Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2015, 12:01 PM   #15501
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

LOL! Well, I guess we are entering the era of "I just touch your name on my phone - there is a number attached"?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:59 PM   #15502
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Hanging out in the hospital at the moment. Doctor is 80% sure my 6 year old has appendicitis.

I just don't get it. 15 hours ago she was fine. 6 hours ago her school calls saying she's hot. I get there and she throws up in the car. Take her home, 102.9 fever and throws up again. She looks as miserable as I've ever seen her. Try to take her to the minute clinic but it's a 90 minute wait. Take her to the hospital's urgent care. They don't seem overly concerned, at least from the exam... But the urine's a little off. They send us to be admitted, the surgeon is 80% sure.

I know the surgery isn't life threatening, but it's just so unfair she has to deal with this. To her she just has a tummy ache and she has no idea why she can't go home. now she's going to miss her last week is school, her school program, and her last Basketball game, not to mention her tests and we were going to go to six flags.

that sucks, mine burst...way better to take it out.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:47 AM   #15503
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, I had my appendix taken out too. Only trouble is, now they don't know where the rest of my organs are.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #15504
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Ok all, thoughts on this:

Earlier tonight I get a random text from someone basically saying what's up. Don't recognize the number, never received a text from it before, but I know my number got out from some parents at school and my son is in middle school so who knows. Anyway, after a couple of heys he immediately asks if I have an Xbox 360. I say yes, more curious at this point. Asks if I want to trade, and again, I say yes what's the offer.

He says 3 grams.

Uh...so I ask a little more and he says he has some chronic. I have to look this up as I've never heard of it. He's willing to go to 4 if the games are good. I assume by now he thinks I'm someone else. I text a buddy of mine who's a deputy and he tells me to call city. I do and meanwhile I keep talking to the guy and a deal. City never calls and the guy starts calling me which I ignore ,telling him my mins are up. I can only text. City eventually calls me and tells me they'll let the narcotics agent know tomorrow. I tell them about the chronic, his number, and how I know he's at his grandma's across the street from the elementary school in town. (WTF!). Anyway, they seem uninterested. I eventually delay the deal because I need to find the brick to the Xbox 360. I figure he'll eventually figure it out that I wasn't whoever he was talking to.

Kind of shocked the police seemed so uninterested in it considering the drug problem we have around here, but I imagine they figure it could be a big bluff. At any rate, I made my first drug deal tonight so there's that.

What an odd evening.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:36 PM   #15505
Dutch
"Dutch"

Snitches get stitches...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #15506
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Snitches get stitches...

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #15507
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

its weed.
of course they are uninterested.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:52 AM   #15508
molson
General Manager

Not a great night for Steve Harvey. He announces the wrong winner at the Miss Universe pageant, and then in an apology tweet he spelled both the Philippines and Colombia wrong.

Miss Universe 2015 Winner Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo (Steve Harvey Epic FAIL) - YouTube

http://i.imgur.com/PixcKKV.jpg

Last edited by molson : 12-21-2015 at 09:52 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #15509
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Not a great night for Steve Harvey. He announces the wrong winner at the Miss Universe pageant, and then in an apology tweet he spelled both the Philippines and Colombia wrong.

Miss Universe 2015 Winner Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo (Steve Harvey Epic FAIL) - YouTube

http://i.imgur.com/PixcKKV.jpg

TIL Colombia has 2 Os
Old 12-21-2015, 10:35 AM   #15510
Suicane75
Coordinator

Miss Colombia would have 2 O's if I got a hold of her, that's for sure.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #15511
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

This is socio-political but it's so random that it seems to fit better here than anywhere else.

Accidentally stumbled onto a true lunatic fringe blogger today, but it's the weird spin that caught my attention.

Not often that you see someone insist that both past and present government -- both Ds and Rs -- have colluded on everything from 9/11 to San Bernadino ... because they're all Zionists.

I've seen Obama called a lot of things ... but a Zionist? Srsly?
Old 12-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #15512
cuervo72
Head Coach

Damn, Dylan. Dat ass.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #15513
timmae
College Starter

Enjoying a cigar outside in 60 degree weather the eve of Christmas eve in Chicago is a beautiful thing! Huzzah!!
Old 12-23-2015, 08:12 PM   #15514
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I have posted an abnormally high number of sentences on message boards in the last week or so where it has been a real struggle not to end them with ", you dumb-ass."
Old 12-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #15515
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm giving serious thrift to taking a vow of silence.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #15516
AlexB
Pro Starter

I'm horrified to think how many groups of school children, cyclists and handymen I must have unwittingly ploughed into before everybody started wearing hi-viz jackets
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #15517
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

My six-year-old is messing around with "my" iPad. She just said "Hello, Siri." Siri responded with "Hello, Ben. Happy Kwanzaa!"

WOULD IT HAVE SAID THAT TO A WHITE PERSON?????

#AppleIsRacist
Old 12-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #15518
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Siri also told me Happy Kwanzaa. She then told me to check my privilege.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:18 AM   #15519
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I'm horrified to think how many groups of school children, cyclists and handymen I must have unwittingly ploughed into before everybody started wearing hi-viz jackets

While working in Turkey, some US safety rep insisted on putting up exit signs in the Turkish building and put one by the stairs next to the Turkish army colonel that was in the building. He said, "Why are they putting this sign up in front of my door?". I told him it was a standard thing in case of a fire or something. He asked me if they thought he was too stupid to figure out to use the stairs to get out of a burning building. I just laughed...good point, but it was for visitors...so then he asked if we were too stupid to use this stairs if the building was on fire. I told him, "Probably."
Old 12-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #15520
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Siri also told me Happy Kwanzaa. She then told me to check my privilege.

Siri asked me if I wanted this greeting blocked in the future because, well...you know.

Last edited by Dutch : 12-30-2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #15521
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
While working in Turkey, some US safety rep insisted on putting up exit signs in the Turkish building and put one by the stairs next to the Turkish army colonel that was in the building. He said, "Why are they putting this sign up in front of my door?". I told him it was a standard thing in case of a fire or something. He asked me if they thought he was too stupid to figure out to use the stairs to get out of a burning building. I just laughed...good point, but it was for visitors...so then he asked if we were too stupid to use this stairs if the building was on fire. I told him, "Probably."
In the US most exit signs are backlit such that you could find them in smoke. It's not that people wouldn't know to go to the exit, it's that they couldn't locate the exit.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #15522
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

My local electric company's meter reader apparently misread my meter by 1,000 kwh this month. That happens.

Their programmed response? The computer erased last month's reading, substituted the new one, erased last month's bill and credited me what would have been the difference. Apparently, its response to a negative amount of electricity used in a month is to back up until the difference becomes positive.

The problem, of course, is that next month I will be billed for an extra 1,000 kwh and whatever extra charges they have for someone consuming a Kardashian-sized amount of electricity in a month.

So I called their billing department. I got the guy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. He kept apologizing and telling me he didn't understand. So, back on hold, and apparently his supervisor couldn't explain to him what he wanted to do, which was wrong anyway. It involved estimating next month's bill, of all things.

After much more apologizing and somewhat of an indication that the meter reading itself had been corrected (but not the insane removal of last month's bill), I got him to put a note in my account indicating that I had called and was worried I'd be billed way too much next month.

Either I'm getting a free month of electricity or I'll be billed twice as much I should be billed. Welcome to Wheel of Customer Service Fortune.

Another random thought, is Vanna White preserved in formaldehyde at night? I remember her doing the same thing when I was a kid, though I think the letters actually had to be turned back then. Google says she's 58.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #15523
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
In the US most exit signs are backlit such that you could find them in smoke. It's not that people wouldn't know to go to the exit, it's that they couldn't locate the exit.

Oh, I know, it was more along the lines of introducing new safety to someone unaccustomed to it.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #15524
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Whether or not I can continue to avoid speaking my mind in clear terms on a few subjects before my child finally graduates from high school is becoming a narrower & narrower run thing.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #15525
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Whether or not I can continue to avoid speaking my mind in clear terms on a few subjects before my child finally graduates from high school is becoming a narrower & narrower run thing.

I stopped holding back when mine was Senior...
Old 01-08-2016, 03:55 PM   #15526
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Are you going back to Monticello after the young one graduates?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #15527
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Are you going back to Monticello after the young one graduates?

Oh dear God no.

That purchase was the single worst mistake of my life. The combination of Hooterville + Peyton Place {shudder} ... words fail me.

That was still a bigger mistake than putting in a swimming pool elsewhere.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:09 PM   #15528
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I stopped holding back when mine was Senior...

Too much money poured into it for him to be kicked out this close to graduation. And we've definitely seen the impact of merely the name on college applications in some places, I'll admit that. He's too close to escaping along with his cohorts for me to fuck that up for him simply because I lack patience. He's earned the right to leave with them, not for me to screw it up.

The change in administration at the school that began a couple of years ago with a retirement, well let's just say I don't know how long that name value will last.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #15529
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
My local electric company's meter reader apparently misread my meter by 1,000 kwh this month. That happens.

Their programmed response? The computer erased last month's reading, substituted the new one, erased last month's bill and credited me what would have been the difference. Apparently, its response to a negative amount of electricity used in a month is to back up until the difference becomes positive.

The problem, of course, is that next month I will be billed for an extra 1,000 kwh and whatever extra charges they have for someone consuming a Kardashian-sized amount of electricity in a month.

So I called their billing department. I got the guy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. He kept apologizing and telling me he didn't understand. So, back on hold, and apparently his supervisor couldn't explain to him what he wanted to do, which was wrong anyway. It involved estimating next month's bill, of all things.

After much more apologizing and somewhat of an indication that the meter reading itself had been corrected (but not the insane removal of last month's bill), I got him to put a note in my account indicating that I had called and was worried I'd be billed way too much next month.

Either I'm getting a free month of electricity or I'll be billed twice as much I should be billed. Welcome to Wheel of Customer Service Fortune.

Another random thought, is Vanna White preserved in formaldehyde at night? I remember her doing the same thing when I was a kid, though I think the letters actually had to be turned back then. Google says she's 58.

That is...a crazy way to handle a misread. As a former meter reader, I'm familiar with how that can happen, but that seems to be an insane way to handle the problem. My company will either A) send someone out to verify the read, or B) estimate the bill based on the past six months of usage.

Also, I practically guarantee you will be getting a double bill next month.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:55 PM   #15530
Suicane75
Coordinator

Two things I'm struggling with right now. Was Park Overall hot? And, was that dude on Barney Miller a hunk, or a Frankenstein looking dork. I'm going back and forth on both.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #15531
cuervo72
Head Coach

Damn. Those are tough calls. I don't have definitive answers, but I think both were done wrong by their hairstylists.

I always wondered the same about Jean Smart and Kristen Johnston.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:38 PM   #15532
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Damn. Those are tough calls. I don't have definitive answers, but I think both were done wrong by their hairstylists.

I always wondered the same about Jean Smart and Kristen Johnston.

Designing Women Jean Smart? The sum of that ensemble lifted all of them individually.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:27 AM   #15533
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Park Overall & Kristen Johnston were both hot. They both had a "could get very ... rambunctious" thing going on.

Jean Smart not really hot. Pretty on a good day yes, but hot? Eh, never saw it.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:17 AM   #15534
Suicane75
Coordinator

Kristen Johnson from 3rd Rock? Oh damn yeah she was smoking. Didn't wear weight well though, just didn't have the face for it. But in her prime, yes.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:05 PM   #15535
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well right, that was the deal with Johnson. I usually leaned towards hot, but then sometimes I rethought that choice. Smart was one that I never thought at the time, but when I went back and looked I thought "you know...she might not have been that bad." It was tough to tell in the 80s with some of the fashion and hair choices (if you weren't wearing tight jeans and crop tops). I think she has also aged better than average.

edit: agreed with the "rambunctiousness"

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-13-2016 at 06:05 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 06:16 PM   #15536
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Johnston was a bit too mannish for me
Old 01-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #15537
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What about Crystal Bernard?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #15538
Suicane75
Coordinator

It's A Living era Crystal Bernard, in a heartbeat. Wings era Crystal Bernard, lost some luster.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:01 PM   #15539
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, Crystal Bernard was absolutely hot. Reminds me too that I had the hots for Ann Jillian for a bit as a lad.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #15540
Suicane75
Coordinator

She never did it for me. There was something about platinum blondes that turned me off when I was younger. It just didn't look right.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:11 PM   #15541
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Oh, Crystal Bernard was absolutely hot.

This.

Nothing more to say about it.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #15542
Suicane75
Coordinator

Psshh, the other chick on Wings blew her away, Farah Forke.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 PM   #15543
cuervo72
Head Coach

Forke was hot, but I don't know -- Barnard was like the Jennifer Aniston archetype before Jennifer Aniston.
Old 01-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #15544
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yeah, I never found Aniston remotely sexy. She oozes anti-sex appeal to me. Wehn Bernard was younger and the hair was frizzed out she had that country girl gone city girl thing going on. By the time Wings came around she was just sort of like your aunt from down south, fun but entirely non sexual.

I've thought way too much about this.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #15545
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Psshh, the other chick on Wings blew her away, Farah Forke.

Crystal Bernard and Farrah Forke would have been the ultimate threesome choice for me back in the day
Old 01-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #15546
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Two things I'm struggling with right now. Was Park Overall hot? And, was that dude on Barney Miller a hunk, or a Frankenstein looking dork. I'm going back and forth on both.

Who knew this was wrong for this thread...
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:35 AM   #15547
Kodos
Resident Alien

Huh. Aniston may be my top woman ever looks-wise. She's just plain hot, even now.

Last edited by Kodos : 01-14-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:19 AM   #15548
Suicane75
Coordinator

There was one episode, where David Schwimmer lost his monkey and she went out looking for him in a plaid skirt and a tight white sweater. That's literally the only time I've looked at her with a degree of arousal. Ever.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #15549
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I never found Aniston remotely sexy. She oozes anti-sex appeal to me. Wehn Bernard was younger and the hair was frizzed out she had that country girl gone city girl thing going on. By the time Wings came around she was just sort of like your aunt from down south, fun but entirely non sexual.

I've thought way too much about this.

Go watch her in Horrible Bosses. She was in her early 40s FFS.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:28 AM   #15550
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've seen Horrible Bosses, didn't do much for me.