Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #151
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
In before the lock.
You liberally-conservative locked-thread posting SLUT!!!
Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #152
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
See, I didn't name names, but I guess you can identify your own wife's shortcomings without her even being named. I guess it's a "if the shoe fits" scenario for you...

Please. You knew exactly who you were talking about, and so did everyone else.

Quote:
It has nothing to do with "ban the opinions you don't like that come from the people that haven't been here forever". That's laughable. It's largely maintaining this message board by users of FOF for users of FOF. And those who don't buy the product aren't afforded the same leeway. There are 1000s of message boards dedicated to politics. There's one dedicated to FOF. If someone is going to come on here and purposely stir the pot and they don't really have any purpose for doing it HERE vs. those 1000s of other message boards, they really don't belong. And they should be shown the door.

As I said, the ignore button doesn't work since Bitchtroll's (TM Blackadar 2005) posts are quoted repeatedly by other outraged users. Having someone like that around is the political equivalent like someone coming in and posting Tubgirl in every political thread. She leaves a trail of shit wherever she goes.

So just keep on crying about it. I don't see you bitching every time flere caps on the Bush administration. But I guess that's OK to you... he has more posts... he makes cute MS Paint diagrams... he doesn't have an opinion different from your own. So, no problem there.

You're full of it. This place hasn't been about FOF for a long time. Maybe if Jim published a new game more than once every two years or so, it might be, but the bottom line is that the on-topic stuff is exhausted. There's nothing left BUT off-topic posts. Get over it. This place isn't the holy grail of the internet. It's just a bloody message board.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:13 PM   #153
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I haven't read a word of this, but i think the time has seriously come.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Your troll = one of the 10 most interesting & worthwhile posters I think are left on the board in total, regardless of post count. Hell Radii, in, what, less than 100 posts(?) she's already managed to contribute more of any value than a lot of people with thousands of posts.

Good Lord.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #155
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I haven't read a word of this, but i think the time has seriously come.

Then you're missing out on one of the more spectacular train wrecks in recent FOFC history.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #156
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
This place isn't the holy grail of the internet.
Do we at least have a Grail-shaped beacon?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:16 PM   #157
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
...And I know if I were to start naming people who I think should be nixed, Arles would be at the top of the list of people who ruin political threads. Yet, he is one of the important game developers that this community is about, so it makes NO sense to ban him...

John, why Arlie? Although there are people that disagree with him, he hasn't resorted to trolling or name calling (at least with the threads that I read from him). Sure he has a strong opinion on a number of issues, but I don't see how he can be on the top of your list. He actually reads the posts and responds to them (well I will say most of them ).
Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #158
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
No, it's the rest of you who can't see how hypocritical you're being on the subject.

Dude, you are totally being a troll in this thread. You and people like fiere (who took the first cheap-shot) are the exact reason a new forum is necessary.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #159
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Your troll = one of the 10 most interesting & worthwhile posters I think are left on the board in total, regardless of post count. Hell Radii, in, what, less than 100 posts(?) she's already managed to contribute more of any value than a lot of people with thousands of posts.

Sharon says thanks.

She's glad there's at least one other person on here that realizes she was just trying to provide a different point of view.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #160
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Bear with me here Ant, at the end you'll (hopefully) see what this has to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
... some very rascist comments made by an alleged worker at the Astrodome.

Like a ton of stuff that appears on the internet, I'll give you the "alleged" part.
But if you find anything remotely out of the ordinary about the comments attributed to the alleged writer, you're out of touch with a sizable portion of the rest of the country. The word choice may be less prevalent, but the general sentiment it expressed runs quite parallel to the majority sentiment that I've heard expressed IRL since things deteroriated (i.e. I personally know more people who have reached the frustration point that post displayed than I know who are still in "oh those poor people" mode). And that's not a cross section limited to here in "Hooterville" either, so that isn't the sole determinant.

While the form of expression may have been pretty damned harsh, the sentiment behind it, IMO, is a very valid topic (perhaps ultimately THE dominant topic of the whole post-storm period if the discussion ever gets that honest) ... valid, that is, for a political/current events forum.

Which brings us right back to the point of this whole thread -- whether the politics belong in the general forum or not.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #161
Subby
lolzcat

There are plenty of folks here who hold views that are fairly different from my own (Cam, Samdari, olliegirl, SkyDog, RyanS and others too numerous to mention) but they are able to keep the level of discourse above-board on most every occasion when it comes to political discussions.

The ones who are incapable of doing that get boxed. It happens to new folks and folks who have been here forever.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #162
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
John, why Arlie? Although there are people that disagree with him, he hasn't resorted to trolling or name calling (at least with the threads that I read from him). Sure he has a strong opinion on a number of issues, but I don't see how he can be on the top of your list. He actually reads the posts and responds to them (well I will say most of them ).

I don't want to rehash my complaints with Arles here. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me (as Arles already knows my complaints against him) because this thread shouldn't be about that.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #163
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Good Lord.

You should know by now that Jon only considers people worthwhile if they say things he already agrees with. Is this not as known as I thought it was? I'm sure Jon would readily admit to it.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:19 PM   #164
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
Then you're missing out on one of the more spectacular train wrecks in recent FOFC history.

Don't we have one every other day?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #165
digamma
Torchbearer

I come down on the don't separate side--partially, I admit, because of laziness--I'm not sure how often I'd go to the "political discussion" forum. That's my problem--and would be my loss (if, indeed, it was a loss).

However, another reason is that I think the political threads (before their degeneration) often contain excellent insights and fantastic local or specialized knowledge. I'd hate to lose that because those types of contributors aren't heading over to the politics board.

I've also seen this happen before on another board. When a separate politics forum was created, it quickly became a partisan bitchfest among a predictable subset of forum members. I don't want to see that happen here (I'd argue, as above, that our political threads often contain worthwhile information from a variety of contributors).
Old 09-06-2005, 04:20 PM   #166
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
Don't we have one every other day?

I don't know...I hardly check every thread. Hell, because of what is happening here and the topic in general that we are (at least were) discussing, I check a very small minority of threads. So yeah, I would not be an authority on how many train wrecks we have here. I'm sure I miss most.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #167
Anthony
Banned

Quote:

So just keep on crying about it. I don't see you bitching every time flere caps on the Bush administration. But I guess that's OK to you... he has more posts... he makes cute MS Paint diagrams... he doesn't have an opinion different from your own. So, no problem there.

You're full of it. This place hasn't been about FOF for a long time. Maybe if Jim published a new game more than once every two years or so, it might be, but the bottom line is that the on-topic stuff is exhausted. There's nothing left BUT off-topic posts. Get over it. This place isn't the holy grail of the internet. It's just a bloody message board.

i agree.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #168
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
You should know by now that Jon only considers people worthwhile if they say things he already agrees with. Is this not as known as I thought it was? I'm sure Jon would readily admit to it.

Still, even I was surprised anyone would endorse her posts in such strong terms (and I am in 100% agreement that it is common knowledge about Jon).
Old 09-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #169
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Oh, I know. After all, my sig is inspired by him. I just have a hard time believing some of the things that get posted. Like when somebody holds an obvious troll as one of the biggest contributors in board history...

Last edited by Kodos : 09-06-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #170
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I like the idea of creating a separate religion/politics thread. I do think, however, that the same respect that is (theoretically) demanded in the regular forums be demanded there as well. I don't think "Political/Religous" should give you the right to be abusive or disrespectful. Partisan, fine; rude, no.

I don't think the board would suffer from the creation of a separate forum for such discussion. If anything, the board has become so active now that good, active threads drop to page 2 too quickly.

Although this is not intended as a swipe at anyone and I enjoy reading the political posts of several people here, I know that one of the reasons I don't spend as much time here is the particular political nature of the board now. I fully realize that I'm always free to ignore the threads, and I try to. However, their visibility (somewhat like trying to not look at car wrecks) and the fact that good, apolitical threads suddenly turn violently politcal make it hard for me to avoid them. When I get involved in reading them, it invariably leaves me feeling like I could have used my free time better. All things considered, I think I just click on less topics.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #171
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
When a separate politics forum was created, it quickly became a partisan bitchfest among a predictable subset of forum members. I don't want to see that happen here.

It's already happening here. Which was, I think, the point of Quik's original suggestion.

Take the constant 'partisan bitchfests among (the) predictable subset of form members' and let them sling away in their own forum so everybody else doesn't get hit with the mud.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #172
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Hell, I can't stand 95% of Jon's social politics, but I don't think that's the case with him - he sees things in a very black and white world, a view I don't neccessarily agree with, but can understand. He's also shown an ability to have a brain that functions, something that I can't say about capsicum - who is a troll, nothing more.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #173
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Then it's agreed. We separate the forums!

Old 09-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #174
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simms
It's already happening here. Which was, I think, the point of Quik's original suggestion.

Take the constant 'partisan bitchfests among (the) predictable subset of form members' and let them sling away in their own forum so everybody else doesn't get hit with the mud.

I think that's a fair point. My counter is that I do think there are times when those threads are valuable for their discussion and information. That's what I fear we'd lose. Though, to your point, it may already be gone.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:27 PM   #175
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

As I said, if the shoe fits...

It's only a message board. And you're threatening physical violence because of it.

This place IS about FOF. That's its primary purpose. Everything else is secondary. If your purpose here isn't - at least in some way - to support and buy FOF, then you don't really belong.

If you're not interested in FOF and choose to hang around, then that's fine. But if you're just going to Tubgirl (used as a noun) the rest of the members (i.e., cover everything in shit), then get the fuck out. And that goes for Bitchtroll or any other poster.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #176
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
She's glad there's at least one other person on here that realizes she was just trying to provide a different point of view.

Oh, I think the post that has the latest batch of panties wadded up is perhaps THE single most significant thing in the big picture I've seen in all the threads here.

It goes, albeit very bluntly, right to the heart of what will shape the future of New Orleans, the rebuilding process, everything that follows in the years to come hinges on the very things at the core of that post -- I believe the fate of New Orleans will ultimately be decided not on the basis of how it should be rebuilt but whether it deserves to be rebuilt at taxpayer expense.

But because race is involved (although I believe only as a tangent, not as a primary), it's the elephant in the butter that nobody can talk about ... which we've seen pretty clearly just from the amount of crying that the post generated.

It was a lot more truth than most people choose to deal with. maybe even more capable of dealing with. And while I understand & respect her intent in posting it, the reaction to it was so predictable that I probably would have strongly advised her against bothering. This place (nor the vast majority of similar sites online) can't handle that much honesty. She gave it waaaaaay too much credit for handling frank discussions of serious topics.

That really kinda goes back, I think, to why you & I are on opposite sides of the separate forum debate -- IF that's posted in a free-fire zone, then at least you know when you go in there that you may see things that you don't like or can't handle, basically it's buyer-beware. In theory, that should cut down on the whining. In open forum, with virtually no rules & irregular enforcement at best, it brings the sensitive out of the woodwork.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #177
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
As I said, if the shoe fits...

It's only a message board. And you're threatening physical violence because of it.

This place IS about FOF. That's its primary purpose. Everything else is secondary. If your purpose here isn't - at least in some way - to support and buy FOF, then you don't really belong.

If you're not interested in FOF and choose to hang around, then that's fine. But if you're just going to Tubgirl (used as a noun) the rest of the members (i.e., cover everything in shit), then get the fuck out. And that goes for Bitchtroll or any other poster.

I didn't start the personal namecalling in this thread.

If all you want is to talk FOF, then report to the Strategy or Dynasty forums. Because this forum hasn't had anything new to say about the games in a long time.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:31 PM   #178
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Oh, I think the post that has the latest batch of panties wadded up is perhaps THE single most significant thing in the big picture I've seen in all the threads here.

It goes, albeit very bluntly, right to the heart of what will shape the future of New Orleans, the rebuilding process, everything that follows in the years to come hinges on the very things at the core of that post -- I believe the fate of New Orleans will ultimately be decided not on the basis of how it should be rebuilt but whether it deserves to be rebuilt at taxpayer expense.

But because race is involved (although I believe only as a tangent, not as a primary), it's the elephant in the butter that nobody can talk about ... which we've seen pretty clearly just from the amount of crying that the post generated.

It was a lot more truth than most people choose to deal with. maybe even more capable of dealing with. And while I understand & respect her intent in posting it, the reaction to it was so predictable that I probably would have strongly advised her against bothering. This place (nor the vast majority of similar sites online) can't handle that much honesty. She gave it waaaaaay too much credit for handling frank discussions of serious topics.

That really kinda goes back, I think, to why you & I are on opposite sides of the separate forum debate -- IF that's posted in a free-fire zone, then at least you know when you go in there that you may see things that you don't like or can't handle, basically it's buyer-beware. In theory, that should cut down on the whining. In open forum, with virtually no rules & irregular enforcement at best, it brings the sensitive out of the woodwork.

Funny thing Jon. My guess is that you and I probably agree that NO doesn't deserve to be rebuilt at taxpayer expense and that the "race card" is a crock of shit.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #179
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I feel bad that you think the world is really mostly like her post. (Not at you, for you.)
Old 09-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And you're threatening physical violence because of it.

Or maybe it's just you Blackie, you're certainly in the upper .01% of online posters who I've encountered who are deserving of it to the nth degree.

Quote:
If your purpose here isn't - at least in some way - to support and buy FOF, then you don't really belong.

Tell ya what, we'll leave if you will ... because you're right at the top of the list of people here who contribute nothing.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #181
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Funny thing Jon. My guess is that you and I probably agree that NO doesn't deserve to be rebuilt at taxpayer expense and that the "race card" is a crock of shit.

That's what you get for trying to play nice.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 PM   #182
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

What's funny is that I didn't realize she'd posted that letter until she IM'ed me to tell me about it, and my reaction was, "Crap... there's no way anyone's going to see anything but racism in that." Even I had a hard time getting past that aspect of it - but you're right - it does point to a larger issue that no one wants to talk about. There is a real problem with racism down there, and it's not the whites being prejudiced against the blacks.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #183
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh?

Quote:
Only a Nazi would want a separate political forum.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:34 PM   #184
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

If all you want is to talk FOF, then report to the Strategy or Dynasty forums. Because this forum hasn't had anything new to say about the games in a long time.

Simply put, your Bitchtroll wife came in, slung shit all over the place and you expect us to put up with it because she's your wife. Blow me. She's a friggin' troll, pure and simple and should have been banned. She's not even as intelligent of a troll as Wignifty or a few others. If you didn't like it, you should have followed her out the fucking door and back to whatever rock she crawled out under.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #185
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
it's the elephant in the butter

That's a new one on me

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 09-06-2005, 04:36 PM   #186
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho

Even I read that post as tongue-in-cheek.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #187
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

Please. Like you can't recognize a sarcastic post when you see it.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #188
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Simply put, your Bitchtroll wife came in, slung shit all over the place and you expect us to put up with it because she's your wife. Blow me. She's a friggin' troll, pure and simple and should have been banned. She's not even as intelligent of a troll as Wignifty or a few others. If you didn't like it, you should have followed her out the fucking door and back to whatever rock she crawled out under.

But tell us how you really feel.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:37 PM   #189
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Simply put, your Bitchtroll wife came in...
No offense, but that is completely out of line.

As "the former mod of this board" you should know better.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 09-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #190
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Bear with me here Ant, at the end you'll (hopefully) see what this has to do with anything.

Like a ton of stuff that appears on the internet, I'll give you the "alleged" part.
But if you find anything remotely out of the ordinary about the comments attributed to the alleged writer, you're out of touch with a sizable portion of the rest of the country. The word choice may be less prevalent, but the general sentiment it expressed runs quite parallel to the majority sentiment that I've heard expressed IRL since things deteroriated (i.e. I personally know more people who have reached the frustration point that post displayed than I know who are still in "oh those poor people" mode). And that's not a cross section limited to here in "Hooterville" either, so that isn't the sole determinant.

While the form of expression may have been pretty damned harsh, the sentiment behind it, IMO, is a very valid topic (perhaps ultimately THE dominant topic of the whole post-storm period if the discussion ever gets that honest) ... valid, that is, for a political/current events forum.

Which brings us right back to the point of this whole thread -- whether the politics belong in the general forum or not.

Jon, the whole point I was making is that the post can rub people the wrong way. Why not post a newpaper article or even blog entry that discusses this with less venom and more data to back it? I say "alleged" only because if the poster were just sending a simple email, why did he/she have to explain how his personality is to people that already knew how he/she is like before telling the story. Of course there could be other reasons for this, but in my opinion, it is not likely.

Plus it is hard for me to believe that while we have news networks that cover both sides of politics, one side would have already jumped all over that. Especially considering that we did hear about rapes, looting and shootings on certain news networks.

There are a number of things that set a person off. Most of the time, those things are race, religion, politics and family. If you talk about any one of these regarding a person to insult and/or humilate them, it is bound to set a person off. As you can see Franklinnoble didn't take too kindly to some of the harsh words against his wife or politics. You tend to get crazy when someone says something against your politics or your pets. , etc...etc.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #191
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:

No, I expect you to put up with strong opinions regardless of whether or not they're in accordance with your own worldview, you hypocritical moron.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #192
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Or maybe it's just you Blackie, you're certainly in the upper .01% of online posters who I've encountered who are deserving of it to the nth degree.

Tell ya what, we'll leave if you will ... because you're right at the top of the list of people here who contribute nothing.

Coming from you Jon, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm always happy to piss off a member of the Georgia Jackboot party.

Shit, you, Bitchtroll and the rest will leave if I will? I'll take you up on that deal. Head on out bucko. I'll take the ban if that means that you and a couple of your facist friends are out of here too. Seriously. You made the offer. I'm accepting. Or are you so pathetic that you'll go back on your word?

Last edited by Blackadar : 09-06-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #193
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Please. Like you can't recognize a sarcastic post when you see it.

It's hard to tell with you these days.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #194
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware
Perhaps we should bring the FOF/TCY strategy section back to the general discussion? Strategy siphons off some FOF/TCY-related talk on the general discussion section, yet it isn't big enough to be a consistent forum on it's own. There is some overlap between the general FOFC and strategy discussion anyway, so perhaps returning strategy back to the general section will spark more sports text-sim related discussion.
I think this is a terrible idea. When I came here as an FOF newbie in December trying to learn about FOF, I had to wade through pages and pages of useless OT threads to find a single decent FOF strategy thread. Also, I sometimes log on just to learn about FOF, and I bet a lot of other people do that too. It's great to have one forum to check for that, instead of wading through the 2 or 3 pages of new threads that have started in the day or two since your last login, just to find maybe one FOF thread.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #195
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'll read the rest of this thread after it's locked.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #196
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'll read the rest of this thread after it's locked.

I wonder how many pages it will get to before it gets locked. Any bets?

I say 7.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #197
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
I think this is a terrible idea. When I came here as an FOF newbie in December trying to learn about FOF, I had to wade through pages and pages of useless OT threads to find a single decent FOF strategy thread. Also, I sometimes log on just to learn about FOF, and I bet a lot of other people do that too. It's great to have one forum to check for that, instead of wading through the 2 or 3 pages of new threads that have started in the day or two since your last login, just to find maybe one FOF thread.

Fair point. But some people are complaining about the lack of actual FOF discussion in the general discussion board, so I was thinking that it might spark more FOF/TCY related discussion on the main board if the two sections were put back together.

Personally, I don't check the strategy section, since there is rarely anything in there. I am likely to contribute to TCY threads, if they are posted on the main board. Also, FAQs relating to FOF/TCY basics are listed in the sticky on the main board...
Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #198
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Even Jesus busted open a can of whoop ass on occassion...

WTF?
Old 09-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #199
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Blacky.. you're out of line dude. You're a good guy, and all that, but the line was passed about four states ago, and I think you really need to shut down the monitor, take a couple deep breaths and chill out for a while, man.

It's a message board. It's a meeting house for folks with common interests, WHATEVER THEY MAY BE, to meet and discuss things that pertain to their common interests.

What it's not.. or at least what it shouldn't be.. is a place that makes you so angry or pissed that this kind of hatred comes out.

I think both sides of this case are wrong, and over the line, but then again, it's the Godwin's Law, FOFC Corollary.

"The longer a thread goes, the more certain it will devolve into a political slap fight that will send a majority of the readers out of the thread, and preventing further discussion of whatever issue that thread was about. Any further threads created to foster discussion that deal with the topic will resume the political slap fight"

With regards to the Politics Forum?

I don't think it'd work. We've seen how innocent threads devolve into polticial fights at the drop of a hat. Unless you had a guy constantly monitoring each thread, it would get really nasty/partisan/whatever before it got moved
Old 09-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #200
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
All things considered, I think I just click on less topics.

ditto. between the werewolf threads and political threads i find less and less content that i'm interested in. still a nice place, but i used to be interested in more of what was discussed here. this message board is like a clean innocent little girl who has grown up to be a crack whore with AIDS.
Closed Thread