Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #16801
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And 50% wondering w.t.f. things went wrong
Old 05-14-2017, 03:11 PM   #16802
Suicane75
Coordinator

Well, since we're talking about it, does anyone else ever just get a stabbing pain in their dick? That's the thing that bothers me most.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #16803
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Were you getting it pierced at the time?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #16804
Suicane75
Coordinator

Not by anybody I know.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #16805
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Getting old is 50% wondering why your back hurts and 50% being angry at prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
What about 50% telling the kids to turn their crap off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
What about 50% pontificating that music was better when you were young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
And 50% wondering w.t.f. things went wrong

that is 250%.
this new math being 'taught' today is all jacked up.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #16806
heybrad
Norm!!!

I took my wife and son away to a lake cabin over the weekend. I was pretty excited that in my late 40's I handled canoeing, playing volleyball, riding ATV's and other activities pretty well over the first 2 days. The third day I could hardly get out of bed I was in so much pain.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:39 PM   #16807
Easy Mac

Like clockwork, the first nice weekend of the year with the neighborhood pool being open brings out the various people complaining about it on Facebook. There've been numerous posts today complaining about music, noise, drinks...

It opened last week, but it was like 50 and raining. I told my wife last week that I can't wait for this time of year to get constant buzzes on my phone with people complaining about the pool.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #16808
Easy Mac

Saw that Furman will play at Ole Miss in 2024. I suggested a road trip with my sister and mom, as they're alumni of those schools, respectively. Then I realized my sister will be turning 50 that year, my mom 72.

Man I'm getting old.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM   #16809
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My son's first tee ball practice tonight.

He...doesn't throw well, and doesn't catch all that great either. This should be interesting.

edit: I'm almost certainly terrified my kid is going to be like god awful in comparison to the other kids. I'm sure it's fine. We just happen to be neighbors with a kid who is absurdly athletic for his age.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 05-22-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:47 PM   #16810
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

He...doesn't throw well, and doesn't catch all that great either. This should be interesting.

edit: I'm almost certainly terrified my kid is going to be like god awful in comparison to the other kids. I'm sure it's fine. We just happen to be neighbors with a kid who is absurdly athletic for his age.

Dude, it's tee ball. I think both years I played tee ball there were maybe 5 kids in the whole league who even knew the correct order of bases to run to. By the time we were in little league proper most everyone was at least competent. He'll be fine.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #16811
molson
General Manager

I wanted to make a sandwich last night but we were out of bread.

Last night I had a dream that I found a loaf of bread in the back of the cabinet that was still good. I was so happy. But it was just a dream.

I live an exciting life.

Last edited by molson : 05-23-2017 at 11:14 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 AM   #16812
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So I was at an awards thing for my senior daughter today and it occurred to me that for the low low price of $50-100 I could fund a Susan Ross Foundation scholarship awarded to a student of average grades and limited extra curricular activities which wishes to pursue a career in architecture.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:48 AM   #16813
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
So I was at an awards thing for my senior daughter today and it occurred to me that for the low low price of $50-100 I could fund a Susan Ross Foundation scholarship awarded to a student of average grades and limited extra curricular activities which wishes to pursue a career in architecture.

Can you revoke the scholarship if the student decides to be a city planner instead?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:26 PM   #16814
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Can you revoke the scholarship if the student decides to be a city planner instead?

Hmmm. The winner could just receive a donation in their name made to the Human Fund.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:08 PM   #16815
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You know, there's that old trope of the villain tying the damsel to the railroad tracks to be killed. And I get why they did that--it was dramatic because you could show the hero racing the train. There was a very natural build up of tension for the audience.

And we all got used to that as just a thing that villains did in a certain style of Western.

My point being, if you take two seconds to actually think about it--that is a really freakin' psychopathic way to kill somebody.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:18 PM   #16816
Kodos
Resident Alien

Agreed. I prefer to use piano wire.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #16817
Edward64
Head Coach

Watching Colbert show right now. He did a skit with Paul Simon.

Not sure how old he is but Paul Simon is not looking that great.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:59 PM   #16818
Suicane75
Coordinator

Eh, I think he looks pretty good for 90.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #16819
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I love the randomness of this thread, so I tend to only post the extreme.

Most ppl hate telemarketers, I was a stud/boss telemarketer in the 90s, the radio voice the pitch, etc. a.k.a high sales, bonuses etc.
nowadays I get 5x the tele auto recorded call like everyone else.

Let me say this very clearly. Telemarketers hire every day, and after a week you know they are gonna cut cloth or not. I got many jobs for high school friends to make big money (10hr / in the 90s) but couldn't cut it.

So, years and years of telemarketing *live in my early job(s) taught me a few things.

I can read ppl pretty well, even just by voice over the phone
I can actually tell by voice alone how sure/attractive some women are.

Now to the randomness

Ive been listening to a band called the XX for a few years.

I was shocked/ SHOCKED that the female lead singer is NOT what I expected in the hotness category based on her voice.

That's fucking so random.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:58 PM   #16820
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

I can't believe M. knight shyamalan wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #16821
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
I love the randomness of this thread, so I tend to only post the extreme.

Most ppl hate telemarketers, I was a stud/boss telemarketer in the 90s, the radio voice the pitch, etc. a.k.a high sales, bonuses etc.
nowadays I get 5x the tele auto recorded call like everyone else.

Let me say this very clearly. Telemarketers hire every day, and after a week you know they are gonna cut cloth or not. I got many jobs for high school friends to make big money (10hr / in the 90s) but couldn't cut it.

So, years and years of telemarketing *live in my early job(s) taught me a few things.

I can read ppl pretty well, even just by voice over the phone
I can actually tell by voice alone how sure/attractive some women are.

Now to the randomness

Ive been listening to a band called the XX for a few years.

I was shocked/ SHOCKED that the female lead singer is NOT what I expected in the hotness category based on her voice.

That's fucking so random.

I thought that too before I saw her and discovered the same thing. Go figure.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #16822
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

Anyone else bummed that the first post not complaining about being old in like a page and a half is CW talking about his kid being old enough to play tee ball?

Where does the freaking time go.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:21 PM   #16823
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Has FOFC ever had a TV show draft? We haven't had a draft in a while and I miss them.

We could draft by genre and decade released or something.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #16824
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

My son is an anti-outlier. His birthday is literally the last week before the little league advancement date. He does fine, above average in the league, and if he were a week younger he'd be seen as a freak in the lower league. Weird how that works.

But the point of the response is that our league made a commitment in the off season to try to teach very consistently across teams, especially in the lower levels. This is in part driven by working with the local high school coach and his trying to build a talent pool for his program.

So, we've had to break down plenty of 7-10 year olds and basically start over with their throwing form and batting stances. It really doesn't matter where they are when they start, particularly if everyone is learning the same thing the same way.

They catch on and advance pretty rapidly--the three kids who came in knowing the least on our team this year have easily improved the most. That part is fun to watch.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:06 PM   #16825
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Has FOFC ever had a TV show draft? We haven't had a draft in a while and I miss them.

We could draft by genre and decade released or something.

I'm in like Dr. Quinn.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #16826
Easy Mac

So I was getting ready for work. All of a sudden I hear someone yelling bloody murder. Thought maybe there was a domestic squabble.

Come outside and my wife is screaming that someone was in my car and ran off. I ran out and was able to track him down with a neighbor and talked with him until the cops came. Turns out a car was stolen down the street along with $4k worth of tools/other stuff. I guess the guy we caught got left behind and was sleeping of his high or something. A few other garages on the alley were gone through.

Fun morning.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:23 PM   #16827
Easy Mac

Just to continue, appears that like 1/4 of the neighborhood was broken into in some way. I love the neighborhood facebook thread about it. I posted about it to let other people know to check their stuff, and the replies are variations of:

Lock your doors
Get cameras
Gates at all the entrances (even though the entrances are on main roads and through a church parking lot)
Seal the entrance at the church
Hire security
Build a guardhouse and allow security to patrol with guns
Old 05-30-2017, 12:37 PM   #16828
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Just to continue, appears that like 1/4 of the neighborhood was broken into in some way. I love the neighborhood facebook thread about it. I posted about it to let other people know to check their stuff, and the replies are variations of:

Lock your doors
Get cameras
Gates at all the entrances (even though the entrances are on main roads and through a church parking lot)
Hire security

Why stop there? An armed militia with air support would be so much better.

A couple of summers ago we had several cars in out neighborhood broken into. I had the pleasure of going out to my car to find my driver side window smashed and a failed attempt to jump start (guessing from the panel being pulled loose). They were successful in stealing a $20 USB adapter, about $4 in change, and an expired credit card. Quite the haul.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #16829
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post

Lock your doors
Get cameras
Hire security

At least nobody suggested hiring George Zimmerman.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #16830
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
You know, there's that old trope of the villain tying the damsel to the railroad tracks to be killed. And I get why they did that--it was dramatic because you could show the hero racing the train. There was a very natural build up of tension for the audience.

And we all got used to that as just a thing that villains did in a certain style of Western.

My point being, if you take two seconds to actually think about it--that is a really freakin' psychopathic way to kill somebody.

it also would have required a solid knowledge of train schedules. not to mention an excellent background in physics, because you'd need to be sure to put her in a place where the train wouldn't have time to stop.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #16831
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
it also would have required a solid knowledge of train schedules. not to mention an excellent background in physics, because you'd need to be sure to put her in a place where the train wouldn't have time to stop.

Trains take a long time to stop. Why would one need an excellent background in physics?

Also I can't imagine it's that hard to look at a train schedule.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:51 PM   #16832
cuervo72
Head Coach

Guy who reminds me of Bosley answers Charlie's Angels question on Jeopardy! Makes sense.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:01 PM   #16833
JediKooter
Coordinator

Went to Italy back in April and absolutely loved it. I highly recommend it if you have been contemplating going.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:17 AM   #16834
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kind of a groupthink thing I need help with. Check at work is a passive aggressive bitch. Real brown noser. A snitch

Anyways she had a horrible problem with plumbers butt crack.

So I guess I've been trying to come up for a term to indicate that more of her ass is out of her pants than is left in her pants. As in she's much closer to exposing her taint than to having her crack covered completely. I'm stumped. Any thoughts.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:35 PM   #16835
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've plugged the toilet 2 days in a row. ISIS took responsibility. Those bastards.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:41 PM   #16836
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I've plugged the toilet 2 days in a row. ISIS took responsibility. Those bastards.

It was actually Russian hackers.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #16837
digamma
Torchbearer

But still it was Hilary's fault. At least ISIS was honest about their intention to ruin your plumbing.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #16838
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
But still it was Hilary's fault. At least ISIS was honest about their intention to ruin your plumbing.

Thanks, Jon.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:57 PM   #16839
AlexB
Pro Starter

That coin trick leaked from AGT is mindblowing... NFI how that it is done, unless it is just editing, it literally looks unreal.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #16840
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Never work with a spouse.

Sooner or later ... just no.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #16841
General Mike
Pro Starter

Stupid Sprint jerking me around on unlocking my phone that I paid for. Not regretting my decision to switch anymore, just wish they wouldn't make it so hard on people.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #16842
molson
General Manager

This is an interesting Amazon product

https://www.amazon.com/Wallmonkeys-S...dp/B00TLXUOOY/
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #16843
cuervo72
Head Coach

A left-handed catcher??
Old 06-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #16844
MrBug708
Head Coach

Random law question that doesn't really affect me but an acquaintance. She was recently told she wasn't having her contract being renewed and the reason was the numbers (private school teacher) didn't allow for her being needed. But it turns out they are still keeping her position, just going to hire someone else. Now she wants to sue but I told her it didn't really matter why they don't renew her co tract. Am I off base?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 02:12 PM   #16845
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Depends on the state. But yeah, she's SOL most likely
Old 06-12-2017, 11:11 PM   #16846
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Was maybe dynasty worthy but I don't really have time or energy. Anyways I need to get in about 77 more Lyfts in the next 3 weeks in order to finish off a $350 bonus for me and pumpy. He's been a great help to me and thus far I've made really good money doing Uber/Lyft out of Pittsburgh Airport. Because of how far it is from the City, nearly every run out of there pays 25$+
Old 06-14-2017, 06:06 PM   #16847
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I almost used the phrase "do not fold, spindle, or mutilate" a little while ago.

I stopped when I realized how we're getting close to a time when nobody will have any idea what that means ("what's a 'spindle' ?") or where it came from.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #16848
cuervo72
Head Coach

Our gym teacher/wrestling coached used "do not bend, fold, or mutilate" when referring to our physical fitness test cards. Which I suppose made sense, as we didn't have any spindles.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #16849
Suicane75
Coordinator

I'm scared of eating new things. Which is odd, given how much I eat.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #16850
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup, am glad she was found guilty. Apparently, the odds were that she would be acquitted.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/mic...ase/index.html
Quote:
In a case that hinged largely on a teenage couple's intimate text messages, Michelle Carter was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter Friday in the 2014 death of her boyfriend, who poisoned himself by inhaling carbon monoxide in his pickup truck, a Massachusetts judge ruled.

Hope she is sentenced for a long time. She has something missing, better to get her out of the gene pool.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote