Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #19651
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Rudy apparantly butt-dialed a NBC reporter on Oct 15 who got the whole conversation on voice mail:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-cash-n1071901

I'm about 75% certain this was more "accident" than accident.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #19652
Thomkal
Head Coach

Judge rules Justice Dept must give Democrats unredacted Mueller Grand Jury Materials by Oct 30. I'm sure they will appeal

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...mocrats-000299

Last edited by Thomkal : 10-25-2019 at 04:32 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #19653
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

At this point... Rudy has to be a Democratic plant right?
Old 10-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #19654
JediKooter
Coordinator

He was a spy for Obama but he was too big to fit in a microwave.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:40 PM   #19655
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm about 75% certain this was more "accident" than accident.

Yeah, it's a way for him to seem like he legit believes these are concerns. Oh, and he name drops John Kerry in there as well. Seems intentional to me.
Old 10-25-2019, 06:56 PM   #19656
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
He was a spy for Obama but he was too big to fit in a microwave.

I larfed.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:06 PM   #19657
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I larfed.

That sounds kind of exotic.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #19658
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess it may be a delaying tactic but if there isn't some sort of legal precedent already, if I was in his position I would ask or try to ask the (1) judicial branch on whether he should follow (2) legislative or (3) executive.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/25/polit...uit/index.html
Quote:
A key witness in the impeachment inquiry has sought for a court to decide if he should testify, caught between a House subpoena and a demand from the White House to protect President Donald Trump's immunity from testifying to Congress.
:
:
"Plaintiff obviously cannot satisfy the competing demands of both the Legislative and Executive Branches, and he is aware of no controlling judicial authority definitively establishing which Branch's command should prevail," the challenge states.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-26-2019 at 06:46 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #19659
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #19660
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I guess it may be a delaying tactic but if there isn't some sort of legal precedent already, if I was in his position I would ask or try to ask the (1) judicial branch on whether he should follow (2) legislative or (3) executive.

There's no need for a ruling here. The constitution clearly gives congress investigative and subpoena power and at no point gives the executive branch the power to ignore it. It's less delaying and more about creating as much chaos and doubt around the impeachment process.
Old 10-26-2019, 03:44 PM   #19661
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

It is sad that people keep thinking the MAGA people care. That actually love this kind of thing. Show them Libtards!

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:15 AM   #19662
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice. Iraqis, Kurds and Turkey (from another report) helped with intel and the raid.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/26/polit...day/index.html
Quote:
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is believed to have been killed in a raid conducted by the US military in northwest Syria on Saturday, according to a senior US defense official and a source with knowledge. The final confirmation is pending while DNA and biometric testing is conducted, both sources tell CNN.

The defense official said it appears that Baghdadi detonated a suicide vest during the raid.

The raid was carried out by special operations commandos, a source familiar with the operation told CNN.

The CIA assisted in locating the ISIS leader, the defense official said. Iraqi forces also gave "important information" in the operation, Maj. Gen. Tahseen al-Khafaji, a spokesperson for the Iraqi Joint Operations told CNN.

The Kurdish-lead Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) tweeted that there was a "successful" joint operation with the US -- but did not specifically name what that operation was or give any further details.

"Successful & historical operation due to joint intelligence work with the United States of America," Mazloum Abdi, SDF General Commander tweeted Sunday.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #19663
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can't wait for Trump to get on TV and take every ounce of credit for this
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:49 AM   #19664
PilotMan
Head Coach

The only intelligence I trust is trump. Everyone else is in the Deep State and is out to get him and tri to coup the government away from him. He's the best general.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #19665
PilotMan
Head Coach

Dola

I cannot wait until he goes full Idi Amin.

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2019, 07:54 AM   #19666
QuikSand
lolzcat

Annie Karni on Twitter: ".@PressSec responds to Kelly:

“I worked with John Kelly, and he was totally unequipped to handle the genius of our great President.â€"

Very normal, very ordinary, not cultish or disctatoresque at all. Why do you ask?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #19667
SackAttack
Head Coach

I just wanna know why our very stable genius President, who said he was gonna hire the best people, has instead trotted out a lineup of apparent wet napkins instead. You'd think a very stable genius would have a better handle on identifying the best people.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #19668
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

So, now the pic from the situation room is supposedly staged because Trump was golfing when the raid took place. If this is true, I just can't. It is so stupid.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 12:15 PM   #19669
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
So, now the pic from the situation room is supposedly staged because Trump was golfing when the raid took place. If this is true, I just can't. It is so stupid.

Everything is a con.
Old 10-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #19670
Edward64
Head Coach

if Trump gave up a photo opp to play golf, that would be pretty stupid. i assume Souza was the originator of this possibility, if so he seems to be backing off right now.

Obama White House Photographer Suggests Trump Situation Room Photo of Unfolding al-Baghdadi Raid Was Staged
Quote:
Pete Souza, the former director of the White House Photography Office, called the timestamp of the Situation Room picture into question Sunday morning. Souza inferred that it's very unlikely President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and several top administration officials and generals were actively monitoring the raid on ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's compound when the photograph was taken Saturday in Washington.
:
In response to another now-deleted tweet, Souza continued acknowledging, that at the very least, it is possible the raid was still ongoing when Trump was photographed Saturday. "It's entirely possible that the raid was still going on at 5:05 p.m. Before drawing definite conclusions about the photo, reporters need to nail down the actual timeline of the raid."

Daily Kos Trending News Manager Jennifer Hayden remarked that a Trump golf outing tracker showed the president was golfing at 3:33 p.m. Washington time, as the raid was happening.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:31 PM   #19671
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump, Melania, and several Republican Congressmen get booed at the World Series-didn't turn to cheers until they flashed to servicemen at the game and thanked them for the service.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #19672
PilotMan
Head Coach

You know, I think trump has either a very low opinion of, or genuinely HATES, with a captial H, dogs. He talks so much shit about dogs. How they lie, how they are beaten, how they die. It's almost like he's some sort of serial dog torturer.

Like Steam?

Old 10-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #19673
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

That pic looks staged as hell. No one looks natural that picture. It's like they were all told to look like they're concentrating so half look like they're taking a shit.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-27-2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:36 PM   #19674
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
That pic looks staged as hell. No one looks natural that picture. It's like they were all told to look like they're concentrating so half look like they're taking a shit.

That and someone just threw a few wires unconnected to anything to make it look like people were working on laptops

Last edited by bronconick : 10-27-2019 at 11:38 PM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #19675
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

According to snopes, the idea that the photo was staged is "unproven" as I type this.

Was a Photo of Trump in the White House Situation Room Staged?

Basically the idea that the raid occurred at 3pm is fake news and Trump was done golfing by the time the raid actually occurred which was 5 or 6 pm eastern.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:52 AM   #19676
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Trump, Melania, and several Republican Congressmen get booed at the World Series-didn't turn to cheers until they flashed to servicemen at the game and thanked them for the service.

That was amazing. Really loud, audible boos as well, LOL.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:54 AM   #19677
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Everything is a con.

If trump was a James Bond villain henchman, his name would be Con-Job.

Old 10-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #19678
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
You know, I think trump has either a very low opinion of, or genuinely HATES, with a captial H, dogs. He talks so much shit about dogs. How they lie, how they are beaten, how they die. It's almost like he's some sort of serial dog torturer.

Take it for what its worth, one person's analysis in a right-right wing rag.

The strategic utility of mocking Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
Quote:
Although it might seem that Trump was resorting to standard fare rhetorical excesses, the president seems to have intended his words to carry a broader strategic effect here. Note, for example, Trump's repeated focus on dogs, an animal regarded by most Islamic teachings as unclean and unworthy of companionship. Describing Baghdadi's desperate, attempt to escape, Trump noted how "our dogs chased him down." Trump later observed that many ISIS fighters are "very frightened puppies" and concluded by saying that Baghdadi "died like a dog, he died like a coward."

This canine focus is extremely odd unless it is intentional, which I suspect it is. And that would be a good thing. ISIS presents itself as the holiest citadel of warriors, as a group serving God's pure and ordained will on Earth. But when the leader of ISIS's most hated adversary mocks its deceased caliph (emperor) as a fool who ran into a dead-end tunnel while being chased by lowly dogs, it erodes ISIS's credibility.

A concern I thought about is would Trump's insults escalate ISIL remnants to escalate their brutality. I guess its possible but decapitating hostages and distributing the video is already pretty high up there in brutality.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:38 AM   #19679
PilotMan
Head Coach

So he very intentionally called them dogs OR....

Everyone Donald Trump Has Called a Dog

and he still hates dogs.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2019, 11:40 AM   #19680
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
According to snopes, the idea that the photo was staged is "unproven" as I type this.

Was a Photo of Trump in the White House Situation Room Staged?

Basically the idea that the raid occurred at 3pm is fake news and Trump was done golfing by the time the raid actually occurred which was 5 or 6 pm eastern.

I do think Obama's situation room is a better pic though.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:45 AM   #19681
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

So he very intentionally called them dogs OR....

Everyone Donald Trump Has Called a Dog

and he still hates dogs.

Oh, didn't know he used it that widespread and he apparently doesn't have a pet dog. Maybe a nice therapy dog will do him some good!
Old 10-28-2019, 12:00 PM   #19682
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm trying to think the last time that Trump was in front of a crowd that wasn't one of his rallies, and I'm having a hard time trying to remember. This might have been the first time of his presidency he'd been outside of the bubble.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:23 PM   #19683
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

National Championship game last year I think. It was in HotLanta but he got booed a bit there too. The real patriotic southern 'Murican had to go full throat to try and drown them libtards out
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 12:35 PM   #19684
Thomkal
Head Coach

I see the "lock him up" chants at the ballgame last night is getting some commentary today. Not sure how I feel about it, but like Cartman said this might be one of the few times he's opened himself up to people who aren't too thrilled with him. I think he really went expecting to get cheered for his part in taking out the head of ISIS. He's never going to change, but the MAGA crowd/world still might, and we will have to work with them, live by them,etc going forward, so maybe we need to stop the lock him up chants and find something better to bring us together as much as possible going forward.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:39 PM   #19685
PilotMan
Head Coach

My biggest concern is that it's never going to end Thomkal. Never. It will now, always be like this. No matter who is leading. Having said that...

I think "send him back" would have also been a good one to hear, frankly.

Like Steam?

Old 10-28-2019, 01:02 PM   #19686
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
maybe we need to stop the lock him up chants

Nah. It's just desserts for the "Lock Her Up" chants.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:23 PM   #19687
Kodos
Resident Alien

We should probably strive to be classier than Trump and his followers.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #19688
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

That's a pretty low bar to be honest. So shouldn't be too hard.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:32 PM   #19689
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I see the "lock him up" chants at the ballgame last night is getting some commentary today. Not sure how I feel about it, but like Cartman said this might be one of the few times he's opened himself up to people who aren't too thrilled with him. I think he really went expecting to get cheered for his part in taking out the head of ISIS. He's never going to change, but the MAGA crowd/world still might, and we will have to work with them, live by them,etc going forward, so maybe we need to stop the lock him up chants and find something better to bring us together as much as possible going forward.

Pretty sure the "Lock Him Up" chants are mocking him. He made a big deal of them during the campaign and turned around to commit a bunch of crimes.

Regardless, criminals should go to prison.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 01:34 PM   #19690
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I'm sure the weirdo cultists who have been disowned by their family and watch Infowars every day will change their opinion if the discourse changes.

You aren't going to change opinions of people like that. They've been in a bubble for too long.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #19691
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm sure the weirdo cultists who have been disowned by their family and watch Infowars every day will change their opinion if the discourse changes.

You aren't going to change opinions of people like that. They've been in a bubble for too long.

What's the old saying? You can't reason someone out of something they never reasoned themselves into. Not sure if that's exactly right, but, Cult 45ers aren't that way because they are rational individuals, that's for sure.

Old 10-28-2019, 02:20 PM   #19692
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It appears civility is only recommended for the moderate left, while the right can get away with all sorts of nonsense. Even "Lock him up" as a mockery of "Lock her up" is being called too far. The most egregious is the hack Joe Scarborough who back in 2016 said Lock her up was fine, but Lock him up is "not who we are as Americans".

I just think a lot of people on the left are fed up with the double standards. And if that means we aren't as 'classy' according to some standards while also getting the base riled up, then who cares.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:35 PM   #19693
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It appears civility is only recommended for the moderate left, while the right can get away with all sorts of nonsense. Even "Lock him up" as a mockery of "Lock her up" is being called too far. The most egregious is the hack Joe Scarborough who back in 2016 said Lock her up was fine, but Lock him up is "not who we are as Americans".

I just think a lot of people on the left are fed up with the double standards. And if that means we aren't as 'classy' according to some standards while also getting the base riled up, then who cares.

Well when Trump does it he is “telling it like it is” but when it’s done to him it’s unfair that he is getting picked on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #19694
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Agree with you 1000%

Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 PM   #19695
Kodos
Resident Alien

I just think that acting like Trump and his followers probably isn't the best way to attract undecided voters. Sure it feels good to turn it on him. I'll admit that I enjoyed watching footage of it.

It's kinda like a receiver who makes a big third-down conversion and then gives it back by taunting the man he beat. It'd probably be better to just trot back to the huddle.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-28-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 02:52 PM   #19696
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The 'undecideds' (if there are really all that many of them around) apparently didn't mind it on the other foot. It's about getting the base engaged and ready to vote. I'd argue that a playful "Lock Him Up" may do that better than even policy proposals.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:55 PM   #19697
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Most of the "civility" crowd are people with power. They desperately don't want people speaking their minds and calling them out. They hate the idea of being questioned in public. In their mind, they should be able to say and do what they want and live in a little protected bubble where the peasants don't have a say.

For instance, Trump is in Chicago today trashing the city and the people in it. But if we dare boo him at a baseball game, we're the bad guys.

Fuck him and others who want to protect powerful people from criticism.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:58 PM   #19698
Thomkal
Head Coach

House will have a formal vote on impeachment procedures on Thursday to stop a GOP talking point:

Dear Colleague on Next Steps in House's Ongoing Impeachment Inquiry | Speaker Nancy Pelosi
Old 10-28-2019, 03:02 PM   #19699
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I just think that acting like Trump and his followers probably isn't the best way to attract undecided voters. Sure it feels good to turn it on him. I'll admit that I enjoyed watching footage of it.

It's kinda like a receiver who makes a big third-down conversion and then gives it back by taunting the man he beat. It'd probably be better to just trot back to the huddle.

I definitely see what you are saying. I'm more worried about more russian meddling in our elections and vote suppression by the GOP than offending an undecided voter.

Old 10-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #19700
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

IMO it's more important to protect our norms and call out the right's behavior than it is to chase hypothetical undecided voters. We have to let people know that what we're seeing isn't acceptable and waiting until November 2020 isn't enough.

People were upset at the left continually calling out racism and were using that as one of the reasons Trump won. Any undecideds that are offended by calling out racism weren't voting dem in large enough groups to matter.

I'm all for calling out bullshit when it's seen and reminding this administration at every opportunity that they're on the wrong side of history.