Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #15851
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I agree. But even if one kid is touched because of this, that is too many. I don't give a shit about grown people feelings compared to kids safety.

Well in that case we just need kid bathrooms, where adults aren't allowed.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #15852
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I agree. But even if one kid is touched because of this, that is too many. I don't give a shit about grown people feelings compared to kids safety.

Well, then bring on the laws that adults should not be allowed to come into contact with children at church, or at school, or at daycare, because there have surely been incidents in which children were molested there, and as you say one is too many. I'm sure there are parents out there who have molested their own children as well, so we should probably bar all parents from coming into contact with their children just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well in that case we just need kid bathrooms, where adults aren't allowed.

We're gonna need to hire kid custodians to clean up these restrooms, because otherwise you're just asking for a transgender individual to pretend to be the janitor to go in there and molest everyone.

Last edited by nol : 04-26-2016 at 01:38 PM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:20 AM   #15853
Suicane75
Coordinator

As I was walking home tonight a fly landed on my arm. I said "get off of me fly". He blinked, and to my amazement he began to talk to me. He told me how he was an accomplished actor and wondered if I would like to come see him in a production of Shitspeare In The Park. I said, "don't you mean Shakespear?" He laughed and said, "forgive me, it's just a play on turds."

Am I drunk?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:38 AM   #15854
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I just yawned and had a big piece of cheese from my pizza fall out of my beard. I think this is the moment I've officially given up on life.

Here's the real test.

Did you...
A) Immediately pick up the cheese and eat it
B) eventually pick up the cheese and throw it away
C) Let it lie there...where it still sits today
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:42 AM   #15855
Suicane75
Coordinator

I ate it. I ate it OK!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #15856
Easy Mac

Why is it so hard for fast food places to get my drink order correct in the drive-thru?

I ordered a coke. I received a Mr. Pibb/Dr. Pepper (not sure which one they serve).

This happens about 10% of the time I go through the drive-thru at a fast food place. How is it so difficult, it is literally on the screen in front of them while they do it.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #15857
Easy Mac

So this happened prior to my fast food visit.

Was walking across downtown to get my car from the shop, about a mile of walking straight through the heart of downtown. Had headphones in and was listening to music.

I end up behind a girl, mid-30s, about 1/5th of the way through my walk. W're walking about the same pace, so I end up walking behind her for about the next 3/5ths of my walk. She every now and again glances behind to, I guess, gauge whether I'm a stalker/creep. She's wearing a small dress that leaves little to the imagination and puffs out at the bottom, so I'm a little offended, but whatever.

Eventually we're at a spot where the buildings back off the street a bit, so there's more sidewalk.

Next thing I know, the bottom of her dress flies up. After fixing it, she checks to see if I'm staring. I assumed this was going to eventually happen given the tiny dress she's wearing, so I've pretty much had my eyes angled away most of the walk anyway.

Maybe 20 seconds later, it happens again, and she again looks back.

Finally, maybe a minute later, it flies up even more, causing her to drop her purse. I just walk around and continue my walk while she gives me a look. I'm not sure if it was a "can you help" look, or a "you're a jerk for looking" look. As I get ready to pass by and she bends to pick up her purse, the dress shoots up again and her sunglasses fall off.

I just continue to ignore it and carry on. She eventually walked past me again at a light and eventually peeled off before I got to my destination.

All this is to ask, I handled it correctly, right? I feel I was in no man's land as far as helping her pick up her stuff, and commenting on anything about the dress flying up would have just been creepy.

Also, since it may be asked, she was wearing boy shorts under.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #15858
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
You missed a perfect "cocky and funny" opportunity. F minus.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #15859
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Was she hot?
Old 04-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #15860
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Next time keep the portable fan that was blowing up her dress at home.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:41 PM   #15861
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah I think you did fine there. Maybe you could have ended up looking better if you got down to start picking stuff up for her, but I would have walked past her and approached her from the front so you're not bent down behind her in any way. She might have still thought you were trying to creep, so ultimately it's better for her to think you were than to have your face even closer to her ass/chest and risk her getting freaked out and yelling out for help to another pedestrian.

Think there's just as good a chance she was liking the attention. After it happened the first time, or at least the second time, you'd think she would hold her skirt with one hand. Women here walk like that constantly, down breezy blocks, over subway grates, up/down subway stairs.

Which reminds me...I've been fortunate enough to see my fair share of nice bare behinds over the years. But burned into my brain is the time I was walking up the subway stairs behind a woman in a short dress who didn't grab her skirt quickly enough as we got towards ground level and hit a wind tunnel. Just a perfect ass with a barely-there thong.

It's the little things in life.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:47 PM   #15862
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
You missed a perfect "cocky and funny" opportunity. F minus.

I'm not enough of a HornsManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Was she hot?

6-7/10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Next time keep the portable fan that was blowing up her dress at home.

User Name checks out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah I think you did fine there....
It's the little things in life.

The one burned is my brain is from college. Happened walking between classes. The girl ended up being Clint Dempsey's wife.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #15863
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not to sidetrack the far more enjoyable direction of the random thoughts thread here but ...

It's a tough day in Athens today, four students killed & another critically injured in a car crash last night. I'm not even sure that the community has reached the point of heavy grief yet, more of a sense of shock still permeating ... everything.

Last night, as the story developed, it was pretty tough. I know quite a few current students there and, well, you worry. Throw in the stark reality that my own child will be a college freshman a long way from home in a few months, the "it could just as easily be your child as anyone else's" notion.

It weighs on the mind, and the heart. And it transcends pretty much all loyalties, divisions, you name it. It's just feels like a very heavy day in what is, really, an oversized small town.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:26 PM   #15864
PilotMan
Head Coach

After my last trip I think I might need to start a new dynasty called "Things the guy I'm flying with complains about." As the SIC (Second in Command) it's pretty much like sitting there with your boss all day. You have to learn to be a chameleon, just kind of blending in with your surroundings. I'm not going to get into headed disagreements about politics, religions, sexual orientation in the cockpit. Mostly I just meet those conversations I disagree with, with silence. Let it go.

This last trip, good-fucking-grief, was a non-stop bitch fest. Flying techniques, transgender bathrooms, dispatch, flight planning, the company, nothing was fucking good enough for this guy, including me I imagine. We didn't shake hands when it was over. Even through we only flew 4 legs together there was just too much contention between us. I just got tired of it. Tired of him.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 08:45 PM   #15865
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Yeah, but in his defense, he was pretty good in the 2004 World Series.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:38 PM   #15866
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

spent 29 min stuck on the beltway today (at midnight) when i finally got past the accident there were 6 cars on the wall, which means at least 6 people didnt drive away. SLOW THE FUCK DOWN when its raining.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #15867
Logan
Head Coach

Got upgraded to Office 2016 yesterday. I'm okay with Word, Excel and PPT so far but I hate the new look of Outlook. It's just feels like a big wall of text with such little separation.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #15868
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Got upgraded to Office 2016 yesterday. I'm okay with Word, Excel and PPT so far but I hate the new look of Outlook. It's just feels like a big wall of text with such little separation.

In the View tab, check what the settings are under Layout for Folder Pane, Reading Pane. I have Folder Pane as 'Normal', and Reading Pane as 'Right', and it looks like every other version of Outlook I've used.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #15869
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
In the View tab, check what the settings are under Layout for Folder Pane, Reading Pane. I have Folder Pane as 'Normal', and Reading Pane as 'Right', and it looks like every other version of Outlook I've used.

That's how I have it setup as well. It's the folder pane I have issues with. I keep a lot of folders (and sub folders) and in the new version it looks like I opened a word document and started just typing them all out, hitting return, then tabbing over, hitting return, etc. Plus there is a lot more white space in between each folder. I used to be able to see pretty much all of my folders without needing to scroll down, and now only about half show up on the screen.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #15870
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
That's how I have it setup as well. It's the folder pane I have issues with. I keep a lot of folders (and sub folders) and in the new version it looks like I opened a word document and started just typing them all out, hitting return, then tabbing over, hitting return, etc. Plus there is a lot more white space in between each folder. I used to be able to see pretty much all of my folders without needing to scroll down, and now only about half show up on the screen.

Ok, back in the Layout option, click Folder Pane, then Options. See if there is a checkbox in Compact Navigation.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:17 AM   #15871
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok, back in the Layout option, click Folder Pane, then Options. See if there is a checkbox in Compact Navigation.

Yep. Tried that already. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:25 AM   #15872
Logan
Head Coach

Found some others who had issues with the folder spacing and didn't get any help. There is another link buried in there that talks about changing font size within Windows entirely, and that could reduce the spacing, but it didn't help me.

How to reduce spacing on left-side folder list? Outlook 2016 | Windows Secrets Lounge
Old 05-03-2016, 09:28 AM   #15873
cartman
Death Herald

Strange. I have a ton of folders as well, and Outlook 16 looks like it always has in the past with those settings.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #15874
Easy Mac

I hate Charter so much.

Signed up for the Spectrum TV+, their streaming service that gives you a free Roku 3.

Signed up Friday. They told me it should be ready in 24-48 hours, so I've been trying to sign in since then, but no go. Spent 30 minutes on the phone and they couldn't figure out why it isn't working, since I can log into my account and check/pay bills for a service I can't actually use. They told me they would check into it and give me a call in 1-2 days.

I asked if the 30 day money back guarantee could be moved to when I can actually use the service, they said they can't move the day. So now, the 30 day guarantee will end up being a 23 day guarantee because their service won't actually work.

They also changed my password to an insanely generic password, then told me to keep it like that until I get a call back to make it easier for the technicians to mess with my account.

Just a crappy company, but I literally have no other choice for anything other than really bad DSL or satellite.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 PM   #15875
bob
College Starter

Any recommendations on a place online to purchase new bank checks? Ordering directly from the bank, while convenient, seems stupidly expensive.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:26 PM   #15876
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

What's a bank check?
Old 05-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #15877
PilotMan
Head Coach

Did this thread just warp back to 1995?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #15878
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Any recommendations on a place online to purchase new bank checks? Ordering directly from the bank, while convenient, seems stupidly expensive.

Walmart.com

Yes, I'm serious.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #15879
bob
College Starter

I'm not sure how you all pay for kids camps and other activities and bills, but I still have to write plenty of checks.

Thanks Jon
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #15880
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I'm not sure how you all pay for kids camps and other activities and bills, but I still have to write plenty of checks.

Thanks Jon

No problem. I was skeptical at first but I've been using them for something like 6-8 years now, a wide range of designs & styles available, quality is fine although not fancy. They've never screwed up, never been late, really pretty hassle free.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #15881
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Strange. I have a ton of folders as well, and Outlook 16 looks like it always has in the past with those settings.

come work for the gov and use excel 7!

GIT R DUN!!!

Last edited by claphamsa : 05-03-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #15882
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
come work for the gov and use excel 7!

That's something I don't miss. I think they had just upgraded to IE7 when I was leaving a couple years ago.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:14 PM   #15883
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's something I don't miss. I think they had just upgraded to IE7 when I was leaving a couple years ago.

we upgraded to XP the week microsoft stop supporting Windows 7 (or whatever it was)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:20 PM   #15884
molson
General Manager

Tonight I'm going to a surprise birthday party where, I have learned from sources, the birthday girl's girlfriend is planning to propose, but the birthday girl really wants to be the one to propose and doesn't want to do that just yet. Should be interesting. (I'm not close enough to either of them to even consider giving either of them a heads up, but a closer friend might end up doing that, so there's other wild cards in play).

Last edited by molson : 05-04-2016 at 05:22 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:45 PM   #15885
Logan
Head Coach

Having to stress about proposing. Enjoy your equality!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #15886
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Tonight I'm going to a surprise birthday party where, I have learned from sources, the birthday girl's girlfriend is planning to propose, but the birthday girl really wants to be the one to propose and doesn't want to do that just yet. Should be interesting. (I'm not close enough to either of them to even consider giving either of them a heads up, but a closer friend might end up doing that, so there's other wild cards in play).

Gotta let us know what happens!
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #15887
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Gotta let us know what happens!

A close friend who knew about the proposal plan didn't tell the birthday girl about the plan, but did convince the birthday girl over the last week or so to propose herself the same night. (there was a scheduled birthday dinner with a few people, the surprise part was that there was actually 50 people there). I guess the birthday girl was close to proposing anyway, but just thought it would be tacky to do at the birthday dinner.

So, it was uneventful, one proposed, and then a little later, the other one did too. I think both had rings.

I did make me think about how this all works with gay couples. There probably needs to be more communication about expectations and fewer surprise proposals, when you don't have the defined traditional roles set about who does what. It can also be complicated to find a venue - Boise's quite liberal, but they had been planning to book a place on a lake a few hours north before hearing that the venue was a little passively hostile to gay weddings.

Last edited by molson : 05-05-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #15888
Kodos
Resident Alien

Call me strange, but I proposed when we were alone. It was nerve-wracking enough without a crowd. (I never like to be the center of attention anyway.)
Old 05-05-2016, 11:04 AM   #15889
molson
General Manager

Ya, I don't understand the public engagements at all, but these two people do enjoy being the center of attention (and I mean that in a nice way, they're very entertaining and positive people). I guess if you're the type that feeds off of people that way, it's make sense to share something really important with them.

Last edited by molson : 05-05-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:07 AM   #15890
Kodos
Resident Alien

How could you ever say "no" to a public proposal? That would be epic to witness.

I've known people who would very definitely enjoy staging a proposal in public. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #15891
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

My fiance would have killed me if I did a public proposal and I wouldn't classify her as the shy type.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #15892
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Terry Bozzio's drum kit:

Come on, dude. Lookit all the pedals!! Fuck the show, I'll just come check out the first two hours of the soundcheck.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:52 PM   #15893
Dutch
"Dutch"

Holy crap!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:37 PM   #15894
heybrad
Norm!!!

Today I'll be having my third interview with a Fortune 500 software company for an executive position. I'm nervous as hell.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #15895
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Brad!
Old 05-06-2016, 12:57 PM   #15896
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Good luck, heybrad.

(Isn't it weird to be a grownup? I never thought things like "executive position" would apply to people like us.)
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #15897
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Good luck, heybrad.

(Isn't it weird to be a grownup? I never thought things like "executive position" would apply to people like us.)

I know, right?

I took a promotion recently to a "senior" position and I still want to scratch the word senior off my business cards
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #15898
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Good luck, heybrad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I know, right?

I took a promotion recently to a "senior" position and I still want to scratch the word senior off my business cards

Yeah. It's very strange sometimes.

I'm an in-house attorney, but considered an executive in my company in terms of, well, pretty much everything.

I'm also the "subject matter expert" for my type of law worldwide for a global company. It's weird to think this company's "executive" and "subject matter expert" has been known to stay up until 2 or 3 am on a weekday playing video games, drinking PBR and eating BBQ chips, and still plays Dungeons and Dragons.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #15899
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It's weird to think this company's "executive" and "subject matter expert" has been known to stay up until 2 or 3 am on a weekday playing video games, drinking PBR and eating BBQ chips, and still plays Dungeons and Dragons.

Eh, these days that's probably a lot more "normal" than you'd think.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:12 PM   #15900
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I've had similar feelings recently. We hired a new guy who isn't too far out of college and have been showing him the ropes of how we program stuff, especially in the very industry-specific programming language we use for gathering research data. He's been pretty much in my office non-stop for the past couple of weeks asking me how to program stuff. It's weird being a mentor when I don't really feel grizzled enough to be one.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote