Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #1451
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I could see docking Hardy a significant amount of game checks but he already served 14-15 games last year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:20 PM   #1452
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I could see docking Hardy a significant amount of game checks but he already served 14-15 games last year.

Agreed. The guy is a douche, but he's already did his time.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #1453
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

He was on the commissioner's exempt list. He still got paid.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #1454
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
He was on the commissioner's exempt list. He still got paid.

That would be why you dock him a significant number of game checks.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:36 PM   #1455
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
That would be why you dock him a significant number of game checks.

Yes.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:09 AM   #1456
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am guessing this is allowed in the new personal conduct policy. Either way, I think this is the move for the Commish moving forward. Suspend over the top and let an arbiter reduce the punishment.

The punishment also came from whoever that woman was that was hired to task up this new office within the league.

Oh and an over the top punishment for this POS would be for him to have each finger and toe ripped off slowly before being left to rot in a prison cell. An arbitrator could reduce from there to something more appropriate.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #1457
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sports Illustrated: The Chargers are taking Marcus Mariota | San Diego Sun Times
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 AM   #1458
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hmmm... that doesn't read like it has any actual news, like confirmation of a trade. It's just one lazy newspaper citing another dinosaur "publication" who did a mock draft like everyone else.

Let's exhale here.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #1459
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I don't get how anyone thinks these guys served anything last year. Unless I am mistaken they weren't docked any pay and have one less year of wear and tear on their bodies. Seriously "suspend" me for a year with full pay from my job. On top of that I would assume there would be a major issue with Carolina paying him for last season vs Dallas having to pay him for this year. This guy is a major POS and isn't in jail because of a payoff, zero sympathy if he had to sit out the entire season.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #1460
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Hmmm... that doesn't read like it has any actual news, like confirmation of a trade. It's just one lazy newspaper citing another dinosaur "publication" who did a mock draft like everyone else.

Let's exhale here.

I actually agree with you Quik. But I thought it worth mentioning it given the upcoming draft. We'll soon see if it happens or not. Given his history with young QB's, I'm sure Whisenhunt would prefer Rivers over Mettenberger anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #1461
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

So a coworker supposedly is friends with a member of the St. Louis Rams personnel who was told today to start looking for houses in LA.

1) Not even sure if this is news
2) Not sure if this is true

But word from him is that the deal is done.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #1462
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
So a coworker supposedly is friends with a member of the St. Louis Rams personnel who was told today to start looking for houses in LA.
Better make that studio apartments given the difference in cost of living between LA and St Louis.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #1463
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Maybe said person is being traded ?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #1464
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

Season isn't over until January. Seems a little early to be looking for houses in the new market.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #1465
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

If the team had told personnel to prep for a move, and said personnel were sharing that info with friends, it would be all over the news/social media.

I totally think that it is right of you to pass it on in a message board thread. That's what these are for. But I also don't think that it's true.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #1466
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Better make that studio apartments given the difference in cost of living between LA and St Louis.

It's like my brother's company in Pittsburgh is getting strip mined and bought out and they do have a SF division that he could theoretically transfer to, but the pay differential is something like 20-25% which means that he could basically just get an apartment in SF for his entire salary.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:30 PM   #1467
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If the team had told personnel to prep for a move, and said personnel were sharing that info with friends, it would be all over the news/social media.

I totally think that it is right of you to pass it on in a message board thread. That's what these are for. But I also don't think that it's true.

If you like blankets of speculation, you would have loved the LeBron to Cleveland madness that was going on last summer on my forums.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #1468
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't get how anyone thinks these guys served anything last year. Unless I am mistaken they weren't docked any pay and have one less year of wear and tear on their bodies. Seriously "suspend" me for a year with full pay from my job. On top of that I would assume there would be a major issue with Carolina paying him for last season vs Dallas having to pay him for this year. This guy is a major POS and isn't in jail because of a payoff, zero sympathy if he had to sit out the entire season.

Hey, I probably agree with you, but the NFL is trying to just do what they want to on the fly. And I'm not even a gun person but the "scary assault rifles" bit from the league is hilarious because surely he would have received all kinds of weapons charges, but of course they were all entirely legally purchased.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #1469
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Class move by Dwayne Bowe.

Dwayne Bowe pays respect to Chiefs 'angel' with final kiss - KCTV5
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 03:17 PM   #1470
miami_fan
Coordinator

So what you are saying is it's too soon?

Greg Hardy, Cowboys teammate fight after 'woman beater' comment - SBNation.com

Hardy can't be that sensitive if he expects to last this season.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #1471
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dion Jordan of Miami Dolphins suspended for entire 2015 season for violation of NFL's substance abuse policy

My squad my squad. I am so looking forward to this year's draft screwup
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #1472
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dion Jordan of Miami Dolphins suspended for entire 2015 season for violation of NFL's substance abuse policy

Jeff Ireland's final "Fuck You" to Miami.

I hated that fucker.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #1473
chinaski
College Prospect

Gah these are so gooood. If the NBA had helmets....
http://imgur.com/a/P4Ape

Last edited by chinaski : 04-28-2015 at 04:59 PM.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #1474
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I enjoyed them, but felt like there were way too many takes on the Eagles type helmet. Just a slight criticism. I think a run of NFL style jerseys for the NBA fandom to wear in the stands could probably be pretty successful.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:44 PM   #1475
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

It willl probably be DE Shane Ray or Randy Gregory, with drug problems of their own

And what a waste of space Jordan has been.

Glad to see he's not appealing, probably against the players union's wshes

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-28-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:50 PM   #1476
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It willl probably be DE Shane Ray or Randy Gregory, with drug problems of their own

And what a waste of space Jordan has been.

Glad to see he's not appealing, probably against the players union's wshes

Not surprised if against the union's wishes. They seem to believe that no player can ever be guilty and if by chance one is, then there should be no punishment.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #1477
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Gah these are so gooood. If the NBA had helmets....
http://imgur.com/a/P4Ape
They look good but some of them are a little weird.

Like the Raptors looks like a Maple Leaf and the Rockets look like they should be the Sharks or something.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #1478
Kodos
Resident Alien

I thought the Raptors one was pretty brilliant.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:40 PM   #1479
Radii
Head Coach

Cam Newton gives a lesson on play calling and audibles | Watch the video - Yahoo Sports

Video is totally worth watching. Both interesting and Cam Newton is entertaining as hell.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #1480
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Deflategate report is out:

No conclusive evidence but concludes "more probable then not" that Pats people deflated balls.

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com...championsh.pdf

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-06-2015 at 12:24 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #1481
Subby
lolzcat

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:40 PM   #1482
Subby
lolzcat

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 05-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #1483
Subby
lolzcat

Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #1484
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Jeez, those text messages between Jastremski and McNally are pretty bad... I'm assuming they've been fired already?
Old 05-06-2015, 12:47 PM   #1485
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Here the conclusion about the Colts game:

Quote:
Based on the evidence developed in connection with the investigation and summarized in this Report, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the NFL Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate attempt to circumvent those rules. In particular, we conclude that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally and John Jastremski participated in a deliberate plan to circumvent the rules by releasing air from Patriots game balls after the examination of the footballs by NFL game officials at the AFC Championship Game. We believe that McNally and Jastremski were aware that the inflation level of the Patriots game balls following pre-game inspection by the game officials would be approximately 12.5 psi and planned for McNally to deflate the balls below that level following the pre-game inspection using a needle provided by Jastremski. Based on the evidence, we also have concluded that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls. 73

We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to circumvent the rules described above. In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Head Coach Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-06-2015 at 12:47 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #1486
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Also:

Quote:
We nevertheless believe, based on the totality of the evidence, that it is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls. Evidence of Brady‟s awareness appears in text communications between McNally and Jastremski.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #1487
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

still don't care
Old 05-06-2015, 01:06 PM   #1488
Subby
lolzcat

Old 05-06-2015, 01:15 PM   #1489
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yeah, they still have jack and squat.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:19 PM   #1490
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

LOL, oh you Pats fans.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #1491
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Jeez, those text messages between Jastremski and McNally are pretty bad... I'm assuming they've been fired already?

I assumed they were a joke. Are those real?
Old 05-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #1492
Grover
Pro Starter

The Hilarious, Brady-Bashing Texts Sent By The Pats' Ball-Deflators

Allegedly very real.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #1493
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
LOL, oh you Pats fans.

Same thing I've been saying, if something happened Brady knew it and he deserves the shit he gets. I didn't and still don't think anyone above Tom knew. I thought Tom was going to own up to it before his bullshit press conference and I can pull up my own posts stating that.

But yeah, other than those txt messages(assuming they are real), this whole report is pretty much useless it would seem. Final result is "More probable than not Brady was at least aware". Yeah, that's a pretty damn confident statement of guilt.

We are basically at the same point now as we were after the game.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #1494
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
We are basically at the same point now as we were after the game.

The Pats cheat on a rather consistent basis and Brady is a douche.

Yeah, that's pretty much where we were alright.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #1495
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
yeah, they still have jack and squat.
Christ. At least Simmons owns being a homer.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #1496
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Final result is "More probable than not Brady was at least aware". Yeah, that's a pretty damn confident statement of guilt.

You do realize that "more probably than not" is the definition of "preponderance of the evidence"? And preponderance of the evidence is the standard we use in the vast majority of civil trials.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #1497
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ha, I may be a homer. But I'm all for Brady being hung out to dry for lying in his press conference. Everything from those texts seems to support what I thought went down between Brady and some underling. He should have owned up to it immediately.

It really isn't that big of a deal, but when he lied he guaranteed the zoo continued and that he ended up looking even worse. So let him deal with the consequences.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #1498
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You do realize that "more probably than not" is the definition of "preponderance of the evidence"? And preponderance of the evidence is the standard we use in the vast majority of civil trials.

I'm not debating semantics. I wanted details, you should have as well. Wells is pocketing who knows how much money for that crummy conclusion that everyone had already jumped to.

Old 05-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #1499
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I assumed they were a joke. Are those real?

I thought they were a joke as well
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:41 PM   #1500
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not debating semantics. I wanted details, you should have as well. Wells is pocketing who knows how much money for that crummy conclusion that everyone had already jumped to.

So you didn't read the report then? I mean its not 243 pages (including appendices) because he's throwing around cliches. There are tons of details in the reports - excruciating detail at that.