Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2008, 02:43 AM   #151
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Cool, they brought in another actor from Veronica Mars.

Well so much for that.

I've now realized that Claire's real mom (the coaches sister-in-law) and speedy were on Friday Night Lights.

She should go back to wearing glasses.

Now having noticed this, Sylar should have the ability to control fire and speed in about 3 episodes.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:53 AM   #152
saldana
Pro Starter

i liked future peter extracting current peter from the soundwave dude...should be interesting when they run into the person that actually has that power.

loved the return of the hatian.

thought the part where parkman apparently goes into the future painting trance was interesting...makes it appear that whatever was in that bowl triggered the power....other than that, i hated the parkman bits.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #153
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I wish Parkman would die.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #154
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Great find, Taz! I knew she looked familar!

Another interesting thing, Hiro and Ando are now in Level 5. You think Peter helps get them out in a few episodes? Or do we think that they are there for a while... rendering them useless for a bit (as we've said, Hiro is mega powerful). So now two of the super-powerful are trapped in Level 5, while the third super-powerful is off in the future.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #155
spleen1015
Coordinator

The Hiro segments are like watching a Spy Kids movie, very painful.

I knew we would see the Haitan again.

That is an interesting twist with Nikki/Jessica/Tracy. Looking forward to seeing more about that.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #156
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

I was also happy with the episode - the pace felt much better and there were some interesting twists. I like the speedster/Hiro bits (I thought the pikachu line was funny) and I'm interested to see who she's working for. I also like what they're doing with Sylar now but I wonder who his father is going to end up being? If it was Dallas Petrelli why would she have given him up for adoption? Could it be Hiro's dad (didn't Angela have an affair with him)? Maybe someone new they will add later?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM   #157
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Everything's good.

But Parkman. Awful casting that should have been remedied a long time ago.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #158
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Everything's good.

But Parkman. Awful casting that should have been remedied a long time ago.

At least they gave him a similar job description from his earlier work, fat cop in Alias.

gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #159
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
At least they gave him a similar job description from his earlier work, fat cop in Alias.

They were smart and killed him early in Lost.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:44 PM   #160
Thomkal
Head Coach

So a little better episode I guess. Pretty cool that the villains showed up in my hometown area of Poughkeepsie. I have a feeling that I'm not going to like next episode very much as it looks like its going to be Peter visiting another future timeline. Perhaps he will find the Irish chick they have totally forgotten about.

One question I had was what exactly did that girl do to Sylar? Was it supposed to make him "better" or be able to fight off the "hunger?" (which we never saw mentioned with Sylar before I believe)

Intriguing bit with Tracy/Dr. Zimmerman-too bad he's never been mentioned in the show before when it appears he had a very important part to play in the development of the Heroes.

Can't say I'm particular happy to see Parkman get the future painting power cause its likely going to lead to more future timeline stuff.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #161
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
One question I had was what exactly did that girl do to Sylar? Was it supposed to make him "better" or be able to fight off the "hunger?" (which we never saw mentioned with Sylar before I believe)

I don't think she did anything, my impression was that he simply just ate her (or however he gets 'em). Which made him better (gave him her powers), and obviously less hungry.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:55 PM   #162
MikeVic
Head Coach

I thought it was better than the first two eps, but the way you get powers isn't sitting well with me. So there's the "I accidentally found out I was born with powers," the "evolution" of an existing power into something more (Parkman, Claire), the injection of powers (Mohinder), the creation of powers (Nikki, Tracey, Jessica)... although that could be the same as Mohinder's thing... and the one that bugs me now is Parkman "learning" another power? We really need a future painting guy with three (two Peters and Hiro) guys capable to travel throughout time?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #163
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I thought it was better than the first two eps, but the way you get powers isn't sitting well with me. So there's the "I accidentally found out I was born with powers," the "evolution" of an existing power into something more (Parkman, Claire), the injection of powers (Mohinder), the creation of powers (Nikki, Tracey, Jessica)... although that could be the same as Mohinder's thing... and the one that bugs me now is Parkman "learning" another power? We really need a future painting guy with three (two Peters and Hiro) guys capable to travel throughout time?

The writers do get stuck in a rut of "the future" don't they? Do we really need everyone telling the future?
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #164
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well now Sylar can see the past (by figuring out the powers of that woman offered us as a sacrifice... that's how Ma Petrelli gets Sylar able to do a job... feed him a power so he's satisfied for a bit).
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM   #165
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well now Sylar can see the past (by figuring out the powers of that woman offered us as a sacrifice... that's how Ma Petrelli gets Sylar able to do a job... feed him a power so he's satisfied for a bit).

His ability to see the past is limited to objects, though. So it's like having one of the higher levels of Auspex; I forget which one though.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #166
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I don't think she did anything, my impression was that he simply just ate her (or however he gets 'em). Which made him better (gave him her powers), and obviously less hungry.

I thought her powers were that she could tell the history behind any object she touches, which is why Mama Petrelli gave her up to Sylar. Now he has this power and that sets him up to hunt villians with HRG nicely.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:34 PM   #167
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I thought her powers were that she could tell the history behind any object she touches, which is why Mama Petrelli gave her up to Sylar. Now he has this power and that sets him up to hunt villians with HRG nicely.

Yep. Like I said, high level of Auspex. Which can be a pretty nifty discipline.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 AM   #168
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finally watched the episode this morning.

The Hiro/Ando stuff seems forced and overly goofy. I really don't like it. They are also becoming the Maya and her lame ass brother of Seaon 3. So far, it's been the same in every episode:

1. Hiro and Ando have the formula or are tracking down the formula

2. The Speedster shows up.

3. Hiro and Ando confrot her and their relationship gets "strained" in a hamfisted fashion.

4. The Speedster bests them and speeds away.

All. Three. Episodes. Enough already. That said, I like the Speedster well enough.

Micah is a horrible actor.

Parkman is a horrible actor. The spirt guide/spirit quest thing is so tired. Homer Simpson's spirit quest after eating the hot pepper grown in the Guatemalan insane asylum where he talked to the space coyote voice by Johnny Cash really should be have been the last spirit quest. Ever. Also, the whole "mystical negro" thing. That's soooo original.

Peter is a horrible actor. I feared a talent black hole opened up somewhere in the universe the moment Future Scar Peter and Present Peter were on screen together.

Claire's mom (not the biological one) remains one of the better actors on the show and is still one of my favorite characters.

I seriously need to track down Dr. Zimmerman and get me a Nikki/Tracy clone of my very own. I don't even need one with super powers. Thanks, doc.

I sort of had high hopes for the Level 5 Villians, but it turns out they were just a bunch of little bitches who were easily pwned by Sylar. That was a lot of menacing build up for very little payoff. Compelling.

How was Claire's biological mother able to breath without any trouble in the shipping container?

I am glad they have forgotten about the Irish girl. Somewhat puzzled, but glad nonetheless.

I still like Noah.

It was good to see the Haitian again.

I agree, despite Sylar being pretty much unstoppable, he remains compelling.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 10-01-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #169
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I sort of had high hopes for the Level 5 Villians, but it turns out they were just a bunch of little bitches who were easily pwned by Sylar.

Aren't there more? I thought I heard something like 10 or so escaped (I could just be imagining it all though). Those 3 were the ones who escaped with Trapped Peter though, so they were the first priority (because Ma Petrelli wanted her Peter back).
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #170
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Aren't there more? I thought I heard something like 10 or so escaped (I could just be imagining it all though). Those 3 were the ones who escaped with Trapped Peter though, so they were the first priority (because Ma Petrelli wanted her Peter back).

There may be. The ones from last episode are the only ones I recall ever seeing in their cells. I guess, in that case, they could just keep "creating" new villains. Oh, he was in Level 5, too. So was he. Him too. Her as well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #171
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

According to the wiki blurb on the ep:

List of Heroes episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Sylar confronts Elle at the Company and twelve villains escape due to an ensuing battle.

So, we've captured 4 of 'em. Well, I guess Noah escaped too... though whether he counts...
Old 10-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #172
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Did the villain who fed on fear get away or die? I rather liked his power
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #173
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post

He got away.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #174
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually I think he got away when Sylar was feeding on the sonic voice Villain.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 AM   #175
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
According to the wiki blurb on the ep:

List of Heroes episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, we've captured 4 of 'em. Well, I guess Noah escaped too... though whether he counts...

Does Sylar count as well?

Either way, let's hope the 6-8 villains who are still "at large" are a little more impressive than the foursome that are still around.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:00 AM   #176
Raiders Army
Coordinator

On the Parkman stuff, I did have to laugh at the "Thank you Mr. Turtle, you saved my life" although I saw it coming. I don't think he's as bad an actor as what you guys have been saying. I mean, he's no Steve Buscemi, but he hasn't gotten exactly great storylines or plot to work with.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #177
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Great find, Taz! I knew she looked familar!

Another interesting thing, Hiro and Ando are now in Level 5. You think Peter helps get them out in a few episodes? Or do we think that they are there for a while... rendering them useless for a bit (as we've said, Hiro is mega powerful). So now two of the super-powerful are trapped in Level 5, while the third super-powerful is off in the future.

i watched an episode of "Attack of the Show", on G4, and the soundwave guy and the Magneto guy were on promoting monday's episode. the host asked if what was so special about that prison that villains couldn't break out of it, and the soundwave guy said each room was reinforced to counteract their powers. they specifically mentioned the black guy who got power from other people's fear was in a room with all mirrors, so that he couldn't see anyone and absord power from their fear. the soundwave guy apparently was in a room that was reinforced with utlra strong beams that would prevent the room/facility from caving in. that sort of stuff.

i wonder how you can plan on containing Hiro - he can stop time all he wants and teleport. they didn't seem to be shackled or hindered in any way. Ando is in over his head. what does he have - super courage? i can't wait until he gets his hands on Mohinder's serum so he can also aquire a power to be useful.

interesting how Parkman was walking through a desert, was so hot he was getting blisters on his face - but didn't need to take his jacket off.

Micah must leave the show. i would really love for them to have a future episode where they show you a Future Micah who's 20x more powerful and is a villain, controlling all these futuristic robots and gadgets.

what exactly was the purpose of the Claire vs. her biological mom scene, where Claire almost suffocated? what did it accomplish? i thought the scene was going to be that Claire's mom taught her how to tap into a latent fire ability, but it seems the scene just served to make Claire realize her true intentions for wanting to help people - to hurt bad people. other than that, i was baffled as to what was going on.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #178
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
I like the speedster/Hiro bits (I thought the pikachu line was funny) and I'm interested to see who she's working for.

my guess - Linderman or Ma Patrelli.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #179
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
it seems the scene just served to make Claire realize her true intentions for wanting to help people - to hurt bad people. other than that, i was baffled as to what was going on.

That's it. It was to show that Claire is going to go after people for revenge... which is going to make her fairly easy to twist into a baddy.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #180
Anthony
Banned

i could've sworn her mother said something about teaching her how to fight, which is where i got the impression that Claire was going to learn of her other power's, much like how Parkman's dad told Parkman that there was more to Parkman's power than he realized.

i'm thinking if Claire's power is cellular regeneration - perhaps it can turn into a Mr. Fantastic type of power (being able to stretch her body since her cells can regenerate). Sylar said her ability was special, so maybe i'm off.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #181
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
my guess - Linderman or Ma Patrelli.

I don't think she's working for Ma Petrelli. The Haitian was there working for her, so she'd be stealing it from herself which wouldn't make any sense.

My money is on Linderman
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #182
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
I don't think she's working for Ma Petrelli. The Haitian was there working for her, so she'd be stealing it from herself which wouldn't make any sense.

HENCE - the twist!! dun dun DUNNN. lol
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #183
MikeVic
Head Coach

I thought it was Ma Petrelli at first too. She could be doing the thing with the Haitian to make it seem like it's not her.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #184
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

True, guess you can't completely rule that out with this show.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #185
Anthony
Banned

she seems like the type who'd be playing both sides or pitting the same side against itself, keeping people in the dark, that sort of thing. and, again, it'd make for a better twist. unless there's an unknown entity existing that has yet to reveal itself.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #186
MikeVic
Head Coach

Maybe there's another twelve unknown entities as part of some secret organization that has connections to the Petrelli family and are descendants of the Minutemen, and ordered the genetic tests to create Nikki/Jessica/Tracey.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #187
mckerney
Coordinator

So did Marlo get away?
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #188
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
So did Marlo get away?

Yes.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #189
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I thought it was Ma Petrelli at first too. She could be doing the thing with the Haitian to make it seem like it's not her.
That doesn't make much sense though, because she would know he speedster would have no powers around the Haitian. It's either Linderman, someone new or (hopefully not) Adam showing back up already.

I'm glad Marlo got away - and the best part about his power is he can be Marlo, only now he's 10x more powerful and explains why he wants to be so terrifying.

Btw, congratulations Sylar. You proved to Mr. Bennett/etc that you couldn't be controlled/trusted at all in order to gain supersound? To go along with telekinesis and everything better you already possess? Weak move.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #190
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Btw, congratulations Sylar. You proved to Mr. Bennett/etc that you couldn't be controlled/trusted at all in order to gain supersound? To go along with telekinesis and everything better you already possess? Weak move.

I think I am missing something... I have seen a few references to this so far that Sylar killed the supersound guy...

In my episode of Heroes on Monday, the last scene of the episode was showing level 5 where Hiro was locked up, and where they were locking Sylar back up in level 5, but they also showed the supersound guy being locked back up.. as in .. We made you think Sylar was going to kill him, but he didn't really....

Did I miss something important here or what? I'm kind of confused because that may be an important detail.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #191
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I think I am missing something... I have seen a few references to this so far that Sylar killed the supersound guy...

In my episode of Heroes on Monday, the last scene of the episode was showing level 5 where Hiro was locked up, and where they were locking Sylar back up in level 5, but they also showed the supersound guy being locked back up.. as in .. We made you think Sylar was going to kill him, but he didn't really....

Did I miss something important here or what? I'm kind of confused because that may be an important detail.

They showed Noah outside and blood splatter on the window. They locked up the flame thrower dude.

He ate the sound wave dude's brains, man.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #192
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
So did Marlo get away?

Gotta love any reference to the Wire.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #193
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah Sound dude is bye bye, that was Mr. Blue Fire Hands man.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #194
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post

I think its kind of hard for him to control himself when he has the "hunger".
Old 10-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #195
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cork View Post
Gotta love any reference to the Wire.

-Cork

I believe Bubbles will show up as a villain as well. Good stuff.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #196
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Much better second episode and I agree the Parkman stuff is tiring. I did have a few Qs/observations:

1. Is Linderman real or just a figment of Nathan's mind? If he's real, he can be invisible...

2. Is it me, or did it look like the speedster is the girl with Parkman in the images in Africa?

3. Loved the return of the Haitian and found it interesting that Hiro and the Speedster's powers wouldn't work around the Haitian without him knowing. I thought the Haitian had to concentrate on someone to block their powers, not just be in their presence.

4. You have to think one of the "escaped bad guys" is worse than Sylar, but I can't imagine what powers that person would have. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype.

5. So, is Mohinder turning into the Fly? I noticed he already looked a bit like Jeff Goldblum, but this may be a little too silly . If Heroes takes that turn I don't see it ending well for the audience.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:20 PM   #197
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
2. Is it me, or did it look like the speedster is the girl with Parkman in the images in Africa?

I thought the same thing.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #198
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Much better second episode and I agree the Parkman stuff is tiring. I did have a few Qs/observations:

1. Is Linderman real or just a figment of Nathan's mind? If he's real, he can be invisible...
Dunno. They haven't given us any hints yet.

Quote:
Like Izule, I concur.

Quote:
3. Loved the return of the Haitian and found it interesting that Hiro and the Speedster's powers wouldn't work around the Haitian without him knowing. I thought the Haitian had to concentrate on someone to block their powers, not just be in their presence.
I don't remember this, but then again on a show about people who have powers, I don't think they're that interested in it being REAL.

Quote:
4. You have to think one of the "escaped bad guys" is worse than Sylar, but I can't imagine what powers that person would have. Hopefully, it lives up to the hype.
I think there's definitely the possibility that there's someone who's more evil than Sylar...probably not more powerful, but definitely more evil.

Quote:
5. So, is Mohinder turning into the Fly? I noticed he already looked a bit like Jeff Goldblum, but this may be a little too silly . If Heroes takes that turn I don't see it ending well for the audience.
I'm glad there was no Mohinder sighting last episode. I'd be glad if they did that every week. Now that you mention it, I could see someone mutating ala Hank McCoy (Beast) into something "not human". It would be a great plot device to keep Mohinder from distributing his formula widely.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM   #199
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Re: Sylar selling out to get the sound/voice power... While I think some of the lines Sylar had to deliver were horribly clumsy, but from a character motivation standpoint, I was cool with it. Sylar has been driven since the show began to absorb every power he possibly can. He's put himself in harm's way before to get relatively lame-ass powers.

As a side note, it is this exact "hunger", as ISiddiqui put it, that makes the pairing of HRG and Sylar work. HRG, badass though he may be, will sometimes need a super to support him, whereas Sylar could only be teamed with a normal, otherwise he'd be unable to resist turning on his partner and getting the power forcibly.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #200
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
He ate the sound wave dude's brains, man.

That's disgusting, Claire.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote