on dude.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #124
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Terrible stuff man. So sorry. Stay far away, you deserve much better.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 08-17-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:42 PM   #125
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Time to change this thread title to 'What to do for a broken face?"
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:53 PM   #126
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

You just were handed the golden ticket. There will be a time in your future where you will say, "wow, I got lucky there"! It will take time, but I have more than once wished I could go back in time and say to the younger me, you didn't have to worry so much. It works out if you stay smarter than your heart.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #127
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The next time you date you get to say, "Well, as long as I don't end up with a black eye from the guy you are cheating on me with, he's not going back to jail again, and you aren't asking for bail money for him, you are already winning."

Last edited by Matthean : 08-17-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #128
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramel321 View Post
their is someone else in the mix,move on asap,been their done that,the very best thing you can do is move on,about the time you stop caring will be the time she wants to come crawling back,let her come back on your terms,treat her like shit an bang as many other women as possible an generally don't give a fuck about her,works great,i speak from experience

There needs to be a draft or one of those "you have $15" things where you have to create the greatest team of posters; you could blow most of your budget on someone with a custom title or you could just stock your roster with classics like this from people with <10 posts.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #129
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
The next time you date you get to say, "Well, as long as I don't end up with a black eye from the guy you are cheating on me with, he's not going back to jail again, and you aren't asking for bail money for him, you are already winning."

Sounds like a "great" icebreaker

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-18-2014 at 07:53 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #130
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Any Advice for meeting women at 28? I don't know I just feel like I've been out of the game too long and the rules changed while I was out or something.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:28 PM   #131
sabotai
General Manager

My advice would be to not worry about that for at least a few months.

Edit: And I've been (mostly) single since I was 27 (36 now), so beyond "take some time before jumping back into dating", I've got nothing.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #132
corbes
College Benchwarmer

The state's attorney's office has a copy of a photograph of your eye looking like that, right? Send one to your victim advocate if not.

/advice from a prosecutor
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #133
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Yeah they do.... The cops took pics at the scene and I've met with the victims advocate several times since it happened. I also want to exercise my right to make a statement at sentencing when it gets that far. Any advice on what I should say that could help get this guy put away?

Last edited by IlliniCub : 08-18-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #134
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah they do.... The cops took pics at the scene and I've met with the victims advocate several times since it happened. I also want to exercise my right to make a statement at sentencing when it gets that far. Any advice on what I should say that could help get this guy put away?

I could probably point out the fact that he has already ambushed you once and that you don't feel like you should have to be looking over your shoulder for round two.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #135
corbes
College Benchwarmer

You're the only one who knows how it affected you. Let them know that, and most of all be honest.
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 PM   #136
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any Advice for meeting women at 28? I don't know I just feel like I've been out of the game too long and the rules changed while I was out or something.

Online dating is easy. Easiest place to meet a lot of women. Like 25% of all married couples met their spouse online now and that number is likely to increase.

Side note but my Dad was lonely years after his divorce. Talked him into online dating at one of the sites and he has been dating in his 60's. Normal people too.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #137
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

28 is nothing.

I met my wife when I was 30. Going to hit 7 blissful years of marriage in November, 2 amazing kids, great house, great home life, and she is also my best friend, happy as can be.

I am a firm believer a relationship will rarely work if you meet before 30, late 20s at best. Almost everyone I know who was divorced married at a younger age. I think the best thing you can do is learn who you are before combining your life with someone else.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #138
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
28 is nothing.

I met my wife when I was 30. Going to hit 7 blissful years of marriage in November, 2 amazing kids, great house, great home life, and she is also my best friend, happy as can be.

I am a firm believer a relationship will rarely work if you meet before 30, late 20s at best. Almost everyone I know who was divorced married at a younger age. I think the best thing you can do is learn who you are before combining your life with someone else.

Counter point, I know a number of people who married their high school sweethearts and are still married 20+ years in. The last bit is true though. I think the big thing for me is having a servant's heart. If life is still about you, odds are the relationship won't last long. I think this is why getting married later is better because you get past a lot of your own crap as you grow older. I can only assume people who met in HS went through a lot of growing pains as a couple as they figured out how to deal with each other.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:32 AM   #139
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I feel like I am getting better with age at 33.. I'm more confident, more motivated, and more sure of what I want than ever before. This seems to bode well for meeting a woman worth a damn next time around.

I second the online dating idea, it is so much easier these days to make sure you're not getting into something ridiculous, and as time goes by I agree it will become one of the more common ways for people to meet. I've met 2 past girlfriends online, one was even way back in the late 90's and we were together for 2 years. The other wound up being more of a friend than anything, but I wound up getting to go to Paris and live in a house on the outskirts of the city for 2 weeks for less than 1000 dollars with a day in London thrown in for good measure.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 AM   #140
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Tinder
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 AM   #141
Izulde
Head Coach

Online dating isn't any easier or more difficult than any other dating tactic IMO. The only difference is that it's become more socially acceptable than it used to be.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #142
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Well, the bar has been set pretty low from your ex, it should be a breeze to meet someone!

Seriously though at 28, there's a few metric tons of fun, vibrant, sexy women out there. The buffet is all yours, it's all you can eat and it's open 24 hours a day...don't waste your time on leftovers. Just get out there, they're everywhere.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #143
aknott
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
28 is nothing.

Yeah, I met my wife 2 months before my 29th birthday. We actually met on eHarmony, but once we started talking we realized that one of her best friends is married to one of my best friends. We just never all hung out at once, although I am sure it would have happened eventually. We bought a house earlier this year and have been married almost a month now (which is hard to believe, time flies).
aknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #144
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
You just were handed the golden ticket. There will be a time in your future where you will say, "wow, I got lucky there"! It will take time, but I have more than once wished I could go back in time and say to the younger me, you didn't have to worry so much. It works out if you stay smarter than your heart.

Senator wins the thread.

Glad you dodged this bullet. Sorry about your eye.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #145
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Wow thanks man that's awesome advice Senator and I agree I know in my head I dodged a bullet. It's just a matter of waiting for my heart to catch up with my emotional side. I've had my most positive day since everything happened and everyone in my life has been 100 percent in my corner. I pray every night she gets out of the situation and finds safety but I fear she'll have to learn the hard way and he'll put her eye like mine one day.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #146
Danny
Head Coach

You should get back at her by also sleeping with this guy
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:05 PM   #147
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
You should get back at her by also sleeping with this guy

Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #148
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Haha I don't really have a desire to "get back"at her just wanna live well.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:09 PM   #149
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

As an Update I'm doing pretty decent. There's times where I think man this isn't so bad and then there's times where I almost think I'd be weak enough to try to reason with her and take her back if she came. It's going to be weird going to the court on the 2nd and seeing the young woman that's been my rock these last couple years in the corner of some guy that assaulted me who she barely knows. I think I can game face it and do what needs to be done but it will be tough. Sounds almost like a pro wrestling angle when you put it that way.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #150
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There's times where I think man this isn't so bad and then there's times where I almost think I'd be weak enough to try to reason with her and take her back if she came.

No.