Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #151
whomario
Pro Starter

of course the game created ones work well, thatīs one benefit of the classes being "scripted"/pre-determined. If i havenīt missed anything thereīs still 25 (?) fixed draft classes on the disc that get choosen by the game, the players arenīt "created" as such.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #152
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
of course the game created ones work well, thatīs one benefit of the classes being "scripted"/pre-determined. If i havenīt missed anything thereīs still 25 (?) fixed draft classes on the disc that get choosen by the game, the players arenīt "created" as such.

Yea and after last years version I prefer it this way. I enjoyed last years drafts to EAs notorious random ones. Word is the drafts this year have random player names assigned to the created players so replay is actually possible this year.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #153
whomario
Pro Starter

player resigning seems pretty stupid with no feedback or interest bar that updates as you change the offer, or am i just missing it ?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #154
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This is an excellent read about franchise mode and should answer some of the questions asked on here.

Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Impressions | pastapadre.com
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #155
whomario
Pro Starter

thanks, that is really helping me get into it

The commentary is really delayed, isnīt it ?

can i make "quick substitutions" when using the gameflow playcalling ?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #156
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
This is an excellent read about franchise mode and should answer some of the questions asked on here.

Madden NFL 12 Franchise Mode Impressions | pastapadre.com

I have to admit I like the look of this. I'm weakening and might break down and buy it for the long weekend.

Random gripe - when will EA ever get defensive awards correct? I'm willing to bet the LB who I've never heard of who won DPOY probably had the most fumble recoveries in the league and the game weights those abnormally high. I regularly see players of the week in NCAA 12 (was there last year as well) that get awards with 2 tackles and 2 fumble recoveries. Fix should be pretty simple, no?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #157
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I have to admit I like the look of this. I'm weakening and might break down and buy it for the long weekend.

Random gripe - when will EA ever get defensive awards correct? I'm willing to bet the LB who I've never heard of who won DPOY probably had the most fumble recoveries in the league and the game weights those abnormally high. I regularly see players of the week in NCAA 12 (was there last year as well) that get awards with 2 tackles and 2 fumble recoveries. Fix should be pretty simple, no?

While all that's great, if I can still run a TE on a post pattern every play for 25 yards each time I'm not sure it's worth it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #158
bhlloy
Coordinator

Honestly, I guess my answer to that would be "name a sports game ever that doesn't have a bug that a human can exploit". It's nothing new, I just choose to play the game somewhat realistically and try to get realistic stats.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #159
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quick question for those that have played the game. I'm doing the Madden tourney at WalMart tomorrow. If things stand as they are, there's only one guy around town that plays well (and he always plays the Steelers). So what would be a good team to counter the Steelers, and play to my strengths (I'm a dink and dunker and like a defense that is strong in pass defense)? Thanks. Would really like to win this game for free so I don't have to fight with myself on whether to spend $60 on it!!!!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #160
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Lost the home opener to Philly, 28-23.. Bradford's completion % was 70.8, but he threw 4 INT's. Vick ran every chance he got and most of the time he would slide.

Other than two long bombs - one was a jump ball with two of my defenders right in Macklin's face, we held Vick in check.

AP defaults, 12 min quarters - Jackson only had 54 yards and McCoy had 75.

Lots of FG's from both teams and overall, a decent and quite honestly.. a fun first season game.

One FG they attempted, I had a reverse angle on defense.. wish it was like that all of the time!

We head to New York to face the 1-0 Giants next.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 09-02-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #161
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Lost the home opener to Philly, 28-23.. Bradford's completion % was 70.8, but he threw 4 INT's. Vick ran every chance he got and most of the time he would slide.

Other than two long bombs - one was a jump ball with two of my defenders right in Macklin's face, we held Vick in check.

AP defaults, 12 min quarters - Jackson only had 54 yards and McCoy had 75.

Lots of FG's from both teams and overall, a decent and quite honestly.. a fun first season game.

One FG they attempted, I had a reverse angle on defense.. wish it was like that all of the time!

We head to New York to face the 1-0 Giants next.

I'm playing a franchise with the Redskins using the 90/50 sliders on very slow (9 min. quarters). Beware, Bradshaw and Jacobs are impossible to tackle. Lost to them 31-28 (those two racked up 200 yards on the ground between them) with Grossman throwing four TD's and two picks. Came back the next week and beat Arizona handily 44-14.

Really liking this game with the exception that every franchise home game I've played thus far has been in rain.

Last edited by BillJasper : 09-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #162
Izulde
Head Coach

So reading pastapadre's review made me wary of 2012, just based on things I like in a game. But it also made me nostalgic for Head Coach 09. Went to Gamestop and they had the PS3 version for a little over $4 with tax. Considering my copy at my parents' house I forgot to bring with is 360 and I like my PS3 a lot more than my 360, I'll consider this a win.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #163
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I'm playing a franchise with the Redskins using the 90/50 sliders on very slow (9 min. quarters). Beware, Bradshaw and Jacobs are impossible to tackle. Lost to them 31-28 (those two racked up 200 yards on the ground between them) with Grossman throwing four TD's and two picks. Came back the next week and beat Arizona handily 44-14.

Really liking this game with the exception that every franchise home game I've played thus far has been in rain.

Thanks.. including my play now games and the preseason games, each game has been different so far.

I've also had all rain games, except for home games - which thankfully, I'm in a dome.

I think there is an issue with weather that I hope they fix.

End of game logic was spot on too for the Eagles game.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:57 AM   #164
whomario
Pro Starter

The free agency bidding takes some getting used to ... Iīm sorry, but if you do sth like that then you should at least be able to browse through before it starts ... Or have a "slider" to determine the speed at which the whole thing goes down.

I actually like the rookie scouting, although it would be nice to get a general idea on players beforehand (nothing specific, but maybe what type of player a guy is i.e. blocking or receiving TE)

Could anybody tell me where to make formation-subs ? Or isnīt that in the game ? (both pre-game and in-game) Like say i wanted to bring in my Backup HB for the next snap.
I just donīt find it in game

I think i have to up the INT slider but give myself more time and/or upgrade my receivers and downgrade pass coverage, i am making really shitty throws still but defenders drop too many easy Interceptions.

Had a really fun game with the Patriots against the Chargers, winning 36-33 in OT after catching a huge break when Edelman made a awesome play in a jumpball-situation.

small things that bug me :

- the strategy pad is impossible to "read" with it being "black on black". Will take me a while to memorize the controlls

- On the trade block screen you canīt bring up information on the players offered

Last edited by whomario : 09-03-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:16 AM   #165
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Defenders have to drop INTs due to the unrealistic nature of WR and CB play. With the WRs not fighting for the ball and CBs being super aggressive(and at times clipping through receivers) I would be very careful about upping the INT slider.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #166
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So reading pastapadre's review made me wary of 2012, just based on things I like in a game. But it also made me nostalgic for Head Coach 09. Went to Gamestop and they had the PS3 version for a little over $4 with tax. Considering my copy at my parents' house I forgot to bring with is 360 and I like my PS3 a lot more than my 360, I'll consider this a win.

I did that last year. It's a lot more fun for me at a very reasonable price.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 AM   #167
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I love how most of the new additions that are being spoken of in the pastapadre review were in the last gen version of the game back in 07. Its still the best version of the game, IMO.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #168
whomario
Pro Starter

Question : Aparenntly you canīt change the injury-frequency slider within franchise mode, if i change it in the main menu does it still change for a new franchise ? Or even for an allready running one ? Or is that set at what EA considers "normal" amount forever ?
Old 09-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #169
whomario
Pro Starter

There is a massive Bug in Franchise btw thatīll make it unplayable sooner rather than later :

the CPU gets fooled by the absurdly high projected OVRL ratings of undrafted rokie FAs in the 75 man roster (which doesnīt make any sense to begin with, why would you ever project an undrafted rookie to be a 95 rated player ?) and doesnīt release them in the cut-rounds or afterwards, as a result youīll have tons of ridiculously low rated (30s and 40s) players on each roster ...

Hooray EA
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #170
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
There is a massive Bug in Franchise btw thatīll make it unplayable sooner rather than later :

the CPU gets fooled by the absurdly high projected OVRL ratings of undrafted rokie FAs in the 75 man roster (which doesnīt make any sense to begin with, why would you ever project an undrafted rookie to be a 95 rated player ?) and doesnīt release them in the cut-rounds or afterwards, as a result youīll have tons of ridiculously low rated (30s and 40s) players on each roster ...

Hooray EA

I wonder when this starts making itself apparent? Through the first pre-season every team pretty much kept all their quality players. Trust me... I was going through the FA list every week looking for a gem to add to the Redskins.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #171
whomario
Pro Starter

i know that by game 1 of the regular season of year 2 it is very much apparent
Old 09-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #172
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Fantastic. This should be patched prior to midseason. Don't panic guys
Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #173
Kodos
Resident Alien

I haven't opened my copy yet. I meant to cancel my preorder, but Hurricane Irene came and it fell off of my radar. Chances are good I would sell it if someone made a decent offer for it.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-03-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #174
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Eh, owners in MP FOF did this for years, no biggie.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #175
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Eh, owners in MP FOF did this for years, no biggie.

Just scrolled through the FA list. See that the Jets cut Muhammad Wilkerson (their 2011 first pick). I do see a number of teams with a large amount of 30's, 40's and 50's on their rosters.

But is it a bug or a combination of teams being unable to keep some of these players due to cap space?

Last edited by BillJasper : 09-03-2011 at 05:05 PM.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #176
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Holy smokes this game is hella fun!

Beat the Giants 21-17 as Eli Manning was injured, although Rosenfelds did pretty good.

Jackson had 178 yards rushing and 2 TD's and Bradshaw had 176 yards rushing for the G men.

DE Chris Long was injured part of the way into the 3rd quarter and the rookie Robert Quinn came in and had a sack and 3 tackles for losses... quite an impact player!

If you go into instant replay and back out before a FG, the play will be reversed and for me, that view is pretty cool.

The game plays pretty damn close to the real NFL as far as actual gameplay goes and I'm quite happy with my purchase thus far.

Without sucking blocking, it's a thing of beauty to watch my OL break off blocks as I run Jackson behind them up field.

The Ravens come to St. Louis next...
Old 09-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #177
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Finally played the demo. It felt like everybody was on roller skates. Kinda hated it. Is that the fast setting?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #178
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
Just scrolled through the FA list. See that the Jets cut Muhammad Wilkerson (their 2011 first pick). I do see a number of teams with a large amount of 30's, 40's and 50's on their rosters.

But is it a bug or a combination of teams being unable to keep some of these players due to cap space?

definitely a bug. They cut them because some players that were drafted high somehow shot up with very low "projected" ratings while many of the undrafted FAs show up with ridiculously high guessed-ratings

I just ran a 32 team franchise where i default everything to "auto" for all 32 teams but go in before the first preseason game and release all undrafted rookies signed on (via "player management, not the cut player screen), that way the cpu only has about 60-65 guys in preseason and when it has to cut guys it allready has a better idea of itīs own rookies and doesnīt cut them.

After doing that for both the initial season and the next offseason it looked pretty good. But itīs obviously a pain in the ass, you wonīt have trades and have to manually click "sim this pick" until your own 7th round pick in the draft ... Other than that you can just select all teams when you start the franchise and on the initial setup you set everything to "auto", then in the franchise menu select your team of choice and set everything for that team to "user" (donīt switch teams while in the options menu, thatīll screw things up)

Thereīs still players in FA thatīd be an upgrade in some/many teams, but looks a ton better allready (f.e. the highest rated player left was a 78 center)

Last edited by whomario : 09-03-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #179
rowech
Pro Starter

Talk about irony. Critics kinda pan this game finally as no big deal and FOFC seems to be really positive on it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:45 AM   #180
sabotai
General Manager

Just had my best game so far. As the Giants I beat ARI 34-10, but it was 17-10 going into the 4th quarter. Kicked a FG to make it 20-10, scored a TD while running down the clock late in the game, and on the next drive, intercepted Anderson and ran it for the TD.

Stats

Arizona
Derek Anderson 22-35, 277 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Hightower 15 rushes, 17 yards (still messing with the sliders to make the CPU better)

L. Fitzgerald 8 rec, 124 yards
Doucet 5-67
Breston 3-40

NY Giants
Eli Manning 21-31, 253 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

A. Bradshaw 13-54
B. Jacobs 13-126 (broke off a ~60 yard run)

H. Nicks 6-109
K. Boss 6-57

Sliders (Hum-CPU)
QB: 65-100
PB: 65-100
WR: 45-45

BT: 65-100
RB: 40-90 (tried CPU run blocking at 100 and was a bit too much. Going to try 95)
Fum: 65-75

Pass React: 60-90
INT: 35-35
Pass Rush: 65-100

Run React: 60-100
Block Shed: 60-100
Tackle: 70-100

Going to lower the User Run Defense sliders by 10 each and see how that works.

12 minute quarters, 100 Player Speed threshold, Very Slow game speed
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #181
whomario
Pro Starter

@ sabotai : 100 threshold ? WHatīs the idea behind that ?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #182
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Madden Tournament report:

Our tiny country Walmart didn't have many show up, about 11 guys in the tourney. Talked my 7 year old son into playing. I'm 36. Everyone else was 17-25 probably. Winner got Madden, runner up got $30 gift card. Drew a bye so started in the final 8.

Game 1: During the opening match I found out my son and I were the only 2 there that hadn't played this year's version at all. In fact, everyone else there already owned a copy. The first guy I played was a bit of a douche. I guess since I was there with my son he figured we didn't know anything. Early in our game, I had to ask what was hot routes. Everyone else chimed in the button. He went on a diatribe on the definition of hot routes.

Anyway, I took Green Bay because they seemed to fit my style best. He took the Falcons. He played a ton of deep zones expecting me to go deep, but I usually take 2-3 shots deep a game and stick to the short passing game. Built a 17-3 halftime lead and controlled the clock most of the way. He cut the game to 24-17 in the 2nd thanks to me going a little too conservative, but I managed to run the clock out. He was a good player but just a little overconfident. Pays to be old sometimes I guess.

Game 2: I ended up playing my son in the semifinals. Yes, proud moment, my 7 year old made it to the semifinals. Admittedly, he was in the weakest bracket, but still, to see someone leave after a 7 year old beats you...I ended up beating him, though it was a close game. I was the Lions. I think I won by 14. He was pretty happy.

Game 3: Ended up playing this tank of a guy that coaches youth football. Could read defenses presnap and the best Madden player I've played head to head. His first game ended 28-0 at halftime on a mercy plea. He won game 2 by 14 but it should have been more but you could see he kind of let the guy score. He always used the Ravens, so I went back to the Pack to see if I could spread his defense out.

We traded interceptions early. He had been killing with Ray Rice all day but I was holding him in check (he ended with 90 yards) but he hit a couple of good deep outs and was constantly changing things up and making me think. I was attacking his linebackers with seams and slants and doing an okay job moving the ball. He ended up scoring before the half on a field goal and took a 3 point lead.

He got the ball to start the second and scored to put me down 10. We traded TDs and in the 4th I started a drive to score a TD to cut the game to 31-28. With 3 minutes left, he started a time killing drive that eventually got to my 30. I was out of timeouts with 1:30 left. He had a 4th and 2, but decided to kick the field goal and let his defense win it.

I got to midfield with about 40 seconds left and then I got sacked. We both thought it was over. I went no huddle and sent Jordy Nelson on a streak from the slot hoping for single coverage since Driver and Finley were on that side. Got single coverage and step and let it fly. What happened defies logic. The Raven defender not only caught up to Nelson, but actually gets ahead of him. But he doesn't turn in time. The ball rolls off his back right before he begins to turn, bounces back to Nelson who catches it and runs into the end zone. We both stood up and yelled (different things of course) and the store just stops as gives us a WTF look. I end up winning 35-34.

So thank God I won the game because I would have had to buy it had I lost!
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #183
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
@ sabotai : 100 threshold ? WHatīs the idea behind that ?

*shrug* It's what the sliders I found on OS said to do (and I've tinkered with them) and it seems to work pretty well.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #184
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Madden Tournament report:

Our tiny country Walmart didn't have many show up, about 11 guys in the tourney. Talked my 7 year old son into playing. I'm 36. Everyone else was 17-25 probably. Winner got Madden, runner up got $30 gift card. Drew a bye so started in the final 8.

Game 1: During the opening match I found out my son and I were the only 2 there that hadn't played this year's version at all. In fact, everyone else there already owned a copy. The first guy I played was a bit of a douche. I guess since I was there with my son he figured we didn't know anything. Early in our game, I had to ask what was hot routes. Everyone else chimed in the button. He went on a diatribe on the definition of hot routes.

Anyway, I took Green Bay because they seemed to fit my style best. He took the Falcons. He played a ton of deep zones expecting me to go deep, but I usually take 2-3 shots deep a game and stick to the short passing game. Built a 17-3 halftime lead and controlled the clock most of the way. He cut the game to 24-17 in the 2nd thanks to me going a little too conservative, but I managed to run the clock out. He was a good player but just a little overconfident. Pays to be old sometimes I guess.

Game 2: I ended up playing my son in the semifinals. Yes, proud moment, my 7 year old made it to the semifinals. Admittedly, he was in the weakest bracket, but still, to see someone leave after a 7 year old beats you...I ended up beating him, though it was a close game. I was the Lions. I think I won by 14. He was pretty happy.

Game 3: Ended up playing this tank of a guy that coaches youth football. Could read defenses presnap and the best Madden player I've played head to head. His first game ended 28-0 at halftime on a mercy plea. He won game 2 by 14 but it should have been more but you could see he kind of let the guy score. He always used the Ravens, so I went back to the Pack to see if I could spread his defense out.

We traded interceptions early. He had been killing with Ray Rice all day but I was holding him in check (he ended with 90 yards) but he hit a couple of good deep outs and was constantly changing things up and making me think. I was attacking his linebackers with seams and slants and doing an okay job moving the ball. He ended up scoring before the half on a field goal and took a 3 point lead.

He got the ball to start the second and scored to put me down 10. We traded TDs and in the 4th I started a drive to score a TD to cut the game to 31-28. With 3 minutes left, he started a time killing drive that eventually got to my 30. I was out of timeouts with 1:30 left. He had a 4th and 2, but decided to kick the field goal and let his defense win it.

I got to midfield with about 40 seconds left and then I got sacked. We both thought it was over. I went no huddle and sent Jordy Nelson on a streak from the slot hoping for single coverage since Driver and Finley were on that side. Got single coverage and step and let it fly. What happened defies logic. The Raven defender not only caught up to Nelson, but actually gets ahead of him. But he doesn't turn in time. The ball rolls off his back right before he begins to turn, bounces back to Nelson who catches it and runs into the end zone. We both stood up and yelled (different things of course) and the store just stops as gives us a WTF look. I end up winning 35-34.

So thank God I won the game because I would have had to buy it had I lost!

Very cool story. Hell of a championship, too.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #185
korme
Go Reds

My imported rookies from NCAA are all born in 1956-1959. Sweet. Running a test franchise to see if they all retire after the 2nd season. SMH
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #186
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
My imported rookies from NCAA are all born in 1956-1959. Sweet. Running a test franchise to see if they all retire after the 2nd season. SMH

Priceless.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #187
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

What are the 90/50 sliders?
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #188
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Just had my best game so far. As the Giants I beat ARI 34-10, but it was 17-10 going into the 4th quarter. Kicked a FG to make it 20-10, scored a TD while running down the clock late in the game, and on the next drive, intercepted Anderson and ran it for the TD.

Stats

Arizona
Derek Anderson 22-35, 277 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Hightower 15 rushes, 17 yards (still messing with the sliders to make the CPU better)

L. Fitzgerald 8 rec, 124 yards
Doucet 5-67
Breston 3-40

NY Giants
Eli Manning 21-31, 253 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

A. Bradshaw 13-54
B. Jacobs 13-126 (broke off a ~60 yard run)

H. Nicks 6-109
K. Boss 6-57

Sliders (Hum-CPU)
QB: 65-100
PB: 65-100
WR: 45-45

BT: 65-100
RB: 40-90 (tried CPU run blocking at 100 and was a bit too much. Going to try 95)
Fum: 65-75

Pass React: 60-90
INT: 35-35
Pass Rush: 65-100

Run React: 60-100
Block Shed: 60-100
Tackle: 70-100

Going to lower the User Run Defense sliders by 10 each and see how that works.

12 minute quarters, 100 Player Speed threshold, Very Slow game speed

What are you using for skill level and penalties?
Old 09-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #189
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Acc clock, strafe, sprint, injuries, fatigue settings too please!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #190
sabotai
General Manager

I'm still trying to get a good set for penalties. Haven't really gotten it good enough. I have Holding and Roughing the Passer at 53 and get them a realistic amount of times. The rest, not so much. I think I'm going to have to live with that. Some of the others are set at 100 and I never see them.

Skill level doesn't really exist anymore (skill levels are just preset values for the sliders now) Acc clock is automatically on for franchise, and I turn auto-strafe and auto-sprint off. I think I have fatigue at 65 and injuries at 35.

Auto sub out at 84, in at 85 for all position except QB and OL. I leave them on default.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This game is mentally taxing..

Was tied 10-10 at the half against the Ravens, Ray Lewis was injured with a pinced nerve and out for the rest of the game.. Bradford had 3 INT's in the first half and Avery had a fumble, but our defense was putting tons of pressure on Flacco - Quinn had 2 sacks already (James Hall might find himself out of a job once Chris Long gets back).

Second half was a whole new game as the Ravens came out and started to establish a running game. A 47 yard scamper later by Ray Rice and the Ravens took a 17-10 lead. Rice was a beast in the second half and it was great to see the Ravens adjust and go to the running game - Rice finished with 139 yards, second game in a row where I allowed over 100 yards.

Flacco had a couple of great long passes, one to Lee Evans and one to Tandon Doss, both for scores - Bradford would add a 47 yard TD pass to Amendola and we would lose 38-24.

It's a great feeling to find that WR bolt past a CB and leading him perfectly for a score. Avery also had an 88 kickoff return to the 8 yard line, which resulted in a score.

Washington (2-1) comes in next to face us (1-2) and then a much needed bye week to heal my offensive line.

It's not a perfect game by no means, but it's a believeable game of pro football and I'm having more fun with Madden than I've had in years. A lot of nice game touches like the chain gang, refs running over to make a call on a catch, the kicker warming up, etc..
Old 09-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #192
Groundhog
Coordinator

OK, just picked this up. Thanks a lot you cruel sons o' bitches.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:50 AM   #193
whomario
Pro Starter

first off : Does anyone have any advice on how to best/quickest put together a game plan ?

Gameplay is very fun and challenging, Franchise virtually unplayable and iīm not sure the problem(s) can be fixed since they arenīt even getting acknowledged by EA at all or get spun around. Response to a Twitter question on what the hell is up with every team having 15-20 undrafted guys rated in the 30s and 40s and thatīs after 1 season...

Quote:

@hcut2k4 We tried to replicate the turnover that happens in the NFL every year.

Without the "new and exciting feature" of 75 man rosters the mode would instantly be great, you had to know that this would be the one feature that will screw up roster logig and of course it did. You donīt create a crappy Roster logic (was allways crappy in every EA game) and then give it more things to screw up ...

If it were 2,3 guys each year or a couple lower rated (say, 60ish) guys getting signed for salary cap reasons, fine. But it is clearly not that, itīs the CPU cutting 70 rated real guys because Undrafted Free Agents get assigned 90 ratings, only to be revealed as 40 rated after the final preseason game. (and on the other side of things youīll have 1st rounders displayed as 40 rated and turn out to be 80 rated and then sit and rot on the FA list)
All teams have lots of capspace btw after season 1, hooray ...
And since itīs not likely that EA will take out one of their biggest feature and it seems rather cut and dry, my hopes for fixing it are slim at best ...

If the 75 man rosters were optional we wouldnīt have a problem. When will sports game designers get the memo to make things optional ?

The only way to play Franchise right now is to controll all 32 teams (remember to set everything to "cpu" in the franchise setup, once started you can then switch to your desired human team and change itīs settings back to "user") and :

manually cut guys for every team or rather (less time consuming) to go in week 1 of the preseason and cut all UDFAs (just sort by total salary, the UDFAs are at 310k) and sign a couple valid FAs for every team and/or take over resigning.
Took me roughly 2 hours and thatīs not counting the draft where with 32 team controll you have to sim every single pick ...

Last edited by whomario : 09-05-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #194
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yeah - fuck that, and fuck you EA. Not worth my time.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #195
Groundhog
Coordinator

My initial impressions.

Started up a dynasty last night. After weighing the pros and cons of each team, I opted with the Panthers because they have the coolest uniforms. I also like their RBs and pretty solid & young offensive linemen. But mainly the uniforms.

I faced off against the Cardinals in my first pre-season game, 2nd highest difficulty setting (All-Pro?), 12 min quarters, only sliders I adjusted was the INT to 35 for both, and I bumped the CPU running related sliders up to 65.
Defensively, Derek Anderson had a laser arm and was something crazy like 15-20 at the end of the 1st Q, although mostly short to midrange passes, and I think he finished at around 5.5 yard per completion, so I was OK with that. The problem was just about everywhere else for the Cardinals, as against the starters we sacked Anderson 6 times in the 1st Q, and their RBs averaged less than 1.5 yards each.

Offensively there was a huge difference even between the average arms of Cam Newton and those of Jimmy Clausen. For the most part Newton put it where I expected it and had no picks, although I made a few bad throws that were deflected. Clausen on the other hand, we had a sure TD with a WR in space streaking across the field with two DBs trailing him, and Clausen threw it about 5 yards behind the WR straight to one of the DBs for a pick.

I simmed the rest of the pre-season, and played the superior Packers.

Defensively it was more of the same. The Packers received the kick and we sacked Rodgers on 3 straight possessions, which seemed a little extreme given the talent of both teams, although Beason had 2 of those sacks. I pumped up the pass blocking of the CPU to 95 but for the majority of the game it almost felt unfair when I rushed 2 LBs, as Rodgers just held onto it too long. He finished an unbelievable 4-17 with 1 pick for 27 yards! After we sacked him so many times to start the game, his accuracy and decision making went out the window and his WRs were dropping it whenever we hit them. I think they got about 60-ish yards on the ground, but again, were largely ineffective.

Offensively, well, despite all the above, we lost. Due to the dystopian, bleak dimension that EA decided to include in their title this year, it rains all the time. Apparently Cam Newton has never played in the rain before either, because he fumbled the ball no less than 4 times, losing 2 of them for defensive TDs, while DeAngelo Williams lost it just 3 times, 1 for a TD. Outside of that, Newton played pretty well, completing 18 of 28 passes for 2 TDs an 0 INTs, although I can’t get anything going on the ground with him. The running game was, fumbles aside, a little too easy too, although Clay Matthews was a monster when he got into my backfield, and had 3 sacks and a bunch of TFLs.

I’m thinking I need to try these 65-100 sliders, but I’m having fun with it even if the CPU has been hopelessly inept on offense.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #196
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
My initial impressions.

Started up a dynasty last night. After weighing the pros and cons of each team, I opted with the Panthers because they have the coolest uniforms. I also like their RBs and pretty solid & young offensive linemen. But mainly the uniforms.

I faced off against the Cardinals in my first pre-season game, 2nd highest difficulty setting (All-Pro?), 12 min quarters, only sliders I adjusted was the INT to 35 for both, and I bumped the CPU running related sliders up to 65.
Defensively, Derek Anderson had a laser arm and was something crazy like 15-20 at the end of the 1st Q, although mostly short to midrange passes, and I think he finished at around 5.5 yard per completion, so I was OK with that. The problem was just about everywhere else for the Cardinals, as against the starters we sacked Anderson 6 times in the 1st Q, and their RBs averaged less than 1.5 yards each.

Offensively there was a huge difference even between the average arms of Cam Newton and those of Jimmy Clausen. For the most part Newton put it where I expected it and had no picks, although I made a few bad throws that were deflected. Clausen on the other hand, we had a sure TD with a WR in space streaking across the field with two DBs trailing him, and Clausen threw it about 5 yards behind the WR straight to one of the DBs for a pick.

I simmed the rest of the pre-season, and played the superior Packers.

Defensively it was more of the same. The Packers received the kick and we sacked Rodgers on 3 straight possessions, which seemed a little extreme given the talent of both teams, although Beason had 2 of those sacks. I pumped up the pass blocking of the CPU to 95 but for the majority of the game it almost felt unfair when I rushed 2 LBs, as Rodgers just held onto it too long. He finished an unbelievable 4-17 with 1 pick for 27 yards! After we sacked him so many times to start the game, his accuracy and decision making went out the window and his WRs were dropping it whenever we hit them. I think they got about 60-ish yards on the ground, but again, were largely ineffective.

Offensively, well, despite all the above, we lost. Due to the dystopian, bleak dimension that EA decided to include in their title this year, it rains all the time. Apparently Cam Newton has never played in the rain before either, because he fumbled the ball no less than 4 times, losing 2 of them for defensive TDs, while DeAngelo Williams lost it just 3 times, 1 for a TD. Outside of that, Newton played pretty well, completing 18 of 28 passes for 2 TDs an 0 INTs, although I can’t get anything going on the ground with him. The running game was, fumbles aside, a little too easy too, although Clay Matthews was a monster when he got into my backfield, and had 3 sacks and a bunch of TFLs.

I’m thinking I need to try these 65-100 sliders, but I’m having fun with it even if the CPU has been hopelessly inept on offense.

A very good place to start and then tweak to your taste. As for me I would lower cpu receivers catching to 65. My thoughts are that with the cpu getting 100 pass protection and 100 accuracy the receivers should make the catch the same as I do. I don't take control of receivers I let the cpu make my catches. I guess if you take control of receivers than maybe the 100 cpu catch is justified. Add to it I was hardly seeing any cpu drops while my guys were on occasion dropping balls.

I'm also watching cpu completion pcts. closely. Only one regular season game so far so have no clue where this will go. If they are too high I will begin to lower cpu accuracy 5 points at a time and then tweak when I feel I am close.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #197
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just call me Mr. Interception..

I'm now 1-3 to start the season as the Redskins kicked my arse.. most of it due to throwing 4 INT's. The window is really small on passes, unless you get a blown coverage and even then a CB can pop out of nowhere to pick one off.

In NCAA, I let the CPU reorder my depth chart most of the time - kind of makes me feel on an even keel with the AI teams, but good players really stand out in Madden, so even though my starting RE comes back next game, I'm going with the rookie due to how dominant he's been playing thus far.

My SS has also been out and the long pass jump balls are killing us.

I think I'll see if I can get a future draft pick for Clayton and then I just might sign TO.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #198
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just call me Mr. Interception..

Me too. I think a lot of it is un-learning the old old ways. It used to be that when passing to a back they would magically turn around no matter where they were in their route. now it seems the cb,lb have the magic.

however, i think that there is an extra emphasis put on reading the defense, and if you do, a lot more "risky" passes are completed.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #199
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Just broke down and picked up the game. First game of my Cowboys franchise against the Jets. Both Romo and Felix go down with broken collarbones.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #200
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Me too. I think a lot of it is un-learning the old old ways. It used to be that when passing to a back they would magically turn around no matter where they were in their route. now it seems the cb,lb have the magic.

however, i think that there is an extra emphasis put on reading the defense, and if you do, a lot more "risky" passes are completed.

True.. very true..