Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #1551
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would imagine that decision came directly from Kraft.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #1552
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Kind of condemning on the Pats part to release him. One would think they would have stood by the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect, but they didn't.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #1553
korme
Go Reds

Browns Rookie Charged With Attempted Murder

Browns have a rookie charged with attempted murder and you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. It pays to not be famous!

As Deadspin says, banner day for the NFL
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #1554
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

One wonders if Ray Lewis ever builds a legacy if it were Goodell's NFL back then.. I applaud the Pats front office for doing the right thing and not coddling a player even though he would likely have a great influence on their chances to win this year.

It'll be interesting to see what New England does to overcome this. I'm not sure they have the defense yet to make up for a less than explosive offense.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #1555
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
One wonders if Ray Lewis ever builds a legacy if it were Goodell's NFL back then.. I applaud the Pats front office for doing the right thing and not coddling a player even though he would likely have a great influence on their chances to win this year.

It'll be interesting to see what New England does to overcome this. I'm not sure they have the defense yet to make up for a less than explosive offense.

Regardless of any criminal trial outcome I doubt Hernandez would have played this year anyway
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #1556
molson
General Manager

Never thought I'd miss the the Patriots offseason revolving around Tim Tebow.

Anyway, good for the Pats for not screwing around. It really doesn't matter what happens in court or even what he's charged with. They shouldn't have this guy under contract if they think he's involved in this in any way (and they probably have more insight into the evidence and charges than we do).

Edit: Patriots have also already cleared all Hernandez merchandise out of their online store. They're on top of things.

Last edited by molson : 06-26-2013 at 10:29 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #1557
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Pats front office continues to impress me.

You don't win all those Super Bowls by accident. You do it by being professional and by not looking back once you make a decision.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #1558
Danny
Head Coach

I root against the pats usually because they have been so good and it's fun to root for the underdog, but they deserve a lot of respect.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #1559
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Bummer...he was a dynamic offensive threat. And with Gronk injured, TE immediately goes from "Team's 2nd greatest strength" to "Team's biggest weakness."

That being said - definitely a classy move by the organization - not disagreeing at all. Presumably they wouldn't release him unless they were relatively certain that he wouldn't be able to sign with another team - wonder if there's more coming from the league. Lifetime ban?

They could have used some of the money they put into his contract to keep fucking Welker. Thanks a lot Hernandez.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-26-2013 at 10:47 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #1560
Kodos
Resident Alien

A nice move by the Pats.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #1561
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Browns Rookie Charged With Attempted Murder

Browns have a rookie charged with attempted murder and you can't find it anywhere on ESPN. It pays to not be famous!

I didn't have any problem finding it on ESPN. Right on the front page.

Ausar Walcott, Cleveland Browns rookie, arrested Tuesday, charged with attempted murder - ESPN
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #1562
TroyF
Coordinator

Can't stand the Pats, but good on them as an organization.

Yes, it is innocent until proven guilty. That is for the courts to decide. The Patriots, all they have to do is decide what is best for the team. The distraction isn't worth it. The bad publicity in their community isn't worth it. The victim of the crime shouldn't be overshadowed by their team in any way.

You look at how this happens vs. how the Cowboys have handled the Brent situation and you see why one organization constantly sits at the top of the league while the other struggles in mediocrity.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #1563
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I haven't really followed this all that closely, but I'm surprised by how many people are applauding the Pats move as 'classy'. What if he isn't guilty? How is it 'classy' to ditch someone for getting arrested? Isn't this just a case of the Pats saving money and headaches for themselves? That's classy?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #1564
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I haven't really followed this all that closely, but I'm surprised by how many people are applauding the Pats move as 'classy'. What if he isn't guilty? How is it 'classy' to ditch someone for getting arrested? Isn't this just a case of the Pats saving money and headaches for themselves? That's classy?

Classy or not, it's simply good judgment.

The phone, the security system, the cleaning crew ... how dumb must this f***head be even if he didn't pull a trigger?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1565
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Regardless of any criminal trial outcome I doubt Hernandez would have played this year anyway

True.. Didn't think that through too well. This bodes well for my Bengals though.. It seems like all the breaks are going their way so far. The AFC is getting weaker all around them.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #1566
Ronnie Dobbs3
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
This bodes well for my Bengals though..

You're right, they will likely have a shot at him on waivers.
Ronnie Dobbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1567
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post

I'm operating on the assumption they have a pretty good idea of the magnitude of the charges and/or his guilt. Plus, he's an idiot for getting himself into this situation, and they're a classy franchise, not the Jailblazers of the NFL.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #1568
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just hope he doesn't take a shot back.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1569
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - good move organizationally, but man this idiot hurt them on the field with this shit.

Who's their most experienced receiver now with Gronk injured - Edelman? Like the kid, maybe he develops into a Welker-like figure, but he's not all that dynamic or matchup-problemy. I foresee problems offensively.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1570
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Just hope he doesn't take a shot back.

Excellent
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #1571
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - good move organizationally, but man this idiot hurt them on the field with this shit.

Who's their most experienced receiver now with Gronk injured - Edelman? Like the kid, maybe he develops into a Welker-like figure, but he's not all that dynamic or matchup-problemy. I foresee problems offensively.

Only saying this in half jest. . . Your starting h-back TE for the 2013 Patriots. . . Tim Tebow. ..

edt: as far as your question goes, it would be Amendola or however the hell you spell his name. . .

Last edited by TroyF : 06-26-2013 at 01:04 PM.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #1572
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Hernandez charged with Murder
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #1573
spleen1015
Coordinator

Any chance they hit him with a big charge like that to get him to spill the beans?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #1574
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Any chance they hit him with a big charge like that to get him to spill the beans?

Hearing the prosecutor saying that they have video of Hernandez with a gun in his home, talking to his friends (not Lloyd), and saying "you can't trust people anymore"...I'm going to say no.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #1575
spleen1015
Coordinator

Watching the feed from the courthouse, listening to the prosecutor, I'd say he's toast. Burnt toast.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #1576
Flasch186
Coordinator

Toast.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #1577
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead 1m

Hernandez and friends LEFT a shell casing in the rental car they returned. Also, a piece of gum.

Bubblicious gum that they had him on tape buying at a gas station earlier that night.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #1578
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

and now we know why Aaron Hernandez chose football over rocket science
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #1579
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

In your typical under-the-radar case, many prosecutors will over-charge with the hope/expectation that they will scare someone into cooperation and/or a plea to a lesser charge. And, in those cases, the lesser charge might very well be the "real" crime.

In a high-profile case like this, I doubt that they would indict for murder unless they thought that he was guilty of murder. It makes them look bad if he ends up pleading to 2nd degree impeding an investigation or something.

I will note that everything you are hearing at this part of the process is the government presenting the court with its best case. Mr. Hernandez is not expected or required to start defending the merits of his case at this point.

Now, again, because it is a high profile case, I would put more stock into what the DA is willing to say in public than I would in a normal case.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #1580
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Bubblicious gum that they had him on tape buying at a gas station earlier that night.

That's why Sean Payton always chews Juicy Fruit. Less murdery.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #1581
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

The evidence they have.. My god... Hernandez, you have got to be the dumbest criminal I have ever fucking seen.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #1582
Flasch186
Coordinator

This

Has he not seen one episode of ANY law and criminal murder investigation show EVER?!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 06-26-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #1583
spleen1015
Coordinator

No Bail
Old 06-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #1584
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The video was really choppy and I had my son running all around. Anyone know if there is a site to get a transcript or a rundown on the timeline of the case? Been searching the net and half the sites don't even have the murder charge in their story. Its crazy how much expectations for quickness have changed in 2013 but you would think somewhere would have it up.

(ESPN is just Roger Cozack saying the same thing over and over and all the while completely contradicting the things he was saying over and over this morning. )

Last edited by panerd : 06-26-2013 at 02:50 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #1585
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

He's not an NFL player due to his brains.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #1586
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
In your typical under-the-radar case, many prosecutors will over-charge with the hope/expectation that they will scare someone into cooperation and/or a plea to a lesser charge. And, in those cases, the lesser charge might very well be the "real" crime.

I'd just add that the "over-charge" still has to have probable cause supporting it to get past whatever the the state's version of a preliminary hearing/probable cause hearing is. Maybe there's substantial evidence to support a murder charge but also potential provability issues or stuff that might throw a jury off, or maybe there's plenty of evidence to support a murder charge under a felony murder theory but not that a guy actually pulled the trigger. A prosecutor might charge a guy with murder in a case like but ultimately be satisfied with a conviction for a lesser charge and cooperation. I wouldn't consider that over-charging, but some would.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #1587
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if it is even possible for a celebrity to murder someone in this day of age? (technology, cameras, etc)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #1588
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Aaaaaand just saw the first photo meme about Hernandez hit my FB wall at 419pm.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #1589
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
The video was really choppy and I had my son running all around. Anyone know if there is a site to get a transcript or a rundown on the timeline of the case? Been searching the net and half the sites don't even have the murder charge in their story. Its crazy how much expectations for quickness have changed in 2013 but you would think somewhere would have it up.

(ESPN is just Roger Cozack saying the same thing over and over and all the while completely contradicting the things he was saying over and over this morning. )

This is not a bad article that talks about the case they laid out for the murder, but doesn't talk about the days afterwards much.

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder - Boston.com
Old 06-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #1590
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
This is not a bad article that talks about the case they laid out for the murder, but doesn't talk about the days afterwards much.

Aaron Hernandez charged with murder - Boston.com

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

I realize that all I have to do is turn off ESPN but it is sad how they are following the police van like this is some sort of OJ moment. Again I guess I am part of the problem by watching but its a little ridiculous.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #1591
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I'm not surprised the Patriots player successfully committed murder and the Browns player failed to.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #1592
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs3 View Post

Nice!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #1593
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Well Urban Meyer puts out another shitty football player.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #1594
Logan
Head Coach

Good timing

Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #1595
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
Lets see here.

1.Welker signs with Denver.
2.Pats sign Amendola from the Rams.
3.Gronkowski having surgery every couple weeks, it seems.
4.Pats signing Tebow.
5.Accusations of Putin stealing Krafts SB ring.
6.Hernandez in the middle of a homicide.

What an offseason so far for the Patriots.
I've probably missed a few events, but this is all I can think of right now.

7. Hernandez arrested, then released by Pats.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 PM   #1596
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Free agent TE's available that the Pats could be interested in.

Boss, Kevin
Clark, Dallas
Cooley, Chris
McMichael, Randy
Pope, Leonard
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #1597
Dutch
"Dutch"

I hope he's innocent because...

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #1598
Suicane75
Coordinator

Before everyone jumps on the applauding the Patriots bandwagon, let's not lose sight of the fact that they employed this idiot in the first place. You cannot tell me that nobody in that organization didn't know that this was, on some level, the kind of guy he was. But good on them for releasing a murderer as quickly as they could. The only saving grace was that guy he shot probably wasn't doing much more than taking up space anyway.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #1599
oykib
College Starter

I thought that this was amusing.
Attached Images
File Type: png hernandez.png (13.8 KB, 95 views)
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #1600
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Before everyone jumps on the applauding the Patriots bandwagon, let's not lose sight of the fact that they employed this idiot in the first place. You cannot tell me that nobody in that organization didn't know that this was, on some level, the kind of guy he was. But good on them for releasing a murderer as quickly as they could. The only saving grace was that guy he shot probably wasn't doing much more than taking up space anyway.

Yeah, these murderers are so easy to spot.