Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #23251
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump wants us to know how stupid we are:

Quote:
Does anybody get the meaning of what a so-called Noble (not Nobel) Prize is, especially as it pertains to Reporters and Journalists? Noble is defined as, “having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals.” Does sarcasm ever work?
Old 04-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #23252
RainMaker
General Manager

Just a remarkably dumb human being. Will be impossible to describe this to future generations.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:02 PM   #23253
Atocep
Coordinator

It's like watching an Office episode where Michael learns what sarcasm is and starts using it as an excuse for everything he does.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:18 AM   #23254
Flasch186
Coordinator

It's certainly going to be hard to talk to future generations about the esteem that comes with 'winning' the presidency and the type of leadership required to win that sort of election. The pinnacle of characteristics found consistently in them...

and then there's this one outlier.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #23255
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Washington Post did an analysis of Trump's speaking during his briefings. Apparently, out of 13 hours of talking, he spent 4.5 minutes expressing condolences for the victims.

I mean, that is just such an own goal. Getting up there and talking about how sorry you are for the losses of so many brave Americans is politics 101. I'm not saying you have to believe it. I imagine most politicians don't believe stuff like that. But you still say it. It makes you look human. It makes you look like you care. It dispels the idea that you are a narcissist.

It is kind of amazing (in a morbid way) that Trump has such little empathy that he can't even understand why faking empathy is important.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #23256
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Washington Post did an analysis of Trump's speaking during his briefings. Apparently, out of 13 hours of talking, he spent 4.5 minutes expressing condolences for the victims.

I mean, that is just such an own goal. Getting up there and talking about how sorry you are for the losses of so many brave Americans is politics 101. I'm not saying you have to believe it. I imagine most politicians don't believe stuff like that. But you still say it. It makes you look human. It makes you look like you care. It dispels the idea that you are a narcissist.

It is kind of amazing (in a morbid way) that Trump has such little empathy that he can't even understand why faking empathy is important.

He's a narcissist. I've been saying that since the election. Part of narcissism is the inability to have empathy and the other is genuinely believing that everything is indeed, about you. The inability of others to put a cover on him, has just further exaggerated this point. He's a textbook case.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #23257
Atocep
Coordinator

TIL the Lakers are a small business.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #23258
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
TIL the Lakers are a small business.

If only there was a Congressionally approved Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery to oversee such a program.

You'd probably want to put one of those in any "bailout" bill. And only an imbecile or crook would get rid of such a thing.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-27-2020 at 12:34 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #23259
molson
General Manager

It seems like the small business loans were intended to go to large corporations as well. There were so many ready to jump in. It's just a question of whether the Democrats didn't notice, were out-maneuvered, to accepted it as a concession.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #23260
Autumn
Head Coach

I've been waiting weeks for my small business loan, and we're talking about peanuts. If it runs out of money again before they get around to me, I'm going to be pissed.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #23261
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
If only there was a Congressionally approved Special Inspector General for Pandemic Recovery to oversee such a program.

You'd probably want to put one of those in any "bailout" bill. And only an imbecile or crook would get rid of such a thing.

SI

It's ALL a con.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-27-2020, 03:23 PM   #23262
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The IRS sending out letters from, "The White House" so that Trump can send his signature to every American is rather horse shitty.
Old 04-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #23263
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I've been waiting weeks for my small business loan, and we're talking about peanuts. If it runs out of money again before they get around to me, I'm going to be pissed.

Which one did you file? I did an EIDL but it looks like several hundred thousand applications need to be processed before mine.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 04:31 PM   #23264
QuikSand
lolzcat

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:05 PM   #23265
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Good luck. One business I have got the grant but hasn't heard a word since. PPP is mostly just going to big companies and those with connections to the banks. Something we don't have so I'm not even bothering anymore.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:08 PM   #23266
Autumn
Head Coach

I applied for a PPP loan during the first round but it ran out before they processed mine. I'm in queue now for the second round. I know they put a clause in this time to put more money towards small banks, which mine is, so I'm hoping that gives me a shot but I can't get any sense from my bank how far in the queue I am. I wish I just knew because I have to decide between that, and EIDL loan and unemployment.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #23267
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I applied for a PPP loan during the first round but it ran out before they processed mine. I'm in queue now for the second round. I know they put a clause in this time to put more money towards small banks, which mine is, so I'm hoping that gives me a shot but I can't get any sense from my bank how far in the queue I am. I wish I just knew because I have to decide between that, and EIDL loan and unemployment.

You'll never get that EIDL loan. I'd aim for PPP. Have you tried Paypal? Heard people having success there.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:16 PM   #23268
RainMaker
General Manager

What the hell

Old 04-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #23269
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 04-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #23270
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I filed for the pandemic unemployment a week ago. We’ll see how long that takes to even get a determination. My tax refund for this year has been held up for 60+ days now because of a reporting glitch by one of my wife’s W2 forms. It’s all an annoying shit show. I was doing a lot of food delivery for awhile but that shit makes you want to strangle people.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:22 PM   #23271
RainMaker
General Manager

Fed bailed out Carnival Cruise. A company incorporated in Panama that flies foreign flags.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:44 PM   #23272
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well I hope the debt we've incurred was worth it.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:09 AM   #23273
kingfc22
Head Coach

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/28/smal...chin-says.html

It’s almost as if there should have been an IG overseeing this from the get-go.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:26 AM   #23274
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Fed bailed out Carnival Cruise. A company incorporated in Panama that flies foreign flags.

God, those fucking bastards. Incorporate outside the U.S. to not pay taxes, but then put your hands out for a bailout.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:09 AM   #23275
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Hoyer says the House is going to take at least one more week off before returning to Washington. It's a good thing nothing needs to be done right now.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #23276
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Trump DoJ argued today that a President could pay for everyone's health insurance without Congressional approval and Congress would have no standing to sue.

That certainly would make Medicare for All easier.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:01 AM   #23277
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

triple dola

Damn, Weaver and Wilson sure do know how to make advertisements.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:07 AM   #23278
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
God, those fucking bastards. Incorporate outside the U.S. to not pay taxes, but then put your hands out for a bailout.

Yet, I haven't heard a peep out of our "protectionist" president

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #23279
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'm against bailing out the cruise lines in general, but I don't get why it matters that they incorporated outside the US. Either it's important to bail them out for the good of the greater economy or it isn't, and where they incorporate isn't relevant to that decision.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #23280
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
triple dola

Wow, you bypassed the double dola and then went straight to the triple dola!

That's a serious breach in protocol
Old 04-28-2020, 11:52 AM   #23281
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/polit...sts/index.html

What is truth? said jesting Pilate
Old 04-28-2020, 11:53 AM   #23282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I'm against bailing out the cruise lines in general, but I don't get why it matters that they incorporated outside the US. Either it's important to bail them out for the good of the greater economy or it isn't, and where they incorporate isn't relevant to that decision.

Because they don't pay US taxes and hardly employee US citizens? How is it any different than bailing out some resort in the Dominican Republic?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:03 PM   #23283
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It's not any different. When it comes to the economy, we're at least 20 years past the point where it makes sense to think nationally. The economy and larger corporations themselves are global. Our money should go where it's best to minimize damage to the overall economy, because there's no such thing as our economy doing well if the global economy isn't.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:07 PM   #23284
QuikSand
lolzcat

Florida a swing state tho, and undecided voters love them some 7NC
Old 04-28-2020, 12:14 PM   #23285
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
It's not any different. When it comes to the economy, we're at least 20 years past the point where it makes sense to think nationally. The economy and larger corporations themselves are global. Our money should go where it's best to minimize damage to the overall economy, because there's no such thing as our economy doing well if the global economy isn't.

My biggest issue it is that the money is much better spent on small businesses here, many of which are getting shafted on this stimulus bailout. At the end of the day, not being able to take a cruise on a foreign owned entity is not going to devastate the global economy like thousands of small businesses going under will harm ours.

It just increases the disparity between big and small business sector. Local family owned businesses are such a value to community and it kills me to see so many of them fall by the wayside while the CEO's of big corporations profit from this.

We give a 100 a week to a local family business, whether it be leaving 100 tip on a takeout to split between employees, or sending through paypal to others (The Jiu Jitsu academy I train at as an example) I know that is an almost insignificant drop in the bucket, but we do it because we value them. I wish our Government felt the same way.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:19 PM   #23286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

But who gives a rip of carnival goes out of business? If there is the demand someone else will fill it and maybe they will fly under a US flag, pay taxes, etc...

These cruise lines for years have skirted the system to their benefit and now they want a bail out, screw that.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #23287
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

but 'nationalism' is a core tenant of any of the admin's decisions. So they can't have it both ways...or shouldn't anyways

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-28-2020, 02:00 PM   #23288
QuikSand
lolzcat

You can't make this shit up...

I mean... I'm sure this has been vetted through focus groups of fuckwits self-identifying as open to voting for Trump... so the "look masculine and authoritative, not sissified and weak" is very much a mood. Oh, and fuck the sick people, who gives a fuck about them. Just jam eleventy people in the tiny room for the photo op, and let the boss be a boss without a mask because reasons.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #23289
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I bet Trump has either ordered senior people to go without masks, or he's talked about them so much that they know not to wear them.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:20 PM   #23290
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The sad part is that when I saw "Mayo Clinic" trending on twitter, I thought it was going to be announcing some amazing antiviral or vaccine breakthrough.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:24 PM   #23291
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
The sad part is that when I saw "Mayo Clinic" trending on twitter, I thought it was going to be announcing some amazing antiviral or vaccine breakthrough.

Sucker. Everything is a con.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #23292
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
but 'nationalism' is a core tenant of any of the admin's decisions. So they can't have it both ways...or shouldn't anyways

Thanks for pointing this out. Figured this was obvious to all...
Old 04-28-2020, 03:18 PM   #23293
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Thanks for pointing this out. Figured this was obvious to all...

It's hard to see the truth for people when the gaslight is literally on the end of your F'n nose.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #23294
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
But who gives a rip of carnival goes out of business? If there is the demand someone else will fill it and maybe they will fly under a US flag, pay taxes, etc...

These cruise lines for years have skirted the system to their benefit and now they want a bail out, screw that.

I agree with this. If carnival goes out of business, someone will pick up the pieces and there will still be US staff.

I can see where we make exceptions for national security (e.g. maybe a pharma company that have viable vaccine/therapy candidates) but not for a cruise line.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:58 PM   #23295
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

Mmmmm, mayo clinic.... drool....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #23296
RainMaker
General Manager

Carnival wouldn't even go out of business. They would just file bankruptcy and emerge from that. That is how this should work.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #23297
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I've been very impressed with the NC Governor through all this.

He's a Democrat running a slightly red-leaning state, but he's managing to keep things pretty balanced and people pretty happy from what I can tell.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #23298
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Bernie/AOC crowd thinks that this country is ready for socialism.

This country just tried liberalism for about two weeks and freaked the fuck out and cried uncle.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #23299
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU14
My biggest issue it is that the money is much better spent on small businesses here, many of which are getting shafted on this stimulus bailout. At the end of the day, not being able to take a cruise on a foreign owned entity is not going to devastate the global economy like thousands of small businesses going under will harm ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
who gives a rip of carnival goes out of business? If there is the demand someone else will fill it

I don't know how I've managed to not be clear on this - I think my previous posts are explicit - but I agree that the money is better spent elsewhere. I'm just saying that should be the argument, not the irrelevant part about it being a foreign-owned entity.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 04-28-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #23300
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
The Bernie/AOC crowd thinks that this country is ready for socialism.

This country just tried liberalism for about two weeks and freaked the fuck out and cried uncle.

Did the people freak out, or did those pulling the levers of power freak out and determine that they needed to reinforce the old way before anyone gets any radical ideas? This is essentially a "dissidents will be shot [well, fired]" edict.

(I mean, there IS freaking the fuck out, but more because people have the attention spans of gnats and can't just chill.)