Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2010, 03:55 PM   #151
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I hear that Amazon will introduce Maximum Overdrive soon.

?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:57 PM   #152
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That's butt-suckingly horrible.

Yes, but again...Project Gutenberg.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #153
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yes, but again...Project Gutenberg.

Good recommendation. The Kindle also supports these and that is good enough for me to take the plunge on the $139 wifi version of kindle 3
Old 07-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #154
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
?

Just joking.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #155
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
You serious? What has this thing come out with that the Nook doesn't already have other than a longer battery life which Kindle arleady had?

I don't understand how anyone who is deciding between the two, can put them side by side, use them for a while, and not choose the Nook.

Well, put me in the group that has tried them both side by side and prefers the Kindle. (and it really wasn't that close to be honest)

The color touch screen is sweet. I'll give the Nook that. The games are nice too.

But I really don't care. I want my e-reader to be a book. The Kindle is lighter, thinner and the pages turn faster. (I'm a speed reader and I can notice even a split second difference) I travel a ton and the battery life is important to me.

Now, I can see why someone would prefer the Nook. I just don't think this is a situation where one is clearly superior to the other. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #156
path12
Coordinator

I was going back and forth on Kindle/Nook until it struck me that I like Amazon and they're based here. I'm getting the new Kindle.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:47 PM   #157
cyril
Mascot

i am trying out the nook now. Don't really like the folder structure that lumps every non-BN file (ebooks checked out from library, books from other sources, my own PDF/docs, etc.) into one single "my doc" folder without the ability to create subfolders. I also found the GUI and navigation fairly bad. And the nook is heavy too. On paper, everything about K3 is more attractive to me except the deal-killer: lack of support for epub. It's important for me to borrow ebooks from public libraries and the non-support for me will probably make me keep the nook, or return it and wait for something better.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:32 AM   #158
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril View Post
i am trying out the nook now. Don't really like the folder structure that lumps every non-BN file (ebooks checked out from library, books from other sources, my own PDF/docs, etc.) into one single "my doc" folder without the ability to create subfolders. I also found the GUI and navigation fairly bad. And the nook is heavy too. On paper, everything about K3 is more attractive to me except the deal-killer: lack of support for epub. It's important for me to borrow ebooks from public libraries and the non-support for me will probably make me keep the nook, or return it and wait for something better.

Not saying i don't agree but this article has some valid points for just the epub argument in general though obviously it does matter to you.

Quote:
While Kindle could always add ePub support, it’s worth considering the possibility that it doesn’t need to.

In particular you have to wonder -

Could a closed Amazon Kindle take on a collection of eReaders that all support ePub?

Why this question: Well, every other week there’s an article talking about how the Kindle is going to die if it doesn’t open up.

Let’s look at this in three parts -

The Past: Has Lack of ePub Support hurt the Kindle?

While Amazon’s reluctance to reveal numbers means people can always claim that Kindles aren’t selling, the signs obviously point to Kindle being the clear #1 eReader.

There are two ways to interpret this -

1. ePub is not that important to users.
2. ePub held back the Kindle and Kindles would have sold a lot more.

Whichever view you take, its obvious that ePub support isn’t critical to success.

Kindle without ePub beat out Sony with ePub. So ePub couldn’t be the game-changer everyone is claiming it is.

The Present: Is lack of ePub Support hurting the Kindle?

This gets more interesting when we consider what’s happening right now.

At the eReader manufacturers’ product pages do we see ePub?

1. Barnes & Noble doesn’t bill ePub support as a feature or drum it up – Instead Sharing, the WiFi, endless shelf space, and 6 other features are promoted.
2. The Sony Reader ‘Features’ Page lists ePub as Feature #11. Even Sony, one of the supposed ePub champions is listing a Built-In Dictionary before they list ePub.
3. The Plastic Logic Que eReader page has a list of ‘Game Changing Technology’ and misses ePub.

Obviously eReader manufacturers missed the memo on how ePub support would make people choose their eReader.

That or perhaps they think their customers don’t really care.

Lets look at what features our favorite ‘kindle killer’ articles highlight (these are the top articles that show up on Google for ‘kindle killer’) -

1. Fool.com on Plastic Logic - No mention of ePub.
2. MIT Technology Review - iRex as Kindle Killer. ePub is mentioned as the 7th feature.
3. CNet – Is Nook a Kindle Killer? The article doesn’t mention ePub at all.
4. Harvard Business Publishing - The article doesn’t mention ePub at all.
5. Daily Finance - Mentions ePub as the 5th important feature of Sony’s Daily Edition.

Again, the writers don’t seem to have discovered the huge, pivotal role ePub will play. Most of these articles don’t even consider formats.

The Future: Will eReaders with ePub support be able to beat the Kindle?

There’s this strong sense of how ‘openness’ will beat the closed Kindle system.

However, at this point everyone (including me) is just making predictions based on assumptions -

1. People are assuming that readers care about formats in general, and ePub in particular. That’s a strange assumption to make considering that even Sony and B&N aren’t pushing ePub benefits to users.
2. People are assuming that the 27 different companies selling ebooks will all magically choose ePub and the exact same DRM format.
3. People are assuming that other eReaders will match the Kindle’s Top 10 Features and bring the choice down to ePub.

What’s perplexing is why People are not recognizing that it’s not Wikipedia or Internet Archive or an actual ‘not in it for the money’ company that is pushing openness.

Why are multi-billion dollar companies promoting openness?

Is ePub and Openness just a competitive attack?

Is this a customer concern that’s just been conjured up – one that’s being used to convince customers that another eReader would be better.

If every eReader except for the leader has a feature there’s an equal chance -

1. It’s a valid, good feature.
2. It’s just a competitive strategy.
3. It’s a mix of both.

People don’t care about Openness and yet this concept is being pushed on them.

It has to be competitive strategy.

Are people falling for the Epub and Openness argument?

Well, sales so far would say that they aren’t.

However, you have to wonder about the effect the consistent barrage from the press is having.

The Press seem to spend equal time tearing down the Kindle -

1. The Press has attacked Amazon on DRM.
2. It’s attacked Amazon for the 1984 incident.
3. They even took a made up issue (supposed download limits) and wrote 50 different articles on it.

And talking up the opposition -

1. Take the Nook - the Press loves it because it has sharing. No one mentions that the magical LendMe feature is Publisher enabled and restricted to lending out your ebook just one time.
2. Similarly, no one’s asking Barnes & Noble to specify exactly how many of its 1 million+ books are free Google Books. They’re just saying B&N have more ebooks.
3. Every eReader that is released is a Kindle Killer.

Which basically means – The Press are systematically building up the issue of openness from a non Top 10 issue into a Top Issue.

Perhaps we’re asking the wrong question.

The question isn’t whether Kindle can fight off Openness and ePub

The real question is -

1. When eBooks have taken off without ePub.
2. When Kindle sales have taken off without ePub.
3. When even eReader companies don’t advertise ePub.
4. When even Kindle Killer articles don’t mention ePub.

Why are people drumming up ePub as some big huge messiah for ebooks?

ePub obviously had no part in where we are with eBooks – then on what basis can we assume that ePub is critical to the spread of books?

Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)

* Pros and Cons of Kindle supporting ePub
* Perhaps WSJ should cite Facebook instead of BetaMax
* 10 things about the Kindle that puzzle me
* Google goes epub
Old 08-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #159
cyril
Mascot

galaril, very well composed argument on the importance of epub support. As you have said in your opening statement, epub support is something I highly value and it is up to the individuals to determine how important it is to them, regardless of what critics say. To me, the value of saving hundreds of dollars on buying books outweighs pretty much every single advantage that kindle has.

I really think any prospective buyer should consider that seriously, the initial price difference of e-readers, compared to the cost of content, is negligible IMO. Do you plan to spend as little as possible on books? If so, does your library have enough content you like in electronic format? If you can't really gain access to epub books you like, then the whole for-epub argument does not hold. content, after all is what we are all after.
cyril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #160
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
galaril, very well composed argument on the importance of epub support. As you have said in your opening statement, epub support is something I highly value and it is up to the individuals to determine how important it is to them, regardless of what critics say. To me, the value of saving hundreds of dollars on buying books outweighs pretty much every single advantage that kindle has.

I really think any prospective buyer should consider that seriously, the initial price difference of e-readers, compared to the cost of content, is negligible IMO. Do you plan to spend as little as possible on books? If so, does your library have enough content you like in electronic format? If you can't really gain access to epub books you like, then the whole for-epub argument does not hold. content, after all is what we are all after.

Like I mentioned a few posts earlier from everything I have seen most libraries don't carry much as far as kindle format books and I maybe wrong but that may also hold true for epub. I agree if most libraries carry many of there hardcopy books in epub I would go for that reader to since I also do not want to spend a fortune on books. But, until I get some idea of how many books does an average library carry in the epub format which I am not too familar with I will remain a skeptic.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #161
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
However, most libraries have very few books and you have to wait for them just as you would for physical library books.

This is the most bizarre part about the whole digital library book thing to me -- you have to wait for an e-book until someone else is done reading it? That makes no sense at all.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #162
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I guess they don't want you to have to much incentive to not buy. Can't think of any other reason.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #163
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
This is the most bizarre part about the whole digital library book thing to me -- you have to wait for an e-book until someone else is done reading it? That makes no sense at all.

Sure it does. Why would the publisher allow a library to buy one ebook and then lend it out to as many people as possible? One purchase = one lending from the publisher's point of view. It would have to.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #164
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm sure that it's a DRM thing. Otherwise, the New York Public Library could buy one copy of a book and then no one in the entire city would have to buy an e-version of it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #165
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

Hundreds of dollars on books? Just read some of the classics for free.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:16 AM   #166
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I think you have to view it as "licenses". Only one license can be used at a time.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #167
TroyF
Coordinator

I received my new Kindle today. I'm just as positive as this guy. I love it. Easy to hold, light and great contrast. I purchased the cover with the book light and it works like a dream. I'm going to gift my original Kindle to a friend.

Everything I hoped for and more.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 PM   #168
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'll be ordering one this week. Anybody recommend any cheaper covers?

Oddly enough I was really considering getting one of the Oberon covers when it just kind of dawned on me.. why the fuck should I pay half the price of the damn device for a cover.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:09 AM   #169
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, so ive skimmed this... thinking nook vs kindel (like everyone else) the kindel has the economist, and I can get an account to share with my mom... so that saves money, and i hate paper. but there are no library books available on the kindel. which sucks donkey cock. Im so confused....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #170
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ok, so ive skimmed this... thinking nook vs kindel (like everyone else) the kindel has the economist, and I can get an account to share with my mom... so that saves money, and i hate paper. but there are no library books available on the kindel. which sucks donkey cock. Im so confused....

If library books are important to you, the Kindle isn't the device. It's just not that important to me. As mentioned here, the copies of library books are going to be limited like licenses. As these things get more and more popular, that's going to mean long waits for first run books. If I want a book that bad and can't afford it, I'll go to Borders and read the thing over a month or two.

That said, there are enough classics for free to read that I can go through one or two of those if my book budget is blown. I know for some people it's a huge thing. And for those people, you need to look at the other e readers on the market.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:01 PM   #171
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
If library books are important to you, the Kindle isn't the device. It's just not that important to me. As mentioned here, the copies of library books are going to be limited like licenses. As these things get more and more popular, that's going to mean long waits for first run books. If I want a book that bad and can't afford it, I'll go to Borders and read the thing over a month or two.

That said, there are enough classics for free to read that I can go through one or two of those if my book budget is blown. I know for some people it's a huge thing. And for those people, you need to look at the other e readers on the market.

If you had a Nook you could go to B&N and read it on the nook while you're there for free.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #172
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
If you had a Nook you could go to B&N and read it on the nook while you're there for free.

That's pretty cool. They let you read the whole book as long as you're in the store?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #173
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Unfortunately they are closing a bunch of B&N's!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #174
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
That's pretty cool. They let you read the whole book as long as you're in the store?

That's my understanding (I don't actually have either, or any, ereader)

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #175
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
I received my new Kindle today. I'm just as positive as this guy. I love it. Easy to hold, light and great contrast. I purchased the cover with the book light and it works like a dream. I'm going to gift my original Kindle to a friend.

Thanks Troy based on your positive impression I pulled the trigger and order one with the cover with light.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #176
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's my understanding (I don't actually have either, or any, ereader)
its up to 1 hr per day per book.....or so i belive.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:41 PM   #177
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

So I could load up my ereader and take it to a book store or just go to the book store, grab the actual book and read it? I'll go with the latter. (FWIW, I have a friend who works at the store and never gives me any grief) That said, if I want a book that badly, I usually just pull the trigger.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #178
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
So I could load up my ereader and take it to a book store or just go to the book store, grab the actual book and read it? I'll go with the latter. (FWIW, I have a friend who works at the store and never gives me any grief) That said, if I want a book that badly, I usually just pull the trigger.

I would imagine the bonuses would be

a) not having to find the book
b) keeping your place

but I've also never gone to a book store and read a chapter or two of a book, so it sounds odd in general to me.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #179
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I wonder if the free reading in B&N stores also goes for the Nook iPad app - I've heard it's not a great app however.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM   #180
lurker
High School JV

Quote:
I would imagine the bonuses would be

a) not having to find the book
b) keeping your place

but I've also never gone to a book store and read a chapter or two of a book, so it sounds odd in general to me.

It's something fun to do if you're with someone who's taking forever to shop and you're bored. When I was a kid, my sister and I used to read whole books over like 10 trips to the mall or wherever while my mom did her shopping. This was before bookstores had comfortable places to sit, so nobody else was doing it and some store owners were jerks about it....which I guess I can understand, even though it does seem kind of crappy to pick on kids who are quietly reading.

Anyway, I have the Kindle and I like it a lot! I've loaded a lot of classics on it and some study materials that I have on PDF. I like how I can change it to landscape if I need to look at graphs or something...don't know if the other e-readers have that feature.

Last edited by lurker : 09-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #181
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #182
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Got mine yesterday. I was excited for it to arrive, have been for a few weeks (ordered the 3rd but it was on backorder.) But I told myself it's just an ereader, so how cool can it be. It's fucking sweet.

Nobody really responded to my question earlier. What covers do you guys have? I want one, but I'm not really wanting to fork over 50% of the device price for a cover. Any other accessories you guys have?

Also, did you guys purchase the extended warranty?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #183
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I have the Kindle 2. I bought 2 covers, one that was leather and colorful and soft, and the standard Amazon one. I liked the texture and the looks of the nice leather cover but it was too bulky for me, so I've reverted to using the standard Amazon cover. I have no complaints. If I had the Kindle 3, I'd get the one that has the light.

Never bought an extended warranty for any electronic device.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #184
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Last week my in-laws got us each a nook for our anniversary. So far I love it, and my first read on it is from the library.

My wife's first experience has not been so great. And its unfortunate because she was going to be harder to hook in the first place. She also got a library book but it is VERY poorly formatted.

Are there any good ebook blogs or anything out there?

I purchased Industriell Easel Cover, Barnes & Noble - Barnes & Noble for my nook and it's good so far.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #185
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

Are there any good ebook blogs or anything out there?

MobileRead Forums
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #186
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Reading Ken Follet's Pillars and really enjoying it so I hopped on Amazon just to check his other books out.

Checked out the Kindle price of his new Fall of Giants. Hardcover: $19.39 Kindle: $19.99

Not a chance in fucking hell. I really hope this doesn't continue.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #187
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Reading Ken Follet's Pillars and really enjoying it so I hopped on Amazon just to check his other books out.

Checked out the Kindle price of his new Fall of Giants. Hardcover: $19.39 Kindle: $19.99

That's exactly why I have it on my reserve list in the library. The publisher's better hop on the boat with this digital thing, or they're going to end up like the music industry.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #188
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Got mine yesterday. I was excited for it to arrive, have been for a few weeks (ordered the 3rd but it was on backorder.) But I told myself it's just an ereader, so how cool can it be. It's fucking sweet.

Nobody really responded to my question earlier. What covers do you guys have? I want one, but I'm not really wanting to fork over 50% of the device price for a cover. Any other accessories you guys have?

Also, did you guys purchase the extended warranty?

I got a cover from oberon, but that's just me. I didn't mind the expense. I did buy an extended warranty from squaretrade as well. I have two kids under 5, and that's why I bought the warranty.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #189
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not that I have ever read any of his stuff, but I can get it in ebook form on my nook from my library.

Of course, there's a 13 person waiting list.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #190
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Of course, there's a 13 person waiting list.

Yeah, one of the reasons I just can't get behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #191
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It's a publisher thing. Amazon would, of course, like it to be $9.99. Though, good news is in a month or so it will drop. Same thing happened with Tom Holland's "The Forge of Christendom" - was around $20, but then Amazon was allowed to set it down to its prefered price point.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #192
lurker
High School JV

Quote:

Don't get your hopes up -- his other books are pretty terrible in comparison. I haven't read them all, but the few I did were really bad.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #193
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Yeah, one of the reasons I just can't get behind this.

It's a brand new release [shrug]. Books aren't like movies to me -- I'm not trying to get them when they're brand new. Of course, I'm not really that way with movies either. Every book I have actually planned on reading that I've looked for and found (about 50% rate on finding it) has not had a waiting list.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #194
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It's a publisher thing. Amazon would, of course, like it to be $9.99. Though, good news is in a month or so it will drop. Same thing happened with Tom Holland's "The Forge of Christendom" - was around $20, but then Amazon was allowed to set it down to its prefered price point.

Yeah, I understand completely. I read a quote on the NYT from one publisher saying that part of the problem is that Amazon sets the prices for hardcover editions too low. Doesn't give me much hope.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #195
Scarecrow
College Prospect

BUMP!

New announcement coming from Barnes & Noble on Tuesday has been leaked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgadget

Nookcolor.com domain snapped up by Barnes & Noble, hints at Nook Color device

By Thomas Ricker posted Oct 22nd 2010 2:42AM

At some future point in time, when the technology finally allows it, all ebook reader displays will make the jump to color. Perhaps that's what Barnes and Noble is thinking by registering the nookcolor.com domain. Then again, "Nook Color" is the name rumored for B&N's new 7-inch color touchscreen device said to cost a mere $249. Or maybe it's just a collection of colorful snap-on bezels for its existing Nook. Whatever it is, we'll be treated with the truth on Tuesday when B&N hosts its very special event. Be there won't you, we will.

Last edited by Scarecrow : 10-22-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #196
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Multiple sources are reporting that Amazon will be rolling out a book-lending feature akin to the Noook "soon." I still love my Kindle 2. Though I don't know how the Nook uses it, the issues I've had with my Android phone has kind of soured me on Android in general...a pity, really, since I think it's in part hardware issues (I'm on my 2nd "Incredible" now and it has major issues like the touchscreen getting ghost inputs etc).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:52 PM   #197
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Planning on getting the Kindle for my Mom for Christmas. What's the current stock situation? Are they pretty much freely available or should I be ordering one now?

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #198
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Multiple sources are reporting that Amazon will be rolling out a book-lending feature akin to the Noook "soon." I still love my Kindle 2. Though I don't know how the Nook uses it, the issues I've had with my Android phone has kind of soured me on Android in general...a pity, really, since I think it's in part hardware issues (I'm on my 2nd "Incredible" now and it has major issues like the touchscreen getting ghost inputs etc).

/tk

I don't know anybody outside of internet forums that has a Kindle so at first the lending feature doesn't really interest me. But I realized there are probably many like me. Could easily just post a list of books that I have and others could do the same.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #199
Scarecrow
College Prospect

The Kindle Color is here! (or at least it will be here on November 19):

nookcolor.com
  • Stunning 7-inch color touchscreen
  • Magazines & newspapers in rich color
  • Kids' books come alive
  • Over 2 million titles at your fingertips
  • Get social, surf the web, play games, even listen to music
All for $249

I'm finally seriously considering this; would be perfect for me because I'd use it more for newspapers and magazines than for novels.

Last edited by Scarecrow : 10-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #200
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

LCD?