Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #151
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I'll likely pick this up, but just not for a week or two.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #152
Kodos
Resident Alien

I sent the wife and kids out tonight, and will be curling up with NCAA 2012 as soon as I get home.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #153
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

This game's release date is not official for me until the rosters are done for PS3. I'm not even tempted until then and it gives me time to see what EA fucked up.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #154
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Mine is coming via free super saver shipping, which means next week. I wouldn't play anyway until the named rosters are completed.

I have been reading good things though.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #155
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I can't name a single Division I football player, so I feel rather indifferent about the rosters. I'll be ready to play tonight!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:09 PM   #156
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I want it...just need to get it...when I do, Dynasty will be on it's way.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #157
BYU 14
Coordinator

Going to pick it up now, the impressions on operation sports have been better than any edition in memory so I am pretty stoked to fire it up.

Will be testing sliders and overall gamplay until the named roster are released, so will post some thoughts later.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-12-2011 at 05:28 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #158
whomario
Pro Starter

i read that Road To Glory is again pretty much "you are rated 99 by year 2" if you use the advancements you earn, so i hope that your player also progresses in training camp so that way i could just not use them or just in a limited manner.

I very much look forward to that mode, had tons of fun last year and all improvements mentioned there are real nice.

Also hope that custom playbooks are easy to set up, looking for fitting playbooks took up tons of time last year for me in later years of dynasty ...

Will hopefully get it on thursday or friday , acording to the shop i ordered from itīs getting packaged tomorrow. Would be nice since i have Friday off, not much planned this weekend and a shitty weather forcast

Last edited by whomario : 07-12-2011 at 05:36 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #159
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I could probably get excited about this game if I felt the RttS was worth a damn. I recall last year trying it after being off the NCAA boat for a few years and the time management, and just the timing in general, being absolutely horrendous and it ruined any sense of fun I could feel. Anybody know if that is fixed?

I'm talking, 1st and 10 with a minute left and no timeouts and somehow i'm punting the ball with 45 seconds left. (been awhile so I could be recalling something that didnt happen but the type of issue still remains)
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #160
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm waiting for the game to be delivered. UPS is late :P
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #161
Kodos
Resident Alien

Played my first game. Enjoyed it a lot. But I need to work on not throwing so many picks.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #162
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have the game but I'm waiting until after the RFL National Championship game tonight to tear into it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #163
Groundhog
Coordinator

Has anyone simmed 6+ seasons in yet and checked out the roster talent?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #164
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I just created my own promotion/relegation system that features a decent amount of movement. I divided the teams by the game's rankings and have 2 conferences of 16 teams each at the top. The worst 8 of 32 go down. The next tier has 4 conferences of 12 teams each. Conference winners and runners-up go to the top tier. The worst 2 from each second tier go down. The third tier has 4 conferences of 7 teams each. Conference winners and runners up go up. The worst in each conference goes down. The fourth tier has 1 conference with the remaining teams left. 4 go up to tier 3. The worst are replaced by independents. That part of the setup was pretty easy.

I was a bit disappointed that the editor wasn't a bit more robust (but I suppose it is EA after all). The only bowls you can edit are the BCS games and these games are limited to conference winners or at large teams. There's no assigning the 3rd place team in a conference to a BCS game. I would have loved to be able to do that to reward teams in tough conferences. I went ahead and created only one conference tie-in for the title game so that my top tier conference winners would play each other for the BCS title. I left the other spots for at-large teams. Unfortunately, that created a bit of a problem at the end of the first year. Duke won the 3rd tier WAC and received an at-large bid to play the 2nd tier Big 12 champ, Northwestern, in the Orange Bowl. Not ideal to be sure...but maybe it's good because it gives lower tier teams a shot at a BCS bowl.

I also learned that if you want to do promotion/relegation that you need to write down which teams will be swapped before going on to the next season. By the time you can customize conferences in season 2, the team records from the previous season are gone (unless I'm missing them somewhere).

I hope to sim 4 seasons to see what happens.

Last edited by Ajaxab : 07-12-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #165
MacroGuru
Coordinator

RTG has given me a stiffy....I can't wait to write a dynasty for one...
Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #166
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I can't name a single Division I football player, so I feel rather indifferent about the rosters. I'll be ready to play tonight!
I'm the same but find the real names help me when it comes to football season. I remember playing as some of the names.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #167
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Amazon borked my "release day delivery" so i can't be playing. S'ok - I have 900 or so pages to read to keep me company.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I picked it up on the way home from work, but have too much work to dig into it tonight

Look forward to playing some this weekend.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #169
Kodos
Resident Alien

Just like in 11, I'm getting a bunch of brief freezes during gameplay. Frustrating.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #170
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

if on 360 the gamer tag : Patrick Morty has a pretty decent set of starter rosters and all coaches named.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #171
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

dola, and for PS3 try gamertag: GamingTailgate
Old 07-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #172
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I saw on his Twitter feed that pastapadre has named rosters available through his gamertag as well, not his work but one he apparently liked well enough to share ... strictly fwiw of course
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 AM   #173
BYU 14
Coordinator

After spending an hour plus on a custom playbook I played a game on default settings, AA, 8 min quarters with BYU against Utah State, won 31-0. The default settings are better than I think they have ever been with the exception of sacks and I recorded 12 against the Aggies. The CPU run game is also overmatched (though Utah State sucks overall they have a decent TB)

2nd game I tweaked the sliders and played Wyoming, AA, 8 min quarters and won 41-18.

Stats
Passing
BYU 15-30 324 yards 3 TD, 1 INT
Wyoming 26-51 326 yards 1 TD, 3 INT

Rushing
BYU 29-124 yards
Wyoming 24-20 yards

I sacked Wyomings QB 4 times, I was sacked 2 times, much better. Also the one pick I threw, which went for 6, was a shitty read. Wyomings picks where also reasonable (Punter threw one on a fake)

The one thing after this game that still did not feel right was the number of times the receivers dropped or had the ball jarred loose, so I tweaked those sliders and also dropped human run D. After 2 games I currently have sliders set as follows.

AA - 8 minute Quarters (This got me 138 plays in the Wyoming game)
Game speed - Normal
Speed Threshold - 30

Slider - Hum / CPU
QB acc - 45 / 50
Pass blk - 55 / 55
WR cat - 60 / 60
RB skill - 55 / 60
Run Blk - 55 / 60
Coverage - 40 / 40
Pass rush - 40 / 50
Int - 20 / 20
Run Def - 40 / 50
Tackling - 30 / 50
FG Pow - 40 / 50
FG acc - 40 / 50
Punt Pow - 45 / 50
Punt acc - 50 / 50
KP - 45 / 50

Will probably tweak some more, but these will likely be close to the final version I use based on limited play so far. Even in the Wyoming game, I never felt threatened as BYU is decidedly better, but they still had moments where they drove on me and even ripped off a couple of 10+ yard runs, though they lost yards a lot (hopefully lowering human Run D will help and I will also play a team with a better line next)

The new tackling is amazing, nearly every play felt different and while gang tackling still isn't all the way there, it is a lot better than last year and momentum definitely plays into it more than ever too. I scored one huge hit that put one of their receivers out with a concussion and also whiffed going for the big blow a couple of times, so I mostly stayed with the tackle button. Once you get the timing down on tackling it really boosts the overall enjoyment of the game. Running backs and receivers are very fluid and replays are beautiful. My biggest complaint ingame is the commentary feels stale after a half, so I find myself tuning it out.

One other gripe is the default rosters, does EA really check teams depth charts during/after spring practice? Wyoming still has Austyn Carta-Samuels on their roster and he transferred before spring ball. BYU has O'Neill Chambers on the roster and he was suspended in the middle of last season through the 2011 season as well. They also have several players I can't figure out who they represent on the real roster. I can see missing players like Pryor or others that left school/transferred in the last couple of months, but the default rosters should at least be accurate through spring ball, which is 4 months ago. Still I can edit all this so it is only a mild annoyance ATM while I wait for named rosters.

Overall very happy with this years release, the best yet IMO based on limited exposure, though I am curious to see how recruiting is in dynasty mode 5-6 seasons down the line. If recruits are more realistic this year I will be VERY happy and this edition will stay in rotation for a long time.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:24 AM   #174
Izulde
Head Coach

Try playing UNLV and see if you can win by 50. :P

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #175
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Big problem concerning conference swaps mid-dynasty... I just ran into a 255 team swap limit and the conferences are now stuck as they are. Fuck you, EA Sports.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #176
whomario
Pro Starter

i read that you canīt adjust quarter length in Road To Glory ? Seriously ?
Or can you only adjust it at the start and then have to live with it ? (thatīd be ok)

And super sim broken again ? Plays are aparenbtly again run in 10 seconds every damn time (even when up 20 with a minute left) which then will screw up the simulated stats ...

Last edited by whomario : 07-13-2011 at 06:48 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #177
markprior22
High School Varsity

I got the email link yesterday for the .pdf strategy guide. Opened it at work just to glance at it and closed it. Today, I no longer have it. I guess it's possible I accidentally deleted the email. It surely doesn't only give you one chance to look at it and if you don't save, it's gone? Does anyone have the link they could send me in a PM so I could print it off?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:16 AM   #178
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
I got the email link yesterday for the .pdf strategy guide. Opened it at work just to glance at it and closed it. Today, I no longer have it. I guess it's possible I accidentally deleted the email. It surely doesn't only give you one chance to look at it and if you don't save, it's gone? Does anyone have the link they could send me in a PM so I could print it off?

I saved it on my laptop at home - I can send you the PDF version tonight.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-13-2011 at 08:16 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #179
markprior22
High School Varsity

Thanks DT...appreciate it.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #180
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I could probably get excited about this game if I felt the RttS was worth a damn. I recall last year trying it after being off the NCAA boat for a few years and the time management, and just the timing in general, being absolutely horrendous and it ruined any sense of fun I could feel. Anybody know if that is fixed?

I'm talking, 1st and 10 with a minute left and no timeouts and somehow i'm punting the ball with 45 seconds left. (been awhile so I could be recalling something that didnt happen but the type of issue still remains)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
i read that you canīt adjust quarter length in Road To Glory ? Seriously ?
Or can you only adjust it at the start and then have to live with it ? (thatīd be ok)

And super sim broken again ? Plays are aparenbtly again run in 10 seconds every damn time (even when up 20 with a minute left) which then will screw up the simulated stats ...

Mother fucker. How the fuck do they not fix this. Seriously. Are we really picky and the majority of people don't notice this or what?

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-13-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #181
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

lol
Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #182
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
The $20 Amazon credit convinced me to pull the trigger on this.

I went ahead and did this on Monday, since the game is my annual birthday present from the kids. I paid for it and it shipped today - how do I get the $20 credit, or where will I find it on my account?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #183
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I went ahead and did this on Monday, since the game is my annual birthday present from the kids. I paid for it and it shipped today - how do I get the $20 credit, or where will I find it on my account?

It should just pop up/be factored in to your next purchase.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #184
Ksyrup

It's not. I just put something into my cart to test it, and there's nothing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #185
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
It's not. I just put something into my cart to test it, and there's nothing.

Has your order shipped yet?

Note: "The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 07-13-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #186
Ksyrup

Thanks. I don't have my order email on this computer so I was wondering what the fine print said.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-13-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #187
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

You will get an email after the credit hits your account.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #188
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am doing a coaching carousel dynasty on here if anyone is interested. I am trying to get a feel for how much of a challenge it is so I am starting out as a DC with a 1 star prestige team.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #189
korme
Go Reds

Do coaches move around this year or are they ZIPS Coach or BUCKS Coach forever?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #190
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Do coaches move around this year or are they ZIPS Coach or BUCKS Coach forever?

They will move around this year
Old 07-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #191
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
They will move around this year

That's why I'm going to wait until FK 2nd roster update which will have real coach names.. should be neat to see coaches moving around.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #192
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Looks like the punting bug is back again as well. If you punt the ball out of bounds before entering the end zone, but it bounces past the plane of the goal line out of bounds, it counts it as a touchback rather than marking at the appropriate spot. Stuff like this that was reported constantly last year that isn't resolved just makes you want to smack your forehead.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #193
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can you change the color of the dreads?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #194
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
In over 100 games in the previous version (2011), I never saw that punting bug.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #195
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The interface in dynasty mode is a total lag fest. I can't believe how slow to respond it is.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:12 PM   #196
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
In over 100 games in the previous version (2011), I never saw that punting bug.

+1
Old 07-13-2011, 06:31 PM   #197
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The interface in dynasty mode is a total lag fest. I can't believe how slow to respond it is.

I've heard this as well, as well as some people are reporting the game is stuttering between plays for some individuals.

That's what concerns me, as developers push hardware further and further, they have to be getting close to what the current gen can do. Now granted, going through menu's slowly seems to be more of a bug than anything, it makes you wonder.

Can anyone confirm or deny? Would be nice to hear some more impressions from people here (OS is a complete mess with all the people posting there), as I trust peoples judgement here.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #198
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I have played an entire High School season in RTG....several exhibition games and my son has played a ton of 1 button games.

1) I do not experience the lag that has been reported, but I do have a newer gen unit (7 months old).

2) RTG is freaking amazing, a full high school season...while schools come to you...I need to work with the sliders on it...by the end of my season I was at 4 stars and had Texas, Oregon and USC offering (Had a 79 sparq to start the season)

3) I haven't played with Dynasty mode, I did download a roster that looked pretty close to what everything is currently.

Oh and for the punting bug, never experienced it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 07-13-2011 at 06:59 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #199
Tigercat
College Starter

Decent amount of lag in menus and occasionally in non-action in game transitions. Its a bit frustrating, having played smoother previous versions, but I find it more than bearable.

(I've got a 60gb PS3)
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #200
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I hadn't played one of these since NCAA 2009 maybe. I was surprised at how time consuming recruiting has become in Dynasty Mode. The on-field gameplay seems pretty good so far after three games.

Last edited by Big Fo : 07-13-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote