Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #151
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

When the adult entertainment starts you grew up watching are now in the MILF category
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #152
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
When the adult entertainment starts you grew up watching are now in the MILF category

Also going through the process of accepting the fact you could see yourself dating a mid-40 year old woman if she wasn't dating somebody.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #153
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

We recently added a fresh-out-of-college guy to our staff. If he's 22 as most graduates would be, that means he'd be born at the earliest sometime in the fall of 1989. That means he won't remember the first Gulf War or GHW Bush's presidency and only has a good recollection of Clinton's second term.

I'm pretty sure I have a few shirts that are older than him that have survived in a box somewhere (or at least nearly as old...I've got quite a few from my high school years when he would have been a toddler or Pre-K).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #154
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
We recently added a fresh-out-of-college guy to our staff. If he's 22 as most graduates would be, that means he'd be born at the earliest sometime in the fall of 1989. That means he won't remember the first Gulf War or GHW Bush's presidency and only has a good recollection of Clinton's second term.

I'm pretty sure I have a few shirts that are older than him that have survived in a box somewhere (or at least nearly as old...I've got quite a few from my high school years when he would have been a toddler or Pre-K).

I've dated a girl born in the spring of '89

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 PM   #155
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
Also going through the process of accepting the fact you could see yourself dating a mid-40 year old woman if she wasn't dating somebody.

Or when that woman suddenly falls into the younger woman category
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #156
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I've dated a girl born in the spring of '89

I'm 33 and I dumped a girl because she was no longer under 21, so thats not why but it did coincide.

I went out with this 25 year old and liked her intelligent banter, that makes me feel old. Usually just go out again with really sarcastic girls, I don't know whats happening.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #157
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Or when that woman suddenly falls into the younger woman category

Gonna be a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
I'm 33 and I dumped a girl because she was no longer under 21, so thats not why but it did coincide.

I went out with this 25 year old and liked her intelligent banter, that makes me feel old. Usually just go out again with really sarcastic girls, I don't know whats happening.

Quote:
That's what I like about these high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #158
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What makes me feel older?

Watching 30 somethings bitch about getting older...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #159
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm attending college half-time. Most of the students are nontraditional students, like me (I'm 37). But there is a girl in one of my classes who was born the year I started dating my wife. Which makes sense, but I had to look at that sentence like three times, thinking I was misreading it, it just seemed so wrong.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #160
Buccaneer
Head Coach

When I go out to lunch, it's usually Chipotle downtown. Our city's original high school is in the downtown area as well and I get to see (and observe with amusement) all of the teens coming into Chipotle for lunch. I believe the freshmen are just about young enough to be my grandchild (funny since I have a 15 yr old kid).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #161
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Just gave the Mr.Hand my-time, your-time speech to my class.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hand.jpg (13.2 KB, 415 views)

Last edited by AENeuman : 05-30-2012 at 03:59 PM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #162
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
If you're here, and I'm here, isn't it our time?
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #163
molson
General Manager

Quote:

And that movie's 30 years old now. So if you were a kid in the 80s, that would be like a teacher back then making reference to 1950s pop-culture. To kids now, the 80s are what the 50s were to us.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #164
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And that movie's 30 years old now. So if you were a kid in the 80s, that would be like a teacher back then making reference to 1950s pop-culture. To kids now, the 80s are what the 50s were to us.

Yep, I used to put in baseball terms. Growing up in the 80's, the 60's were absolutely foreign to me. Guys like Willie Mays, Orlando Cepeda, Roberto Clemente, etc. I knew of them, but had never seen them play. Well, that era is now the 1990s for kids growing up now - Frank Thomas, Bo Jackson, the Bash Brothers from the A's - never heard of them!
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #165
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I have thought about this with music before and it depresses me.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:06 AM   #166
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I have thought about this with music before and it depresses me.

This video has been cracking up all the women in my office this morning. Thanks for sharing.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 AM   #167
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The long-lost Jedi: Meatloaf Skywalker
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #168
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The Mindset List: 2016 List

Beloit University's annual listing for the mindset of a college freshman.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #169
Kodos
Resident Alien

Heh. I totally thought that was Meat Loaf.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #170
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

College freshmen were only 7 on 9/11.

In two or three years freshmen will have no memory of 9/11. It will be just another historical event.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #171
Dutch
"Dutch"

College Freshmen were 4 years old when Front Office Football v1 was released.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #172
saldana
Pro Starter

i had to explain to my girlfriend's daughter (who is 16) what happened during the munich olympics
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #173
JeeberD
General Manager

At work yesterday one of my employees asked how long I had been working for OG. I told her that it will be 12 years in January, and she responded with, "Dang...I was 6 when you started."

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #174
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

The Little Mermaid one seriously blows my mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #175
miami_fan
Coordinator

Beloit College Mindset List 2017

The Mindset List: 2017 List

When the Class of 2017 arrives on campus this fall, these digital natives will already be well-connected to each other. They are more likely to have borrowed money for college than their Boomer parents were, and while their parents foresee four years of school, the students are pretty sure it will be longer than that. Members of this year’s first year class, most of them born in 1995, will search for the academic majors reported to lead to good-paying jobs, and most of them will take a few courses taught at a distant university by a professor they will never meet.

The use of smart phones in class may indicate they are reading the assignment they should have read last night, or they may be recording every minute of their college experience…or they may be texting the person next to them. If they are admirers of Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, they may wonder whether a college degree is all it’s cracked up to be, even as their dreams are tempered by the reality that tech geniuses come along about as often as Halley’s Comet, which they will not glimpse until they reach what we currently consider “retirement age.”

Though they have never had the chicken pox, they are glad to have access to health insurance for a few more years. They will study hard, learn a good deal more, teach their professors quite a lot, and realize eventually that they will soon be in power. After all, by the time they hit their thirties, four out of ten voters will be of their generation. Whatever their employers may think of them, politicians will be paying close attention.

Each August since 1998, Beloit College has released the Beloit College Mindset List, providing a look at the cultural touchstones that shape the lives of students entering college this fall. Prepared by Beloit’s former Public Affairs Director Ron Nief and Keefer Professor of the Humanities Tom McBride, the list was originally created as a reminder to faculty to be aware of dated references. It quickly became an internationally monitored catalog of the changing worldview of each new college generation. Mindset List websites at themindsetlist.com and beloit.edu, as well as the Mediasite webcast and their Facebook page receive more than a million visits annually.

The Mindset List for the Class of 2017

For this generation of entering college students, born in 1995, Dean Martin, Mickey Mantle, and Jerry Garcia have always been dead.

1. Eminem and LL Cool J could show up at parents’ weekend.
2. They are the sharing generation, having shown tendencies to share everything, including possessions, no matter how personal.
3. GM means food that is Genetically Modified.
4. As they started to crawl, so did the news across the bottom of the television screen.
5. “Dude” has never had a negative tone.
6. As their parents held them as infants, they may have wondered whether it was the baby or Windows 95 that had them more excited.
7. As kids they may well have seen Chicken Run but probably never got chicken pox.
8. Having a chat has seldom involved talking.
9. Gaga has never been baby talk.
10. They could always get rid of their outdated toys on eBay.
11. They have known only two presidents.
12. Their TV screens keep getting smaller as their parents’ screens grow ever larger.
13. PayPal has replaced a pen pal as a best friend on line.
14. Rites of passage have more to do with having their own cell phone and Skype accounts than with getting a driver’s license and car.
15. The U.S. has always been trying to figure out which side to back in Middle East conflicts.
16. A tablet is no longer something you take in the morning.
17. Threatening to shut down the government during Federal budget negotiations has always been an anticipated tactic.
18. Growing up with the family dog, one of them has worn an electronic collar, while the other has toted an electronic lifeline.
19. Plasma has never been just a bodily fluid.
20. The Pentagon and Congress have always been shocked, absolutely shocked, by reports of sexual harassment and assault in the military.
21. Spray paint has never been legally sold in Chicago.
22. Captain Janeway has always taken the USS Voyager where no woman or man has ever gone before.
23. While they've grown up with a World Trade Organization, they have never known an Interstate Commerce Commission.
24. Courts have always been ordering computer network wiretaps.
25. Planes have never landed at Stapleton Airport in Denver.
26. Jurassic Park has always had rides and snack bars, not free-range triceratops and velociraptors.
27. Thanks to Megan's Law and Amber Alerts, parents have always had community support in keeping children safe.
28. With GPS, they have never needed directions to get someplace, just an address.
29. Java has never been just a cup of coffee.
30. Americans and Russians have always cooperated better in orbit than on earth.
31. Olympic fever has always erupted every two years.
32. Their parents have always bemoaned the passing of precocious little Calvin and sarcastic stuffy Hobbes.
33. In their first 18 years, they have watched the rise and fall of Tiger Woods and Alex Rodriquez.
34. Yahoo has always been looking over its shoulder for the rise of "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle.”
35. Congress has always been burdened by the requirement that they comply with the anti-discrimination and safety laws they passed for everybody else to follow.
36. The U.S. has always imposed economic sanctions against Iran.
37. The Celestine Prophecy has always been bringing forth a new age of spiritual insights.
38. Smokers in California have always been searching for their special areas, which have been harder to find each year.
39. They aren’t surprised to learn that the position of Top Spook at the CIA is an equal opportunity post.
40. They have never attended a concert in a smoke-filled arena.
41. As they slept safely in their cribs, the Oklahoma City bomber and the Unabomber were doing their deadly work.
42. There has never been a national maximum speed on U.S. highways.
43. Don Shula has always been a fine steak house.
44. Their favorite feature films have always been largely, if not totally, computer generated.
45. They have never really needed to go to their friend’s house so they could study together.
46. They have never seen the Bruins at Boston Garden, the Trailblazers at Memorial Coliseum, the Supersonics in Key Arena, or the Canucks at the Pacific Coliseum.
47. Dayton, Ohio, has always been critical to international peace accords.
48. Kevin Bacon has always maintained six degrees of separation in the cinematic universe.
49. They may have been introduced to video games with a new Sony PlayStation left in their cribs by their moms.
50. A Wiki has always been a cooperative web application rather than a shuttle bus in Hawaii.
51. The Canadian Football League Stallions have always sung Alouette in Montreal after bidding adieu to Baltimore.
52. They have always been able to plug into USB ports
53. Olestra has always had consumers worried about side effects.
54. Washington, D.C., tour buses have never been able to drive in front of the White House.
55. Being selected by Oprah’s Book Club has always read “success.”
56. There has never been a Barings Bank in England.
57. Their parents’ car CD player is soooooo ancient and embarrassing.
58. New York’s Times Square has always had a splash of the Magic Kingdom in it.
59. Bill Maher has always been politically incorrect.
60. They have always known that there are “five hundred, twenty five thousand, six hundred minutes" in a year.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #176
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Asked my students for their favorite movies, here's one from a 16 year old:

1. Phantom Menace
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. All other Star Wars movies, except New Hope

Last edited by AENeuman : 08-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Asked my students for their favorite movies, here's one from a 16 year old:

1. Phantom Menace
2. Revenge of the Sith
3. All other Star Wars movies, except New Hope

That's just an indication of poor taste.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #178
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Meh,

My twelve year old helps keep me relevant. That being said, I just realized that music turned to poo this Summer. I endured top 40 while she was up from the confines of Texas and other than that tolerable Daft Punk song, there was nothing remotely enjoyable.

But then again, I did manage to earn cred for liking Kanye.

Having a 18 month old concerns me though, I feel like with my daughter I was in-step with things, but when my son is twelve, I'll be 50.

It's just so weird, I'd always thought I'd be a young dad, I hated the idea of being an old dad, and yet, here I am, and my wife and I talk about adding two more...

So forget retirement...

I don't fear of losing my edge, I just fear we fall into an Idiocracy type state.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #179
molson
General Manager

I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #180
molson
General Manager

I saw these on facebook recently.

Ralph Macchio is now the same age that Pat Morita was in the original Karate Kid.

And Will Smith is now two years older than the actor who played Uncle Phil was during the first season of Fresh Prince.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #181
ColtCrazy
College Starter

We hired a new tutor this year at school. Cute, intelligent, and a great dry sense of humor….and 14 years younger than me.

My contract I signed this year says this is my 16th year.

A young mother dropped off her daughter to kindergarten. She came through school (I teach elementary) just 10 years ago.

I used to be one of the 4 or 5 youngest teachers in the building. Recent upheaval and retirements now make me the 5th most tenured teacher in the building.

Statis Pro Football, my favorite game growing up, hasn't produced a card set in 22 years.

My old babysitter (current bikini model..just fyi) is now married. She was born into the Clinton administration.

The last children born in the 20th century will be 14 this year.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #182
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Who is this bikini model you speak of?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #183
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.

GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #184
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Who is this bikini model you speak of?

Quoted for urgency.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #185
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The Mindset List: 2017 List
51. The Canadian Football League Stallions have always sung Alouette in Montreal after bidding adieu to Baltimore.

Mildly related thought: they've always known Baltimore had an NFL team and that Cleveland was an expansion team (no matter what the history books say).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #186
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Quoted for urgency.

Haha. I posted her sometime ago, but she's moved to Florida with husband and has been doing new stuff there. Every once in awhile my wife shows me her FB page and acts appalled at her poses. I think it's a trap to see what I'll say.

Anywhere, here you go. Model Mayhem

EDIT: Just remember, this is the make us feel old thread…so she was born in 1993.

Last edited by ColtCrazy : 08-21-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #187
aknott
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Heh. I worked at the Dayton Mall Cinemas the summer that T2 came out. Long time ago.

"Would you like butter-flavored topping on your popcorn, sir?"

I'm 41, but have always looked and felt younger than I am. I attribute it to my general immaturity, and the fact that I generally stay out of the sun. Less toll on your skin over the years.

It's been awhile since there were even cinemas at the Dayton Mall. I remember seeing Rookie of the Year there.
aknott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #188
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
EDIT: Just remember, this is the make us feel old thread…so she was born in 1993.

Hell, the fact that I remember when she was your babysitter kinda makes me feel old at this point
Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #189
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknott View Post
It's been awhile since there were even cinemas at the Dayton Mall. I remember seeing Rookie of the Year there.

Of course, there also used to be a Salem Mall...
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #190
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
It's been awhile since there were even cinemas at the Dayton Mall.

But who will provide folks with their buttery-flavored topping for their popcorn?!

They must not have been able to carry on after I left.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #191
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

By the 2016 election anyone under fifty will be too young to have cast a vote for or against Reagan.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #192
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Hell, the fact that I remember when she was your babysitter kinda makes me feel old at this point

Haha!

Speaking of movies, I remember seeing A View to a Kill in the theaters with my dad on my first trip to England. That movie is only 28 years old.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #193
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
By the 2016 election anyone under fifty will be too young to have cast a vote for or against Reagan.

To be fair, Reagan being the President was a really long time ago.

This might be one of the few times that list doesn't make me feel old. It just reads like a bunch of odd facts.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #194
chadritt
High School Varsity

Having someone who worked under me say "I don't know what you guys are talking about, I loved Jar Jar Binks when the movies came out. Of course I was 10..."
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #195
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Jerry Jones, he seems like he's 110. Why can't he die so the cowboys can have a team again that can win 2 playoff games .................................................................. I don't understand how he gets people excited about crappy teams. I used to watch the braves when they were always in last place before David Justice, but I had hope maybe next year the team will turn around. With Jerry Jones there is no hope, what I don't understand is how the Cowboys are the highest value franchise in Football. I watch less football because how bad they suck.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #196
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Jones is the new Al Davis.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #197
Rando
n00b

Quote:

Was talking to my ex-wife just today and we somehow came upon the topic of John Carptenter's The Thing, one of her favorite movies of all time.

I had to mention that The Thing came out 31 years after the movie it remade, 1951's The Thing from Another World. It has now been 31 years since The Thing was released.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #198
Suicane75
Coordinator

Was just watching a shoot interview with JJ Dillon, and at the end they show a picture of him from the 80's heyday of the Horsemen. It occurred to me that the normal thing is to be shocked by seeing someone who has aged, and that makes you feel old. But as I'm looking at the old pictures of him, I feel old in the sense that the current JJ Dillon is the one I'm now more used to, so seeing him younger, the one I should remember more vividly, is now the shock. If that makes any sense.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #199
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Saw Spacecamp there. And Back to the Future, oddly enough.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #200
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

The movie School of Rock is ten years old. I knew it had been awhile, just not ten years.