Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2015, 10:32 PM   #15051
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

i deeply regret that supermarket sushi consumed 4 hours ago.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #15052
Easy Mac

I realize I'm late to this, but holy shit, that Watch Me song got up to #3? What the fuck? I don't think it can even accurately be termed a song. It's literally just telling someone to do dances. It doesn't even try to include lyrics or at the very least try to explain how to perform the dances.

Between this song and Trump, I have no hope for any segment of this country.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #15053
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I realize I'm late to this, but holy shit, that Watch Me song got up to #3? What the fuck? I don't think it can even accurately be termed a song. It's literally just telling someone to do dances. It doesn't even try to include lyrics or at the very least try to explain how to perform the dances.

Between this song and Trump, I have no hope for any segment of this country.

That song is a fucking abortion. It's like all the bad parts of every talk/sing song ever written with a douchy country twang.

Edit-

I thought you were talking about Sam Hunt's "Take your Time"

Last edited by stevew : 08-08-2015 at 10:25 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:43 PM   #15054
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well it's obviously a club song. It's instructing people what dances to do and meant to lead folks in a club setting. And it's got a decent beat.

Though the music video shows you how to do it, if you want to learn .

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-08-2015 at 10:44 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #15055
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I realize I'm late to this, but holy shit, that Watch Me song got up to #3? What the fuck?

109,259,147 views on YouTube.

And since I had to figure out wth you were talking about, now 109,259,148

I'm going to assume that 90 seconds was enough to get the idea & that I didn't miss anything vital by skipping the other two minutes.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:58 AM   #15056
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just had a lot of bacon and I'm feelin fine.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #15057
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, we had a guy at work not show up for 2 days. We've been struggling to find out what happened to him, etc etc.

Late friday, we discover he was arrested Wednesday night for ... snapping and threatening to kill his sister. After threatning her, he had barricaded himself at home with a shotgun, a 22, and a lead pipe, and the negotiators had to come in to talk him out of the house. They got him out right before SWAT showed up.

Guess I'm glad he didn't flip out here. Jeez.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:02 AM   #15058
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
So, we had a guy at work not show up for 2 days. We've been struggling to find out what happened to him, etc etc.

Late friday, we discover he was arrested Wednesday night for ... snapping and threatening to kill his sister. After threatning her, he had barricaded himself at home with a shotgun, a 22, and a lead pipe, and the negotiators had to come in to talk him out of the house. They got him out right before SWAT showed up.

Time to put out the help wanted signs

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:09 AM   #15059
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Best comment to date was, "Well, at least we know Joel's firing limits." (Joel == our boss)

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 08-10-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #15060
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

There was a guy where I work who was kind of a slacker, irritated a lot of people. He didn't show up for a few days, finally they sent the sheriff's office to his house....he was dead. I hope that's never me.

Unrelated, I have no idea what the "Watch Me" song is and I'm very ok with that.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:31 PM   #15061
JeeberD
General Manager

I think I may have told this story here before, but...

My brother was flown to Bellingham, Washington (hi, Schmidty!) for a job interview with the newspaper there. The sports editor was supposed to meet him at the airport and take him to his hotel, but when my brother arrived there wasn't anyone there. After an hour or so he tried the cell number for the sports editor several times, but the editor never answered. Finally he called the newspaper and said that he was waiting for the editor to come pick him up, and they said that the editor hadn't been in that day and they would send someone to go get him.

After my brother called the newspaper, they tried reaching the editor as well and didn't have any luck, so they called the police to check on him. Turns out he died the night before while watching TV in his recliner...

I can't remember who eventually interviewed my brother, but he wound up getting the job.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:54 PM   #15062
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Back when I was a youngster my buddy got me a job working at a skate shop, but on the first day I showed up to work the owner didn't come in for the first hour, and people started to worry. He was an old dude whose house was right next door to the shop, and he wasn't answering his door eithr, so my buddy hopped the fence to his backyard and found him dead in his bed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #15063
Dutch
"Dutch"

You never know when your number is called. My daughter and I thought last Sunday was gonna be ours, but we got lucky.

I said, "Hey, I have a good idea, lets go for a hike!"

So we went to a local state park with hiking trails and it started off well enough, but soon we found ourselves next to a lake...and I noticed a few alligators chilling on the opposite bank. That's odd, I thought...seems kind of up close and personal. So we kept moving. Next thing I know the "trail" narrowed with high berms on one side and water on the other side....we left the lake and moved over a ridge....to find another lake...with the trail running next to the water...and then another lake....all of these lakes were covered with green algae and guarded by these high berms. I didn't like that at all. So when I thought maybe we were out of our element, I turned around and saw one of these alligators cruising across the water towards us. Hmmm...better keep going....there was literally nowhere to go bud forward or back...and suddenly back seemed like a bad idea.

Long story short, we ended up walking along the waters edge of about 8 lakes...and as we approached a couple of them...alligators were bailing for the water! Pretty intense stuff and possibly the type of story that could have been some sort of Darwin Award entry.

Darwin Award potential because I decided to check out where in the heck I chose to go for a hike with my daughter AFTER we got home
. Turns out this park was a refuge for alligators and the lakes were created from old flooded mines.

Good grief. Next time, I google this shit BEFORE us "city slickers" go hiking in Florida!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:01 AM   #15064
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dutch:

Glad you are OK. That sounds like some scary shit.

There weren't any signs saying "Hey, FYI, alligators!"? Or is that just presumed at all times and places in Florida?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #15065
Dutch
"Dutch"

No signs. We went back to see if we missed them....nothing.

EDIT: But yes, I'm pretty much in the camp now that will imagine the sign at every natural environment that says "Welcome to Florida: Not sayin' there's gators out there...but the possibility exists so hike at your own risk"

Last edited by Dutch : 08-11-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:09 AM   #15066
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
You never know when your number is called. My daughter and I thought last Sunday was gonna be ours, but we got lucky.

I said, "Hey, I have a good idea, lets go for a hike!"

So we went to a local state park with hiking trails and it started off well enough, but soon we found ourselves next to a lake...and I noticed a few alligators chilling on the opposite bank. That's odd, I thought...seems kind of up close and personal. So we kept moving. Next thing I know the "trail" narrowed with high berms on one side and water on the other side....we left the lake and moved over a ridge....to find another lake...with the trail running next to the water...and then another lake....all of these lakes were covered with green algae and guarded by these high berms. I didn't like that at all. So when I thought maybe we were out of our element, I turned around and saw one of these alligators cruising across the water towards us. I took out my bowie knife and wrestled him, his teeth barely missing my skull as he tried to munch down on my cranium. I put him in a front face look and jabbed my knife up into his belly repeatedly until he stopped moving. I was collecting myself and hugging my daughter when I noticed that toxic waste was spilling into the lake, and creating some sort of hybrid super powered alligators. Dozens of them were approaching from all sides, some of them were easily 30 feet long and at least half a ton in size. I scooped my little girl up and headed for the bridge. Looking back I could see that we weren't going to be able to out run them, so I took out a grenade and pulled the pin. Waiting till the very last moment I hurled it at the spot of toxic spill and watched as the entire lake went up in flames. Huddled on the bridge, just feet from safety, I thought we were home free. That's when I saw the biggest gator on the bridge, lumbering towards us. We ran, ran like the wind to the shore. Turning around I knew I had but mere seconds to cut the binds that held the bridge up, I slashed and slashed at the tethered ropes and just as the giant beast lept for us, the bridge fell, sending him spiraling down into the lake of fire beneath us. As I watched him descend, with sweat pouring from head and my shirt hanging open, my hairy chest heaving, all I could say was, see ya later, alligator.

Tell it like this from now on.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #15067
Grover
Pro Starter

Suicane, that sounds like an excellent vehicle for a SyFy film.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #15068
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Dutch:

Glad you are OK. That sounds like some scary shit.

There weren't any signs saying "Hey, FYI, alligators!"? Or is that just presumed at all times and places in Florida?

Dutch saw the signs, but said "Fuck dat 'gator."
Old 08-11-2015, 12:38 PM   #15069
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Tell it like this from now on.

Fuck, yes.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #15070
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Anybody remember when "casual" pictures (as opposed to only the classic "formal" pictures) became the norm for high school seniors?

I want to say they came into vogue somewhere around the early 2000s maybe but can't swear to it.

Anybody able to fix a more confident date to it?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:00 PM   #15071
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I don't think I wore a suit in mine circa '93 but I'd need to double check
Old 08-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #15072
JeeberD
General Manager

I wore a suit in '95...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:00 AM   #15073
Grover
Pro Starter

I wore a button-down for my senior picture for 02. Did not have a tie though.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #15074
timmae
College Starter

Jeans and white dress shirt in '93. Yikes it looks dated..
Old 08-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #15075
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting (moreso than I expected tbh)

In '84, it was the faux tux look for us, hell, for every senior picture I remember seeing.

From the responses that had faded by somewhere in the mid 90s.

Yesterday? My son's first experience with the faux tux (jacket, bow tie, ruffled shirt ... over shorts & sneakers that weren't visible) ... AND casual wear for another set of pics. And that doesn't count the "social" senior pics that'll be shot on location (old family farm in TN) later this fall.

I wonder ... is this as good a place as any to ask what people see for graduation invitations these days? The traditional "formal" invitations -- with the name card inside -- appear to be all but gone with the wind, replaced by photo paper casual invitations, usual featuring multiple pics.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #15076
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I wonder ... is this as good a place as any to ask what people see for graduation invitations these days? The traditional "formal" invitations -- with the name card inside -- appear to be all but gone with the wind, replaced by photo paper casual invitations, usual featuring multiple pics.

Pretty sure you just set up a Facebook event and tag everyone you want to attend.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #15077
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Pretty sure you just set up a Facebook event and tag everyone you want to attend.

Good by me. Be a helluva lot cheaper.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:24 AM   #15078
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Jeans and white dress shirt in '93. Yikes it looks dated..

I had a trimmed goatee. It was douchey, but I looked hot as fuck. I'd fuck me.

Last edited by Schmidty : 08-14-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #15079
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

What's a graduation invitation? Like for a graduation party?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #15080
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

'93 here, we did the faux tux photo

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #15081
britrock88
Pro Starter

We did the fake tux in '05.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #15082
nol
Banned

The Highly Successful Coach Who Never Punts Has Another Radical Idea

I don't watch as much football as I used to, but this has always been my pet theory ever since I started seeing the spread option become more prevalent in college football: why not give wide receivers the ability to make an option read after they catch a pass downfield? Sure, there could be some fumbles that nullify a big play, but at the lower levels of football (and even in college, where you often see QBs transition to WR) it's not as if the QB's decision-making ability is that much better than everyone else's. Plus the threat of a lateral can discourage other defensive backs from trying to gang tackle the wide receiver.

Last edited by nol : 08-14-2015 at 12:08 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #15083
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
What's a graduation invitation? Like for a graduation party?

No, to the graduation exercise itself.

Generally speaking it's primarily a nudge for a gift.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:01 PM   #15084
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post

I don't watch as much football as I used to, but this has always been my pet theory ever since I started seeing the spread option become more prevalent in college football; why not give wide receivers the ability to make an option read after they catch a pass downfield? Sure, there could be some fumbles that nullify a big play, but at the lower levels of football (and even in college, where you often see QBs transition to WR) it's not as if the QB's decision-making ability is that much better than everyone else's. Plus the threat of a lateral can discourage other defensive backs from trying to gang tackle the wide receiver.

Gotta love it.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #15085
Logan
Head Coach

I think this is the key point:

Quote:
But one potential glitch stands out. Trick plays usually gain more yardage because of deception rather than design. Would those plays gain 20 yards less often because the defense could prepare? Kelley understands the potential problem, but believes the defense’s expectation for a lateral would actually help his offense.

I think saying "only pitch it when it's absolutely 100% safe" is clearly much easier said than done. I just don't think there are enough situations like that in a game, at least situations where it wouldn't be better off for those very safely positioned teammates to be blocking for the guy with the ball already instead of preparing to receive a lateral.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:24 PM   #15086
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't watch as much football as I used to, but this has always been my pet theory ever since I started seeing the spread option become more prevalent in college football: why not give wide receivers the ability to make an option read after they catch a pass downfield? Sure, there could be some fumbles that nullify a big play, but at the lower levels of football (and even in college, where you often see QBs transition to WR) it's not as if the QB's decision-making ability is that much better than everyone else's. Plus the threat of a lateral can discourage other defensive backs from trying to gang tackle the wide receiver.

To me, this turns it into a hybrid Football / Rugby game. Forward pass followed by laterals down the field.

But the reason the Spread Option works is because the QB can hand off to the dive, throw it, pitch it or run it...and it's based upon his reads.

Thinking about a play that sets up downfield, you get pitch or keep, and if they get 3 WRs in the same area, you might be able to get a dive out of it.

Honestly as I think about it more, It does turn it into a rugby game and it would be tougher to break it if it's defended properly.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #15087
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I am also thinking that if it works at least a few times, it really messes up the defensive philosophy regarding swarming the ball carrier, which makes it easier to gain yardage simply because the defense thinks you may pitch it at some point.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:31 PM   #15088
bhlloy
Coordinator

Rugby works because you can't be offside before the tackle and you can't hit the guy before he receives the ball. I think this leads to a hell of a lot more turnovers than you think. Even if you only pitch the ball when you think it's 100% safe what about the linebacker you didn't account for coming from behind and destroying the pitch man?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #15089
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I am also thinking that if it works at least a few times, it really messes up the defensive philosophy regarding swarming the ball carrier, which makes it easier to gain yardage simply because the defense thinks you may pitch it at some point.

Right, and by and large wide receivers are bigger than corner backs. If just faking a pitch allows for 1-on-1 open field situations, that's more YAC with absolutely no added risk. Bottom line, whatever the equilibrium frequency for lateraling after a pass is, it's certainly more than zero.

There are so many plays that would be really, really simple pitches. Anytime you see a guy catch a pass and then shuffle around to let his blocker catch up, it should be like a 2-on-1 fast break in basketball except you don't have to worry about dribbling the ball or getting called for charging. Whenever there's a footrace to the end zone between two guys and the next man trailing the play is an offensive player, that should result in a touchdown pretty much every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Rugby works because you can't be offside before the tackle and you can't hit the guy before he receives the ball. I think this leads to a hell of a lot more turnovers than you think. Even if you only pitch the ball when you think it's 100% safe what about the linebacker you didn't account for coming from behind and destroying the pitch man?

Unexpected stuff happens in football. That linebacker you didn't account for could force a fumble on an attempted lateral, but he could also force a fumble, make an interception, or stuff you on 3rd and short on any subsequent play, which would make going down at the end of that 30 yard gain rather than trying to pitch it to a guy who would've had a good chance of scoring a touchdown a worse decision in retrospect. Just like going deep on 2nd and 1, it's probably better to take a calculated gamble in a situation where you already have the upper hand, and there aren't many more advantageous situations for the offense than when the ballcarrier's already broken into the secondary.

Last edited by nol : 08-14-2015 at 06:58 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 03:20 PM   #15090
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

I had the opportunity to get to know a senior Pulaski Academy administrator. Was very interesting hearing him talk about the never punt football team.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #15091
cuervo72
Head Coach

Why is everyone reporting that Norm MacDonald replaced Darrell Hammond as Col. Sanders? Seems like this is a setup for Col. vs. Col. action to me. Or more, if they keep introducing alternate Colonels.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:28 AM   #15092
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If somebody wants to suggest a diff thread for this then fine but for now

So tonight was bid night on sorority row here in Athens. My wife, a loyal sorority member, helps out with her bunch at the local chapter. She takes along my 17 y/o -- on his first day as a HS senior -- to help out with odds & ends (moving chairs, trying to secure the property line from the frat houses on either side, etc etc)

Did he enjoy his evening?

Well, I'll let these pics give you some idea. The girls in attendance (along with 70 new members) are somewhat (in)famous

Total Frat Move | UGA-Delta Zeta’s Tumblr Is Mind-Numbingly Hot
Old 08-18-2015, 03:09 AM   #15093
Izulde
Head Coach

*starts searching PR openings in Athens*

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:40 PM   #15094
cuervo72
Head Coach

Eh, those girls in the Bama video were hotter.

But the ones at UGA are probably hotter than those at say, West Chester.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 08-18-2015 at 07:41 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:30 PM   #15095
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Eh, those girls in the Bama video were hotter.

Bama seems to be the gold standard for Greek life on campus overall I think.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:46 PM   #15096
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Why is everyone reporting that Norm MacDonald replaced Darrell Hammond as Col. Sanders? Seems like this is a setup for Col. vs. Col. action to me. Or more, if they keep introducing alternate Colonels.

Chris Parnell could probably use a gig.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #15097
Suicane75
Coordinator

Has anyone ever had their bank fail to deposit into paypal? One more fucking aggravation I don't need.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:23 AM   #15098
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Has anyone ever had their bank fail to deposit into paypal? One more fucking aggravation I don't need.

i successfully funded paypal today (first time in about 10 years)
Old 08-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #15099
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

You know you're getting old and jaded when you see a Hollywood couple split up after five years of marriage (the 90210 guy and Megan Fox) and think, "they made it five years, that's not so bad."
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #15100
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
You know you're getting old and jaded when you see a Hollywood couple split up after five years of marriage (the 90210 guy and Megan Fox) and think, "they made it five years, that's not so bad."

I thought they split up a long time ago.