Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #151
Philliesfan980
Banned

I've just started reading the actual thread on OS. Here is is -

Franchise things with pics - Operation Sports Forums

Not really sure why Prince Fielder, Jose Reyes would be on waivers. This isn't looking good.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #152
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I really hope that franchise stuff does not play out in RTTS. Would suck to win an MVP and then be claimed off waivers the following season. Or be the 2nd best closer on the team and be in the minors all year.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #153
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I really hope that franchise stuff does not play out in RTTS. Would suck to win an MVP and then be claimed off waivers the following season. Or be the 2nd best closer on the team and be in the minors all year.

I'm a strictly RTTS player, and I strongly echo these statements.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Unfortunately, I suspect it will be a problem in RTTS which seems to share the franchise roster management. My enthusiasm for jumping in and playing after I get out of work this afternoon just took a hit.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #155
Philliesfan980
Banned

Hate to sound dramatic, but I'm seriously considering not opening my copy from Amazon.com when I get home. Does anyone know if they give full refunds on unopened video games?

I can always buy it down the road if they end up fixing this. I'm a "play one game a week, sim the rest" guy, so no matter how pretty the game looks, if this stuff is broken, then it's unplayable for me.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 03-02-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #156
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
Hate to sound dramatic, but I'm seriously considering not opening my copy from Amazon.com when I get home. Does anyone know if they give full refunds on unopened video games?

I can always buy it down the road if they end up fixing this. I'm a "play one game a week, sim the rest" guy, so no matter how pretty the game looks, if this stuff is broken, then it's unplayable for me.

You're joking right? I don't think anybody here or at OS has any real question as to whether they'll fix this or not. My only, and I mean only concern is if I start an RTTS career today, will I have to re-start it when a patch comes out.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #157
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You're joking right? I don't think anybody here or at OS has any real question as to whether they'll fix this or not. My only, and I mean only concern is if I start an RTTS career today, will I have to re-start it when a patch comes out.

I can only speak for myself here. . . but when problems are that severe, I question:

1) how long it's going to take to get a patch that fixes this stuff.

2) how much of this CAN get fixed.

Last years retirement issue was something I was pretty confident would get taken care of easily. This year it is looking like franchise mode as a whole is totally destroyed.

Incredibly disappointing. I'll still open my copy tonight and play a little, but my enthusiasm has taken a monumental hit. I might be looking at starting Mass Effect more quickly than I thought.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #158
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post

No, I'm not joking. I agree with you that they'll probably end up fixing it, but what about the 10% chance that it's just too complex to fix this year, and it ends up being unresolved?

I'm an Amazon.com prime member, so the shipping was "free". If I send it back, it will probably cost me $3-4 in FedEx charges to return the game. I can always buy it a month or two down the line, and get "free" shipping again. I suppose my overall risk is that I have to overpay $3-4 for the same game that's sitting on my doorstep. To me, I'd rather just do that than have a coaster on my hands (outside of selling it on the used market, which I don't do).

I rarely pre-order games, and this pretty much reaffirms why I shouldn't in the future. There's rarely a supply crunch in the Video Game market, so it doesn't make sense not to wait.

Last edited by Philliesfan980 : 03-02-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #159
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok...while I can understand where you're coming from on this, I don't agree with sending it back. Now if this were an EA, or even a 2k game, I might agree with you. However since this is a Sony game, and not just any Sony game but a very high profile one, I feel pretty confident that they'll be putting a lot of resources into fixing this.

Edit - I have a hard to coming up with one...just one...high profile sports game in the last 3-4 years that didn't have a moderate (or major depending on how you play the game) bug on day 1.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-02-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #160
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't picked my copy up yet but will still be doing so. My frustration with the situation is that I feel like gaming companies are steadily becoming more and more lax and then relying on the slap a patch on it answer. It seems like testing is failing in more and more obvious ways and that users are being used as the beta test group. I guess I would be okay with this if we saw the lack of testing reflected in a price break of sorts but that's not happening.

I'm a pretty big 360 fan boy but bought the PS3 for the unique games (Uncharted, The Show, and one or two others) so this is pretty disappointing news early for this year's iteration. It doesn't mean I won't play it or won't enjoy it even, but it is a bad sign (EA's slip started similarly in my memory).
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #161
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Let's be clear here. The waiver situation can be fixed by you for the time being simply by turning off waivers in your options if you don't want it to affect your career. You can always turn it back on when the patch is applied.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #162
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Let's be clear here. The waiver situation can be fixed by you for the time being simply by turning off waivers in your options if you don't want it to affect your career. You can always turn it back on when the patch is applied.

That's true, maybe I'll just end up going that route.

Just read on the same post over on OS that the rule 5 draft has a lot of activity as well.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #163
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

Are you 100% sure about this? From Operation Sports forum:

Just went and looked at all the pre franchise options, I do NOT see an option to turn waivers off.

the only waiver related option is if you want to handle them yourself or have the cpu do it.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #164
Icy
Pro Starter

For those interested, the PSP version is available at the PSN USA store at $40, i just purchased and installed it, will write some comments later.

This will help to wait more patiently for the PS3 version to come here from the shop where imported it. I must also admit that even when i like the PS3 version more because the extra graphics etc, i end playing more the PSP version every year due to it being portable. Also being in the MS, the load times in between games are like half than with the UMD or even the Blu-ray versions, perfect for quick RTTS careers.

Last edited by Icy : 03-02-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #165
TroyF
Coordinator

If the load times are cut down from the UMD, I'll play it 10x more than last year.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #166
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Are you 100% sure about this? From Operation Sports forum:

It may be tied into the trade on/off then. If they've taken that out completely in the final build, then it could be a bit tougher to work around it.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #167
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

EF27 - Any plans to start up a new "Blazing Glory" ?
Old 03-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #168
Philliesfan980
Banned

Can you turn trades completely off? It would suck, but it would be a workaround that I could live with I guess.

I wonder how messed up the offseason stuff is.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #169
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
If the load times are cut down from the UMD, I'll play it 10x more than last year.

Load times are indeed faster than the PS3 Blu-ray version and UMD, it's going to be great.

On the negative side... at first sight, it doesn't really look like a big upgrade over 09 besides it looking a bit better (incredible graphics for a psp game), i have not tried it yet, but i have read at OS that there is no Catcher pitch calling in the PSP version (one of the new RTTS features in PS3) and i wonder if there is training this year as it was not there past season in PSP.

Anyway it was almost perfect past year, so if some things have been improved, and with the way lower load times, we could be in heaven.

A huge miss is the lack of internet PSP gaming this year and i can't also find the option to download sliders or rosters (probably tied to not having internet gaming).

I guess we will be able to download rosters as free DLC or from a website, but not directly in game.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #170
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This was going to be my second PS3 game purchase. Now I will take the wait and see approach and play through Mass Effect 2 instead.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #171
sooner333
College Starter

I was considering buying a PS3 mainly for this game (secondarily for BR). Now I will wait or not get one at all.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #172
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm going to go pick up my copy right now. I should be back around 1 pacific time. If you guys have any questions about settings/gameplay/modes etc, feel free to post them here and I'll answer them today. I've got the entire week off of work
Old 03-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #173
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I was under the impression you had to get all the achievements. Not sure if it's available to purchase.

That's what I hate about this shit. You can't get all the bells and whistles unless you finish accomplishments or pay money. That's just slimeball.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #174
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

mmmm...I love my lanai...s.
Attached Images
File Type: png the show.png (955.9 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-02-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #175
Kodos
Resident Alien

You know, I hate you, you Hawaii bastard. If I could live anywhere in the world, it'd be Maui. Asshole!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:56 PM   #176
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
You know, I hate you, you Hawaii bastard. If I could live anywhere in the world, it'd be Maui. Asshole!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-02-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I think I got hit with the PS3 bug just now. It signed me out of the PS store and my PS3 froze up for a minute or two before it finally read the Show 10's disc. It appears to be installing to my harddrive ok though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to try simming a season of RTTS at some position I don't care about to see if the franchise issues appear to also be present in the RTTS mode.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Difficult to look at so much info over a short period of time, but I didn't see any glaring waiver issues in RTTS. I did see a few trades that I found questionable, but I suppose one could make an argument for them. I'm going to hold off on starting my real RTTS career until more people test it, or a patch comes out.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #179
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I got hit with the same sign out error, but there doesn't seem to be any issues with my machine.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #180
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

haha, the first HR I gave up was so close to the foul pole that it had to be reviewed by the umps. Can't believe I let Francoeur go yard on me.

Last edited by Big Fo : 03-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #181
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I have to say, the player models and lighting are much improved over last year. I didn't think they could make the game look better, but they successfully did it this year. I'm setting the presentation mode to RT without replays, and the game completion camera is set to dugout which really adds to the immersion.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #182
rowech
Pro Starter

Anyone else not getting the ballpark code to work? I've typed it in, the ballparks appear in my services list whatever that is but when I try to use them, nada.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #183
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Anyone else not getting the ballpark code to work? I've typed it in, the ballparks appear in my services list whatever that is but when I try to use them, nada.

Its a glitch. A fix is coming.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I like the new warm up feature where you get to throw the 8 pitches when a new pitcher comes into the game. Nice touch to get used to a pitcher's repertoire.

Big Fo, I have you beat. The first homer I gave up, a 3 run shot in the 8th to give them a 5-3 lead, was off the foul pole.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #185
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

My gamespot was out of the codes, damn them!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

It's kind of cool that you can add all time legends into the Homerun derby.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #187
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I like the fielding training in RTTS.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #188
SackAttack
Head Coach

In a twisted way, I'm kind of glad to see there are major issues at the moment. It makes the temptation easier to resist while I'm broke until...I'm not broke anymore.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #189
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Supposedly there's a player progression bug and it will be fixed on the first roster update. So anybody looking to start a career may want to wait. Argh.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #190
saldana
Pro Starter

this thread made me not even go pick my copy up...i'll wait til the patch drops and then get cranking
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #191
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This was posted by one of the SCEA guys just a bit ago on the OS forums.

Quote:
Here is our list of the current known issues that we're looking into for immediate attention:

Attendance:
Attendance is not correctly getting reported. In talking with Jeff, he has a fix in mind that is fairly safe but would end up in the actual attendance not mirroring the paid attendance you get in franchise. It would fix the issue where you have 50k+ people attending Spring Training games. This will also fix issues with playoff games and games played in any stadium that isnt your own.
* UPDATE - This was caused by the stadium select screen being added to franchise, causing the attendance to be reset using the non-franchise logic. The stadium select was previously never used for playoff games, so it didn't handle that situation. This is fixed and it also fixes the issue with spring training games showing the attendance as if they were in their home stadium.

Trade Waivers:
Users can claim anyone off of trade waivers - CPU teams will never pull them back.
* UPDATE - fixed this one - a simple fix that will prevent user teams from simply claiming everyone that was passed through trade waivers.

No Contract:
Players can get into a state where they have no contract.
* UPDATE - As soon as a player was placed on release waivers, his contract was cleared. Then if he was claimed, he didn't have a contract. It was also clearing his 40-man roster status, which is what was causing him to go to AAA instead of the MLB team. Have a fix for this.

Player Potential:
Looks like a fairly bad miscommunication ended up with us having some seriously out of whack potentials. This will be corrected with the next roster download (Monday)
* UPDATE - Lorne is taking care of this - will be fixed with a roster update.

Multi Closer issue:
If a CPU team has 2 closers (one acquired in a trade) - they will always send one down to AAA.
* UPDATE - It would just look at the closers and see that they had more than they needed so they'd send one down, but they wouldn't look to see if they could send down a reliever instead and keep the 2nd closer in the bullpen. Have a fix for this.

Multi Trade players:
Not even sure what the details are on this one, but it looks like sometimes a player is traded and then re-traded or waived. Currently investigating.
* UPDATE - I have a fix for the trades. I'll not allow a player to be placed on the trading block by the CPU if he has been acquired by a trade recently.

Manual Trade issue:
I've seen a few reports of users having trades set to Manual and still having trades done by the CPU. Again, no idea how this is happening and we're looking for more information.
* UPDATE - Not sure what's happening here, we can not get this one to reproduce. Whoever is getting this, please make sure that you dont have your profile option set to something different than your global setting. If you need to talk to me via PM or IM for further info, please just say the word!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #192
Philliesfan980
Banned

I saw the same thing that you did Sun, and it really is a tribute to the team how quickly they were able to get a handle on these bugs.

So judging from the quality control process that Sony does, I'm guessing that we should have something in about 2 weeks or so, and I can live with that. It will give me plenty of time to get some exhibition games in. I wanted to wait until the final rosters drop anyway before starting a franchise.

Hopefully these fixes don't cause problems elsewhere in the game (NBA2k10 patch), but right now I'm cautiously optimistic.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #193
Qrusher14242
High School JV

are these bugs in the ps2 version? i was thinking of picking it up, but if it has all those bugs then forget it.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #194
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

So the franchise stuff sucks, but it looks like it's getting taken care of.

From what I've tested, it seems that if you just don't claim any of the players, they won't get claimed at all. Just show a little restraint, I guess? I won't be starting a franchise until this is fixed though.

Apart from that, this game is absolutely incredible.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 PM   #195
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...I'm so f'ing hooked right now. I haven't put the controller down since I got home except to take a whiz...

...though it should be noted that I never really got un-hooked from MLB 09. In fact 09 was the game I took out of the PS3 so I could put 10 in.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-02-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #196
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just dicking around in RTTS and I noticed on Mothers Day everyone had pink bats. Show does the little things better then anyone.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #197
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm about to start the 2010 season with a new look Braves squad, we brought John Smoltz back for old time's sake to replace Derek Lowe, signed Johnny Damon, and traded for Adrian Gonzalez and Hanley Ramirez. Plus I created Jason Heyward. I couldn't get Grienke or Linecum though.

I'll just mess around with this team that I made some unfair (but accepted) trades for until a patch comes out and some user-created rosters with real minor leaguers come out.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #198
cougarfreak
College Starter

Newbie on the PS 3 here, specifically for the Show. I can deal with the bugs, but can someone answer a couple questions for me:

1. When they "fix" the bugs, does the patch automatically d/l for me when I load the game up?

2. Will there be "official" opening day rosters? And if so, will they auto d/l as well?

3. I see some guys over at OS sports making full minor rosters, etc. How do you get those into your game then they're done?
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #199
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I like how when a particularly hittable pitch has been thrown it shows up as "meatball" when you press R3 afterward instead of fastball/slider/whatever.

I don't like how Tim Hudson just threw a meatball right down the middle when I wanted a slider low and outside. Aramis Ramirez smashed it for a 400+ HR to left-center.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #200
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Newbie on the PS 3 here, specifically for the Show. I can deal with the bugs, but can someone answer a couple questions for me:

1. When they "fix" the bugs, does the patch automatically d/l for me when I load the game up?

2. Will there be "official" opening day rosters? And if so, will they auto d/l as well?

3. I see some guys over at OS sports making full minor rosters, etc. How do you get those into your game then they're done?

1. It'll say there is an update when you load up the game.

2. You sign on to the online area and get the updated rosters.

3. You DL them to your CPU then put then on a USB and transfer it to your PS3.