Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2009, 11:40 AM   #2001
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
the PB vote day one has become a bit of a joke but I actually had no plan on voting him this game but that day two flop just eats at me. Especially with Jackal staying on the mission it seems like a sympathiser trying to get out of the line of fire so there wouldn't be two of their own standing out for going on the mission instead of the camp.

I understand where EF is coming from but I firmly believed that the items were important. IF I were a wolf, I would stayed there with Jackal to have a shot to get two items and would've outright said screw the village OR I would have put my move in for the mission and "left for the day." Neither of which I did.

I may have been misguided (but now that we lost the camp anyway, I'm not so sure) but I do openly stand by that choice. I did nothing sneaky and admitted I was being selfish.

The one thing I don't get is the Jackal connection he's making. I read the description differently from others but all the searchers were going, Norm and I considered going, I don't know how that makes a link between me and Jackal, particularly when it wasn't a success or failure mission.

For the record, I also voted Jackal twice. The night he got duked away from and the night he got lynched.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:42 AM   #2002
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The above should not be taken to cast suspicion on EF, Poli proved he's good. I just think he's off on his read but I understand (see my voting record two games ago when, despite being good, I think the only time I voted for a wolf was when I caught them doing their kill).
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #2003
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

That all makes sense PB, just tying up some mental loose ends. I don't really get you taking heat for being on the mission and then switching. I mean realistically, didn't our friggin seer do the same thing?
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #2004
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

DT has been unusally quiet this game. Though given how DT typically plays, I'm not sure that's an indictment
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #2005
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Heinz, I appreciate it. I've got to be honest, I don't have a great read on anybody. I feel like there are several guys that are playing very, very low key but at the same time it isn't necessarily out of character for them. I'm on dubb right now just because he seems very different than last game in the sense that he's not trying to run the show or be as involved.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:59 AM   #2006
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Had it not been for the arrest, USFL Tecmo would be someone I would've considered right now but that semi-clears him.

I'm going to go back at some point today to look at which nights had no kills to see if there is a bribe we could've missed on someone after they were cleared. I doubt it but hell, I got nothing else.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #2007
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Heinz, I appreciate it. I've got to be honest, I don't have a great read on anybody. I feel like there are several guys that are playing very, very low key but at the same time it isn't necessarily out of character for them. I'm on dubb right now just because he seems very different than last game in the sense that he's not trying to run the show or be as involved.

I'm basically in the same boat. Granted, I'm in no place to be casting many aspersions as I'm as uncleared as they come but I don't know, this game just gives me the heebie-jeebies. I get the feeling we're being completely snowed by someone.

Dubb just seems almost TOO obvious to me. Basically we as a village have stunk this game, at least the vanilla villagers have. To hit again just seems so darn unlikely.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #2008
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I guess what surprises me most for us is the inability to win camps recently. I really thought that we would likely win the game by winning the camps as opposed to smoking out wolves, but we're getting drilled left and right on camps and, with no nightkills, I wonder if people are being bought off slowly or the wolves just can't do two actions.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #2009
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm out to teach for a while but should be back after school at some point.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #2010
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I guess what surprises me most for us is the inability to win camps recently. I really thought that we would likely win the game by winning the camps as opposed to smoking out wolves, but we're getting drilled left and right on camps and, with no nightkills, I wonder if people are being bought off slowly or the wolves just can't do two actions.

That's my primary concern.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #2011
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The mines tried to fight with propaganda. They release statements in papers with claims of severe laziness by miners, and that they had been provided:

”[P]rovided for his men a swimming pool, a library, a reading room, a bowling alley and even a miniature theatre.”

No coal camp in WV meets this description, and it was used about a coal town in Cabin Creek.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM   #2012
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

CoT:
Poli
Barkeep
TheNorm
EagleFan

Outer Ring (a possible cunning is all the keeps him from a lock at the moment):
Lathum
Chief Rum

Good feel about:
Glengoyne/Schmidty
Danny
RendeR

Sympathiser
???

4. dubb - a lot of suspicion around him at the moment
5. claphamsa - no good read at the moment
6. ntndeacon - is he playing?
7. USFLTecmo - wolf plan to arrest their own?
12. DaddyTorgo - seems to be doing a lot of following, have seen that as a wolf
14. PurdueBrad - still suspicious of the switch from the mission day 2, especially now with TheNorm being good and Jackal being bad (didn't Jackal go on the mission that day? It would make sense that they did not want multiple wolves on the mission when they decided to arrest me)
20. jeheinz - I always think he is a wolf, need to look at a little more as I have no read at the moment.

An update from an earlier list.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #2013
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
didn't Jackal go on the mission that day? It would make sense that they did not want multiple wolves on the mission when they decided to arrest me

EF, can you do me a favor and clarify a point here. Why wouldn't they want multiple wolves there if they were going to arrest you and make the camp fail anyway? Wouldn't they want to plead ignorance and say, "it looked like you had it covered" and then the arrest would look like a surprise to them as well. Or am I missing something?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #2014
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
DT has been unusally quiet this game. Though given how DT typically plays, I'm not sure that's an indictment

I mentioned on Monday morning that I'd be quiet this game. Busy busy week at work meant I couldn't check the thread a ton, and I've tried to keep up while at home, but haven't had much in the way of thrilling insight. Was also just pretty tired.

Spent Saturday helping with some yardwork (repotting a TREE), and then yesterday I walked 20 miles and got home and collapsed.

Games like this with so many moving parts it's always harder for me to get a read on things too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #2015
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF, can you do me a favor and clarify a point here. Why wouldn't they want multiple wolves there if they were going to arrest you and make the camp fail anyway? Wouldn't they want to plead ignorance and say, "it looked like you had it covered" and then the arrest would look like a surprise to them as well. Or am I missing something?

They would assume that we are going to go after the people that went on the mission. There would be 4 people on the mission if you had gone and 2 would be wolves (assuming you are a wolf in this scenario). That gives us a great chance of finding a wolf with a lynch or with a scan. The seer already said he began scanning those who went on the mission just because of that which is what netted us Jackal. It would not be a wise move to leave multiple wolves exposed.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #2016
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone else find it odd that now after Jackal is gone PB's posts have increased dramatically?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:19 PM   #2017
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Ironicaly, I had the same thought about DT this morning.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #2018
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Vote PurdueBrad

I became a little worried of his 'sympathetic' ear while Pass was badgering me. I wouldn't put it past the two of them to play good cop/bad cop on me.

No offense, PB. You're still my boy and my tag team partner in the next dungeon.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #2019
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Poli's list, blantantly stolen from Eaglefan.

CoT:
Poli
Barkeep
TheNorm
EagleFan

Lathum
Chief Rum

Good feel about:

RendeR
Ntndeacon
usfltecmo

Sympathiser
???
PurdueBrad
dubb
claphamsa
DaddyTorgo
jeheinz
danny

If I had to put the ones listed in black in an order of most concerned to least, I'd say it's in this order.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #2020
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I mentioned on Monday morning that I'd be quiet this game. Busy busy week at work meant I couldn't check the thread a ton, and I've tried to keep up while at home, but haven't had much in the way of thrilling insight. Was also just pretty tired.

Spent Saturday helping with some yardwork (repotting a TREE), and then yesterday I walked 20 miles and got home and collapsed.

Games like this with so many moving parts it's always harder for me to get a read on things too.

what in the world would posses you to walk 20 miles?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #2021
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Poli's list, blantantly stolen from Eaglefan.

CoT:
Poli
Barkeep
TheNorm
EagleFan

Lathum
Chief Rum

Good feel about:

RendeR
Ntndeacon
usfltecmo

Sympathiser
???
PurdueBrad
dubb
claphamsa
DaddyTorgo
jeheinz
danny

If I had to put the ones listed in black in an order of most concerned to least, I'd say it's in this order.

why do you not trsut me?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #2022
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Why should I trust you?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:44 PM   #2023
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

work on food distribution
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #2024
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why should I trust you?
just asking

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #2025
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Anyone else find it odd that now after Jackal is gone PB's posts have increased dramatically?

Are you serious? Do you look back before you say something or do you just post based on your perception? I've posted six times after Jackal's death (two were to put in vote or work orders, one was a correction and three were theories).

THEN every other post I put up is in regards to your vote for me, your suspicion of what you call my "flop" or to put forth why I made the choices I made. Come on. I've posted over 100 times, didn't post much on Friday-Sunday because, frankly, I thought taking my kid to the zoo was worth doing, same with trying to spend time outside with my family on the weekend. But fine, if you think I've posted more because I tried to answer concerns and questions, fine. Jesus. We're in day 5 or 6 and 18% of my posts came after Jackal's death, what does that tell you about the other 82%?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #2026
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Are you serious? Do you look back before you say something or do you just post based on your perception? I've posted six times after Jackal's death (two were to put in vote or work orders, one was a correction and three were theories).

THEN every other post I put up is in regards to your vote for me, your suspicion of what you call my "flop" or to put forth why I made the choices I made. Come on. I've posted over 100 times, didn't post much on Friday-Sunday because, frankly, I thought taking my kid to the zoo was worth doing, same with trying to spend time outside with my family on the weekend. But fine, if you think I've posted more because I tried to answer concerns and questions, fine. Jesus. We're in day 5 or 6 and 18% of my posts came after Jackal's death, what does that tell you about the other 82%?

that you actually counted your posts :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #2027
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
just asking
As am I. Why shoud I trust you?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #2028
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As am I. Why shoud I trust you?

cuz ive been so busy last week, that i have no idea what is going on

if I was a wolf, someone would have explained it to me

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #2029
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
that you actually counted your posts :P

Yeah, didn't take too long actually. But I love that I do stay around, answer questions, and put forth ideas, and people drop off the face of the earth and get nothing. I should look back to see what day I posted the most, maybe it was 9/12 and I am the missing hijacker.

Tantrum over.

...no, wait now tantrum over.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #2030
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

ROFL
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #2031
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I see USFL and Glengoyne in the thread, would love to get their read on our current situation.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #2032
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

And Lathum too
Old 05-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #2033
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Pass-1- Clap (1116)
Render-4- Lathum (1134), Autumn (1190), Pass (1331),The Jackal (1377)
Jackal-6-Danny (1166), Poli (1202), Heinze (1216), BK (1312), PB (1334), Render (1354)
Autumn-1- CR (1255)
Schmidty-2-USFL (1358), Dubb (1361),
No Lynch-1-TheNorm (1370)
PB- 1- Ef (1373)

So looking back through this we see that PB cast a pretty late vote on Jackal, that opens up 2 possibilites.

1. PB is a villager and was casting a late vote on a suspected wolf.

2. PB is a wolf and they had given up on Jackal. I can actually see this as a possibility. Pass and Jackal had already voted on Render, for a 3rd wolf to vote Render would be pretty ballsy, especially once it came out Jackal was a wolf it would look like PB was trying to save him.

I also don't like Clap's vote on Pass, looks like a possible wolf voting for another wolf so later in the game he can try and use that as a defense.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #2034
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, think I'll switch my vote over at this point.

UNVOTE PB

VOTE CLAP
Old 05-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #2035
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
So looking back through this we see that PB cast a pretty late vote on Jackal, that opens up 2 possibilites.

2. PB is a wolf and they had given up on Jackal. I can actually see this as a possibility. Pass and Jackal had already voted on Render, for a 3rd wolf to vote Render would be pretty ballsy, especially once it came out Jackal was a wolf it would look like PB was trying to save him.

I also don't like Clap's vote on Pass, looks like a possible wolf voting for another wolf so later in the game he can try and use that as a defense.

Haha, clap planning ahead. That's a good one Lathum. You're a hoot.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #2036
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, didn't take too long actually. But I love that I do stay around, answer questions, and put forth ideas, and people drop off the face of the earth and get nothing. I should look back to see what day I posted the most, maybe it was 9/12 and I am the missing hijacker.

Tantrum over.

...no, wait now tantrum over.

At least we found the missing hijacker...

You seem WAY too defensive at this point. You were defending yourself against one vote. That same vote was on you earlier in the game and got no major response. The only difference between now and then is that Pass and Jackal are gone.

Just sayin'.....
Old 05-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #2037
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

In PB's defense, I've been kickin' the tires.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #2038
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
At least we found the missing hijacker...

You seem WAY too defensive at this point. You were defending yourself against one vote. That same vote was on you earlier in the game and got no major response. The only difference between now and then is that Pass and Jackal are gone.

Just sayin'.....

You're way more accusatory now, only difference is that Pass, the Jackal, and the Flyers are gone.

Just saying.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:29 PM   #2039
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I thought about arguing for the benefit of a scan but there are only one of two possible outcomes. First, Norm gets nightkilled which them makes me look guilty as hell. Or, and this is my favorite, I come back good/clean at which point you'll revert to calling me the cunning. So it really feels no win at this point.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #2040
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I see USFL and Glengoyne in the thread, would love to get their read on our current situation.

I'm just glad that Norm nailed us a sympathizer. I have no idea where to go with the vote, and it doesn't seem like there's any real trend here either. I'm a little shocked the wolves picked me rather than CR to be jailed the other day, because we're both x3 patrol, and I don't hold a candle to CR yet in terms of analysis and overall helpfulness. Maybe a ploy to frame CR? I'm glad Norm scanned him too, because CR was my initial suspicion when I was jailed.

My best interpretation is that this is the last stage of the conflict, the endgame. I wish there was confirmation on that, but I don't see any at first glance.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #2041
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I see no situation whatsoever in which Norm gets nightkilled this evening.

Thus sayeth the bodyguard.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #2042
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

was random, never said otherwise

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #2043
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, think I'll switch my vote over at this point.

UNVOTE PB

VOTE CLAP
even with no reason?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #2044
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Haha, clap planning ahead. That's a good one Lathum. You're a hoot.
jerk

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #2045
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
was random, never said otherwise

how does that do anything to make it less suspicous?
Old 05-04-2009, 02:39 PM   #2046
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I've asked you to give me a reason to trust you and all I get are smiley faces. I'm just repaying the favor.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #2047
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
how does that do anything to make it less suspicous?

why would it be suspicious at all? I could see your argument if i was trumpeting that I had voted for pass, but I haven't mentioned it (other than in an offhanded manner once) so....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #2048
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've asked you to give me a reason to trust you and all I get are smiley faces. I'm just repaying the favor.
fair enouhg :P

Im no loss for the village, stupid flu has taken too much of my time, and im clueless at this point

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM   #2049
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I have over 100 fewer posts, than 2 dead guys

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #2050
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, gym then home, another shitty day, at least I can leave ontime