Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-31-2019, 01:05 PM   #19751
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty funny at approx 3:30 into video. I can only imagine what Hannity was thinking ...

Donald Trump Jr. tells Fox News that he wishes he was Hunter Biden so he could ‘make millions’ off his dad’s name - MarketWatch
Quote:
Fox News lightning rod Tucker Carlson once said that what bothers him the most is a lack of self-awareness. “I don’t know if I have ever met a group less self-aware than political reporters,” he told Business Insider in 2016.

Has he ever met Donald Trump Jr.?

The answer, of course, is yes. The president’s eldest son, in fact, is a frequent guest on the network, as he was on Wednesday, when he offered up this gem:

‘I wish my name was Hunter Biden. I could go abroad, make millions off of my father’s presidency. I would be a really rich guy. It would be incredible.’

But because his name is instead Trump, he continued, that’s not an option
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 01:08 PM   #19752
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Haha! These people are so morally and truth bankrupt, it's almost like they are running a trump business.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:55 AM   #19753
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

The favorite President of so-called Christians hires a heretic to head up his faith outreach.

Televangelist Paula White joins White House staff | TheHill
Old 11-01-2019, 11:46 AM   #19754
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
The favorite President of so-called Christians hires a heretic to head up his faith outreach.

Quote:
White delivered an opening prayer before his June campaign kickoff rally in Orlando, Fla., saying “demonic networks” have aligned themselves against Trump and vowing that the president “will overcome every strategy from hell and every strategy fro the enemy.”

Everyone remember when we used to laugh at the Iraqi Minister and his reports while the country was getting its ass kicked, and the reports on anything out of NK about the Dear Leader?

It feels like our own US publicity campaign is creeping every so steadily toward that. And by steadily, I mean racing at a steady bread-neck speed.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #19755
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Why do so many Dems want to torpedo their general election chances fighting over things that will never get through the Senate?
Old 11-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #19756
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Everyone remember when we used to laugh at the Iraqi Minister and his reports while the country was getting its ass kicked, and the reports on anything out of NK about the Dear Leader?

It feels like our own US publicity campaign is creeping every so steadily toward that. And by steadily, I mean racing at a steady bread-neck speed.

The rest of the world has noticed this for some time now, trust me, you’re already there
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #19757
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Why do so many Dems want to torpedo their general election chances fighting over things that will never get through the Senate?

Because then it looks like they are doing their jobs and the Republicans in the Senate are the ones they need to get rid of?
Old 11-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #19758
Atocep
Coordinator

More info on why what Trump is doing should be impeachable, even without the quid pro quo.

‘It’s like nothing we have come across before’: UK intelligence officials shaken by Trump administration’s requests for help with counter-impeachment inquiry | The Independent

Quote:
The attorney general is focusing on the theory, aired on far-right conspiracy sites, and raised by Trump and Giuliani, that Ukraine framed Vladimir Putin over the US election in a complex triple-cross operation by impersonating Russian hackers.

Trump and Barr have also been asking other foreign governments for help in investigating the FBI, CIA and Mueller investigators. The US president has called on the Australian prime minister Scott Morrison for assistance, while the attorney general has been on similar missions to the UK and Italy.

And the information being requested has left allies astonished. One British official with knowledge of Barr’s wish list presented to London commented that “it is like nothing we have come across before, they are basically asking, in quite robust terms, for help in doing a hatchet job on their own intelligence services”.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #19759
Edward64
Head Coach

Somewhat surprising there isn't more support from the independents even with all the latest happenings.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/01/polit...oll/index.html
Quote:
In Friday's poll, 49% of Americans indicated that Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 47% indicated that he should not be as the House's impeachment inquiry into Trump's dealings with Ukraine head into its next phase.

The poll finds a wide partisan gap on impeachment and removal. Eighty-two percent of Democrats support removing the President from office, while 13% are against it. Meanwhile, 18% of Republicans back removing Trump, while 82% oppose it. Independents, though, are split -- with 47% backing impeachment and 49% against it.

Regardless of their views on impeachment, 55% say Trump did something wrong in his dealings with Ukraine, and 60% say it was inappropriate for Trump to involve his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani in his dealings with Ukraine.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:21 AM   #19760
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yup we are f’ed I fear in the general election. Morrson’s Testimony today had him stating he thought there was nothing illegal done on the call. The Dems have handled this like they always do .... poorly. I can very much see a repeat o last election wher polls up to Election Day saying Warren wins by 7 or 8 points and in the end Tumrp wins by 1 point again.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:47 AM   #19761
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

We appear to be entering the, "yes he did it, and it was awesome," phase of quid pro quo defense.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:44 PM   #19762
lungs
Pro Rookie

Mexico breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't pay for a wall that can be sawed through by a $100 power tool.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #19763
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Mexico breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't pay for a wall that can be sawed through by a $100 power tool.

We know the wall wasn't actually about stopping people from crossing the border anyway.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:03 PM   #19764
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

I don't know if they ever had sex, but I'm positive Trump tried.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #19765
Thomkal
Head Coach

Buzzfeed and CNN (and others?) get their first batch of documents from winning a lawsuit with the federal govt over the Mueller interview notes:

Robert Mueller's Secret Memos, FBI 302 Interview Reports, Revealed After BuzzFeed News FOIA Lawsuit
Old 11-02-2019, 07:29 PM   #19766
PilotMan
Head Coach

So given that trump has raised a fuckton of money and did in '16, and given that we have arrests of money that was basically laundered into the election from foreign donations via US PAC's by Russians who were arrested, I have to say that there's a strong chance that the turnip campaign has been substantially funded via hidden foreign donations, either though PAC's or directly though a string of individuals donating with money gotten from other people. Too many pieces fit together for that not to be a reasonable theory. More so than some DNC server stolen by the Ukrainians.

Like Steam?

Old 11-02-2019, 07:34 PM   #19767
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Buzzfeed and CNN (and others?) get their first batch of documents from winning a lawsuit with the federal govt over the Mueller interview notes:

Robert Mueller's Secret Memos, FBI 302 Interview Reports, Revealed After BuzzFeed News FOIA Lawsuit

Looking at what has come out so far, it seems clear Mueller was a near total failure.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:59 AM   #19768
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So given that trump has raised a fuckton of money and did in '16, and given that we have arrests of money that was basically laundered into the election from foreign donations via US PAC's by Russians who were arrested, I have to say that there's a strong chance that the turnip campaign has been substantially funded via hidden foreign donations, either though PAC's or directly though a string of individuals donating with money gotten from other people. Too many pieces fit together for that not to be a reasonable theory. More so than some DNC server stolen by the Ukrainians.

Sure, but don't you see the point here? Trump and his henchmen try to legitimize these ridiculous conspiracy theories. So, even if something looks bad for Trump, he can claim it is all "Deep State" or actually foreign actors on behalf of the Democrats. Basically, anything he accuses others of doing, he is actually doing. The defense will always be "fake news" or "the other side does it, too." And his people will buy it every time. I really can't see a way out of this cycle.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #19769
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if they ever had sex, but I'm positive Trump tried.

Does she resemble Ivanka?
Old 11-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #19770
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Does she resemble Ivanka?

She's definitely his type.

Old 11-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #19771
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Sure, but don't you see the point here? Trump and his henchmen try to legitimize these ridiculous conspiracy theories. So, even if something looks bad for Trump, he can claim it is all "Deep State" or actually foreign actors on behalf of the Democrats. Basically, anything he accuses others of doing, he is actually doing. The defense will always be "fake news" or "the other side does it, too." And his people will buy it every time. I really can't see a way out of this cycle.

It's authoritarian rule 101.

It's exactly what Putin did when he solidified his power in Russia. Find a way to shut down the opposite narrative, take control, control the narrative.

Once you've achieved control of the narrative it's over. It's 1984, it's the red pill/blue pill. It's no more WH press briefings (which I believe I said was one of the things that was so dangerous about his use of Twitter as a major form of WH communication), etc. There's no real reason to answer for things, when you are not actually answering, just spouting off all the time. His helicopter chats are the same thing. He doesn't give interviews to press that won't give him positive press.

Like Steam?

Old 11-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #19772
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is it. And we don't know how much of the GOP is caught up in Russian support.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:50 AM   #19773
Edward64
Head Coach

Well according to Dr. Jack Ryan, the biggest threat isn't Russia, China, NK etc. As he lays it out in Episode 1, it is Venezuela.

Season 2 didn't turn out the way I thought it would but still enjoyable. Don't agree with his analysis though
Old 11-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #19774
Radii
Head Coach

Children were told to ‘build the wall’ at White House Halloween party

Add another thing to the list where this administration sounds more like North Korea than America
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 02:56 PM   #19775
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Children were told to ‘build the wall’ at White House Halloween party

Add another thing to the list where this administration sounds more like North Korea than America

If this was done in a school people would be fired
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:20 PM   #19776
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
If this was done in a school people would be fired

Well, yea. A school would have higher standards.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:04 AM   #19777
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

So … the Justin Amash drama continues. He's almost certain not to win reelection as an independent, and the word traitor is being thrown about casually in his direction. Generally because he hasn't been a 'good Republican' or somesuch, which apparently means checking his logic and integrity at the door.

One of those running against him is Tom Norton. He's put up an ad lumping Amash in with Tlaib, Schiff, etc. and claiming that the entire impeachment thing violates the due process protections of the Constitution, and that therefore Amash is violating his oath by voting for it. Except of course that nothing in those protections is remotely relevant to impeachment in any way, shape, or form. And Amash is also getting hit by the 'aroma of impropriety' attacks as it is now being claimed (falsely, from what I can see) that he is disloyal to America, wanted Trump impeached from the beginning, and that the proof of this is that he has some connection to businesses operating in China. And since we all hate China … case closed.

I'm so ashamed that I used to live in and still have a great connection to this district. In a way it's probably best for Amash not to be re-elected. His constituents don't deserve him.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #19778
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

It is one year out, but this is what I am afraid of: Upshot

Biden is the only one beating Trump in the battle ground states, but that is by 1 point in each (ie. most likely not). I see very little hope here. I think it is likely we will see an even larger popular vote loss, but an even bigger Electoral college win.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:18 AM   #19779
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is one year out, but this is what I am afraid of: Upshot

Biden is the only one beating Trump in the battle ground states, but that is by 1 point in each (ie. most likely not). I see very little hope here. I think it is likely we will see an even larger popular vote loss, but an even bigger Electoral college win.

Yeah frankly I will be shocked if Biden gets nominated and also even more shocked if the Dems win the White House.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #19780
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Last night Trump called for the GOP to release their own versions of deposition transcripts. I can't imagine anyone is that dumb, but then again there is the Freedumb Caucus.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:50 PM   #19781
Edward64
Head Coach

He doesn't get all the credit but he does get some credit.

He's playing it smart by making nice with China right now. Talk of recession has receded and continued strong market, strong economy (for many) and low unemployment is going to be real bad news for the Dems.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/04/dow-...-marriott.html
Quote:
Meanwhile, the S&P 500 climbed 0.4% to a fresh all-time high of 3,078.27. The Nasdaq advanced 0.6% to 8,433.20, also reaching record levels.

Monday’s rise brought the Dow’s year-to-date gain to nearly 18%. That would be the biggest one-year gain for the Dow since 2017, when it jumped 28.2%. The S&P 500 is up more than 22% for 2019 and is on pace for its biggest one-year gain since 2013, when it rallied nearly 30%. The Nasdaq is also up more than 27% this year.

President Donald Trump touted the records, saying in a tweet: “Stock Market hits RECORD HIGH. Spend your money well!”
Old 11-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #19782
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
He doesn't get all the credit but he does get some credit.

He's playing it smart by making nice with China right now. Talk of recession has receded and continued strong market, strong economy (for many) and low unemployment is going to be real bad news for the Dems.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/04/dow-...-marriott.html

None of that matters as long as democrat voters...vote.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-05-2019, 10:06 AM   #19783
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
None of that matters as long as democrat voters...vote.

I'm already seeing all the threats on reddit by Dems to sit 2020 out unless their candidate gets nominated. (this seems to be particularly popular among Sanders supporters).

Could be bots, could be trolls, but I think a lot of people do think that way.

Last edited by molson : 11-05-2019 at 10:06 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #19784
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm already seeing all the threats on reddit by Dems to sit 2020 out unless their candidate gets nominated. (this seems to be particularly popular among Sanders supporters).

I think a lot of it is probably bots, mixed in with a few who are purity testing candidates. Not trying to 'No True Scottsman' it, but, I would imagine that an actual Sanders supporter would understand that sitting out 2020 because Sanders didn't get the nomination, is basically voting for trump. But, there's always a percentage of any group that are going to be outliers. The good news is, democrat voters out number republican voters, it's unfortunate that it's like trying to herd cats to get democrat voters to vote though.

Old 11-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #19785
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

They threw temper tantrums in 2016 too. Sanders supporters tend to be young millennials that don't really understand the political systems and just want him to win and fuck everyone else along the way.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:52 AM   #19786
Kodos
Resident Alien

If they can't see that that was a losing strategy at this point, they deserve what we'll get. I will vote for whoever has a D next to their name on the ballot next fall.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #19787
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
They threw temper tantrums in 2016 too. Sanders supporters tend to be young millennials that don't really understand the political systems and just want him to win and fuck everyone else along the way.

Were they the ones calling themselves Bernie Bros? I honestly can't remember. But the ridiculous, 'all or nothing', attitude is one of the reasons we have one of the worst occupants of the white house ever and a senate that's complicit with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
If they can't see that that was a losing strategy at this point, they deserve what we'll get. I will vote for whoever has a D next to their name on the ballot next fall.

Same here. I'll hold my nose if it's Biden, but, will not withhold my vote.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:28 PM   #19788
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

This tragic story is basically a gift wrapped present for Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/ameri...der/index.html

Last edited by NobodyHere : 11-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #19789
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
This tragic story is basically a gift wrapped present for Trump:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/05/ameri...der/index.html

It's funny, because an American group who left the country to escape American laws, but maintained dual citizenship, because they wanted to stay seems to be right up trump's alley as targets. It would be consistent for him to say, "they left our great country, died tragically outside of it, but that's what you get when you run away and don't stay and help make america great again."

I am curious though. He would love to take a step from Erdogan's playbook and clear out a big ass buffer zone and basically annex the area in the name of American security. That too, would fit with his populist theories. I'm curious to see if he doesn't try and force something like that. It would be heinous to a neighbor, but his offer of the military to 'help' isn't a far stretch away if you expand it.

The drug gangs are so pervasive and run so much of northern Mexico now, it truly is sad. That is exactly what a country with a weak centralized government looks like. It needs to be strong enough to deal with things on a local level, even if it means working against the locally influenced drug lords. The incident with Chapo's son being a prime example of a structural failure on so many levels. Mexico is basically Iraq. You can pump so much cash and influence into it to try and get what you want, but you sometimes only get what you get.

I love Mexico. The people that I've met there are fantastic. The government can't do what it needs to protect them, because the drug trade is probably propping up a decent % of the GDP. That doesn't make it right though, and it comes with incredible costs, and basically cedes power from the government. I don't think that ever should be the case.

Like Steam?

Old 11-05-2019, 01:38 PM   #19790
Izulde
Head Coach

I mean, at this point, why not just annex Mexico? Then once things stabilize, give them an independence referendum.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #19791
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This latest Sonland thing - where he is reversing his prior testimony - is the least surprising development. He went early. He lied because he's a political crony, just a super wealthy dude who really wanted to be an ambassador, so he gave enough money to Trump and his dreams came true. Being a crony and a sycophant, he did his master's bidding and lied.

Then, you have all of these seasoned, professional diplomats and civil servants with impeccable credentials come forth and swear under oath that there was a quid pro quo.

Once this gets out, the GOP changes their strategy from "No quid pro quo" to "there ain't nothing wrong with a quid pro quo here, it happens all of the time! Just part of doing business." So, Sonland goes back and says, "oh yeah, NOW I remember the whole quid pro quo thing. Sure."

The current Republican party has zero morals. It's pretty shocking.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:54 PM   #19792
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This latest Sonland thing - where he is reversing his prior testimony - is the least surprising development. He went early. He lied because he's a political crony, just a super wealthy dude who really wanted to be an ambassador, so he gave enough money to Trump and his dreams came true. Being a crony and a sycophant, he did his master's bidding and lied.

Then, you have all of these seasoned, professional diplomats and civil servants with impeccable credentials come forth and swear under oath that there was a quid pro quo.

Once this gets out, the GOP changes their strategy from "No quid pro quo" to "there ain't nothing wrong with a quid pro quo here, it happens all of the time! Just part of doing business." So, Sonland goes back and says, "oh yeah, NOW I remember the whole quid pro quo thing. Sure."

The current Republican party has zero morals. It's pretty shocking.

Well it was either that or go to jail for his support of Trump. I've never been to Ukraine or elsewhere in Europe, but have to think it looks a lot better than jail.

Edit: That was pretty smart of the Dems to get his testimony amongst the first and behind closed doors.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-05-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #19793
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump
Pence
Barr
Pompeo
Perry
Mulvaney
Sondland
(who knows who else...)

It's a real problem that their won't be the will to get rid of all of the guys that were involved in these schemes.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:51 PM   #19794
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I may not like the man, but I know a value when I see one. This only cost me $25 and it glows in the dark:

Spoiler
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-05-2019 at 04:51 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 04:57 PM   #19795
JediKooter
Coordinator

Can't even be mad at that.

Old 11-05-2019, 06:33 PM   #19796
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fucking Kentucky.

After tonight there won't be a Democrat in any of the major state posts. Despite the governor creating a job that pays over 200k per year and giving it to a buddy. It's just pointless. Fuck em.

{edit:knee jerk emotional reaction. It's way closer than I expected.}

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-05-2019 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:36 PM   #19797
PilotMan
Head Coach

Looks like Beshear was able to flip a number of Eastern KY counties, and coincidentally, two in the Northern Cincy burbs, including mine. He's up by 20k with 92% in. The east was a huge trump stronghold, but Bevin's run against the unions and the teachers really cost him out there.

Every other major state race went R. This state.......

In 2015 Bevin got 511k votes and a total of 938k votes were cast.

In 2019 Bevin has gotten over 660k votes and a total of 1.3M votes have already been counted (95%). {edit: 1.4M now at 99%}

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-05-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #19798
Thomkal
Head Coach

Never cry until the last vote is counted PM. And yeah Kentucky!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #19799
Thomkal
Head Coach

So how likely do you think McConnell is in play now? I know the emails from the various DNC get out the votes groups were pushing big to beat Bevin in order to take out Mitch in 2020
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #19800
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Trump must be in a rage considering he campaigned there last night for Bevin.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote