Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #151
Izulde
Head Coach

Final Fantasy 6 (3 in SNES) is on the initial games list, along with Earthbound and Secret of Mana. Frankly disappointed there's no KOEI games in the first package.

I'm debating whether or not to pick this up, since I have an old SNES at my parents'.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:52 PM   #152
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Retropie for $60 or this. Better love Star Fox.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #153
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

Old 07-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #155
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Oculus Rift Bundle On Sale For $399

I'm very tempted to pull the trigger. Does anyone own one of these?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 07-10-2017 at 10:08 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #156
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I am having an absolute blast with the new Metroid game. However it absolutely punishes my circle pad.

And for what's it's worth I still have my cartridge of Metroid 2: Samus Returns.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #157
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Forgive me a bit of self-promotion here as I point out that Shadow of War has officially launched today...

https://youtu.be/QoPuTeFhsUw
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:16 PM   #158
Galaril
Pro Starter

I picked the new Shadow of War Lord if the rings game for PS4 and am enjoying it .
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:35 PM   #159
djsatu
High School Varsity

Was able to get Pillars of Eternity complete edition for 5 bucks on ps4. First time player and 20 hours later I'm really enjoying the game. Taking my time and loving the combat/story even though I just "finished" act 1. So much left to do and see!
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #160
mckerney
Coordinator

Anyone else playing horror games for Spooktober? So far I've played the original Silent Hill and then started Untold Stories which started out way scarier than I'd expected it to.

I think I'm gonna go with Hellblade next and then maybe Fatal Frame III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
Was able to get Pillars of Eternity complete edition for 5 bucks on ps4. First time player and 20 hours later I'm really enjoying the game. Taking my time and loving the combat/story even though I just "finished" act 1. So much left to do and see!

I highly recommend anyone playing Pillars to make sure they have the complete edition. If you don't play The White Marches expansions you're missing out on the best part of the game.

I'll also add that I've been getting even more excited for Pillars 2 with following the updates. I really like what they've added for multiclassing and subclasses.

Update #40 - Multiclassing Part II - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announcements and News - Obsidian Forum Community

Last edited by mckerney : 10-10-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #161
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:

How did you manage to get it for 5$?

It's showing up at 65$ on my PSN...
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #162
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff88 View Post
How did you manage to get it for 5$?

It's showing up at 65$ on my PSN...

I brought EB Games Doom, Dark souls 2 and 3, and they gave me double trade in value on all 3! More than I paid for them brand new.

Horror games for me around Halloween will be the first evil within.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #163
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I bought and poured around 50 hours or so all told into the latest Culdcept game, Culdcept Revolts, for the 3ds / It was,. by far, teh best version of the game. It seems like they really wanted to boil the game down to its roots and make it as simple as possible, by emphasizing the parts of teh game that are enjoyable. The individual battles are faster, the acquisition of cards much faster and more controllable, and more. It's a great game!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #164
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Anyone else playing horror games for Spooktober? So far I've played the original Silent Hill and then started Untold Stories which started out way scarier than I'd expected it to.

I think I'm gonna go with Hellblade next and then maybe Fatal Frame III.

I highly recommend anyone playing Pillars to make sure they have the complete edition. If you don't play The White Marches expansions you're missing out on the best part of the game.

I'll also add that I've been getting even more excited for Pillars 2 with following the updates. I really like what they've added for multiclassing and subclasses.

Update #40 - Multiclassing Part II - Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announcements and News - Obsidian Forum Community

Silent Hill 2 was great. One of the best game I've ever played.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:41 AM   #165
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I bought and poured around 50 hours or so all told into the latest Culdcept game, Culdcept Revolts, for the 3ds / It was,. by far, teh best version of the game. It seems like they really wanted to boil the game down to its roots and make it as simple as possible, by emphasizing the parts of teh game that are enjoyable. The individual battles are faster, the acquisition of cards much faster and more controllable, and more. It's a great game!

not very familiar with Culdcept-sounds like a card game?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #166
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
not very familiar with Culdcept-sounds like a card game?

Culdcept - Wikipedia

Been a number of games since that one.

Culdcept Revolt - Official Site

Most recent just released in the US a few weeks ago. I finished it on Sunday (the main storyline). You can play multiplayer as well.

ABOUT | Culdcept Revolt - Official Site

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...n_nintendo_3ds

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-01-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:06 PM   #167
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just on Nintendo? That would be why I haven't heard of it then
Old 11-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #168
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Anyone want a free copy of Grey Goo?

I got it from a humble bundle. But I already have it.

Decent throwback RTS but the best feature is the soundtrack from Frank Klepracki (sp?)
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #169
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Key claimed btw
Old 11-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #170
djsatu
High School Varsity

Anyone play Dragon's dogma: Dark arisen? Gameplay and combat are supposed to be top notch. Might pick it up today on PS4.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:20 AM   #171
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anyone play Dragon's dogma: Dark arisen? Gameplay and combat are supposed to be top notch. Might pick it up today on PS4.

One of the few games I completed and it's a sparse list. Excellent game!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #172
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

I can say exactly the same. In fact, I think I've completed Dragon's Dogma four times over.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:07 PM   #173
djsatu
High School Varsity

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I can say exactly the same. In fact, I think I've completed Dragon's Dogma four times over.

This is great news. Glad I get a chance to play this. Read more stuff on Reddit, and I like what one vet of the game said. Just go in blind, don't worry about stats etc, and just enjoy the game! You can always replay it again if you miss quests, items etc. Starting up as a Strider for his ability to fight ranged and up close. Here we go!
Old 11-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #174
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is great news. Glad I get a chance to play this. Read more stuff on Reddit, and I like what one vet of the game said. Just go in blind, don't worry about stats etc, and just enjoy the game! You can always replay it again if you miss quests, items etc. Starting up as a Strider for his ability to fight ranged and up close. Here we go!

On of the nice things about DD is definitely it's lack of rigidity regarding your character. It makes absolutely zero difference what class/powers you choose for yourself or your pawn to start with, because you can and will change whenever you damn please.

Thematically it comes off as kind of a Skyrim rip off, which can serve to both dash and exceed your expectations at times, as it's a much smaller world with much less awe of exploration (especially on multiple playthroughs) but much more enjoyable combat.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #175
Buccaneer
Head Coach

One of the Elder Scrolls: Legends streamers on Twitch is playing Hand of Fate 2. Looks interesting, a mix of card, tabletop and action rpg game.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #176
bob
College Starter

I have a friend that is likely going to be giving me his PS4 since he just bought a PS4 Pro. I have never had a PS, so what PS3 / PS4 games are considered must have? I plan on getting the Uncharted Collection, The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain, but is there anything else PS exclusive that is considered must have?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #177
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I have a friend that is likely going to be giving me his PS4 since he just bought a PS4 Pro. I have never had a PS, so what PS3 / PS4 games are considered must have? I plan on getting the Uncharted Collection, The Last of Us, and Heavy Rain, but is there anything else PS exclusive that is considered must have?

MLB: The Show, don't even think twice about it.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #178
Kodos
Resident Alien

What do you guys think about the Nintendo Switch? Does it have enough games to be worthwhile? The kids (boy 12, girl 8) want it, but I am skeptical. The Wii U was mostly a bust, except for Splatoon. My son played the Zelda game once for under an hour and then never tried it again. I'm a little gun-shy about another Nintendo console, especially for $300.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-22-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #179
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
What do you guys think about the Nintendo Switch? Does it have enough games to be worthwhile? The kids (boy 12, girl 8) want it, but I am skeptical. The Wii U was mostly a bust, except for Splatoon. My son played the Zelda game once for under an hour and then never tried it again. I'm a little gun-shy about another Nintendo console, especially for $300.

As a disclaimer, this coming from someone that is as far from a Nintendo fanboy as you can get. I've bashed both the Wii and the Wii U quite a bit and questioned the switch when Nintendo announced it.

I just bought one on Friday and it's been incredibly popular in our house. I bought a Wii when it first came out and it's popularity died of really quickly, but I could see that coming a mile away as most of fun was with the new motion controls. I had no interest in the Wii U so this is the first nintendo console we've had since the Wii.

My opinions:

*Zelda is an incredible game (and I haven't enjoyed a zelda game since Ocarina of Time). Mario Kart is getting a ton of play here. Golf Story is fun. Jackbox 3 and 4 have been really popular here as well. I plan on picking up Stardew Valley so that I have a portable version.

*The number one selling point here is it's a hybrid console. If it's going to sit in a room and never move I'd just stick with the Wii U until a price drop.

*There's potentially a lot of hidden cost. It comes with 1 joy con set, a grip that doesn't charge, and no games. So 2nd joy con set ($60) and a grip that can charge the controllers ($30). Screen protector ($15). If you download any AAA titles you'll need some storage expansion ($45ish) at some point. I don't recommend the Pro Controller ($80). I bought one because I'm a huge fan of XBox controllers and thought the Joy Cons would annoy me playing a game like Zelda and I was wrong.

Even if only one person is playing a Switch I'd recommend a 2nd set of Joy Cons and a charging grip. Moving the Joy Cons from grip, to the switch (in order to play as a portable device), and back to the grip to play on TV would get old very fast.

*Long term this is a much safer buy than the Wii U or Wii IMO. The switch was the best selling console last month and has been 4 of its 6 months since release. Developers were somewhat slow to jump in after been burned by nintendo in the past, but they're starting to get back on board after seeing the popularity and the fact that the popularity isn't largely because of some gimmick.

*Being able to seamlessly go between playing on my TV to playing it as a portable is incredible for me and everyone else here.

*It has a solid library of games although most (but not all) are playable somewhere else: Odyssey, Zelda, Golf Story, Mario Kart, NBA 2k, Skyrim, Mario vs Rabbids, Stardew Valley, Xenoblade 2, ect

Those are my thoughts. Already having a Wii U probably makes it difficult to justify it at this point. IMO it's the best console Nintendo has released since the Gamecube, but most of the games you can play on PC or other consoles. So it's fun, it's a nice console, it has a solid and quickly growing library, but I'd still only recommend it right now with certain caveats.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #180
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

It is amazing. Mine has been played by people ranging in ages from 4 to 74. Its portable! Its Mario, Zelda, Mario & Rabbids (do NOT overlook this one). It is getting 3rd party support.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:43 PM   #181
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Microsoft recently released an updated Zoo Tycoon about three weeks ago or so, and I've already put at least 50 hours into it. It has a simpler, faster more addictive quality to it than Planet Coaster or other currently available Park Tycoon stuff, and I think it's the best of those currently available. The XBOX ONE version is the best of the options, with the most animals, and it was designed for console, so playing it on PC feels less than amazing than the other version. So I've been playing that one more.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #182
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Nintendo Switch Review.

This is pretty damned spot on. I concur with just about all of it:
  • Hidden costs make point of entry steeper than the sticker price.
  • Portability and swapping from TV to handheld is amazing, and way cooler than I thought it would be.
  • Zelda and Mario are incredible, but there's pretty much nothing else that is Switch-unique that intrigues me yet.

I also bought a pro controller and have used it exactly one time.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 11-24-2017 at 05:54 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #183
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

The only thing I'd counter with regarding the Switch is that even if you don't think you'd use it handheld I think it is more then worth it. I actually almost never use it handheld and I love the thing. It has brought me back to gaming after many years of struggling to find something that held my interest.

BOTW was amazing, Super Mario Odyssey is great, Gold Story was fun, Splatoon 2 as well. I just think the point I am in my life, the Nintendo style games just jive much better with my style and time I can dedicate to gaming. Plus, it has been great with the kids with Just Dance and Mario Kart.

This device has just clicked with me where as PC and Xbox gaming just having over the last number of years.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:51 PM   #184
mckerney
Coordinator

Awww yes.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #185
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Getting ready to dig into Spellforce 3.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:17 PM   #186
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Getting ready to dig into Spellforce 3.

I really wanted to get into Spellforce 2 but I ran into some game breaking bugs that forced me to reset my campaign progress. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

Also has anyone played Battlestar Galatica Deadlock? Is it any good? I've been kind of itching for a space strategy game.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #187
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Also this game needs to come out yesterday

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is coming December 2018, will have 4-player co op | PC Gamer
Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #188
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I really wanted to get into Spellforce 2 but I ran into some game breaking bugs that forced me to reset my campaign progress. Maybe I'll give it another chance.

Also has anyone played Battlestar Galatica Deadlock? Is it any good? I've been kind of itching for a space strategy game.

Have you played Endless Space 2?
Old 12-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #189
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I wasn't a fan of the first one, so no.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #190
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wasn't a fan of the first one, so no.

Me either.. but 2 is much better/different. I've also been into GalCiv 3.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #191
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

GalCiv 3 is sitting on my backlog, who knows if I'll ever get to it.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #192
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Culdcept - Wikipedia

Been a number of games since that one.

Culdcept Revolt - Official Site

Most recent just released in the US a few weeks ago. I finished it on Sunday (the main storyline). You can play multiplayer as well.

ABOUT | Culdcept Revolt - Official Site

First Impressions: Showing our Hand in Culdcept Revolt on Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo Life

Holy shit. I was a gigantic Culdcept fan. I'm glad I peeked in here. I had no idea there was a new Culdcept game. I wish it came out on PC, but I will buy this ASAP and dust off the old 3DS. Thanks.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:23 AM   #193
Groundhog
Coordinator

So it's been out for awhile (and I had it from the kickstarter), but I finished a season of Mutant League Football finally. I actually think the death attrition mechanic makes for an interesting game of arcadey football, and although I found the difficulty a little too easy, I did have some tense games where I was desperate to keep my last QB alive. Also the bribe rife special play is a bit overpowered considering it is followed by a kill the ref penalty as well - basically ensures that a team will not only be denied a TD each half, but end up with a 1st/2nd/3rd and forever.

Would love to see a multi-season mode with free agency and a draft, but I'm not sure it would ever happen.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:25 AM   #194
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Me either.. but 2 is much better/different. I've also been into GalCiv 3.

So what is better about two?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:56 AM   #195
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
So it's been out for awhile (and I had it from the kickstarter), but I finished a season of Mutant League Football finally. ....

Would love to see a multi-season mode with free agency and a draft, but I'm not sure it would ever happen.

Career mode for this and Cyberball 2072 were the reasons I learned to program.

The golden age of football.....
Old 12-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #196
korme
Go Reds

Question: Is there a way to manually download a game update through the PS4?

I went to play GTAV Online and it told me to access network capabilities I need to download the update. The problem here is that I don't have any updates in my notification box and there is nowhere on the external game menu that suggests anywhere to download said update. This has never been trouble for me before, I just had a system update go through a couple days ago.

ETA: I didn't have enough space. For shame.

Last edited by korme : 12-15-2017 at 05:07 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:02 PM   #197
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So what is better about two?

Watch a LP on youtube.. it's more like a living universe, the original ES was so bland and ES 2 is the complete opposite.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #198
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Question: Is there a way to manually download a game update through the PS4?

I went to play GTAV Online and it told me to access network capabilities I need to download the update. The problem here is that I don't have any updates in my notification box and there is nowhere on the external game menu that suggests anywhere to download said update. This has never been trouble for me before, I just had a system update go through a couple days ago.

ETA: I didn't have enough space. For shame.

you likely already figured this out but if you hit the 'options' button while highlighting the game icon on the dashboard, 'update game' is one of the options that pops up. but yeah sometimes automatic updates get 'noped' for space reasons.

Final Fantasy XV is a particularly egregious offender on that. it routinely wants double or triple the amount of space free on the hard drive relative to what the patch download size is. It wants 15? if you don't have 30 or 45 free, it'll make you delete shit.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:40 PM   #199
Edward64
Head Coach

Has anyone played this? Zombie fan and this looks promising.

They Are Billions Mixes Starcraft and Left 4 Dead to Make a Survival RTS [Early Access Preview] - GameRevolution
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:13 AM   #200
mckerney
Coordinator

Catherine is coming to PS4!

Last edited by mckerney : 12-19-2017 at 01:13 AM.